Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79184 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Ukwa1: 11:52am On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
There's nothing to show in this images. It doesn't even show if there's a lockdown or not. It's just an aerial view of the best estate in the state
[/s]

18 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Yobabad: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2020
Yoruba Muslims will not like this good news, why do they have too much haterate towards the Igbos. Is because of them Buhari was proposing Hate speech Bill

25 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2020
dawnomike:
Igbo amako...Igbo Ifeoma ni grin

Don't bite your tongue.

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.

emperorshaokahn

Blackfire

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Blackfire(m): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
Some years ago a very tribalistic fellow followed me to my 'village' ,he is a tiller , he spent 1 month on the job, when he returned he almost fought me, reason ? Why did I call estate , village...

Anyway he is married to an Igbo lady and he is based in Ihiala ... He speaks Igbo more than me, and he is now completely Igbo, he now calls me Yoruba man.

We have done well since after the war, considering what we have in Nigeria

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by XANDERBOY85: 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles

Hehehehe grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Powerintoxicate: 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .
what a joke. You guys can't even build 20 storey building s now you talking bout New York

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Amumaigwe: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls

The money was really "made" from South West. But it was "earned" through hardwork and not a grant. So what?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Amumaigwe: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
Arysexy:
Onitsha Ado!

Who could believe this place was totally destroyed without a single storey building standing as at 1970 when d war ended.

100% rebuilt by individual efforts.

Igbo Amaka really.

22 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'

Beside these, many of the house owners you are referring to are already in Indonesian or other countries serving jail terms. "Indonesian prison some years back revealed that out of the 21 Nigerian drug peddlers on death roll, 20 of them were from Anambra state". Some of them are proceed of drug peddling and other negative vices

https://www.nairaland.com/5347897/abike-out-21-drug-dealers

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AmericanQuarter: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Ibadan is 95% slums and shanties, so what's the need of having big useless landmass filled with ghettos. Mind you Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria. Now can you also do the same comparison between Ibadan and Lagos.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by idealogical: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
Another see me see me low self-esteem thread

What else is new?

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 12:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
There's nothing to show in this images. It doesn't even show if there's a lockdown or not. It's just an aerial view of the best estate in the state

Udoka estate in awka fine pass this one by far, ngozika estate as well, the guy is just trying to rep his hood

17 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

We've being through this before, the onitsha metropolitan is different from onitsha town
Saying that onitsha is only the onitsha town is like saying Abuja is only the CENTRAL AREA

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Sylraph1: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
I see tribal warriors coming Soon......
Relax...fight will start soon
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
EmekusTHEgreat:

We've being through this before, the onitsha metropolitan is different from onitsha town
Saying that onitsha is only the onitsha town is like saying Abuja is only the CENTRAL AREA
Rubbish submission! Google anyone you like Onitcha town vs Ibadan town, Onitcha metropolitan vs Ibadan metropolitan and see your folly

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Smartmanager(m): 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls
Because money no dey Onitsha abi?

24 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by jimyjames(m): 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
My friend you are dull , so in your dull mind now Ibadan is more developed than Lagos cause Ibadan is twice bigger than Lagos by landmass?

sreamsense:

Beside these, many of the house owners you are referring to are already in Indonesian or other countries serving jail terms. "Indonesian prison some years back revealed that out of the 21 Nigerian drug peddlers on death roll, 20 of them were from Anambra state". Some of them are proceed of drug peddling and other negative vices

https://www.nairaland.com/5347897/abike-out-21-drug-dealers

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by oyawork: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Do you still have your old CV for a new job application?
Get Updated. Visit www.oyawork.com and upload your CV for repackaging.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

Ibadan is 95% slums and shanties, so what's the need of having big useless landmass filled with ghettos. Mind you Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria. Now can you also do the same comparison between Ibadan and Lagos.

You talk ignorantly and I laughed at your foolishness in 3D. Do you really know what slum is all about? Do you know that acute housing deficit is one of the major cause of slum? Your small areas are crowded, no big motorable roads; major areas are fast turning to slum gradually.

At moment, there are many slum areas in Onitcha metropolis compared to Ibadan. Do you know that even internationally, UN-Habitat even identified four main slum settlements within Onitsha metropolis to include: Mammy Market Slum, Otu Slum, Okpoko Slum and Prison Slum. However, Okpoko Slum is the largest.

You can reference it here to confirm your stupidity:

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.arch.20170704.05.html
If four slums can be identified only in that small enclaved city, tell me what is left in Onitcha landmass ? Cite internationally recognized slum in Ibadan to back up your claim. The whole Onitcha building can only fill 1/6th of Ibadan based on previous analysis. Google it and do your calculation.

12 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by XANDERBOY85: 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
what a joke. You guys can't even build 20 storey building s now you talking bout New York

So you reckon New York is made up solely of skyscrapers? Are there no suburbs?

In any case, Igbo cities can only start witnessing construction of the skycrapers you mentioned only when there’s a true and comprehensive restructuring of the Nigerian political-economy, or when we’re truly independent and control our own economy and resources!

35 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AmericanQuarter: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

ou talk ignorantly and I laughed at your foolishness in 3D. Do you really know what slum is all about? Do you know that acute housing deficit is one of the major cause of slum? Your small areas are crowded, no big motorable roads; major areas are fast turning to slum gradually.
At moment, there are many slum areas in Onitcha metropolis compared to Ibadan. Do you know that even internationally, UN-Habitat even identified four main slum settlements within Onitsha metropolis to include: Mammy Market Slum, Otu Slum, Okpoko Slum and Prison Slum. However, Okpoko Slum is the largest. You can reference it here to confirm your stupidity:http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.arch.20170704.05.htmlmf four slums can be identified only in that small enclaved city, tell me what is left in Onitcha landmass ? Cite internationally recognized slum in Ibadan to back up your claim. The whole Onitcha building can only fill 1/6th of Ibadan based on previous analysis. Google it and do your calculation.

Stop embarrassing yorubas here, there is no single slum in Onitsha.

Ibadan is almost 100% slum with exclusion of their government house and few buildings

This is what you see when you view Ibadan from top. Ibadan is almost 100% covered with mud houses and rustic brown roofs.

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nextdoor84(m): 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You talk ignorantly and I laughed at your foolishness in 3D. Do you really know what slum is all about? Do you know that acute housing deficit is one of the major cause of slum? Your small areas are crowded, no big motorable roads; major areas are fast turning to slum gradually.

At moment, there are many slum areas in Onitcha metropolis compared to Ibadan. Do you know that even internationally, UN-Habitat even identified four main slum settlements within Onitsha metropolis to include: Mammy Market Slum, Otu Slum, Okpoko Slum and Prison Slum. However, Okpoko Slum is the largest.

You can reference it here to confirm your stupidity:

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.arch.20170704.05.html
If four slums can be identified only in that small enclaved city, tell me what is left in Onitcha landmass ? Cite internationally recognized slum in Ibadan to back up your claim. The whole Onitcha building can only fill 1/6th of Ibadan based on previous analysis. Google it and do your calculation.

Honestly you are a daft! Do you think cities are rated based on how big they are? You rate cities based on how well planned they're, presence of essential amenities etc.
Can you compare Ibadan to Lagos/Abuja/PH? Mind you IB is bigger than all of them.
I live in Ibadan at the moment, IB is also a beautiful place to live and raise kids. Let's appreciate ourselves and free our hearts and minds from hate.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by crestedaguiyi: 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
nijabazaar:

Really.

You would rather prefer the narrative of the SE being an erosion riddle enclave with itinerant traders huh. I guess that's the stereotype you are most comfortable with.
You know, if you dont like this kinda thread, there are other threads to indulge in

See , certain things are uncalled for and this one is certainly one of the such.

We talking covid19/ lockdown and someone is talking brown roof.

Can we please put nonsense aside and find a solution to the covid19 thing.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nextdoor84(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

Stop embarrassing yorubas here, there is no single slum in Onitsha.

Ibadan is almost 100% slum with exclusion of their government house and few buildings

This is what you see when you view Ibadan from top.

Oga this is not what Ibadan represents! Ibadan is a lovely city to live in. Yes it has its own ghettos but overall the city is making progress. So free your ugly mind from hate.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Powerintoxicate: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

So you reckon New York is made up solely of skyscrapers? Are there no suburbs?

In any case, Igbo cities can only start witnessing construction of the skycrapers you mentioned only when there’s a true and comprehensive restructuring of the Nigerian political-economy, or when we’re truly independent and control our own economy and resources!
igbos are funny. In Nigeria seems only Lagos has got skyscrapers. You think bungalows and duplexes mean anything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend you are dull , so in your dull mind now Ibadan is more developed than Lagos cause Ibadan is twice bigger than Lagos by landmass?

Stop running away from the main thread! You can't even compare yourself with Lagos. In population alone, Lagos city alone is times five of Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos than that your small enclave. However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by content208: 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine .
Brown roofs everywhere .

That's because southwest was already living in houses with galvanized roofing sheets, while your grandparents were still typing wrapper, living in huts with thatched roofs to fight clan wars with cutlasses.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lie, this is San Francisco, not onisha

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by sreamsense: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
nextdoor84:

Honestly you are a daft! Do you think cities are rated based on how big they are? You rate cities based on how well planned they're, presence of essential amenities etc.
Can you compare Ibadan to Lagos/Abuja/PH? Mind you IB is bigger than all of them.
I live in Ibadan at the moment, IB is also a beautiful place to live and raise kids. Let's appreciate ourselves and free our hearts and minds from hate.

Stop running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave.

However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city.

The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful!

If it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future than what you lived in small enclave Onitcha before running down to Ibadan to secure future for your children?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.