Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79218 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Shormiey(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2020
content208:

That's because southwest was already living in houses with galvanized roofing sheets, while your grandparents were still typing wrapper, living in huts with thatched roofs to fight clan wars with cutlasses.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Saintinoo(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls
Was built from money made in China, Europe, America and other southeast states please. What has Southwest contributed to the development of Southeast.... No tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by tolijascro(m): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2020
someone should shows us pictures of some lucratives estates in ibadan and lagos island to shut my biafla blothers up....abeg yorubas no be una mate
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

Ibadan is 95% slums and shanties, so what's the need of having big useless landmass filled with ghettos. Mind you Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria. Now can you also do the same comparison between Ibadan and Lagos.

Ibadan is 95% slums and shanties according to IPOB bureau of statistics and Lagos is 1,171 kmĀ² in land mass even if it is the smallest state in Nigeria, it is still 20 times bigger than Onitsha.

I can upload bad pictures of Onitsha and call the whole Anambra 100% slums and shanties but I don't even need to do that.

The first picture was Ibadan and the second one was Enugu with brown roofs.

more over how many Yoruba is in Onitsha compare to how you economic refugee are in Ibadan? Keep deceiving yourselves Nyamirin.

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by NwaAnambra(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Beolly:
OP only snapped Onitsha GRA and it's axis, please I want to see the pictures of upper iweka and the dreaded ogboko axis, you can only fool those who have never been to east before okwia

Is this a joke? Upper Iweka up to Awada, Odume layout, Old Road down to Nkpor are one of the most built up places in this country. How many cities in Nigeria can boast of such Middle Class settlements?
People mention Awada here alot but I think you should pay Odume layout a visit and the sheer number of high rise buildings will blow your mind. Almost all the buildings are not more than 20yrs. That's unprecedented housing development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2020
jimyjames:

My friend you are dull , so in your dull mind now Ibadan is more developed than Lagos cause Ibadan is twice bigger than Lagos by landmass?

You are the dull one here if Lagos is more developed than Ibadan, it is not because of the buildings and roads it is because of its economy and it is more industrialized than Ibadan.

What does Onitsha have that Ibadan does not have?

Is Onitsha more industrialized than Ibadan?

Go to school and learn more about development.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 7:37am On Apr 13, 2020
chaplainpro:

You are right. I saw my office in GRA in one of the pictures.
I was looking to find out how the strong areas in Onitsha looks like at this time but the OP didnt post these areas. He only posted soft areas like someone rightly called it.

Please try show us how these areas look like;
Upper Iweka
Head bridge
Awada
Okpoko
Tarzan
Egerton
Ochanja
Owerri road
Nkpor
Awka road on
Holy Trinity
Tarzan

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by NwaAnambra(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2020
Beolly:

Nwa igbo Bia I didn't ask for the road pictures, I want to see the structures at ogboko, tarzan, especially egerton immediately after the GRA, awka road, awada etc. I did my youth service in anambra. You can fool those who don't leave Lagos not me okwia!

Who is this fellow? Are you nuts? I want to know what is wrong with Awada, Awka Road, Tarzan, Egerton. If they are the slums you are talking about then I weep for you. Do you know how much it costs to erect a Five storey high rise building? You are seriously uninformed.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 13, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Pictures showing the inner streets of Onitsha neighbourhoods as the lockdown persists.

na for helicopter u dey take the picture? Op de Op
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

I have told you to stop embarrassing yourself here. Ibadan is 100% slum, igbos don't live in slum. Igbos are not in SW but Lagos which the former FCT. Get informed.

There are slums in Ibadan but Ibadan is not 100% slums, Igbo live in all South West states

You will find good pictures of Ibadan and bad pictures of Onitsha online. Get your fact right and stop oozing of hatred.

With these pictures of Ibadan, I can claim it is better than Abuja

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by content208: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2020
Ucheosefoh:
Are you saying that maintain culture and upgrade are not in you guys mind.

Based on your logic, New York, London, Paris etc could have been filled with outdated 19 century buildings.

Have you travelled to all the parts of Ibadan and Osogbo and the only thing you see is brown roof?
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2020
chaplainpro:

You are right. I saw my office in GRA in one of the pictures.
I was looking to find out how the strong areas in Onitsha looks like at this time but the OP didnt post these areas. He only posted soft areas like someone rightly called it.

Please try show us how these areas look like;
Upper Iweka
Head bridge
Awada
Okpoko
Tarzan
Egerton
Ochanja
Owerri road
Nkpor
Awka road
Holy Trinity
Ochanja is market
Awka road, Nkpor and Holy Trinity.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 13, 2020
OGwales:
Yet Igbo people can not sit in the place. They must come to West to make their living.

Can I see your brown roof?
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Mrfeel: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2020
But you dull people have been measuring development by landmass, you claim Onitsha is not up to the size of one local government in Ibadan so Ibadan is more developed

KingOdart:

You are the dull one here if Lagos is more developed than Ibadan, it is not because of the buildings and roads it is because of its economy and it is more industrialized than Ibadan.

What does Onitsha have that Ibadan does not have?

Is Onitsha more industrialized than Ibadan?

Go to school and learn more about development.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:52am On Apr 13, 2020
AmericanQuarter:

Stop embarrassing yorubas here, there is no single slum in Onitsha.

Ibadan is almost 100% slum with exclusion of their government house and few buildings

This is what you see when you view Ibadan from top. Ibadan is almost 100% covered with mud houses and rustic brown roofs.

These are also pictures of brown and rustic roofs in South East.

This also prove South East is 98% covered in slums and mud houses

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2020
Mrfeel:
But you dull people have been measuring development by landmass, you claim Onitsha is not up to the size of one local government in Ibadan so Ibadan is more developed

Ibadan is not only bigger than Onitsha but is also more industrialized than Onitsha.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by CreekCommando: 7:54am On Apr 13, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin
..especially those B-roof people grin grin grin
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 7:57am On Apr 13, 2020
KingOdart:

There are slums in Ibadan but Ibadan is not 100% slums, Igbo live in all South West states

You will find good pictures of Ibadan and bad pictures of Onitsha online. Get your fact right and stop oozing of hatred.

Onitsha doesn't end in Onitsha town, Onitsha metro covers Onitsha North, South, Idemili North, Ogbaru and Oyi, with many towns that made up sub Obosi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Oba and Umunya

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by starbBonny: 7:57am On Apr 13, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .
Which side of Ahiazu Mbaise are you from?
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2020
Ucheosefoh:
Are you saying that maintain culture and upgrade are not in you guys mind.

Based on your logic, New York, London, Paris etc could have been filled with outdated 19 century buildings.

Stop talking as if it is only old houses that are present in South West without new ones.

There are also brown roofs and old houses in South East, you guys should stop chestbeating as if South East is Dubai when there are so many pictures of slums and old houses in your region online.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by content208: 7:59am On Apr 13, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No, because your cities stopped growing and you lots can't renovate to save your lives. No maintenance culture. Most landlords in the east renovate every 10 years. And upgrade materials like zinc to aluminum. Why will you leave a zinc on for 60 years ? It will look so red and ugly. You have no shame .

The southwest is a mix of old and modern buildings. The buildings with brown roof are old buildings. And it is a sign that those cities have been around long before your fathers ever thought of building roofing sheet homes.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 8:02am On Apr 13, 2020
Mutemenot:

You mean this shocked

No he mean this

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Shormiey(m): 8:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:

Lagos is not part of Yoruba land, point of corrections

Lol.....go and read history bro....they are coming for you.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Kinematics:

I know PH is bigger than what you and that village onitsha boy can cover. People that have only lived in small villages like Onitsha.

Bragging with pH where her citizens are nearly beggars.

Oga slums full pH...stop arguing nonsense and tell that to people who no Sabi road.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Mrfeel: 8:07am On Apr 13, 2020
KingOdart:

Ibadan is not only bigger than Onitsha but is also more industrialized than Onitsha.

Ibadan industrialized with 80% of its people living in slums mud brown roof buildings , what's the need of having industries that don't reflect in the wellbeing of the masses ? 80% of people in Onitsha are self employed business people living in well built brand new buildings lacking nothing, that's an important part of development . having industries in slums doesn't make the slum a developed place does it?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No, because your cities stopped growing and you lots can't renovate to save your lives. No maintenance culture. Most landlords in the east renovate every 10 years. And upgrade materials like zinc to aluminum. Why will you leave a zinc on for 60 years ? It will look so red and ugly. You have no shame .

There are pictures of brown roofs in South East too.

Stop chest beating as if South East is Dubai

Have you even built your own personal house?

You will find good pictures of Ibadan online and you will find bad pictures of Onitsha online.

Stop chest beating when your people are all over South West Hawking Gala and pushing wheel Barrows, shameless man.

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2020
Dpharisee:

Same here, I took a Tiv guy to work on my building in the village because I didn't like the attitude to work of some of our home based fellas, by the time he finished he got other jobs and decided to settle down in the East.
Las Las he married an Igbo lady, he is so entrenched now in the south east and calls himself Igbo man and he is accepted as one. In short the guy is now more Igbo than me and participate in every activity including masquerade events.
I laugh when I hear people who have never visited Igboland claim that Igbos are not receptive. I do tell them that it's your talent that is important and how much you have in your pocket, Igbo man will first consider the man who can do the job for him than his own brother who is mediocre.
Gbam
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2020
KingOdart:

Awka and Nnewi are major cities Amawbia, Umuokpu, Nwafia Enugu Ukwu, Okpuno, Mbaukwu, Ebenebe, Amanzi these are different towns and LGs that made Awka capital, dumb brains like you will Google Onitsha and measure, Google will only show you Onitsha town not the Sub same with Awka

Awka city doesn't end in just Awka town

Below is Awka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Mrfeel: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2020
content208:

The southwest is a mix of old and modern buildings. The buildings with brown roof are old buildings. And it is a sign that those cities have been around long before your fathers ever thought of building roofing sheet homes.

Keeping old buildings without renovation for that long shows how people in Ibadan are poor , some houses are 60 yrs old in Ibadan with no renovation

We don't have those types of buildings here cause we always renovate our homes and even demolish old buildings and build new ones

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 8:16am On Apr 13, 2020
Mrfeel:

Ibadan industrialized with 80% of its people living in slums mud brown roof buildings , what's the need of having industries that don't reflect in the wellbeing of the masses ? 80% of people in Onitsha are self employed business people living in well built brand new buildings lacking nothing, that's an important part of development . having industries in slums doesn't make the slum a developed place does it?

So these 5 pictures of Onitsha prove the living conditions of all the people living in the city when there are so many bad pictures of Onitsha online.

80% people living in slums according to IPOB bureau of statistics grin pulling stats from your anus b

These are also good pictures of Ibadan, it prove 99 % of people in Ibadan are self employed and rich according to your logic.

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 8:20am On Apr 13, 2020
Mrfeel:

Keeping old buildings without renovation for that long shows how people in Ibadan are poor , some houses are 60 yrs old in Ibadan with no renovation

We don't have those types of buildings here cause we always renovate our homes and even demolish old buildings and build new ones

You don't have the types of buildings but these were pictures of South East with brown roofs grin

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Anambralstson: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2020
KingOdart:

There are pictures of brown roofs in South East too.

Stop chest beating as if South East is Dubai

Have you even built your own personal house?

You will find good pictures of Ibadan online and you will find bad pictures of Onitsha online.

Stop chest beating when your people are all over South West Hawking Gala and pushing wheel Barrows, shameless man.
Ibadan is only developed area in Oyo and largely covered by mega slums that's the point

Below is Awka

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.