Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

- - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / - (1463 Views)

Marrying Someone Who Got Pregnant For You / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / Marrying Someone I No Love - EPP ME, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Blixon: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
-
Re: - by Wayne4uall(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
Bro.. I know hw it feels but I won't advise u to marry out of ur parents wish..... U have to sit dem down and plead with dem.. Make dem see reasons why u want to marry your lover.. U can also talk to ur relatives about it so that they can help u to talk to your parents..

Make dem see reasons why u want to marry your lover, make dem know that stopping you is not the solution but to help your union with their prayers and their blessing..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Blixon: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Wayne4uall:
Bro.. I know hw it feels but I won't advise u to marry out of ur parents wish..... U have to sit dem down and plead with dem.. Make dem see reasons why u want to marry your lover.. U can also talk to ur relatives about it so that they can help u to talk to your parents..
They have no issues with my woman. The problem is their unrealistic expectations for the family she comes from.

1 Like

Re: - by THUNDER4real(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Do court, give her belle, present her to your parents.....They will accept her for the sake of their grandchild...

1 Like

Re: - by Blixon: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
THUNDER4real:
Do court, give her belle, present her to your parents.....They will accept her for the sake of their grandchild...
This was how my parents got married. Their own parents didnt support them. So they did this to seal the deal. I don't want to make the same mistake they made. I will marry my wife with or without their consent. I won't go against my faith to convince anyone.
Re: - by Wayne4uall(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:

They have no issues with my woman. The problem is their unrealistic expectations for the family she comes from.
I guess she is an igbo and u been a yoruba
Re: - by Blixon: 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Wayne4uall:

I guess she is an igbo and u been a yoruba
No, we are same tribe. check my previous topic for the reason.
Re: - by Wayne4uall(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:

No, we are same tribe. check my previous topic for the reason.
OK..
Re: - by BlackShit: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
The choice and decision is yours, your parents can only advice.

1 Like

Re: - by Romanoff(f): 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
@Op, you are an adult and you can do a court wedding without the consent of your parents.

But the customary wedding is the most important as even God recognizes that one. That's the one in which both parents come together and agree that their children can marry.

So you can first do a court wedding then do the customary wedding later or still wait it out and keep praying if she's also willing to wait.

I personally cannot marry anyone without parental consent.

Not that my mum's opinion is my final say, bit o respect her too much to marry without her consent.
Re: - by Chuknovski(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Parental blessing is Paramount, please don't disrespect them it may be grievous, remember they are your Gateway to the world, they are your guardian angels, Gods voice to you
Re: - by Blixon: 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Chuknovski:
Parental blessing is Paramount, please don't disrespect them it may be grievous, remember they are your Gateway to the world, they are your guardian angels, Gods voice to you
If my parents had listened to their own parents. I won't be here today.
Re: - by tidalstorm(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Your parents don't consent?
Leave that girl alone, make you no marry person pikin make am dey suffer.
People don't realize how a person's family is important in an African marriage.
Them fit jazz that innocent girl or poison your mind against her to get their way.

1 Like

Re: - by Chuknovski(m): 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:

If my parents had listened to their own parents. I won't be here today.

You still don't get it, am not generalizing issues but marriage is a sensitive affair, I have seen those who chose the truancy path and regretted it, I wish you well, hear from God first
Re: - by Kimbrielle(f): 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:
So here is my situation, my parents are adamant but her parents accept me (The reason is in my previous post), I'm tired of waiting on my parents to change their mind, so I want to go ahead and marry her without them.

Has anyone here successfully gotten married without their parents consent? How did you go about it? Especially the trad part Please share your experiences. Mature answers only.
@bold,people get married without the consent of their parents.Their consent or not will not determine whether or not your marriage will be successful.
You can head to a registry and get married without their consent.If you want to get married traditionally I am not sure that will be possible wothout your parents or close relatives.
But if you want to marry her you can still marry at a registry without them.
I wonder why parents try to force their opinions on grown up kids.They should learn to respect and accept their children's decisions

3 Likes

Re: - by Kimbrielle(f): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Chuknovski:
Says who?
Let us stop deceiving ourselves jare I have seen marriages that everybody has blessed yet the marriage failed.
Marriage wey go work go work.As long as the two primary parties of that marriage are in understanding the marriage will work.
The success of their marriage does not lie on parental blessings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by druxlazu: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
@Poster.

Most of the guys advising you to marry without your parents consents are infidels. If they are not infidels, they are barbarians because if you look at the situation, they are simply advising based on what their slave Masters taught them which means they lack the mental abilities to think and discover things for themselves.

If you are Yoruba and your wife to be is Yoruba and also who your parents are suggesting is also Yoruba, you are greatly blessed. All Yoruba women are products of nobility, piousness, religiousness and splendidness.

In the case of marriage, whoever your parents suggest to you to marry is even greater because that choice is also the choice of Almighty. Don't go against it, if you do it your way, God may allow it to happen but it wouldn't be greatly reverred and honored had it been with the choice of your parents.

If you are not Yoruba, I don't know about your people but the advise still remain. I will reiterate my stands that majority of those asking you to marry against your parents are infidels and products of bastardization with clinical psychosis leading to deranged dose of delusion on what life is.

1 Like

Re: - by BlackShit: 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kimbrielle:

Says who?
Let us stop deceiving ourselves jare I have seen marriages that everybody has blessed yet the marriage failed.
Marriage wey go work go work.As long as the two primary parties of that marriage are in understanding the marriage will work.

One of the problems with us in Africa is we're too superstitious. People think there's a spiritual power in parental consent, and without it the marriage will not succeed.

Your parents role is to suggest, advise and help you to succeed.

He's the one that will live with the partner and the consequences, not the parents. Thats what makes him an adult.

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:
So here is my situation, my parents are adamant but her parents accept me (The reason is in my previous post), I'm tired of waiting on my parents to change their mind, so I want to go ahead and marry her without them.

Has anyone here successfully gotten married without their parents consent? How did you go about it? Especially the trad part. Please share your experiences. Mature answers only.
it wud be foolish of you to go ahead with the marriage without yur parents approval don't render yur self unfortunate dere are lots of women out there.
Re: - by NaijadrivaCars: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
Waiting for kids to derail this thread.
Re: - by Kimbrielle(f): 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2020
Well said cool
BlackShit:

One of the problems with us in Africa is we're too superstitious. People think there's a spiritual power in parental consent, and without it the marriage will not succeed.

Your parents role is to suggest, advise and help you to succeed.

He's the one that will live with the partner and the consequences, not the parents. Thats what makes him an adult.

1 Like

Re: - by akaahs(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:

Bro, U can always get another wife but U can never get another parents.
If you most marry her, I need to plead with ur parents to see reason with you, if it means people per second per second to talk to them, U need to do it.
Re: - by Homextras: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please do yourself a favor and share the name of this congregation, other forum members that have interacted with them can either confirm or deny these practices. This will also help you make a balanced decision.

Let them know you are going ahead, but be solid sure your wife loves you cos her eye go see pepper small o...involve respected relatives and get them to make your parents see reason....

Life is short...enjoy it with the one you love.
Re: - by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
@OP,

all these people advising you to go against ur parents consent won't be there when the whole trouble starts..is it because u think you can take care of urself u now feel you can disrespect ur parents?? that's very bad of u..

yes ur parents did it, probably they've seen their mistake and dey Don't want u to make such mistake as they did.. no parent will give their child a bad advice.. take their advice and it'll be well with you..

I tire for some girls sef.. u see what you're doing is about dividing a family because of ur greed, it's really bad of some of u guys..
why can't you have patience once until that family that will love u comes.. remember a single person can not marry a girl but the whole family..

is it not that same family you're about destroying, you'll still come in when he married you?? some girls sef dey reason badly
Re: - by Kobicove(m): 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blixon:

Has anyone here successfully gotten married without their parents consent? How did you go about it? Especially the trad part. Please share your experiences. Mature answers only.

Why would you want to marry a person without the consent and support of your parents?

This place is not Europe, it's Africa and here marriages are essentially between families.

An important question to ask is why your parents are against your choice of marriage partner?
Re: - by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Don't ever think of doing it
They are your parents they can't see what is bad and push you to it, they've seen the future
When problem come you will be left alone to face it they have their reasons for telling you not to marry her Obedience is better than sacrifice angry
Re: - by Chuknovski(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Kimbrielle:

Says who?

I don talk my own, its not a law or edict its my own synopsis of marriage, don't take it negatively, I wish you well go ahead
Re: - by Chuknovski(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Kimbrielle:

Says who?

just imagine your own Son going ahead to marry the girl you wish he won't? ask your self, or any sane mother anywhere
Re: - by Kimbrielle(f): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
Chuknovski:

just imagine your own Son going ahead to marry the girl you wish he won't? ask your self, or any sane mother anywhere
Believe me when I tell you that I will not disturb myself over the kind of spouses my children want to marry.Whoever they bring I will just support I won't have a say in their personal lives as long as they are adults smiley That one will be the least of my problems.I am not the one that will be living with them.I expect that i train my children with an independent mindset to make decisions on their own and live with them whether there are consequences or not.That is what makes them an adult

2 Likes

Re: - by druxlazu: 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
Kimbrielle:

Believe me when I tell you that I will not disturb myself over the kind of spouses my children want to marry.Whoever they bring I will just support I won't have a say in their personal lives as long as they are adults smiley That one will be the least of my problems.I am not the one that will be living with them.I expect that i train my children with an independent mindset to make decisions on their own and live with them whether there are consequences or not.That is what makes them an adult

I bet you are a mongrel or product of bastardization, don't take it negatively.

This is where you will find difference between pure humans and mixed humans.
Re: - by tpiar: 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Do you mean marry as in marry, or the nairaland definition of "marriage" which means spying on people remotely in their houses?
Re: - by Kimbrielle(f): 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
druxlazu:

I bet you are a mongrel or product of bastardization, don't take it negatively.

This is where you will find difference between pure humans and mixed humans.
I never asked you to tell me your life problems undecided undecided
So why are you telling me that you are a mongrel.and bastard I didn't ask you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stupid Girls Everwhere / Why Do Ladies Wear Anklets? / Bbnaija:laycon Will Win Not Because He Is Broke But a god In Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.