Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? (37826 Views)

Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yes there's nothing wrong for a woman to return back the dowery paid on her. But first,since she and her family members are no longer interested in the said marriage,they should go and dissolve it customarily.
.. Inrespect of the kid,both have a 100% right over the child. The agreement must be made in such a way that the man will have a visitation right.
...The man will also have a right to have his kid come for holidays and vacations.
But all these should be done by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
In my place, a woman can return bride price and if the man refuses out of wickedness there are extreme methods to return it.
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Missmossy(f): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
Just here to read comments smiley
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Abfinest007(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
no bcuz she is not the person that collected d brideprice
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Bitcoinomy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
humble2:
Hello people

Please help with your inputs....I will be very brief.

A man married a woman.. the marriage produced a kid. Along the line they had an unreconcilable issue...I called it unreconcilable because the man had begged the woman, called elders and everyone in sight to help beg but the woman is unforgiving. Now after some years of the woman staying out of their matrimonial home. (Cos she moved out with the children) she called the man and told him she wants to move on and remarry and that the man should tell her how to return the dowry paid on her. She is also making the man sign an undertaking that he can always come to see the children whenever he wants. Though the agreement didn't state that the children can always visit their father whenever they want.

Now my question,, should the man accept the dowry or he should reject it but let her move on?

Secondly, the agreement stating that he can only visit the children at her maybe new home. Is it proper? Cos as it is the children cant go to their fathers. Please ur opinions are welcomed.. DNT mind my typography.

this matter needs Solomons Wisdom
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by BigJoe19: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bride price is just like buying women like domestic animals, I like the tradition. grin grin

Too bad, I ain't interested in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by pocohantas(f): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
lonelydora:
I still don't understand why many of these indomie generation kids are leaving their marriages.

On Easter Sunday, a woman with 2 kids ran away from her home abandoning her kids with the husband. Why? We are yet to know.

Why can't girls of nowadays stay and make their marriage work?

You people should make it work yourselves. After all, marriage is a disadvantage to you men. Enjoy yourselves alone na. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Kingofpalmgroov: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
If she's planning to refund the bride price now, you better collect it and use the money to stock food items during this lockdown period

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by StarUp: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
She wants to go and fvck that's why...don't collect it back tell her to use it as down payment for the next nigga's dowry.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by LivingSage: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
angry
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
It's normal in my place
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
The woman seems to be making the rules for the man. Is the man a weak man? He should go to court and file for divorce. The court will set all conditions right for both parties as well as who take custody of the child or children as well as visitation.
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Bola146(f): 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
grin
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by francisisking: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
in Nigeria, women don't own custody of any children except maybe you are saying that they stay in Europe or America... how can you divorce and still keep the children with you? I don't believe this story.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
lonelydora:
I still don't understand why many of these indomie generation kids are leaving their marriages.

On Easter Sunday, a woman with 2 kids ran away from her home abandoning her kids with the husband. Why? We are yet to know.

women of old endured toxic marriages because it was a taboo leaving your matrimonial home.

14 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by AmeLonRo(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
Its sad how marriages don't last or how couples just endure instead of enjoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQeVUU6x63M

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by loschivatos(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
My tradition, na you go take your hand drop my child for my doorstep. Except that child is not mine.

Collect the pride price, let her go her way.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
I'm not an advocate for divorce. So I won't say anything.
I'll just read comments. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
gd
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by kapelvej: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
How does the vaginal return to the original state
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Jcael(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
SSam01:
If the bride price is not returned and she remarries the children produced in the new marriage belongs to the previous husband.

This is why men must insist on paying #10,000,000 bride price as future investment so on the day the woman decides to return the bride price you can be sure of buying a new tear rubber car and clear some debts.

And this is why the woman's family should demand for only #20.00 as bride price so on the day your daughter runs away you will not carry gbese. Its not good to be greedy.

Young boys and girls and panel of judges hope i have been able to convince and confuse you with these few points of mine? grin

This wan weak me. grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by columbus007(m): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
We forbid such things in Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by worworbabe: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
She seems reasonable from your post.

For whatever reason she chose to leave the man, she has the right to. She is even returning the dowry. He should collect it.

About the visitation, both of them should decide on what is suitable to them both. Nothing wrong with the man going to see them at her place or them visiting him. It has to be a joint decision.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Emes101:
It depends on the type of marriage

Customary Marriage requires a divorce order from a customary court.

Statutory marriage requires an order from the court(high court) to dissolve the marriage.

To enable each of the parties seek their reliefs..
Let it be on record

What do you mean by customary marriage?
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by NaijadrivaCars: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
I haven't seen any mature comment yet.

Still reading comments...

I sight you, dominique on this one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Kimbrielle(f): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Marriage is not a do or die affair.

If he nor work leave
lonelydora:

8 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by tammie24: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Why should she return the bride price

Can he return her to the way she was when he first met and married her?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Kingofpalmgroov: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
icebird25:
All men was born equal and free ..if you decided to go and marry o..you are on your own...I won't make that mistake in this life..

Baby mama all the way ..no string attached, you free to leave your life the way you want.

To be sincere some men are animals, I know why I'm saying so ..
To my mom the woman that gave birth to me.i wish you all the best in life, may you find the man who will love you the way you are, may you never come across someone as heartless as my dad.
Even though I'm the one being affected now but I just have to bear the pain cos I'm a man
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Asadujames202(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Guys, make una answer me, please.

The ID number on the Nigerian voter's card.
Is it the last seven digits of the VIN number or the last five digits.

Thanks
Re: Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? by Mineisgrace(f): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Why should a woman return her bride price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Snatches Best Friend’s Husband, Elopes With Him (Photos) / Reaction As Nigerian Lady Amara Records Altercation With Mom Over Her Sexuality / New Year Post Wedding Pictures With My Beautiful Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.