Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

What Not To Do During The Lockdown - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Not To Do During The Lockdown (35931 Views)

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by Mryacks: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
mantosa:
The Covid-19 moment is bliss, torturous and resurrecting – all positive and negative times to many people. While a large population of the world has fallen ill and died due to the horrible lash of the Covid-19 virus, others are making use of this challenging moment to find peace, solace and purpose while stuck in their homes. Well, for some, it is a time to make terrible decisions which will be instrumental in how they spend the coming months once the pandemic comes to a halt (I hope we all make it out alive). We should all agree that we do not need to be found doing some things during this period.

Talking to Exes

Most people are bored and have never learnt nor mastered the art of loneliness before now. They would rather be with people who are carefree towards them. Some people have been stuck at home for weeks and are left with their phones, tablets and laptops – in this situation; they make bad decisions by keeping in touch with exes who hurt them in the past. By this, they are creating opportunities for the toxic people to come back into their lives.

Over-eating

Okay, let’s say you have not run out of supplies and you have not been shopping. In fact, you have all the types of food, snacks and drink in your refrigerator and you think eating is the only solution to boredom then you are setting up yourself for disaster by being obese and overweight after the pandemic. People should put their health and wellbeing in their hands except you are ready to shop for new clothes after the pandemic.

Excessive screen time

Phone, laptop, television and video games – all these are sources of distraction but are still far from what people need right now: Soul meditation and healing. It is very okay to watch movies and play games but this moment is for reflection and people should not toy with it. I’ll recommend more time for meditation than time for social media through addictive screen time.

Excessive intimacy

Not everybody can relate but couples stuck together at home should abstain from sex except they are ready to be parents. Not to be exaggerating, couples will tend to be more intimate in this period and things may go wrong if care is not taken especially when condoms and pills get exhausted.

Source: https://tushmagazine.com.ng/covid-19-what-not-to-do-during-the-lockdown/

Good points...
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by GloriaNinja(f): 12:23am On Apr 16, 2020
nkwuocha1:
sad

I'm just adding weight anyhow like pig. angry
Idleness keep making me eat non-stop.
Wifey not helping matters,na every food wey dey YouTube she dey use this period practice.

PLEASE SIR, I BEG YOU.. HUNGER HAS REALLY DELT WITH ME AND MY FAMILY, I WILL APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN RENDER TO ME.. EVEN IF IT'S 1K.. I WILL DEFINITELY APPRECIATE, GOD BLESS YOU. acct number is 0097851612, Access/Diamond bank
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by GloriaNinja(f): 12:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Seunmama:
if you need help, kindly write your names in full, your account number, State, your gender;

Without providing your credentials for identification, nothing for you

PLEASE HELP ME OUT IN THIS PERIOD.. HUNGER HAS REALLY DELT WITH ME THIS PERIOD, I WILL APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN RENDER TO ME.. EVEN IF IT'S 1K.
my account number is 0097851612, Access/Diamond bank, full name is - Nkiru Gloria Nwaziki, from Anambra state, I am a female
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by PropertyBuying(f): 12:29am On Apr 16, 2020
ignis:
In addition, don't expect palliatives, funds or any other assistance from the government.
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by cana882(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=themaestro08 post=88484289][/quote]okay
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2020
yusuff2019:

I thinks that's garri suicidal will better Biko.....���

TFU
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
queenbetsy:
have u ever fallen in love?? As in, true love?

Yup.
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by queenbetsy(f): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Yup.
Then, you should understand.
Especially when the person you're dating currently doesn't have time for you
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
queenbetsy:
Then, you should understand.

Especially when the person you're dating currently doesn't have time for you

I will break up with a person I'm dating who doesn't justifiably have time for me. It means he doesn't consider me a priority... it means he should be with someone else, while I do the same. But I wouldn't at that time, allow my erratic emotions drive me to an ex.
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by queenbetsy(f): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I will break up with a person I'm dating who doesn't justifiably have time for me. It means he doesn't consider me a priority... it means he should be with someone else, while I do the same. But I wouldn't at that time, allow my erratic emotions drive me to an ex.
He wasn't like that before. His job is super-demanding recently and its been going on for months now
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
queenbetsy:
He wasn't like that before. His job is super-demanding recently and its been going on for months now

Well, there are always intricacies and peculiar circumstances...
Just do what's in your best interest and don't allow yourself be taken for granted. kiss
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by queenbetsy(f): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Well, there are always intricacies and peculiar circumstances...
Just do what's in your best interest and don't allow yourself be taken for granted. kiss
Thanks hunnie

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
sirchrislatestn:
always b specify when begging so that we will understand u mention 1k or 2k what if i want to give 5k so pls how much do u want someone is ready to help

I did not see any alert
Re: What Not To Do During The Lockdown by meobizy(f): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
I overeat, over-sleep, exercise a lot, watch movies, series, sports and read books. I will come out of the lockdown a better man than I did going in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thunder Strikes Woman To Death In Ohafia, Abia - Facebook User / If My Girlfriend Died During Abortion What Would Happen To Me? / Woman's Goiter Of 10 Years Removed Via Surgery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.