Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63960 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2020
iLegendd:
To those who depend on salary or going out everyday to hustle, God will see you through.

To those who don't have a job, but want a job, God will also see you through.

But, for those of us who don't have a job and don't want a job, it's time for indoor parte after parte.

Your last paragraph is very ironical, Sir.
I got the gist, Sir. Trust me.
Help a brother ooooo.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Longman8: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Salary will sure be paid, but depending on the kind of Organizations u work. Majority of the private companies and firms may not pay their workers dis month emolument. It going to be some how depressing.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Chirowman(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2020
No salary unless advance salary which might not be easy in private company.this is the time to be a civil servant is enjoyable you can sit at home and receive your salary.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Kubernetes: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
somehow:

How can these plan B hustle work in a lockdown?

I mean after the lockdown.
You did say you lost your job na.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Triplerg: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2020
This is where the government has to come in and assist small scale enterprises with at least one month salary. But hey, this is Nigeria it's not gonna happen
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2020
4four:
My own company de pay full payment to their staff but half payment to contract workers
This just the first step. If lockdown continue after April what do you think will happen in May? Either they stop paying contract workers or paycut for full staffs as well. I guess ur employers have a very solid financial backup to be able to do that. Setting up a one man business in Nigeria is one of the hardest thing to achieve.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by gibzzhd: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Do you guys think privates schools would pay During this lock down
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Dbboy(m): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss

When you start paying close to 100 people salary then you can come back and say all this stuff you just said. Do you know what businesses has been going through since the coming of Buhari, Mr business is not a charity organization when some thing comes in that's when they can pay take USA for example in less than a month 10 million people filed for unemployment benefit and this are gigantic companies that just layed off staff and you are here talking about small Nigeria, so if this lock down extends to God forbid September you expect your boss to conjure money out of thin air to pay you, Mr wake up, we are heading for a big recession so brace your self it would hit hard, last quarter am sure it was a Negative growth, this quarter you guess is as good as mine which means officially even if the government want to hide it we are heading for a recession unless miraculously there is a cure for this pandemic and heading to this event don't expect any right thinking boss to be a father Christmas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fineguy11(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2020
Lastanza:

He said if the month of April is treated as leave for all staff. Implying that for the rest of the year, no staff will go on leave again.
It's a nice thought and for organisations that have their staff at heart, its a good suggestion.
This is what my Organization did.

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ONNYX: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss

Wow! Its amazing how you can profile personalities just by reading between the lines in every post made.

Hamid, the venom in your post is forgivable primarily because you have no idea of how a small business runs especially in this country.

Many small businesses are operating on the edge of the precipice. Indeed I know many bakeries that have shut down (hopefully this is temporary)
just because of the increase in the cost of essential raw materials. Some have also been threatened because they operate with a minimal gross profit margin which is predicated on a keen competition the are facing in their segment.

At the end of every month they can barely meet payments to suppliers and other contingent costs.

I will however assume that your post was anchored on your humanitarian leaning and not on experience as a business owner or as a dispassionate observer of the economy and our local business atmosphere.

Please understand that many companies are operating on hope and it will take a while before they break even and thus have a reservoir they can tap into. These are definitely not easy times for the business owner.

Many suggestions have been advanced above and some of them are quite sterling. The solution i would like to proffer is that when work resumes workers should work a bit smarter and harder to ensure that things get back to normal as soon as possible.

One of the options available is that there will be no bonuses and 13th month this year. Companies should collapse those monies into April salary and start paying it off weekly.

Where there is a will there is a way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nitah1: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2020
fimi:
Help me ask pls
Forget,not all organization... My organisation paid us last month on the 24th and hopefully..this month we are expecting earlier than that.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by kherlly(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Some have not paid the previous months and you think they will pay for the month work was not done at all hmmmm not sure it can happen in naija except those bosses who have a good heart and also think bout the welfare of their staffs
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by dantajay: 9:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Private sectors or business that is registered with the government of the land, which also pay their taxes are going to pay, because theiris a provision for them in the 50billion intervention fund allocated by the CBN I had the the speaker of the house of rep discussing that on the planary the other day.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Kinikini: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Your vituperations speak more to your character than to the person you responded to. The guy said you should reason together. Was that too much? Anyway, supposing the guy runs a business that was already distressed and over burdened with multiple taxations as is currently the case with most SME? Do you expect the company to pay salary for work not done. Even abroad with strong SME, the workers are not going to be paid and the more reason they filed for unemployment benefit with the government. Everyone whose salary is impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic could approach the government for a bail out rather than expect a business owner already being strangulated by the government with multiple taxes and lack of supporting infrastructure to bail them out. Finally, what happens to savings made by employees from prior salaries? No one expect this and we should just look for a common ground depending on the employees and the organization's ability. There should be no entitlement mentality on this matter.
quote author=hamid6249 post=88456278]What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by thaEMINENT(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2020
What if the employees work from home??

Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by tegafej(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2020
MrHighSea:

Dude, why rain so much foul words on him?
Doesn't make you a better person. Easy bro.

If d company is bankrupt, what do you think will happen to worker's families? They will live.

But why is ur mind so much on money u didn't work for? We r talking of company, not government. They r affected too by government's decisions. Even 9ja stinks of recession.

If u own an average company (maybe medium scale), which of those ur interventions will u implement?

Ain't an easy pill to swallow.

I tire for the guy
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by OdenKelechi(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Well, I'm expecting mine and in full. I'm working from home plus we run shifts at the head office and my employers haven't said anything about not paying or not paying in full.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Slimranky(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Wahala dey

Most private sectors won't pay because they only pay when you work,even if you want to go seek for another job or plan b,one way or the other the lockdown would still affect your plans,nothing better than been independent shocked

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2020
Starz825:

Some private schools anyway...
If u work in a private school that normally pay salary when there is holiday..then u sure gonna receive April salary... because this 4 weeks lockdown break will definitely count as 2nd term holiday...but where issue go dey na when Dem still extend the lockdown to May..a new term...he/she no go wan pay oo

But school fees from students would be paid in full.
School is kinda different to me. Except some wicked directors that would use the covid saga as an alibi for their mischiefs.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by nwakibe: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2020
If you have conscience, you are even suppose to return a salary paid to you for a job you did not do. It's in the Bible.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ONNYX: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2020
Thank you so much for this post.

Nigerians are really unreasonable.

May our ignorance not eventually be our bane.

Kinikini:
Your vituperations speak more to your character than to the person you responded to. The guy said you should reason together. Was that too much? Anyway, supposing the guy runs a business that was already distressed and over burdened with multiple taxations as is currently the case with most SME? Do you expect the company to pay salary for work not done. Even abroad with strong SME, the workers are not going to be paid and the more reason they filed for unemployment benefit with the government. Everyone whose salary is impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic could approach the government for a bail out rather than expect a business owner already being strangulated by the government with multiple taxes and lack of supporting infrastructure to bail them out. Finally, what happens to savings made by employees from prior salaries? No one expect this and we should just look for a common ground depending on the employees and the organization's ability. There should be no entitlement mentality on this matter.
quote author=hamid6249 post=88456278]What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by stagger: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2020
If a company like Tesla can cut salaries by as much as 30% and airlines can put their staff on unpaid leave, you should know the answer to this question.

4 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by GeneralPula: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Some companies or business go fold before freedom go rain..

Even CEOs are into loss presently.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by enemyofprogress: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2020
gibzzhd:
Do you guys think privates schools would pay During this lock down
for where? They are not paying you o,na who you teach?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Milkyn: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Only Government workers will be paid but we working in the private sector depend on our side hustle during this lockdown period.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Starz825(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2020
Josephamstrong1:

But school fees from students would be paid in full.
School is kinda different to me. Except some wicked directors that would use the covid saga as an alibi for their mischief.
You are right..
Imagine one sch director for ma area... immediately the lockdown started around that 20th March...he called all his staffs and paid them half salary...u can imagine 20th oo..
Na that kind director wan pay salary for April
...omo this country tire me

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by enemyofprogress: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2020
nwakibe:
If you have conscience, you are even suppose to return a salary paid to you for a job you did not do. It's in the Bible.
am I the causer of coronavirus? I won't return anything o. My pastor is even waiting for me to bring my tithes and offerings
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2020
SaintLucia:
U don't honestly. Just open BBC Sports link, one of the biggest issues there is players wages. Most clubs have told their non playing staffs to go on a temporary leave without payment, some clubs have agreed to take the government intervention loan/deferral. Some clubs are talking to their players to agreed on a pay cut, Real Madrid players agreed on 20% cut. Players in Serial A refused to take pay cut. Some clubs players even waive their salaries during this corona an example is the German league. Now many clubs cannot be able to pay salaries of their players it the corona continue the main reason why some clubs are anticipating for resumption to training or close door matches.
Lol. The club have to pay the players wages. The players get to accept or reject a paycut.
Even if the clubs can't pay now, they will owe the players.
The case in the op is if the companies should pay the workers their salary.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Youngzedd(m): 9:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Haymaykar:
Fellow Nairalanders so I have been wondering if salaries are going to be paid during these Lockdown.. Because some these firms depend on the money they make from their customers in which they use In paying their workers salary..

So share your option of you think salaries are going to be paid..

Federal, state and local government are kinda broke right now.

Don't forget that the federal government budgeted N2.45 trillion to service debt in 2020. Government will pay in arrears, only God knows when they will pay as per Naija level coupled with low oil sale.

As for private companies, if you see alert you thank God. I plead with bosses to try and send something to their employees no matter how little, at all, at all, na im bad pass.

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Focusmind: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2020
I doubt if companies would pay. I haven't submitted my invoice to my client as they haven't received in flows from their own customers.

That's emotional consideration from my own part. I also follow up on them to advise them on how to navigate through this crisis and follow through with their receivables.

Their success is also my success. Though I need my pay but I am also mindful of the fact that they are facing challenges.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.