Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63959 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by INEEDAJOBASAP: 8:18am On Apr 15, 2020
iLegendd:
To those who depend on salary or going out everyday to hustle, God will see you through.

To those who don't have a job, but want a job, God will also see you through.

But, for those of us who don't have a job and don't want a job, it's time for indoor parte after parte.

Amen
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fimi: 8:19am On Apr 15, 2020
MarianaTrench:

It has noting to do with whether you have a good boss or not...

It all depends on economic realities.

Do you expect an employer to take money from his personal savings to pay salaries of his staff who have not being productive just because he wants to be regarded as a good boss?
Help me ask pls
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Onnasucs1(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2020
ugwum007:

If you can write 3000 lines of code, I will happily share it.
programming code? I only know about HTML
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by TokeableGod(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2020
What about security personel hope they are going get there salary as long as they go to work everyday right??

quote author=fireback post=88447138]there's very slim chance of getting salary after the Lockdown, cos both the company and the workers all went for a Lockdown and the company did not make any sales during the period of lockdown. after the lockdown companies will need money continue their business. should they now share the money meant for running business to their workers... my advice is that each company should try give their workers advance salary which will be deducted gradually in the next coming months.[/quote]
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by HungerisBad: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2020
If no Salary is paid, then many people will face serious hunger.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ayandee: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.
it dépends. If the company has made lots of profits in the past and paying this month's salary wouldnt hurt the business, the company should pay.

5 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by henryobinna(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Squillaci:

So how come football clubs are still paying their staff, and players?
there's is a contract particularly the players.

Don't you know that when a player is on injury even if it's through out their career, they'll still be paid their wage.

So, that's a poot comparison

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by harjay1986: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Haymaykar:
Fellow Nairalanders so I have been wondering if salaries are going to be paid during these Lockdown.. Because some these firms depend on the money they make from their customers in which they use In paying their workers salary..

So share your option of you think salaries are going to be paid..

not all privete owned company will pay but am sure of where I work even during the last recession the company still do salary review, so it sure die for the payment even if the lock down continue
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by gbagyiza: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:

Some companies will pay. There r some companies that make a lot of profit when production is in progress n they save for days like this. So, some will pay because it's not the fault of the workers but circumstances caused it.

5 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by cbngov01(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:

My wife is into Salon biz. she paid hee 2staff in March despite the lock down in Lagos which was since mid march. Ive also told her to pay dem in April as well despite not working. There are some sacrifices to bear for continuity.

How do the staff feed if they are not paid? Some companies will contribute to COVID fund and then go and lay off staff.

God will see us through...

14 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by bluefilm: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2020
alexsoftwork:
Is only govt worker that i feel will be lucky in this lockdown period. But u see private organizations, if u have good boss he/she can reason u.

Only the contrary, I pity private organization workers because this lockdown means no income flow in for their organizations.

So this is not a matter of having a good boss or not.

In fact, your good boss expects you to understand that he will not be able to pay you as normal so you should be considering some pay cut.

For government workers, the government might use delay tactics to navigate a way out of not paying salaries as at when due...

4 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by afilaka(f): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020
If u currently work in an organization that would not be able to pay your salary this month, please once the lock down is over and u resume work, kindly start looking out for job in a better organization. In a well structured company, this form of risk is well prepared for, though there is definitely a limit but not less than 3 month.

U see al those coy that donated to covid-19,their staffs are secured.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Kingbarbie01(f): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020
ataya o
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020
henryobinna:
there's is a contract particularly the players.

Don't you know that when a player is on injury even if it's through out their career, they'll still be paid their wage.

So, that's a poot comparison
So where in your employment letter is it stated that you won't be paid any salary in the event of a lockdown?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by 4four(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020
My own company de pay full payment to their staff but half payment to contract workers
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by MoIbrahim: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2020
Before nko?

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by psalms37(f): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2020
It depends on the firm ops.

Right from the beginning of this lockdown, my workplace got us mifis and PCs so we work from home EVERY DAY even weekends.We do zoom video meetings, share screens and use other remote work apps so trust me, we're getting paid.

7 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Addme: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Depends on where you work though. My March salary is still hanging now not to talk of April.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Government workers will be paid (some states may experience delay or reductions though)
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Austineva(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Chiemeka1:
Lockdown or no lockdown some people will smile to the bank on 21 of this month.
are u a military person?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2020
SaintLucia:
Public sectors and banks yes, others I can't say.
If lockdown dont stop this month, even banks will start thinking of paycut or layoff of contract staff. Only government workers are safe as payment may be owed but will eventually be paid as arrears come what may.

3 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by IamHonourable1: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Ask your employer.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ugwum007(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2020
Onnasucs1:
programming code? I only know about HTML

Is alright
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Emmyloyalty: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2020
ugwum007:

If you can write 3000 lines of code, I will happily share it.

I can. Share with me, please.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Luckydubby7(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get good for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
. Your president that lockdown you down for 4 weeks what plan does he have for you?
The blame should go to Nigeria government.
As for our company I knew for sure no shi shi for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by henryobinna(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2020
Squillaci:

So where in your employment letter is it stated that you won't be paid any salary in the event of a lockdown?
grin cheesy grin

bro
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Kubernetes: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2020
djphish:
The company I work in has already sent us termination of employment letter(mail). They said it's due to the virus. I don't even know what to do. The huge unemployment waiting to hit us after this virus carry belle. God help us.
That's y it's always good if you have a plan B or backup.
Imagine if you have a biz by the side like a POS shop,a cab,an okada,a saloon, small poultry etc.They will definitely be a fall back before u get another reasonable job.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by iLegendd(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2020
toprealman:
Your own community service go reach 7 yrs.

I don't think that is possible. I have already started partying and dancing this morning. Nothing to worry about.

If you want to party with me indoor, come over. I have turned my house to a private club.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by philip0906(m): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2020
djphish:
The company I work in has already sent us termination of employment letter(mail). They said it's due to the virus. I don't even know what to do. The huge unemployment waiting to hit us after this virus carry belle. God help us.
Sad!

I can imagine how tough it is for you, you'll be fine
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by SaintLucia: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Beedude:

If lockdown dont stop this month, even banks will start thinking of paycut or layoff of contract staff. Only government workers are safe as payment may be owed but will eventually be paid as arrears come what may.
Okay
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by LivingSage: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2020
Only Government workers will be paid fully and few standard private firms. Those firms may pay like half or just give bonus to their staffs. Meanwhile, most private workers will get nothing. Sad
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by RimiEmma(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Government workers are assured of thier salaries, but it might delay .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.