Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,195 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult (2984 Views)

Pastor Who Joined Sad-Looking Couple, Drew Wife Closer, Gives Husband Gap / Another Hot Dude Has Joined Nairaland(pics Attarched)(Mrbrain1) / My Mother Has Killed Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Spending this lockdown with my mum has made me realize she's getting suckered into the most insane bullshit possible.

All those fake Facebook stories, pastor Chris,voice message of Chinese doctors, 5g, name it all. She watches these insane theory bloggers spout off their stupid bullshit and she gets scared.

I'm worried because they way she believes these fake videos even after I have debunked them she will come back with another conspiracy theory to disturb my peace..

How do I rescue her from the WhatsApp Mothers Cult..
It's making her panic and now she says she no longer trust cnn or bbc
I even found out some of her friends are the ones updating her with all these conspiracy theories.
I have 50+ unread messages on WhatsApp from her fowarding all these bullshit..

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
I thought it's only you.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by falcon01: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
My mum ised to disturb me all those kinda text but I made her stop now she doesnt believe it atleast that's what I see.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Gwagone: 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Very easy
You can help her Block those sending her fake news if not biz
That solve it
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is why I love my mother, very intelligent. She will even be the one to tell me they are conspiracy theories. But for my dad, if its against Donald trump, he will believe it,if not he will say its conspiracy.
The only thing I removed from my mum's phone is opera mini, because she wastes her time reading fake stories and later tell me about the fake stories that she read, I get so bored that I uninstall the app from her phone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Bluezy13(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by tpiar: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
whatsapp is replacing tv.
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Gwagone:
Very easy
You can help her Block those sending her fake news if not biz
That solve it
Hmmm my mumsi will unblock them and continue, she is Stubborn Sha and her friends will even call her to discuss latest WhatsApp/Facebook conspiracy..
Women shaa they are just easily influenced
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Gwagone: 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

Hmmm my mumsi will unblock them and continue, she is Stubborn Sha and her friends will even call her to discuss latest WhatsApp/Facebook conspiracy..
I must say that it is in your hands sha
Stop her from digesting such fake news
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
falcon01:
My mum ised to disturb me all those kinda text but I made her stop now she doesnt believe it atleast that's what I see.
How did you do it??
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
Sleeklord:
I thought it's only you.
Na so we see am
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by falcon01: 6:24am On Apr 15, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

How did you do it??
reverse Image search of All the pictures sent, debunkimg the story's immidiately she reciwvef them, tild her nothing in whatsapp is real any idiot can type and forward.
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 10:36am On Apr 15, 2020
falcon01:
reverse Image search of All the pictures sent, debunkimg the story's immidiately she reciwvef them, tild her nothing in whatsapp is real any idiot can type and forward.
hmmm
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Catchfirez: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2020
Same like my mom. She believe everything on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:
Same like my mom. She believe everything on WhatsApp and Facebook.
Mine started boiling garlic with lemon and some stuffs like that. She said it prevents corona..She got the recipe from WhatsApp
God help us oo

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by marlow1962(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Force her watch comedy shows or movies.
When she dn laf like 2times,she no go get time to
dy believee dos rubbish
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

thats how one man(a pastor) was telling my parents how buhari brought chinese doctors with the virus and sent them to be quaratined in the south (rives state) but gov. wike stopped and arrested them. He then questioned why buhari didnt keep them in the north. Aaaah i did a quick mental investigation and i discovered that he was mixing two cases together. The incident were pilots working with caverton where arrested for disobeying lockdown order and when chinese doctors landed in nigeria to help and advice nigeria doctors on corona virus who were mandatoraly quarantined for 14days. I was shocked, The stories were not even related. The man was saying it with boldness and was even raising his voice. Am sure he got that stuff from social media.

My parents didnt believe him. There are more enlightened than that.
fake news and propaganda is real. Whether it favours us or not its not good to spread or tolerate them.
From curing ebola by bathing and drinking salt solution during the outbreak to soldiers injecting people with monkeypox virus in the south eastern part of nigeria, to 5G causing corona virus.
anytime people forward these type of things to me via social media i personaly query them not to send me rubbish, then educate them on that particular matter and why they should stop forwarding what they know nothing about.

mynd44 front page pls.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by Catchfirez: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

Mine started boiling garlic with lemon and some stuffs like that. She said it prevents corona..She got the recipe from WhatsApp
God help us oo

Lol
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
marlow1962:
Force her watch comedy shows or movies.
When she dn laf like 2times,she no go get time to
dy believee dos rubbish
Mumsi wey be Facebook Lord
Person wey dey binge watch comoedy skits way before this lockdown..
Which comedy I go show her wey she never watch?
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by fykes(m): 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
My only joy is that my mom doesn't know how to subscribe .
Bcoz whenever she gets on whatsapp... Na me dey hear am.
Oh... Shes got a 4g phone now.. Even she dey complain say her data no dey last
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by marlow1962(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

Mumsi wey be Facebook Lord
Person wey dey binge watch comoedy skits way before this lockdown..
Which comedy I go show her wey she never watch?
Lol,that means nothing can be done for now
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by frozen70(f): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Spending this lockdown with my mum has made me realize she's getting suckered into the most insane bullshit possible.

All those fake Facebook stories, pastor Chris,voice message of Chinese doctors, 5g, name it all. She watches these insane theory bloggers spout off their stupid bullshit and she gets scared.

I'm worried because they way she believes these fake videos even after I have debunked them she will come back with another conspiracy theory to disturb my peace..

I even found out some of her friends are the ones updating her with all these conspiracy theories.

Go to the group and exit her without her knowledge
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by vikithor(m): 8:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Get a driving skill,learn driving both manual and automatic vehicle, add value to yourself,family and society.
See our contacts for details
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by SultanOfAbia: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2020
vikithor:
Get a driving skill,learn driving both manual and automatic vehicle, add value to yourself,family and society.
See our contacts for details
Commot for here
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by falcon01: 5:53am On Apr 19, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
hmmm
I had no idea the gravity of errors contained in what I Typed, just saw it now cheesy
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by sacajawea: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
SultanOfAbia:

If your mother being able to read and write Cannot discern that those messages are broadcast messages, then she is an Idiot unfortunately.
But do not despair, most Nigerian mothers are Very Stupid too, #welcometotheclub
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by paulolee(m): 9:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
bro same here...mine is 5g n covid conspiracy theories..i don tire for d woman
Re: My Mother Has Joined Whatsapp Cult by callmeRichie(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
My dad even went as far as giving my number to his colleagues in his place of work to be sending me sermons' videos and voice notes cry Comman see big big big video sizes, chaii my data suffer cry

(1) (Reply)

Guys Won't Kill Me With Laughter O / “someone Should Marry Me It’s Urgent, I’ll Explain During Honeymoon” – Lady Begs / Names Of Girls That Likes Their Womb Shifted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.