Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Tinder Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Tinder Experience (4399 Views)

My Weird Tinder Experience In ABJ / Tinder Prostitution: A Tax Free Billion Dollar Industry In Nigeria. / 30k For Sex. These Hoes On Tinder Dey Madddddd! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tinder Experience by Ciroma2020: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Long post alert.
Tinder as we all know is a dating app where you get to meet people and probably go on a date with them if things work out between you two. Tinder was primarily built for linking people (singles who are ready to date not for friendship sake, it might not work out though) together. Tinder in Europe and America is quite different from what we have here.
I encountered so many people on the app and I must say our girls lack conversational skills. Kindly note that this write up isnt targeted at insulting our girls but it is aimed at eliminating entitlement mentality, poor conversation, and opening our girls' eyes to the proper way of doing things. I'd like to categorise the kind of girls I met into the following categories:
1. The Sapiosexuals: It's quite ironical that Nigerian girls on Tinder would claim to be sapiosexual but when you finally get talking you would get to realise that they are as dry as desert. This Sapiosexuals are so annoying that they are the ones that reply with one word (that pisses me off). It just makes me feel like you are lazy or you cant express yourself in English. Some might say vibe is the problem but I think this isnt the problem because matching in the first place is a mutual thing.
2. 'The Intelligent conversation only' type: These set of girls are quite similar to The Sapiosexuals, there is nothing intelligent in the way they reply. One thing I have come to observe is that these girls want you to be the life of the entire conversation, you text them and they reply you in an annoying way or with one word usually.
3. The advertisers and scammers: I feel it's wrong to advertise on that platform, you see sellers of different kinds of things, I swipe left once I see them. The scammers are time wasters too, I don't really have much to say about them, one very funny thing is that a profile which isnt more than a mile away from me will use an oyinbo girl's dp and also one university abroad, i smile and swipe left when i see this.
4. Hook-up only or matured minds only: Hookup has another meaning here in Naija. It means sex for money, girls in this category are business like and straightforward. Girls in this category put hookup or mature minds in their bio for prospective client. Though some of them don't realise that they need to put their number in that bio to save interested guys the stress of waiting to be matched by them. I havent really had many conversations with them so I can't really say much about their conversation style.
5. The 'boredom brought me here' type: This particular people are the most boring people, they have no conversational skills. They expect you to be the comedian, the curer of boredom, the alpha and omega, and so on. Avoid them if you can.
6. Just friendship or no relationship type: Tinder was built for dating, so if you arent interested in dating, you shouldnt be there in the first place, there are other apps that are for friends alone. Some girls are just time wasters. This category of people shouldnt be found on dating apps at all.
7. Funny guys alone: I swipe left whenever I come across this category of people, I don't know if they expect me to be cracking jokes with them.
Let me stop here, I am sure guys here have some other categories they have encountered. Feel free to share.
My advice: Cultivate good conversation skills, one word reply is annoying, you can do better than one word. Express yourself in sentences. Truth be told, it doesnt really make sense for someone to type sentences and you would now reply with a word. Remember, it takes two to tango, if you are not helping the conversation it would definitely kill the other person's vibe. Learn to express yourself better if you have this problem. Eliminate that notion in your mind that a guy is supposed to be the 'everything' of the conversation.
Finally, when you match don't wait for the guy to message you first, message him, it doesnt make you cheap.
P.S: These are not the only people I have met, i have met some interesting people that we still talk. I actually met one like that we spoke for hours on video call the same day we met. We had to stop the call when we realised we had spoken for about 4 hours and phone was starting to get hot.
Note this isnt a topic to fight on, it's an observation based on experience and what I have seen. Feel free to contribute and share your experience.

4 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by xcabczyxabczzzz: 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Why do you think we want to know about your experience on tinder?

3 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by Gwagone: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Reading this was a total waste of everything
I won't lie

4 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by Harllaby: 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
Categories of: I need a God fearing guy... I don't believe in sex...Holiest than thou.

3 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by ednut1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
Many of them are senseless and form too much.them go tey ehn. I deleted the app asap. Just imagine the mumu below am vs i'm. Kai

5 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by Uphand: 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nonsense girl what’s the meaning of that rubbish. Well see my signature below if you want to double your income stream and establish yourself in life.

1 Like

Re: My Tinder Experience by abumeinben(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
7 types of girls you find on tinder.

1 Like

Re: My Tinder Experience by xcabczyxabczzzz: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
ednut1:
Many of them are senseless and form too much.them go tey ehn. I deleted the app asap. Just imagine the mumu below am vs i'm. Kai
Play along don't take such bullshit to heart, I know you would want to believe you don't have time for all the fakeness and all that but that's some bullshit and just have to bullshit yourself through with to get what you want with them ladies.

Ain't pearching but you have you have to calm the fvck down. After you deleted your Tinder are people not still up there trying to use that girl head?

1 Like

Re: My Tinder Experience by Lightangel65: 1:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Ok,
Who has Nokia charger
Re: My Tinder Experience by F117nighthawk: 4:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Ciroma2020:
Long post alert.
Tinder as we all know is a dating app where you get to meet people and probably go on a date with them if things work out between you two. Tinder was primarily built for linking people (singles who are ready to date not for friendship sake, it might not work out though) together. Tinder in Europe and America is quite different from what we have here.
I encountered so many people on the app and I must say our girls lack conversational skills. Kindly note that this write up isnt targeted at insulting our girls but it is aimed at eliminating entitlement mentality, poor conversation, and opening our girls' eyes to the proper way of doing things. I'd like to categorise the kind of girls I met into the following categories:
1. The Sapiosexuals: It's quite ironical that Nigerian girls on Tinder would claim to be sapiosexual but when you finally get talking you would get to realise that they are as dry as desert. This Sapiosexuals are so annoying that they are the ones that reply with one word (that pisses me off). It just makes me feel like you are lazy or you cant express yourself in English. Some might say vibe is the problem but I think this isnt the problem because matching in the first place is a mutual thing.
2. 'The Intelligent conversation only' type: These set of girls are quite similar to The Sapiosexuals, there is nothing intelligent in the way they reply. One thing I have come to observe is that these girls want you to be the life of the entire conversation, you text them and they reply you in an annoying way or with one word usually.
3. The advertisers and scammers: I feel it's wrong to advertise on that platform, you see sellers of different kinds of things, I swipe left once I see them. The scammers are time wasters too, I don't really have much to say about them, one very funny thing is that a profile which isnt more than a mile away from me will use an oyinbo girl's dp and also one university abroad, i smile and swipe left when i see this.
4. Hook-up only or matured minds only: Hookup has another meaning here in Naija. It means sex for money, girls in this category are business like and straightforward. Girls in this category put hookup or mature minds in their bio for prospective client. Though some of them don't realise that they need to put their number in that bio to save interested guys the stress of waiting to be matched by them. I havent really had many conversations with them so I can't really say much about their conversation style.
5. The 'boredom brought me here' type: This particular people are the most boring people, they have no conversational skills. They expect you to be the comedian, the curer of boredom, the alpha and omega, and so on. Avoid them if you can.
6. Just friendship or no relationship type: Tinder was built for dating, so if you arent interested in dating, you shouldnt be there in the first place, there are other apps that are for friends alone. Some girls are just time wasters. This category of people shouldnt be found on dating apps at all.
7. Funny guys alone: I swipe left whenever I come across this category of people, I don't know if they expect me to be cracking jokes with them.
Let me stop here, I am sure guys here have some other categories they have encountered. Feel free to share.
My advice: Cultivate good conversation skills, one word reply is annoying, you can do better than one word. Express yourself in sentences. Truth be told, it doesnt really make sense for someone to type sentences and you would now reply with a word. Remember, it takes two to tango, if you are not helping the conversation it would definitely kill the other person's vibe. Learn to express yourself better if you have this problem. Eliminate that notion in your mind that a guy is supposed to be the 'everything' of the conversation.
Finally, when you match don't wait for the guy to message you first, message him, it doesnt make you cheap.
P.S: These are not the only people I have met, i have met some interesting people that we still talk. I actually met one like that we spoke for hours on video call the same day we met. We had to stop the call when we realised we had spoken for about 4 hours and phone was starting to get hot.
Note this isnt a topic to fight on, it's an observation based on experience and what I have seen. Feel free to contribute and share your experience.

Nice write up,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tinder Experience by philips3(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Is Tinder free App?
Re: My Tinder Experience by Dyonne: 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
A girl doesn't have to do a thing to attract attention from randy guys.
All she needs to do is maintain a pulse.

That's the reason you have all those types there. They know boys will always be there.

If attention were scarce, then most would develop themselves to be more desirable.

2 Likes

Re: My Tinder Experience by scify364(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
That one word reply simply means end of discussion.
If you can't communicate don't expect any outting it's not my life you will bore.

1 Like

Re: My Tinder Experience by FacelessStuart: 8:26am On Jul 21, 2021
I've never been lucky with tinder. Maybe online dating isn't my strong suit
Re: My Tinder Experience by JohnasI: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2021
My tinder experience wasn't that successful. Ultimately I decided to give up on this application and tried something else. But it was the same story. So, I figured out I needed something new. And it was CooMeet reviews. Live video chats represent your soul mate much better and one of them finally helped me to find a girlfriend.

(1) (Reply)

Just Realized My Gf Is In Control All The While / Meet The Female Pastor Who Claimed That Her Vagina Was Anointed To Heal Infertil / Why Girls Never Call You After A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.