Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death (44944 Views)

Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by blowjohn(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dirpetaner:
Imagine a big country like Nigeria can't vouch for just 3 solid good professors that can say they are doing research work on covid 19 cure. They will start failing students and provoking masters students, PhD and undergraduate. So, their mate abroad are working and they in Nigeria are on lockdown too like us waiting for scientists abroad. Spitttttssssss!

Continue spitting till u turn into a snake.
Shebi they told u that government is providing funds for research abi.
A man that is trying to survive in naija should go and use his money on a country that will shut him up when he comes out with a cure abi? Well done.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

brains? Lmao cheesy

it's not your fault that you don't have sense but it's your fault to type here whenever your mental provider is available

Olodo! So brains is wrong? Daft son!
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Davotosure: 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is getting scary, maybe they should just tell us the real truth behind this saga.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by andyanders: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Authoreety:
Looks like even malaria and cholera and typhoid and jamanjantis are all classified under covid 19...

FG Una wehdone oooo
Don't be surprised that here in Nigeria, malaria patients might be tagged as coronavirus victims.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Sufisunni: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
tbaba1234:

Death rate is much higher than that.

Global death rate is 6.2%. In Lagos, death rate is 3.2% at the moment

Even if asymptomatic are added, it does not drop down to 0.3%.

The death rate for CoronaVirus is at least 10 times larger than Flu and Malaria.
death rate varies alot. A research conducted in Germany in an area completely affected arrived at 0.37%. Quite understood that in Italy, the USA and the UK, the death rate is higher, but that's due to overwhelmness of their health facilities. Even WHO suggest 3.4% and Dr Anthony Fauci, put it at 1%.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/german-study-shows-coronavirus-mortality-rate-five-times-lower-than-widely-reported-numbers
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MYHUBBY: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

Olodo! So brains is wrong? Daft son!

no brains in plural form is quite right? who was your English teacher?

A dumbass calling someone Daft. your stupidity is on the high volume
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Sufisunni: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
tjfulloption:

Sorry to ask, are you medical practinoner? That you make you say this: 90% of people who contracted coronavirus do recover from it without any medication and its death rate is btw 0.37 to 1%.?
Are these assumptions common in Africa more especially in Nigeria?
If that's the case, the F.G should ease down the lockdown.
No at all. I just follow the corovid-19 trend
religiously.
https://abc14news.com/2020/04/09/german-study-shows-coronavirus-mortality-rate-of-0-37-five-times-lower-than-widely-reported-numbers/
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Obestconsults: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
You can make money by just viewing post on this site . Register and earn . It's superb.. fast withdrawal inclusive.......https://hmemoney.xyz/354235260747373/
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by senatepresido: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Not surprised

I know say if the number of confirmed case don dey increase
Definitely death go still increase

But at the beginning it seems this Corona viruse dey use gay lusacc's law and Charles law for us

Death was constant not increasing and not decreasing
But confirmed case and recovery case come dey increase and they were almost proportional

Damnnn. What am i even saying! Too much weed
Make i just dragg this last one.

You my nigga bro
Keep up with the spirit
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

no brains in plural form is quite right? who was your English teacher?

A dumbass calling someone Daft. your stupidity is on the high volume

See eh, I no get time for you abeg. I know say na boredom dey worry you but carry your wahala dey go abeg
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Life is now getting scary.

someone should just ask for my acct numba jeje o. before o go comit suicide with garri
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MYHUBBY: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

See eh, I no get time for you abeg. I know say na boredom dey worry you but carry your wahala dey go abeg

instead of you to thank me for depositing some senses in your dumb skull, you're feeling fly
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by zedman1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
travelland:

Yes we do. They are releasing names and identities abroad. I watch CNN & BBC on a daily basis
Ehn, ok, let's pray our case turns out differently from the ones we watch on CNN & BBC, else we wouldn't need the news to tell us the identitities of the victims you know?
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

instead of you to thank me for depositing some senses in your dumb skull, you're feeling fly

Truth is, you don't have sense. That's fact, established. Secondly, I don't like chatting with you cos you've got no brains! You no know book.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by tbaba1234: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sufisunni:
death rate varies alot. A research conducted in Germany in an area completely affected arrived at 0.37%. Quite understood that in Italy, the USA and the UK, the death is higher, but that's due to overwhelming of thier health facilities. Even WHO suggest 3.4% and Dr Anthony Fauci, put it at 1%.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/german-study-shows-coronavirus-mortality-rate-five-times-lower-than-widely-reported-numbers

Fair point.

Even at 1%, that is 10 times higher than the common flu.

That is the nature of the disease, it is so easy to get infected that many people will get infected and overwhelm hospitals.

Given the state of our health facilities and the population of Lagos and Kano, We will get overwhelmed if we don't get this under control
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
But the report claim no contact with an infected person so where or how did the community transmission take place? Someone is not giving out the true facts here

Sufisunni:
Through community transmission. It tells u the sheer scale of coron avirus carriers in Nigeria
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Toh... We all hope so too

onadana:

I just hope this people know exactly what they are doing?Any body wey die for Eko now na Corona kill am.Yeye dey smell.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Perhaps someone did not giving out the true and correct details

gypsey:
I wonder, they are not sure i suspect.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
I agree with you. Now this is where WHO should've set a standard metric to determine how a region or country would be declared as making progress in the containment or fight against the virus.

WHO should say for example, a country must be testing up to 10000 persons per day with Bleep number of cases reported, yyyy number of active cases, zzzzz number of discharged cases and abcd number of new cases daily.

May be they do have it in place but I don't know. You can't be testing less people and be aiming low active cases.

As for your neighbor, sad but he can declare force majeure now on the loan... He should read the fine lines in the terms and conditions of the loan maybe there's a clause in this regard but one would expect lenders now to understand not everyone would be in the position to pay off their loans timely.

Investnow2017:

You see why most people who have been following the global trend have been calling a rapid ramping up of our testing. This late man no travel history, meanwhile our system seems to be prioritizing those with travel history.

Someone said that the pandemic figures are going down. I completely disagree. The spread is a major factor. That Italy and Spain have attained their peak is no parameter for reaching such a hasty conclusion. Many countries, like Nigeria, have not reached their peak. My cursory pick are countries like:

Turkey
Belgium
Canada
Brazil
Russia
Portugal
India
Chile
Ireland
Peru
Romania
Mexico
Indonesia
UAE
Belarus
Qatar
Singapore
Uzbekistan
Bangladesh
Ghana
Cameroon
Serbia
Ukraine
Morocco

All these are yet to peak, and their peaking will be highly determined by the sustenance and effectiveness of the measures put in place to reverse the curve.

Increased and sustained testing will go a long way. Even for countries that have peaked, there will still be rolling spikes until a vaccine is found and released which will not happen until a year's time.

Now the BIG QUESTION is can the world, especially emerging economies like Nigeria afford to lockdown assuming the figures continue to rise for say the next 2 months?

I think we have the choice to look for a way to live around this virus. We cannot continue to lock down, it is not sustenable. In trying to fashion a solution to a problem we must put our peculiar context into consideration, and we know what our context is - close to 80% rely on meagre wages to put food on table for our usually large and extended families. Many operate within the spectrum of our informal economy.

For instance, a neighbour took a loan of some N3m to run a short biz on interest of 20% to be returned at the end of 30days. A day after he received the facility he immediately placed an order for the materials and a few hours later the lockdown was announced. Now money was not borrowed from the bank but from an informal set up, what hope is there to pay up on time when the goods have been stuck for three weeks now? And would lender be willing to grant some moratorium?

Now while others are testing for covid-19, this man is hourly testing his BP, and the lockdown has been extended, and the covid-19 new cases are increasing!
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Did you read the initial post? My comment drew inspiration from it

texazzpete:

You can’t be serious with this comment.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Possible... God safe us

tbaba1234:

It means they can not trace how he got infected.

The virus is on the streets now..
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by bigtt76(f): 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
Well so how did he get Infected? Or is it now a spiritual something? cheesy

Xisnin:

It can't be at the testing center.
Patients need at least 2 days to succumb to the virus and test positive for it.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MYHUBBY: 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

Truth is, you don't have sense. That's fact, established. Secondly, I don't like chatting with you cos you've got no brains! You no know book.

Lolz see person way know book? How can you be accusing someone of what you don't have

Chatting? Do you know the literary meaning of chat? Your brain need to be formatted to rebuild another one kid
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

Lolz see person way know book? How can you be accusing someone of what you don't have

Chatting? Do you know the literary meaning of chat? Your brain need to be formatted to rebuild another one kid

Olodo. Truth is you are dumb. There really nothing anyone can do for a dumbu. Sorry son.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Legendguru: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
really
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MYHUBBY: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

Olodo. Truth is you are dumb. There really nothing anyone can do for a dumbu. Sorry son.

Henceforth write in your native language kid, you're disgracing your lineage
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Xisnin(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Well so how did he get Infected? Or is it now a spiritual something? cheesy

He could have gotten it anywhere.
According to the government, over 9000 people have interacted with the first contacts.
Who knows how many of them are still missing and spreading the virus?
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

Henceforth write in your native language kid, you're disgracing your lineage

grin just go to hell boy. grin Just go!
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MYHUBBY: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

grin just go to hell boy. grin Just go!

The description to hell? No be today you dey visit you know?
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by 9jaRealist: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
RIP...
It is actually possible that he came into contact with an asymptomatic carrier (maybe even a traveler) without realizing it.

>
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
no travel record and no contact with anyone, how did he now contacted the virus or he just died a normal death and you people are relating it to coronavirus, there is something fishy in this Lagos record
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

The description to hell? No be today you dey visit you know?

Stop replying me you moda4ka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor / Buhari Signs White Paper That Bars Public Doctors From Owning Private Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.