Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death (44907 Views)

Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Isoduwa:

Ok na your opinion
It is a fact not just an opinion
Are you saying that after this lock down corona will disappear?
Or people will not go back to their usual way of life
Schools won't open or market won't open?
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Sufisunni: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Raysleek:

Based on assumption or research?

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by rhythyson: 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ozovehe65:
Please some one ask me for my account number cos feeding a problem for me now, thanks and God bless you

Ozovehe a koro ooo

Anebira o ma pi sa ooo

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by tjfulloption(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sufisunni:
Through community transmission. It tells u the sheer scale of coron avirus carriers in Nigeria

If definitely the 63 years old man died of corona virus without any history of travel or contact, then the person who gave it to him must have died of the virus now before him, think.... grin
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Isoduwa(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:

It is a fact not just an opinion
Are you saying that after this lock down corona will disappear?
Or people will not go back to their usual way of life
Schools won't open or market won't open?

Ok ooh I'm in my house � you can take over the street

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by tbaba1234: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
No travel history
No contact with anybody
How then did he contract it?

Community spreading.

No contact with "confirmed" case but there are unconfirmed covid positive cases on the streets passing the infection around.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Dirpetaner: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Imagine a big country like Nigeria can't vouch for just 3 solid good professors that can say they are doing research work on covid 19 cure. They will start failing students and provoking masters students, PhD and undergraduate. So, their mate abroad are working and they in Nigeria are on lockdown too like us waiting for scientists abroad. Spitttttssssss!

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Isoduwa:

Ok ooh I'm in my house � you can take over the street

And after 2 weeks you will come out and join me
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
shogsman:

Lalasticlala,mynd 44 do something about this guys please,theirs nuisance is becoming too much to bear
Boss calm down naaaaa
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Hezmatosky: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
Please someone should please support my family. I have to feed two children and my wife. The hunger is hard.

Please anyone.

Zzennnittth Bbbannnk
2 082019840
Ad Ba Ti

God bless...
This is why some prayers remain unanswered. Your bank name, wrong. Your own name too, wrong. You details is even annoying angry
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by kendrick9(m): 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
quote author=LASUITES post=88468677][s]ordinary malaria kill person,,,,them go say na corona virus

just to siphon more money

una fada!!!!!

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online[/s][/quote]
Another silly cunt

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Isoduwa(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:

And after 2 weeks you will come out and join me
No be me and you

Have your corona in peace ✌

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by EmperorGodswill: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Many may hv contracted d virus wit no sign yet pls stay safe d end of d virus is near.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Investnow2017: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Becoming scary... No travel history or (known) contact with a confirmed case.... so how was he infected? Unknowingly at the testing center or by other vectors? undecided

You see why most people who have been following the global trend have been calling a rapid ramping up of our testing. This late man no travel history, meanwhile our system seems to be prioritizing those with travel history.

Someone said that the pandemic figures are going down. I completely disagree. The spread is a major factor. That Italy and Spain have attained their peak is no parameter for reaching such a hasty conclusion. Many countries, like Nigeria, have not reached their peak. My cursory pick are countries like:

Turkey
Belgium
Canada
Brazil
Russia
Portugal
India
Chile
Ireland
Peru
Romania
Mexico
Indonesia
UAE
Belarus
Qatar
Singapore
Uzbekistan
Bangladesh
Ghana
Cameroon
Serbia
Ukraine
Morocco

All these are yet to peak, and their peaking will be highly determined by the sustenance and effectiveness of the measures put in place to reverse the curve.

Increased and sustained testing will go a long way. Even for countries that have peaked, there will still be rolling spikes until a vaccine is found and released which will not happen until a year's time.

Now the BIG QUESTION is can the world, especially emerging economies like Nigeria afford to lockdown assuming the figures continue to rise for say the next 2 months?

I think we have the choice to look for a way to live around this virus. We cannot continue to lock down, it is not sustenable. In trying to fashion a solution to a problem we must put our peculiar context into consideration, and we know what our context is - close to 80% rely on meagre wages to put food on table for our usually large and extended families. Many operate within the spectrum of our informal economy.

For instance, a neighbour took a loan of some N3m to run a short biz on interest of 20% to be returned at the end of 30days. A day after he received the facility he immediately placed an order for the materials and a few hours later the lockdown was announced. Now money was not borrowed from the bank but from an informal set up, what hope is there to pay up on time when the goods have been stuck for three weeks now? And would lender be willing to grant some moratorium?

Now while others are testing for covid-19, this man is hourly testing his BP, and the lockdown has been extended, and the covid-19 new cases are increasing!

2 Likes

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by travelland(f): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
magiki:
Hmmmm

But why is his identity withheld?

Good question. No news of which hospital he died. Just his age and death news, nothing else and they expect us to believe it. I won't until more details are given. Why hide the identity of a dead person?

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by CORE(m): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Becoming scary... No travel history or (known) contact with a confirmed case.... so how was he infected? Unknowingly at the testing center or by other vectors? undecided
It implies community transmission . That is someone that has travel history with the virus likely infected him or infected someone that infected him
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Beetobee(f): 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
OMG! Must have inhaled it from an infected person's fart! God please heal the world.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Gokoyer0(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
If you don't mind anything, send your acct detail to me
Ozovehe65:
Please some one ask me for my account number cos feeding a problem for me now, thanks and God bless you
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by SirWarlock: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dirpetaner:
Imagine a big country like Nigeria can't vouch for just 3 solid good professors that can say they are doing research work on covid 19 cure. They will start failing students and provoking masters students, PhD and undergraduate. So, their mate abroad are working and they in Nigeria are on lockdown too like us waiting for scientists abroad. Spitttttssssss!
cheesy grin Honestly this situation has shown how much scientific research and innovation has died here cry

1 Like

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by RTSC: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
They don't know how he got the virus.
Which means whoever he got it from is walking about free and untested.

If you like your life, stay inside your house.

*Nepa bring light na, useless people ,led by a hopeless Minister.*
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Isoduwa:

No be me and you

Have your corona in peace ✌

Who be this one
So you will lock yourself for eternity?
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Sufisunni: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
tjfulloption:

If definitely the 63 years old man died of corona virus without any history of travel or contact, then the person who gave it to him must have died of the virus now before him, think.... grin
Not necessary! 90% of people who contracted coronavirus do recover from it without any medication and its death rate is btw 0.37 to 1%. So, maybe the person who might have transmitted it to him never knew that he/she was having Covid-19.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by Investnow2017: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
tjfulloption:

What if the person who gave it to him is not as vulnerable as this aged man

You see why this virus is an issue quite different from Ebola etc.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by zicoraads: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
They should quarantine Lagos...since dem say dey can't stay home. Other states should lock their borders.

We've started seeing community to community transmission.

May the Lord be with you all.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by MrBONE2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
stevmatt15:
They should just leave us alone
Anyone that wants to die will still die
Lock Down or Open Up
Corona will still be killing

Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by RTSC: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Trump has defunded the WHO.

That is dangerous for Africa where our health system is basically dependent on WHO in managing many infectious and serious diseases.

The minister of health recently said corona testing is basically checking temperature.
Which means he is as retardedd as the president that appointed him.

Bad leadership can cost your life.

Unless Trump reinstates funding, Africa may finally know the bitter truth of bad African leadership in time.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by opportunities12(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rapmoney:
SCAM!

Story story!

Na so. Nobody dies of kidney failure and other ailments again.

'This shit is getting real' crew have flooded this thread as usual.
Keep saying It's a scam until you fall a casualty.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by lebienconnu: 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Investnow2017:

You see why most people who have been following the global trend have been calling a rapid ramping up of our testing. This late man no travel history, meanwhile our system seems to be prioritizing those with travel history.

Someone said that the pandemic figures are going down. I completely disagree. The spread is a major factor. That Italy and Spain have attained their peak is no parameter for reaching such a hasty conclusion. Many countries, like Nigeria, have not reached their peak. My cursory pick are countries like:

Turkey
Belgium
Canada
Brazil
Russia
Portugal
India
Chile
Ireland
Peru
Romania
Mexico
Indonesia
UAE
Belarus
Qatar
Singapore
Uzbekistan
Bangladesh
Ghana
Cameroon
Serbia
Ukraine
Morocco

All these are yet to peak, and their peaking will be highly determined by the sustenance and effectiveness of the measures put in place to reverse the curve.

Increased and sustained testing will go a long way. Even for countries that have peaked, there will still be rolling spikes until a vaccine is found and released which will not happen until a year's time.

Now the BIG QUESTION is can the world, especially emerging economies like Nigeria afford to lockdown assuming the figures continue to rise for say the next 2 months?

I think we have the choice to look for a way to live around this virus. We cannot continue to lock down, it is not sustenable. In trying to fashion a solution to a problem we must put our peculiar context into consideration, and we know what our context is - close to 80% rely on meagre wages to put food on table for our usually large and extended families. Many operate within the spectrum of our informal economy.

For instance, a neighbour took a loan of some N3m to run a short biz on interest of 20% to be returned at the end of 30days. A day after he received the facility he immediately placed an order for the materials and a few hours later the lockdown was announced. Now money was not borrowed from the bank but from an informal set up, what hope is there to pay up on time when the goods have been stuck for three weeks now? And would lender be willing to grant some moratorium?

Now while others are testing for covid-19, this man is hourly testing his BP, and the lockdown has been extended, and the covid-19 new cases are increasing!

God bless you

This is the sad reality. Even the US cannot sustain lockdown for more than six months. Hunger and depression will cause significant immunosuppression and coronavirus fatality rate will increase.
Re: 63-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos. The Seventh COVID-19 Death by emmiem(f): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
Una sure say na corona virus kill am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / Portable Blood Pressure Monitor for Home or Office Use / Man Commits Suicide In Benue (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.