Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? (1575 Views)

Think Again Before You Decide Of Rekindling An Old Flame / Love Or Lust Which Bring Back Old Flame When You Meet An Ex? / Old Flame But Not Forgotten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by samix(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2011
I started a relationship with the girl in question back around 2002 or 2003, we dated for over 3 years only to break up after i went for NYSC due to some reasons I now find so silly. The break up was so horrible that families were insulted, but soon after the bust up, we got back into talking terms and remained passive friends. After I finished NYSC I got into a relationship with another girl only to break up about 2 years after, during this period I relocated abroad for my MSc degree precisely september 2007. Since I relocated I never came home to Nigeria only to return in december 2010 for my younger sister's wedding. I was in frequent contact with the first girl over the years and as fate would have it we saw again when I came home to Nigeria and we soon began a relationship in no time after some heart to heart talks. The main issue now is that we are or were both in other relationships with no doubt that she is 90% off the relationship, I even went ahead to ask her to marry me "it might sound funny and stupid but its true". Now I am back where I have been living since 2007 and I feel like relocating back because of her.
My questions are could it be infatuation or is it that i really love this girl? I am really confused
Please all request for is your honest opinion as regards this
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by MaJBlige(f): 7:35am On Jan 05, 2011
only a dog returns to his vomit. after three years, and in another relationship, it is obviously the flesh talking, not love.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by tolahood9(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2011
bro, look within u
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by samix(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

only a dog returns to his vomit. after three years, and in another relationship, it is obviously the flesh talking, not love.

I was actually expecting an odd reply rather sooner than later, but thanx i aint a dog. come to think of it, what if the present relationship is heading no where and the fact that i need to settle down myself? the flesh ain't talking because if thats the case it should be off my mind now that i can't and won't see her for a while. could it be the fact that i browsed it first?

tolahood9:

bro, look within u

bro i have done serious soul-searching and my heart seems to be going in the direction i had always wanted it before the break up.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by 190: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
Its very possible

But what about y'all both current relationships,

what happens, u gon dump them both cos of old flame rekindled,

please let her go, she's not worth it no more!
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Beync(f): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
OP follow ur heart,only u and urself no wat u want as a man.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
use your head,follow ur heart if all seems rt follow the road.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by jfking2005(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
my friend, forget the girl and move on fast.
you are only trying to find fault in your present R/shp.
if you hadnt seen her lately will you be considering the failure of your present R/ship?? NO
The succes of every r/shp depend on the two party involve.

my friend Think with your head and stop allowing what you just enjoyed recently to control you.
Just by seeing her in December and immediately you 've started proposing marriage to her and all of a sudden you can't let go off her just in less than 1 month and you 've started thinking of relocating ??
i dont even know whether you have other plans again where you are abroad rather than just packing your load and come back to stay with the woman, NA WA oooo!!

You left someone more than 5years ago even though you keep contact with her doesn't mean you are the best man in her life but you still feel she is still as innocent as those days and i sensed it very well that She must have told you all that you wanted to hear since she already knew you very well before, now you keep imagine those and you cant sleep except you be by her side.
My friend, i pray you dont make the greatest mistake of your live.
but My advise---Think with your Brain and look around you once again.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
190:

Its very possible

Finally I agree with you lol grin I have tried it and I am knocking it! Don't do it.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by 190: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Finally I agree with you lol grin I have tried it and I am knocking it! Don't do it.
Coconut head grin grin You always agree with me, if not no kiss kiss kiss for you!! angry angry angry
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Omolola1(f): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
OP,

Its possible to still have feelings for your ex
but my dear, knock it down
its not worth it, focus on your current "catch" cool
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ 190 so? keep ur sloppy kisses! tongue i dont care! angry
*sticks out tongue and runs away, looks back to see if he is chasing me* grin
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by 190: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

@ 190 so? keep your sloppy kisses! tongue i dont care! angry
*sticks out tongue and runs away, looks back to see if he is chasing me* grin

shocked shocked faints,
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^Slaps 190 angry
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by 190: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^evidence of what crack can do 2 a happily married girl,
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^on the verge of DIVORCE you mean.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by Spclst900: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2011

You don start.
Re: Old Flame Rekindled, Is It A Possibility? by samix(m): 5:46am On Jan 07, 2011
jfking2005:

my friend, forget the girl and move on fast.
you are only trying to find fault in your present R/shp.
if you hadnt seen her lately will you be considering the failure of your present R/ship?? NO
The succes of every r/shp depend on the two party involve.

my friend Think with your head and stop allowing what you just enjoyed recently to control you.
Just by seeing her in December and immediately you 've started proposing marriage to her and all of a sudden you can't let go off her just in less than 1 month and you 've started thinking of relocating ??
i dont even know whether you have other plans again where you are abroad rather than just packing your load and come back to stay with the woman, NA WA oooo!!

You left someone more than 5years ago even though you keep contact with her doesn't mean you are the best man in her life but you still feel she is still as innocent as those days and i sensed it very well that She must have told you all that you wanted to hear since she already knew you very well before, now you keep imagine those and you cant sleep except you be by her side.
My friend, i pray you dont make the greatest mistake of your live.
but My advise---Think with your Brain and look around you once again.

you could be right she's telling me what i want to hear, but come to think of it, what if the initial break-up was totally my fault? what if its destiny at work?. in everything i do, i think with my head with little contributions from my emotions.

190:

Its very possible

the present relationship as now become a past relationship cos trust me, i've been wasting my time and energy. its been destined for the rock right from the onset cos of too many differences.

(1) (Reply)

Sometimes I Just Wish I Had A Wife Or a Gurl Like My Mom! / Just Got Hrt Broken., / Her Boss'shusband Won't Leave Her Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.