Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here (63152 Views)

Strictly For Elect/elect Aspirants, Students, Engineers And Professionals. / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by nklove1: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2011
ACCA STUDENT & CHARTERED lets meet here and discuss our problems like other professionals are doing. for those that has written the Dec. diet, pls share your experience.

2 Likes

Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by nklove1: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2011
PLS house i want to register for ACCA, how do i go about it and what are the requirements and means of sending the money to them.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by joeinfo: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2011
call this no for more details 07034586186
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by haykay2005: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2011
currently in part 2 ACCA preparing to write f4 ,f5 and f6.pls can anybody assist me with f4 audio file or wia to download it free
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by nklove1: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
@haykay2005, i believe this will help u.

ACCA Video Lectures by London School of Business & Finance
« on: Today at 08:21:32 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACCA Video Lectures by London School of Business & Finance

The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a British accountancy body which offers the Chartered Certified Accountant (Designatory letters ACCA or FCCA) qualification worldwide. It is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing accountancy bodies with 140,000 members and 404,000 affiliates and students in 170 countries (as at April 2010). The Institute's headquarters are in London with the principal administrative office being based in Glasgow. In addition the ACCA has a network of nearly 80 staffed offices and other centres around the world.

ACCA Syllabus
The ACCA syllabus consists of 14 papers divided into four modules
KNOWLEDGE 3 papers
SKILL 6 papers
ESSENTIALS 3 papers
PATHWAYS select 2 papers from 4

The ACCA syllabus:
KNOWLEDGE
F1 – Accounting in Business (AB)
F2 – Management Accounting (MA)
F3 – Financial Accounting
SKILLS
F4 – Corporate and Business Law (CL)
F5 – Performance Management (PM)
F6 – Taxation (TX)
F7 – Financial Reporting (FR)
F8 – Audit and Assurance (AA)
F9 – Financial Management (FM)
ESSENTIALS
P1 – GR&E – Governance, Risk and Ethics
P2 – Corporate Reporting (CR)
P3 – Business Analysis (BA)
ELECTIVES
P4 – Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
P5 – Advanced Performance Management (APM)
P6 – Advanced Taxation (ATX)
P7 – Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)

The following courses may be studied from an international or a national (UK) perspective: financial reporting, audit and assurance, corporate reporting and advanced audit assurance.
Exam Regulations
All modules need to be taken and preferably passed in chronological order. A maximum of four papers per sitting applies although a variety of modules may be sat. Please note that papers within a module may be sat in any order. In addition to the above 14 papers, students are required to study and sit an online module in Professional Ethics. It is recommended that it be taken at the same time as P1.
All modules have a pass rate of 50% and need to be passed within 10 years.

If you are interested in the ACCA Video Lectures(F1, F2, F3, F5, F7, F8, F9, P5) by London School of Business & Finance, call Kay on 08037254084, 07043829517 or email: kennie27@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by needful: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2011
@haykay, i believ this will be helpful.

ACCA Syllabus
The ACCA syllabus consists of 14 papers divided into four modules
KNOWLEDGE 3 papers
SKILL 6 papers
ESSENTIALS 3 papers
PATHWAYS select 2 papers from 4

The ACCA syllabus:
KNOWLEDGE
F1 – Accounting in Business (AB)
F2 – Management Accounting (MA)
F3 – Financial Accounting
SKILLS
F4 – Corporate and Business Law (CL)
F5 – Performance Management (PM)
F6 – Taxation (TX)
F7 – Financial Reporting (FR)
F8 – Audit and Assurance (AA)
F9 – Financial Management (FM)
ESSENTIALS
P1 – GR&E – Governance, Risk and Ethics
P2 – Corporate Reporting (CR)
P3 – Business Analysis (BA)
ELECTIVES
P4 – Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
P5 – Advanced Performance Management (APM)
P6 – Advanced Taxation (ATX)
P7 – Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)

The following courses may be studied from an international or a national (UK) perspective: financial reporting, audit and assurance, corporate reporting and advanced audit assurance.
Exam Regulations
All modules need to be taken and preferably passed in chronological order. A maximum of four papers per sitting applies although a variety of modules may be sat. Please note that papers within a module may be sat in any order. In addition to the above 14 papers, students are required to study and sit an online module in Professional Ethics. It is recommended that it be taken at the same time as P1.
All modules have a pass rate of 50% and need to be passed within 10 years.

If you are interested in the ACCA Video Lectures(F1 F2 F3 F5 F7 F8 F9 P5) by London School of Business & Finance, call Kay on 08037254084, 07043829517 or email: kennie27atyahoo.com
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Accountant: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
For those looking for an accounting job in Nigeria, you can submit your cv to : financejobsnigeria@gmail.com
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Ayokunle07(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
Please can anybody assist me? I am trying to fill the online registration form and I'm stuck at the point where it requires me to identify my qualifications from an already provided table. I am a graduate of Microbiology and I do not possess any of the qualifications listed. Please what do I choose and where do I go from here?
HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!! The table is shown below but quite disorganized.

Please study the table, check that you meet the entry requirements, and answer some questions below.

Qualification
Nigeria Certificate of Education Sufficient for registration
Diploma (from a Federal University) Sufficient for registration
National Technical Certificate (NTC) / National Commercial Certificate (NCC) Insufficient for registration
NECO examinations Insufficient for registration
University Matriculation Examination Sufficient for registration
Sufficient for registration if: 2 passes at West African A Level [grades A-E] / GCE A Level / Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate [grades A-E]
PLUS
3 passes at Senior School Certificate [grades 1 ? 6] / GCE O Level / Cambridge Overseas School Certificate [grades 1-6]

Is the lowest level qualification you hold shown above?

YesNo

Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by mycvclinic: 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
I love this one! Thanks for starting it. I plan to sit my final papers this year.

Erm, we're not discussing problems only though smiley

nk-love:

ACCA STUDENT & CHARTERED lets meet here and discuss our problems

I usually visit other ACCA forums but hardly ever make it into the scheduled study groups. Perhaps I could achieve that for next sitting through this thread.

Thanks for starting.

Cheers
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Dereformer(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^ please check your mail. I have a CV there for your review.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Ayokunle07(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Somebody please help me with what entry qualification I should choose from the list as I do not have any, and I am a graduate in a non-related field, who's interested in the programme. I got stuck here while filling the online registration form. Plsssssssssssssss
[Quote]
Nigeria Certificate of Education Sufficient for registration
Diploma (from a Federal University) Sufficient for registration
National Technical Certificate (NTC) / National Commercial Certificate (NCC) Insufficient for registration
NECO examinations Insufficient for registration
University Matriculation Examination Sufficient for registration
                                                Sufficient for registration if: 2 passes at West African A Level [grades A-E] / GCE A Level / Cambridge
                                                                Overseas Higher School Certificate [grades A-E]
                                                                PLUS
                                                               3 passes at Senior School Certificate [grades 1 ? 6] / GCE O Level / Cambridge Overseas School Certificate   
                                                               [grades 1-6]
[/Quote]
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by corrs: 10:40am On Jan 18, 2012
anyone taking the p2 and p3 papers this june?preferably someone residing in london would'nt mind a study buddy towards the exam peroid.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by joeinfo: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
2Haykay
currently in part 2 ACCA preparing to write f4 ,f5 and f6.pls can anybody assist me with f4 audio file or wia to download it free

should you need BPP audio lectures for any course in ACCA or London School of business and Finance Video lectures
kindly call 07034586186 or send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Hamintab: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
considering taking dis xams too, though already had HND in engineering. How easy would it be, n wat are d likely challenges. Any one pleas.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Karmanje(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2012
Pls, I need an insight on studying ACCA in Nigeria
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by ritze(m): 11:30am On Jan 24, 2012
Hamintab:

considering taking dis xams too, though already had HND in engineering. How easy would it be, n wat are d likely challenges. Any one pleas.
i don't tink u should have any probs
you only need to study hard and have it at the back of your mind that its not an easy exam

Karmanje:

Pls, I need an insight on studying ACCA in Nigeria
pls visit www.accaglobal.com OR be more specific(as regards the insigth)
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by gokuu(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
Is it necessary for one to have work experience to register and take qualifying exams? I read through their site and I'm still not sure.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by kay1983: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2012
Hi guys,interestin to discover dis. I av written f7 twice nw but i need more info on hw to pass that paper. Kdly send to caryourdayakins@gmail,com
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by kay1983: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2012
Need to pay my subcriptn. Can anybody help me? Caryourdayakins@gmail.com
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by mycvclinic: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2012
Results are online!

PASS PASS PASS grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 9:37am On Feb 13, 2012
Congrats!
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by montelik(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2012
gokuu:

Is it necessary for one to have work experience to register and take qualifying exams? I read through their site and I'm still not sure.

No it is not necessary.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Hamintab: 7:05am On Feb 14, 2012
Just like i z earlier, am willing to take the xams. But i avent registerd yet, hoping to do dat by mid march. Can i register by march n still take the june diet?. Some one told me registration period for d june diet is dec last year. I dont understand pls.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2012
nk-love:

ACCA STUDENT & CHARTERED lets meet here and discuss our problems like other professionals are doing. for those that has written the Dec. diet, pls share your experience.

nk-love:

PLS house i want to register for ACCA, how do i go about it and what are the requirements and means of sending the money to them.

You're not a student, you're also not chartered. So you should add 'aspirants' to the thread title undecided
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by ritze(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
Hamintab:

Just like i z earlier, am willing to take the xams. But i avent registerd yet, hoping to do dat by mid march. Can i register by march n still take the june diet?. Some one told me registration period for d june diet is dec last year. I dont understand pls.

No sir, you should be looking forward to december diet
You shoulda done dt before January,
kay1983:

Hi guys,interestin to discover dis. I av written f7 twice nw but i need more info on hw to pass that paper. Kdly send to caryourdayakins@gmail,com
So sorry bruv
Please note that u mit find it difficult to pass F7 without covering all the syllabus
We all know that what most of us do is jst
CFS
SINGLE COY
& INT.OF FIN STATMENT/CASHFLOW
while we try our luck on others without deep knowledge of the other aspect of the syllabus
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
needful, that was uncalled for.

Aj was referring to nk-love and not you.
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by mycvclinic: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
Wow!!! Just wow.

yamakuza:

needful, that was uncalled for.

Aj was referring to nk-love and not you.

Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
hi acca nairalanders... i nid help finding any acca tutorial center in festac town ...plxx
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Dereformer(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Though, i have asked this question in another thread but i still want to get clarifications. I heard that on completion of certain levels in ACCA you get a Bsc(applied accounting). How true is this? If true, is the degree recognised here in nigeria? I already have an HND in accounts, what level of exemption will I apply for so as to still be eligible for the BSC? What is the aproximate cost, in naira, of registering and obtaining exemptions? And finally how do i get the m,aterials?
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pls, can a 200L Accounting Student start ICAN exam from PE1?
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by Mustay(m): 12:37am On Apr 12, 2012
kay1983: Hi guys,interestin to discover dis. I av written f7 twice nw but i need more info on hw to pass that paper. Kdly send to caryourdayakins@gmail,com

In one sentence - KNOW YOUR IFRS(es) and the Conceptual Framework (a part everyone seems to ignore whilst it's the foundation of FR)
Re: ACCA Aspirants, Students And Chartered: Lets Meet Here by pric123: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2012
Chartered Financial Analyst
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program is a professional credential offered by the CFA Institute (formerly AIMR) to investment and financial professionals. A candidate who successfully completes the program and meets other professional requirements is awarded a "CFA charter" and becomes a "CFA charterholder."

Requirements
The basic requirements for participation in the CFA Program include holding or being in the final year of a university degree (or equivalent as assessed by CFA Institute), or having four years of qualified, professional work experience in an investment decision-making process. To obtain the charter, however, a candidate must have completed a university degree (or equivalent) and four years of qualified, professional work experience, in addition to passing the three exams that test the academic portion of the CFA program, as discussed below.
Candidates generally take one exam per year over three years (assuming a pass on the first attempt). Fees as of December 2009 for each exam range from $710 to $955, depending on the date on which the candidate registers to take the exam, plus an additional $400 to $480 for program enrolment for new members. Exams are challenging, with only 38% passing the Level I, 39% passing Level II, and 46% passing Level III exam in June 2010. In December 2010, the CFA exam pass rate for Level I was 38% It should be noted that level 2 and 3 pass rates apply to candidates that must have already passed the prior level.
All three exams are administered on paper on a single day; the Level I exam is administered twice a year (usually the first weekend of June and December). The Level II and III exams are administered once a year, usually the first weekend of June. Each exam consists of two three-hour sessions. Level I has 240 independent, multiple-choice questions - all information required to answer the question is contained in the question. Level II has 120 multiple-choice questions, organized as 20 six-question item sets, each set having its own vignette of facts. To answer each question, the candidate must refer to the vignette as there is insufficient information in the question stem. Level III consists of a session of constructive response, essay-type questions, and a session of 10 six-question item sets as in the Level II exam. On the multiple-choice/item set sections, there is no penalty for wrong answers. For the test, only two models of calculator are allowed (the Hewlett Packard 12C including the HP 12C Platinum, and the Texas Instruments BA II Plus including the BA II Plus Professional).
Candidates who have taken the exam receive a score report that is intended to be fairly unspecific: there is no overall score for the test, only a Pass/Fail result, and a range within which his or her performance for each topic area falls: below 50%, between 50% and 70%, and above 70%. Additionally, failing candidates are informed of their decile rank within the body of failing candidates. The passing grade for the exams had been defined as 70% of the top percentage of exam papers until 1989; since then, the grading method is not explicitly published[4] and the minimum passing score is set by the Board of Governors after each exam. The Board of Governors reviews the results of the standard setting process and input from psychometricians.
Standard setting is a process that defines the passing score of the exam. The CFA exam utilizes the modified Angoff method which is a commonly used approach to setting standards for certification and licensure examinations. Subject matter experts review the exam and recommend a minimum passing score for the "just-qualified candidate". The minimum passing scores are presented to the Board of Governors in a report. The Board of Governors is not bound by this recommendation, but does recognize it as very important information.
Curriculum and CFA-approved university programs
CFA also has a list of accredited education partners who provide relevant courses and CFA education preparation. There are 57 partners in the USA, 33 partners in Asia Pacific and 47 partners in EMEA.
Curriculum
The curriculum for the CFA program is based on a Candidate Body of Knowledge established by CFA Institute. The curriculum comprises the topic areas below, and, as mentioned, there are three exams ("levels"wink that test the academic portion of the CFA program. All three levels have a strong emphasis on ethics, while the material differences among the exams are:
• The Level I study program emphasizes tools and inputs, and includes an introduction to asset valuation, financial reporting and analysis, and portfolio management techniques.
• The Level II study program emphasizes asset valuation, and includes applications of the tools and inputs (including economics, financial reporting and analysis, and quantitative methods) in asset valuation.
• The Level III study program emphasizes portfolio management, and includes strategies for applying the tools, inputs, and asset valuation models in managing equity, fixed income, and derivative investments for individuals and institutions.
For exams from 2008 onward, candidates automatically receive the curriculum readings from CFA Institute when they register for the exam. There is no possibility to register for the exam without receiving the curriculum. There is also no possibility to order the curriculum separately. If the student fails an exam and has the possibility to resit in the same year, CFA Institute offers a slight rebate and will not send the curriculum again (the curriculum only changes from one year to the next). However if the student resits in a year other than the year of failure, he will receive the curriculum again as it may have been changed. Study materials for the CFA Exams are available from numerous commercial learning providers, although are not officially endorsed.
Ethics
The ethics section is primarily concerned with compliance and reporting rules when managing an investor's money or when issuing research reports. Some rules pertain more generally to professional behavior (such as prohibitions against plagiarism); others specifically relate to the proper use of the designation for charterholders and candidates. All of these rules are delineated in the "Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct ".
Quantitative methods
This topic area is dominated by statistics: the topics are fairly broad, covering probability theory, hypothesis testing, (multi-variate) regression, and time-series analysis. Other topics include time value of money - incorporating basic valuation and yield and return calculations - and portfolio-related calculations.
Economics
Both micro- and macroeconomics are covered, including international economics (mainly related to currency conversions and how they are affected by international interest rates and inflation). By Level III, the focus is on applying economic analysis to portfolio management and asset allocation.
Corporate finance
The curriculum includes the more fundamental corporate finance topics - capital investment decisions, capital structure policy, and dividend policy—as well as advanced topics such as the analysis of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and business and financial risk.
Financial reporting and analysis
The Curriculum includes analyzing financial reporting topics (International Financial Reporting Standards and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), and ratio and financial statement analysis. Financial reporting and analysis of accounting information is heavily tested at Levels I and II, but is not a significant part of Level III.
Security analysis
The curriculum includes coverage of global markets, as well as analysis of the various asset types: equity (stocks), fixed income (bonds), derivatives (futures, forwards, options and swaps), and alternative investments (Real Estate, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Commodities). The Level I exam requires familiarity with these instruments; the focus of Level II is valuation; Level III studies incorporation of these instruments into portfolios. Level II employs the "tools" studied under the quantitative methods, financial statement analysis, corporate finance and economics curricula.
Portfolio management
This section increases in importance with each of the three levels - it integrates and draws from the other topics, including ethics. It includes: Modern Portfolio Theory (efficient frontier, Capital Asset Pricing Model, etc.); investment practice (defining the investment policy for individual- and institutional investors, resultant asset allocation, order execution); and measurement of investment performance

If you are interested in the CFA Video Lectures(Level 1 & 2) by London School of Business & Finance, call Kay on 08037254084, 07043829517 or email: kennie27@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / Pwc Or Deloitte / Novice Graphic Designer Makes Obituary Of Himself For Advert Purposes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.