Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118243 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Psoul(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2020
There was this very pretty girl that attended my company interview. She was very intelligent and pretty.

She passed these interviews. Asked to go for the medical check. Surprisingly, the result came out positive. Who could believe that a pretty girl like her with skin that look so nourished will be HIV positive.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Japhet31: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2020
lefulefu:
for the couples own interest i think its wise they go for HIV test before they get married at least for the unborn child.At least be aware of ur status.anyway nobody is forcing them as for me when i am going for the test the girl i will pick as wife will also follow me to go and test otherwise if she refuse i move on cheesy.

Well for child bearing and early treatment sakes.... HIV testing is a must then... I agree with you there.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by oyigah(m): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Not true darling..manifestation of symptoms by a patient is not entirely dependent on time but immunity, that is to say the patient with a lower immunity gets sick first. Op was prolly stressed out, not feeding fine due to the environment he was in (IDP CAMP IN UGANDA), exposed to co-morbidities like malaria, typhoid while his babe was choping life back at home, so tell me who will fall sick first...you gat the drift
Pearl05:
The man said that he enrolled for volunteer's work for HIV patients in rural areas across Africa. It's possible he was exposed to the virus there and later infected his girlfriend. He was the person that started showing signs of the infection while at his outreach which prompted his returning home.

So many people are pointing fingers at the girlfriend now wife ,did he ask you to help determine the person that first got infected?

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ieemmanuel(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2020
Scary
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by rash47(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2020
Psoul:
There was this very pretty girl that attended my company interview. She was very intelligent and pretty.

She passed these interviews. Asked to go for the medical check. Surprisingly, the result came out positive. Who could believe that a pretty girl like her with skin that look so nourished will be HIV positive.

Did you guys offer her the job?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Decryptor(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2020
The lady you dated gave you HIV and you still went ahead to marry her?

Nigerian men sef undecided
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2020
Men!!! Am so scared to dive in raw go dying fear some people....
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Lumcy25: 8:52am On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

So touching, I love your strenght

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by FuckHomophobes: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2020
illicit:

oh sorry if I was harsh but I just find it hard to believe when a guy comes with that line of I don't drink, smoke etc, guys like that are often the.....

Oh I quite understand your viewpoint now but I think it shouldn't apply to all. Cheers bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by temptnow: 9:02am On Apr 16, 2020
ifko:

Go for test

Are you a doctor?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by dazzlingd(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2020
shocked
His gf obviously infected him with hiv, lesson should be learnt..., know your partner's health status and past before diving her raw....na wa ooo...
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by NomzyJust(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:

You actually have a point but I didn't give anyone a reason to keep having unprotected sex.. I've actually preached abstinence all my life... The reason I shared a personal story was to encourage those that already have it that there is still life.. You can live as long as you want.

I actually know someone very close. She's been positive for so long that sometimes we don't even remember she is +ve. She has been with the virus for over 20 years and she's getting to 70. You are right OP, it is not a death sentence and they can get old, very old actually.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Agugbadin: 9:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Don't ever trust any Nigerian female, whether girl or woman, your girl may have infected you with the virus
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
In the end, we all living corpses with varying expiry date.
you are brilliant!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by jasmine1600: 9:14am On Apr 16, 2020
@op you did good by enlightening some folks out there.
Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by mignone(f): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2020
klenton:

oga, what exactly is the moral of this your story, that once someone texts positive they should just marry their partner and procreate HIV free kids and everything will be okay??

if you don't want to tell a story and let people learn from your experience then dont
leaving out completely how u got the virus, handled the stigma and healed defeats what ever lesson your trying to put out there.

prevention as always is better than cure, from your story is obvious your family is rich and that explains why you have to get married immediately with the financial implications involved in not just the marriage but raising a family, yours might be an exception and that is not a lesson.
Uncle, HIV+ folks who take their ARV drugs regularly &attend prenatal clinic in good health centres don't infect their children.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:18am On Apr 16, 2020
Ishilove:

Heh. Then you cannot survive on Nairaland where their bad mouth even shocks the devil
joy cool
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by webizone(m): 9:29am On Apr 16, 2020
simplepee:
Ehen, they don come, they want to hear the WHOLE story. Oga they are married with kids, leave the rest.
And you were just asking someone if he was positive or not. Hypocrisy.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Namzy(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It's not advisable to have unprotected sex with your hiv partner as you could transmit other viral strains to each other which might be resistant to your current ARV drugs
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by zoeA: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2020
God will see you through
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by blaise26abj(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2020
oyigah:
Not true darling..manifestation of symptoms by a patient is not entirely dependent on time but immunity, that is to say the patient with a lower immunity gets sick first. Op was prolly stressed out, not feeding fine due to the environment he was in (IDP CAMP IN UGANDA), exposed to co-morbidities like malaria, typhoid while his babe was choping life back at home, so tell me who will fall sick first...you gat the drift

Chopping life or not , we all have a past. If Op Is not hiv positive , the relationship might have fallen apart and he would have had his own body count .

I don’t understand why guys are pointing fingers at the lady like she was unfaithful while in the relationship . Even if we assume she infected Op, it’s possible she got it from a previous relationship or even rape . We don’t know. They have moved on and got kids . Let’s respect that . NOBODY holy pass .
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by BananaPeel(m): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I have a sister who is HIV positive with HIV NEGATIVE 4 CHILDREN AND A NEGATIVE HUSBAND. Infact, she was positive before she married.
Like you rightly said, it's not a death sentence.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Emaprince: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Pearl05:
The man said that he enrolled for volunteer's work for HIV patients in rural areas across Africa. It's possible he was exposed to the virus there and later infected his girlfriend. He was the person that started showing signs of the infection while at his outreach which prompted his returning home.

So many people are pointing fingers at the girlfriend now wife ,did he ask you to help determine the person that first got infected?
why won't you type this crap when it a woman involved. You must find a way to support yourself in your immoral acts. He clearly got the HIV from his girlfriend. Was he sharing sharp objects with HIV patients over there?

No wonder the girl was just pretentiously surprised and accepted the result immediately, because the guy is a simp who dated just one woman for 8years.

Imagine if it was a woman that posted this story...and tell us if you won't conclude she got it from the man.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Christmasdon(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2020
simplepee:
Ehen, they don come, they want to hear the WHOLE story. Oga they are married with kids, leave the rest.
.DO U HAVE SENSES AT ALL? HOW DO U EVEN LEARN IN SCHOOL. WHY THEN DID THE OP PUT UP THE STORY HERE, WHY DISTURB US HERE WITH HIS STORY IF HE CAN'T ANSWER SIMPLE FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. THATS Y U CANT LEARN.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ucham: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.

Stop saying stick to a partner. All the people wey don stick to their girlfriend like the Op, we don see how e be for them.

Remain a virgin until you and your fiancé have ran all medical test and are legally married. But una no go hear.

By the way getting hiv through clipper is next to impossible. The virus cannot survive more than 3 seconds outside a host. And again clippers that are sterilized with heat destroy the virus.

Many mumu men sleep around with condom or sleep raw with their unmarried girlfriend and go to the saloon with their own clipper. I dey laugh una.

Go and get married to a clean mate and have sex.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Christmasdon(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2020
@OP, THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT WHEN U FAILED TO HEED TO YOUR FATHERS ADVICE. INSTEAD U CHOOSE TO GO TO TANZANIA, ANYWAY, I WISH U WELL AND RESPECT THE DECISIONS YOU TOOK.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Tima1980(f): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
You are not alone dear, may God help all the positive people in the world. Is not the end of life and be discipline in taking your drugs.

I have been positive for over 13years now. Am not proud of it but its my crush and i have to carry it.

Remain bless and remember that no sickness kills but fear do.

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ManuelMount(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2020
bestman09:

The website on your signature is not working

This is my telegram name

ManueLucas

Or check it now
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Psoul(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2020
rash47:

Did you guys offer her the job

Sorry, I won't go beyond this point.
Thanks.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Veryfoolishboy: 11:46am On Apr 16, 2020
BlissB:
I know say this question fit sound stupid but where can one get clipper, I really don't know where to look at.....I checked some sites I nor understand wetin I day see..... embarassed embarassed embarassed
you can go to any saloon and ask a barber to help you get one.

Better yet go to shoprite or any place they sell gadgets and ask. Whal cost just 20k,
GTS cost just 5k,
Please and please don't buy chobba, it use to get hot
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Larcardii(f): 11:55am On Apr 16, 2020
kristana:

What Ignorance!. HIV is never the end of life...For your information there are worse disease conditions that kills faster than aids. E.g Hepatitis..There has been a rapid improvement in Hiv treatment in the modern world now. Its not even considered as one of the top deadly diseases anymore...
hepatitis is not a killer disease it can be managed too like HIV....it has vaccine sef...my mum has been living wit it for 53years she is still alive and healthy ...and she doesn't take drugs
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Larcardii(f): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
Govo4me2u:

This is very true; my sister died of HIV aids because she stop taking the
antiritroviral drugs as prescribed, she told me that she is tired. She was married to an HIV infected Doctor unknown to us because he presented a false medical report the painful part is he was my sisters first love. Had she stick to the drugs as suppose she wound have been till now.
first love shocked...dat doctor is wicked ooo....why are humans wicked like dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.