Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118234 Views)

I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Christmasdon:
@OP, THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT WHEN U FAILED TO HEED TO YOUR FATHERS ADVICE. INSTEAD U CHOOSE TO GO TO TANZANIA, ANYWAY, I WISH U WELL AND RESPECT THE DECISIONS YOU TOOK.

What kind of human being is this? What is wrong with people now? How do you reason . Chaii.you should had been aborted .. your mother is an Idiot For giving birth to you.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2020
Christmasdon:
.DO U HAVE SENSES AT ALL? HOW DO U EVEN LEARN IN SCHOOL. WHY THEN DID THE OP PUT UP THE STORY HERE, WHY DISTURB US HERE WITH HIS STORY IF HE CAN'T ANSWER SIMPLE FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. THATS Y U CANT LEARN.

Na U gangan be he goat. The Question you are supposed to ask you no ask you dey do State CID here. I don't blame you . I blame your foolish parent for not traning you manners. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Skyrocket1: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by andrewbaba44: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Did you have any sexual encounters in Tanzania when you went to help out with their HIV community programs?

Good question ,but maybe that’s not our business

As I was reading the story and saw where he went to Tanzania ,my mind was that he contacted it there

Tanzania Na another ground of hiv

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Fawie(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hepatitis B can survive the. fire unless the barber leaves the clipper's teeth burning for minutes....I have heparitis B, and it is not from childhood. i have never have sex in my life.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Larcardii(f): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
saajus:
This is the reason why I pity many Nigerian women that always make excuses for their randy husbands. Ladies, if your husband is promiscuous, he's going to bring diseases home for you. God help you, if his own immune system is strong, you may die of the disease and he will still be alive. I knew a promiscuous man in the area where I grew up. He always visits brothels. At a point, his gentle nice wife started getting sick, and she was taken to hospital. They ran several tests and HIV test came positive. Her husband confessed that he slept with some prostitutes and maybe he contracted it from them. The woman became skeleton before she died, the randy man is still alive after 15yrs, he is in the undetectable zone, he has remarried, has more children and enjoying life.
It's sad because his wife was very calm, collected and brilliant.
I keep saying cheating should never be accepted
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Larcardii(f): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fawie:
Hepatitis B can survive the. fire unless the barber leaves the clipper's teeth burning for minutes....I have heparitis B, and it is not from childhood. i have never have sex in my life.
if u have had it from childhood it will be in ur body for d rest of ur life ...it might or it might not cause u harm....but if u just had it as an adult chances dat it might leave ur body soon is high
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by madgoat(m): 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
Annie001:

grin God forbid
I think I am just imagining nonsense

I feel you grin
Just like when i was feeling some sensations in my throat some days ago, i thought i have covid-19 grin
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by madgoat(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fawie:

Na wah oh. Does that mean u have a short time to live shocked
Better quickly have sex bro. I cant imagine someone dying without have sex at least once
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Salmom: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.
Finding out about my status was the hardest thing I have ever had to come to terms with in my life. I was broken and torn to pieces that I felt I would never be okay. I contemplated suicide but out of nowhere I found the will and strength to live.

And what even made it even more painful was the fact I couldn't take a job I found in Qatar because of my status. I hated myself for burning my bridges because it wasn't just Qatar there are so many countries I can't immigrate to because of my status even if I wanted to.

I started taking my meds last year and I have already gotten used to them. It's become a part of my life. I don't have to try so hard

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by BlissB(f): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
you can go to any saloon and ask a barber to help you get one.

Better yet go to shoprite or any place they sell gadgets and ask. Whal cost just 20k,
GTS cost just 5k,
Please and please don't buy chobba, it use to get hot
Thank you very much smiley
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by izibili44: 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Why should i be joking with something serious as hiv and aids.
SenecaTheYonger:

Wow. You are joking right?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by zakkxx: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2020
God will continue to guide and protect you, may be your Girl gave you this.
Lesson for all of us experience is the worst teacher because it gives you the lessons before teaching you. It is better to learn from people experience and not yours. Stay away from premarital sex; if u no fit hol body Go and marry.
I know some ppl will call me stupid; A word is enough for d fool and non is required by d wise.
Since I was save from Gonoriah wey I get from one olosho my people after I was heal and I did several check up I have decided to keep my self for my wife.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Zakarisammy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
lefulefu:
wise choice also invite ur girlfriend or girlfriends to also run test with u cheesy

I will. Thank u Sir
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Edavi234: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=hahn post=88494423]

Use your brain. He tested positive for HIV, asked his girlfriend to test after she found out she was positive just went ahead and got married.
You see, they've moved on.

My question is to save pvssy whipped fellows like you[/quote]

Now go get a life..
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by veave(f): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I'm really sorry you got it the way you did.. I'm not really good at writing or expressing myself.. took me a great deal of time to put that one together.
I can take it down if you wish.

Stop answering that one.

He's trying to rile you up.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Edavi234: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
They have moved on even with beautiful kids..

Now go get a life. Jobless and dull people everywhere..

hahn:

Use your brain. He tested positive for HIV, asked his girlfriend to test after she found out she was positive just went ahead and got married.

My question is to save pvssy whipped fellows like you
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by samoney: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
you forget to mention blood transfusions which is the most silent way this is spread, in fact millions have gotten it thru that
lefulefu:
commonest way u contact it is unprotected sex but it is still wise using ur own clipper cos there are other skin irritation u might contact from sharing a clipper not necessarily HIV.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by elyonchee(f): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.
clipper is 14k
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
I kinda feel for you, I'm sure your girlfriend was unfaithful to you, despite being faithful to her, that's the reason she accepted her fate with you, if was the other way round, i trust we, the ladies, we won't take it likely with the guy that infected us, it'll be world warIII loading, anyway, it's all in the past now, I thank God for your life and i pray he stretch forth his healing hands towards you, AMEN.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Antichristus: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
MrMicholo:
Thank you 4 this OP. I discovered my status few months ago 2, I felt my life was over, it was a terrible period coupled with the fact that I had no knowledge about the medical evolution & breakthrough being done on the virus.. I thought it led to death like it was years ago.. My C.O noticed my always lost and confused state and just gave me leave to get my shit together and one Nurse (A Lieutenant) counselled me ehh, told me whatsup and cleared my doubt ehh. I realized there was hope.

Am stronger now, back to leading my men.
Do you belong to any support group, Op?

Bloody soldier.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
internationalman:
I fear getting a girl who I don't plan on marrying pregnant more than contracting any of these viruses...
There are other means you can contact it brother. From your barbing salon
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by kings2079(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2020
HIV does not exist
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by gwama: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
The doctors always say to have protected sexual relations, which this man did not do, he slept with his "girlfriend" without protection and without knowing her HIV status. cool cool cool
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Pearl05(f): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
Emaprince:
why won't you type this crap when it a woman involved. You must find a way to support yourself in your immoral acts. He clearly got the HIV from his girlfriend. Was he sharing sharp objects with HIV patients over there?

No wonder the girl was just pretentiously surprised and accepted the result immediately, because the guy is a simp who dated just one woman for 8years.

Imagine if it was a woman that posted this story...and tell us if you won't conclude she got it from the man.

Go and kill yourself.

The man didn't post the post for goats like you to trade blames on who got the virus. Read the post again then try to get the purpose of the story while you are at it school on modes of HIV transmission.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by activelyA(f): 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Glory to God...
Almost brought tears to my eyes

Reading this with the song 'this is the way you father me by ElijahOyebade"
Indeed God is man's helper

Can't imagine your pain as at then.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Emaprince: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pearl05:

Go and kill yourself.

The man didn't post the post for goats like you to trade blames on who got the virus. Read the post again then try to get the purpose of the story while you are at it school on modes of HIV transmission.
Am I supposed to be surprised?

A LovePeddler will always attack whoever that tries to say the truth about her type. Girls like you are the reason we don't have any good woman in this country again.

You can never keep your legs closed and stay faithful for once. You just jump from one dick to another. Idiot.

Why should I care about his nonsense travels. And the modes of HIV transmission. He is a simp..and even makes excuses for her.....and those are the type of unfortunate mugus that you whores likes to tie down for marriage after being used and washed up by street urchins. The truth must be told and it hurts tramps like you.

Was he sharing sharp objects with them?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by 49cents(m): 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
21cents:
lol

what makes you think I copied you? grin

Wirhtout checking I know my account was way before yours lol
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Kinematics: 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
West2019:
pls how can I have in touch with you plz. I will be grateful cos I need more information I'm. HIV positive as well thanks and God bless you

You think HIV is a joke?

Here was your post somewhere on this forum.

"even me wey I'm feeling some symptoms of HIV in my body go for test still negative I never think of killing myself , all.I'm thinking how to make heaven cos hell.fire is real"

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Fryzi(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Was it in your first week you started having symptoms of the Virus? And please, was the headache like a migraine?
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Kinematics: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
gwama:
The doctors always say to have protected sexual relations, which this man did not do, he slept with his "girlfriend" without protection and without knowing her HIV status. cool cool cool

Doctors advice abstinence. But for people like you that dont listen to abstinence hence they say use a condom.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Kinematics: 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fryzi:

Was it in your first week you started having symptoms of the Virus? And please, was the headache like a migraine?

1st week ke. Seroconversion takes 3 months. Even at that symptoms begin mostly when your immune system has been overwhelmed by the virus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.