Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? (39428 Views)

11-year-old Boy Bags Bachelor’s Degree In Physics While Taking Master’s / Study Abroad For Your Bachelor's, Master's, And Phd / Bachelor's Degree Without JAMB, Post UME, Interview Or Entrance Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by ursullalinda(f): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2020
Hmmmm......for now not very useful.....enjoying entrepreneurship.

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by rxmusa(m): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2020
My Pharmacy Degree is quite useful to me and the society

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Wonderful
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by kemi7589: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
a6n686blzh
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Topmaike007(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Mini importation na the koko now
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by 3RNEST(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Useful, No paper No Work..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Who needs a certificate when you've got a sugar daddy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by DriggityDre: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2020
Very useful. Though I doubt a degree alone will make you rich. The secret is proper investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by bammydhele(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2020
Useful ke? Maybe when I'm out of this fucking asshole country

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Vulcan24(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
People put too much emphasis and almost all their faith in a degree.

University degree is just like a foundation to greater heights, nothing else.
If u don't want to push wheelbarrow, become a gas attendant or a conductor for a start then get a degree.

Wise people use their degree to secure a Job, save substantial amount then start a business and when the business is big enough to feed them and their family, they resign from their Job.
The money u get from a Job can't make u live, it can only help u survive.
Salary as a whole is like a bribe u take so u can forget ur dreams.

My advice to u is this, get ur certificate, use it to start a life but don't depend on it.
Modified
Don't depend only on ur cert in d next 10yrs, have more streams of income

u over- contradict yourself

5 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2020
I regretted schooling in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by DriggityDre: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2020
Chi59:
Who needs a certificate when you've got a sugar daddy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Topmaike007(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:
If you study well,hard and carefully. Your bachelor's degree will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Don't allow those who failed in school to deceive you with "School na scam" talks. It isn't.
so someone that graduated with 2.1 and end up securing 30k job failed in varsity that's why?

6 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by saraki2019(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2020
Very useful, just don't learning after school,
Have a dream

Get a job for support yourself

Pursue your goals and never quit
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:
If you study well,hard and carefully. Your bachelor's degree will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Don't allow those who failed in school to deceive you with "School na scam" talks. It isn't.

You will not die young

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nickshrapnel: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

I graduated with a CGPA of 4.26, I'm a soil scientist, I graduated February 2020, my dream is bigger than what salary could offer. Even if I graduated with 5.0 I'll still advice anyone to start a business
Everyone can’t be a business person

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Chidex50(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
People put too much emphasis and almost all their faith in a degree.

University degree is just like a foundation to greater heights, nothing else.
If u don't want to push wheelbarrow, become a gas attendant or a conductor for a start then get a degree.

Wise people use their degree to secure a Job, save substantial amount then start a business and when the business is big enough to feed them and their family, they resign from their Job.
The money u get from a Job can't make u live, it can only help u survive.
Salary as a whole is like a bribe u take so u can forget ur dreams.

My advice to u is this, get ur certificate, use it to start a life but don't depend on it.
Modified
Don't depend only on ur cert in d next 10yrs, have more streams of income
God bless you bro.We have something in common. Can we do business?
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Airoflaw(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
cheesy

11 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by drightguy(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2020
ManuelMount:
I'm a University student so I'll like to know how valuable yours.

Feel free to air your views accordingly

If you have a buck money for fees, use it to start up a business and school later (School don't have specific time).
On the other hand if you have assurance of job security, do your degree.

2 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by cherriton12: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2020

4 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by naijaschoolguru(m): 10:49am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

This can only come from a school drop out, someone who graduated with pass, someone who studied courses like iceblock Engineering or Nylon technology and someone who wasted his/her time in school without learning anything from his/her field of study.

Certificate get level incase you don't know.

Anyone who graduated with a good and presentable result with lots of knowledge and skills relating his/her course of study will never make this statement, because there's are certificates that will feed a whole kindred for 30+ years.
Lol grin grin iceblock engineering, ahhh na true sha
But o ni kure grin

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Truthbites: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2020
Very useful..naim I take de feed o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Kingrefreshed: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2020
ManuelMount:

It's good to have a degree so that when your friends are boosting of being graduate you will happily join the debate and boost.. Apart from that its just tissue paper in Nigeria.

At this point people wey no get degree (dem no get say)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Vulcan24(m): 10:49am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

I graduated with a CGPA of 4.26, I'm a soil scientist, I graduated February 2020, my dream is bigger than what salary could offer. Even if I graduated with 5.0 I'll still advice anyone to start a business

u graduated 2020 and u dey give advise!!!

oh boy... listen to advise for now, don't give it

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by onyeogalu1(m): 10:50am On Apr 16, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by saraki2019(m): 10:50am On Apr 16, 2020
lefulefu:
but dont u think its a waste of money if someone spends five yrs in the unversity paying huge tuition fees and when he graduates he dumps the degree.it would be better such a person learnt a hand job instead of spending long yrs stressing himself and wasting money in the university.
Have a dream after school, pick small jobs and pursue it
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by 1stola: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2020
ManuelMount:

Go and ask your mates.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nicoddemus(m): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2020
Still very useless. Wondering why I even went to school self
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2020
Very very Useless! Upon all the hype and shii... Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

I thought with d certificate, they'd pass a job on a platter as per top fed uni but for where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Vulcan24(m): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2020
the greatest gift anyone can give u or u give yourself is education

and if you happen to see the four walls of university .... you can become anything in life.

am quoting my Dad.

RIP

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by DEADALIVE: 10:52am On Apr 16, 2020
You will never be thought how to buy property in school but you will be taught how to become someone's property for life....

You can get a clue from this...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From The Center Of Excellence Of A.B.U. Zaria / The Anambra Sex Party Wasn't Organized By Our Students - UNIZIK SUG / Sandra Isirima: 28-Year-Old Graduates From University, Widowed With 4 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.