Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? (39411 Views)

11-year-old Boy Bags Bachelor’s Degree In Physics While Taking Master’s / Study Abroad For Your Bachelor's, Master's, And Phd / Bachelor's Degree Without JAMB, Post UME, Interview Or Entrance Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:
N200.
Why?

That means N200 is a small change to you.

5,000,000/200 = 25000

Multiply your daily income by 25,000. That would give your the dialy income you need to have to consider 5m a small change.

It is all about perception.

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Angelacruz: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bro abeg no mind d guy,he is jst blabling.Am in my final yr studying home econs wit 4.0.Dis yr,i went back and wrote jamb for nursing science and let me say am nt happy wit wat am studying.He is trying to comfort himself.Had it been he was given dat medicine n surgery,he wont even comment on dis thread.School is not a scam.Read professional courses and u wont regret it
NextD18:

By Medicine, you mean Med/Surg? If Yes.

Now, imagine you studied this your dream course with happiness and focus in school and graduate with a good result just like you did in Soil Science, do you think you would have made such statement "if ur certificate still feeds u 10yrs after school, then u are a failure"?.

No! You won't. Because we both know what a good result in Med/Surg can do anywhere in the world. And please, stop saying you prefer business than being a qualified and professional medical doctor. cheesy

We know it's a lie.

4 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by mikeapollo: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

I graduated with a CGPA of 4.26, I'm a soil scientist, I graduated February 2020, my dream is bigger than what salary could offer. Even if I graduated with 5.0 I'll still advice anyone to start a business

You just graduated in year 2020 and you are already bragging? What professional job/work experience have you got?
There are degrees in professional fields that can bless your life greatly for 20-30 years after graduation, if you really know your onions and plan your career! Geology, Medicine, Accounting, Engineering etc. are examples of such professions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by pocohantas(f): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
hustla:

Perspire to aspire spotted

If na business everyone go do, if u come get emergency how u go see doctor for General hospital wey go attend to u?

Una no dey rest

Leave them. Make them dey mumu.

Set awon “salary is a bribe to make you forget your dreams”

But they are waiting for a team of medical practitioners to find the cure for Corona virus.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Angelacruz: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pls leave all dis talk.Read professional courses and u wont regret
dukeprince50:
its not a lie, I had passion for medicine, I really do.
But at this moment, I have passion for money lol.
As a consultant in d medical field, they pay u 700-800k monthly, same with professor, but see ehn, business fit pay u 5mila, 10mila, 100mila if u want to ball high etc in a month.

I may not be saying this if I got my dream course because that course may not open my eyes and I'll still wallow in my stupidity.

People have passion for money o, no worry when u leave school, u go understand say money comes before profession.

See ehn, If u drop Otedola/Adeleke(multi millionaires) and Ben Carson(med doctor) , wake me up from deep sleep and tell me to choose one, I'll choose Otedola. Who profession epp?
Na money be fine bobo

2 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by HomorBj(m): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

I applied for medicine lol, my Jamb score was 198, I believe that was why I didn't get the course, my utme score was high 270, but lemme tell u, I will still prefer business to medicine even though it pays well.
Yes I was frustrated when I got the course but I came to understand how the outside world rocks thanks to this course.
Sometimes the best option is not the right option, we need a course that prepare us for the future not a course that prepare us to get a job.

Moreover soil science is a course u could easily secure a Job except u have no idea what the course entails then u can say anything about it

Stop misleading people on this forum.Dont let your situation be what you would use to discourage young ones.

Iwe dara pupo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by luluosas(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Forget this rubbish. What about us that has known in the first place
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by clems88(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Well the certificate gave me a job but the job is not equivalent to the certificate. angry
Nigeria is a scam

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
You get mouth angry
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Damilare65(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Leave them. Make them dey mumu.

Set awon “salary is a bribe to make you forget your dreams”

But they are waiting for a team of medical practitioners to find the cure for Corona virus.

Uncle, it is the same way we can’t use your Iyaloja to justify the unimportance of education.

EOD!!!

I know your problem
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
ManuelMount:
I'm a University student so I'll like to know how valuable yours.

Feel free to air your views accordingly

Mine has been useless for years but no regret. I will still educate my children to any level they desire. Certificates could be useless in Nigeria, education is priceless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by shambala: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
People put too much emphasis and almost all their faith in a degree.

University degree is just like a foundation to greater heights, nothing else.
If u don't want to push wheelbarrow, become a gas attendant or a conductor for a start then get a degree.

Wise people use their degree to secure a Job, save substantial amount then start a business and when the business is big enough to feed them and their family, they resign from their Job.
The money u get from a Job can't make u live, it can only help u survive.
Salary as a whole is like a bribe u take so u can forget ur dreams.

My advice to u is this, get ur certificate, use it to start a life but don't depend on it.
Modified
Don't depend only on ur cert in d next 10yrs, have more streams of income

You have said it all!
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by eaddyboy: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
No Knowledge is ever a waste! THINK BIG in all you do and lines will fall in pleasant places for you
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by darfay: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Oga stop deceiving yourself. Ben Carson can also afford what he wants
He is rich too and fulfilled.

Ben Carson is even More popular than both of them combined

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by professore(m): 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
People have contributed very well.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by pocohantas(f): 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
ibkayee:
Bachelor's degrees are useful, I will always encourage people to obtain one if possible. Once you manage to get your foot through the door, however, you realise sometimes it's a lot more about who you know and whose ass you kiss than merit

Exactly, it is a well known fact that at a point it is about who you know. However, have the background first!! Some of these guys will just be misleading young ones with the aspire to perspire. Ask them to teach you their business that would be giving you millions, they will disappear and start talking capitalism.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Galactico4ever(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
As far as Nigeria,degrees Are just a stepping stone if u wanna make millions. i can tell u that my b.sc in bankfin has added little funds to my account
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

Now, imagine you studied this your dream course with happiness and focus in school and graduate with a good result just like you did in Soil Science, do you think you would have made such statement "if ur certificate still feeds u 10yrs after school, then u are a failure"?.

No! You won't. Because we both know what a good result in Med/Surg can do anywhere in the world. And please, stop saying you prefer business than being a qualified and professional medical doctor. cheesy

We know it's a lie.

A successful business gives more money and more free time than being qualified and professional medical doctor. There is reason we have some doctors establishing their own private hospitals now. Business, entrepreneurship. Simple

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by chewwie(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

I applied for medicine lol, my Jamb score was 198, I believe that was why I didn't get the course, my utme score was high 270, but lemme tell u, I will still prefer business to medicine even though it pays well.
Yes I was frustrated when I got the course but I came to understand how the outside world rocks thanks to this course.
Sometimes the best option is not the right option, we need a course that prepare us for the future not a course that prepare us to get a job.

Moreover soil science is a course u could easily secure a Job except u have no idea what the course entails then u can say anything about it
So your father paid school fees for you to study soil science... Lol! That man loves you. I wrote jamb 3 times before I finally got medicine. Fact is, globally, if it isn't medicine, pharmacy; STEM in general, the result is as good as useless.

2 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by chewwie(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

We know it's a lie.
That was what they were telling me when I was struggling with jamb and they were rushing to study philosophy and anatomy. How e kon be?
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Damitism: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
As a consultant in d medical field, they pay u 700-800k monthly, same with professor, but see ehn, business fit pay u 5mila, 10mila, 100mila if u want to ball high etc in a month.

I may not be saying this if I got my dream course because that course may not open my eyes and I'll still wallow in my stupidity.

People have passion for money o, no worry when u leave school, u go understand say money comes before profession.

See ehn, If u drop Otedola/Adeleke(multi millionaires) and Ben Carson(med doctor) , wake me up from deep sleep and tell me to choose one, I'll choose Otedola. Who profession epp?
Na money be fine bobo
You're wise.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by chewwie(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:

Na money be fine bobo
Which business really? Guy, there's nothing like a secure profession. A profession that you know will always be there. How many people entered into business hoping to be Gates, Bezos and Dangote? How many made it? And who says you can't practice medicine and do business at the same time?
And guy, my surgeons here in DELSUTH earn as high as 4 million monthly. Imagine practicing surgical medicine in the Middle East... Gawd!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Passionate655: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
see below
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by IkUKU01(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

We know it's a lie.
A very fat lie
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by mgdimagaladima(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
My degree certificate is for sale...
Class of Degree 2:1 ( Second class Upper division) school : University Abuja gwagwalada Course studied : Architectural science year of graduation : 2015

The certificate is very clean with NYSC Certificate
Price : One million Naira only (1M) negotiable
If u are interested Inbox me

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by JulieLarsen90: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Very much usefull!!
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by microlincoln: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
UrFears:
Mehn, am still in school, buh am earning more than the kind graduates dem, though I'm sure of coming out with my 2.1, I cant come and spend my time and resources in school for nothing, I ain't depending on that shit. My problem now is just to top up my tech skills, and work Remotely fulltime. My cert would just be for documentations. Am also on a scholarship, my GP earned me that, so the cert is important incase of necessity.
Please what tech skills can I leverage on to be like you. Thanks
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by olaarie(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
When people fail to get their heart desires due to their incompetence and failure. They try to discourage others.

dukeprince50:

Na money be fine bobo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by shizzy7(f): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Oga go and rest. Which dream is that?

You be Martin Luther King?
Dude just graduated in 2020, he is still sleeping 2 or 3 years later the dreams will begin.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Godformeeeeeee: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Even a tissue paper is more useful than my Bsc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Answer Script Of University Of Uyo Student / Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.