Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Should I Marry A Second Wife? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry A Second Wife? (6954 Views)

She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? / I Am 30yrs, Earn 35k A Month And Will Marry A Student In A Months Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by benitdavid: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
You don’t advise a man to marry a second wife. The decision must come from within

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by AbleBouncer: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
it sickens me how people wan make e happen first
before the learn.
am sorry for you and I pity ur wife
it is said,
He who finds a wife finds good things
the scripture can not be broken
besides behind every successful man is a praying
wife not some side chick.
if you dont heed our advice here when e happen you go see
everything you are seeing came at its time
and not because of some Lucky Charm woman .
dont hurt your wife by marrying a second wife
because you might not even know how she sacrifice
on her knee
on the other hand I think

that's just your village people playing with your destiny, dont dance to it ]
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Lamanii22(f): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ningen:
Well, It seems you only planned as far as “putting your penis into another woman”.

Actually, I pity your wife.

Dude, I read your post 3 times.
There isn't any atom of remorse for infidelity!

In fact you even tried getting rid of the mother of your children by sending her away. You subconsciously believe that the heavens have granted you licence to cheat and a happy ending awaits you. You are wrong.

Soon you'll dance to the tune & take responsibility.

I advice you confess to your wife asap.
Bare it out to her. Let her to decide to stay or not.

Be careful on how you break this news to her because you can easily drink from the wrong cup & fly to meet your ancestors. I hate your type.

He tried to get rid of the other lady not his wife...

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Ningen(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lamanii22:

He tried to get rid of the other lady not his wife...

I'll edit that part out. Arigato

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Lamanii22(f): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
merieam16:
u said God showed u a revelation? hmmm God cannot be mocked.

God cannot even be behind wickedness....

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Gracefulhope: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
You've made up your mind already
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by mrblessed(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lansense! What a pitiful way to extenunate your lack of character and self-control! Oga, nobody will stop you from getting a second wife, provided you have the means. Therefore, your so-called dream and the gibberish that supposedly fell out of the mouth of that merchant of the gospel are poorly crafted excuses to make you appear helpless and curry undeserved pity. Believe me, they are easy giveaways.

In any case, you don't need to conjure up these preposterous tales to make your canal desire of that wench a product of divinely-induced mandate to a better future for you. Since you have the means, parley with your wife and satisfy your sexual urge with boldness.
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by fatymore(f): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Eeyah.

The best thing is to marry her
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
That revelation is going to be the Genesis of your problems if you go ahead with your "funny" plans.
Your wife never mocked you when you had nada... don't pay her back with evil.
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by edrys(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
I can relate with your story... Some things are beyond comprehension for some. May God lead you aright.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Pnuggets: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
God will teach you .
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Stillthebest: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
kiss
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Potch: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
dontjuststop:
Hello Nairalanders,

I got married to my lovely wife on the 5th of March 2016 and we have a beautiful daughter together. Two years after the wedding I received a revelation from God through a dream that I will meet a lady that will change my life. I was scared when I woke up from the dream as I was newly married.

Fast forward to a year later I met this lady and we got talking. By then I had forgotten about the dream I had so we got talking and I wasn't really attracted to her at first. She fell in love with me almost immediately even though I disguised as a very broke person at first and I returned her gesture after which we got intimate but I made sure she knew about my marital status.

During the time I own a medium fruit juice and bottle water factory which was doing well. I noticed work began to improve at the factory and we started getting large orders from distributors all over the southwest. I struck a deal with a logistics company that provided us trailers to meet our distributor's target as we now sell thousands of packs daily. From there, I started buying lands and now have two estate projects we are now selling to recovers the spent on the project. In addition, I have started taking building and drainage contracts.

A year after we met, my wife started suspecting am seeing a lady outside the marriage and she confronted me which I obviously denied. Immediately I started scheming of how to get rid of her. In compensation for her services, I sent her to a country in Europe with the help of my travel agent, all expense paid by me just to make sure I get rid of her. After spending three months abroad, she reached out to me telling me she can't cope without me. I thought she was kidding then I dare her to return to Nigeria if she truly misses me which I thought she won't.

To my surprise, she returned to the country a week later and I was shocked as I couldn't believe my eyes. I was disturbed that I had to confess to my pastor what I did outside my marriage. He was visibly angry with me but after listening to my story he calmed down and prayed for me. After the prayers he said he would have asked me to marry her if I wasn't married yet. Then he reminded me of how he preached to me earlier not to marry
yet but I was blinded by love.

The most shocking part was when he told me God sent her into my life to bless me and she is behind all the blessings I was coming across ever since I met her and I decided that I shouldn't send her away unless she decides to leave by herself. I love my wife and I have sworn nothing will ever separate us but sometimes I think of marrying her but I don't know if I can handle the headache of having two wives. If I ever make the decision to marry her, I will build or buy her a house and tell her not to come near my family.

Am sharing this here so as to gather advise from people with experience in such matter. You are free to insult me as much as you like as long as you can add something reasonable to the discussion. I know I am not a saint, all I want is an advice.

Many Thanks!

The only problem I have with you is infidelity, which is a sin. Apart from that, nothing is wrong in a marrying a second wife. It is a 'White man' mentality. You could have informed your wife before going into that relationship. You dont need her permission anyway but she must be informed.

What works for mr A might not work for mr B. I have seen men who marry more than one wife and are happy and I also know of men who marry one wife and are living in hell.
Follow your heart.
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Freelane33(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Valid
benitdavid:
You don’t advise a man to marry a second wife. The decision must come from within
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Moneystopnonsen: 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Op ure a confirm mugu. You have this money yet not street smart.
You are probably a good donor to ur picker pastor, as a business pastor that he is, has heard the extent you went for this lady and knew it will be hard to convince you to do what is biblical, then he switched to be on the same page with you so that the money you give him won't stop.

Mugu I just pity your wife and kid who stuck with you when u were building life, before you disappoint them, this God that is too merciful will take ur life and your wealth will be passed to your wife. Nama
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by walex2(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
marry her as she will bring more good fortune for yuu, if yuu send her away your so called loving wife will abandon you, and none of those ranting here will give you a dime. the way of God is not our way, if two wives was a sin, Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Solomon ,David and the rest wouldnt have made heaven. dont tell me it was an old testament becuuse your pastor do quote malachai 3: 8to10 to collect tithe. tell me anywhere in the Bible that Jesus condemn marrying two wives, Paul only admonished in his letter to timothy that He who desire the post of a bishop should be a man of one wife. are you desiring to be a pastor? NO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Heavance(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
I am just here to learn.

See many people throwing insults, hmmmmm.
You have never been in a position where someone you can't chase is in your life..
You have never been in a position where you are living your dream and yet in a dilemma... But many are throwing insults because there is another lady in the op's life.

I am here to learn o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by 21cents: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by 21cents: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
By all means he's entitled to 4 wives Max. provided he's got the financial means to take care of them and the love is equally shared amongst all.

I don't understand why y'all are castigating him.
it's a man's world after all.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by MummyIMadeIt: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mystery9:
God after the coming of Jesus Christ has closed the door of marrying more than one wife

What the hell! Please can you back this up you said right here scripturally.
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by aameyah(f): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Na you Sabi. If you like, marry one wife. If you like marry 2 wives. Na you go suffer am. But if after the strange woman has wrung you dry and you fall ill with stroke, don’t let me see your two left legs looking for your long suffering wife to nurse you. If I am the one, I will land you a flying tackle on your neck.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Babythicksme17(f): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
I feel for your wife!marry that your side chicken and you back to square one!Sho lo mad nii,i pity your life since you can't keep that your pencil you call dick in one place. grin grin
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by gbeseun(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Send me her number pls.
I wan ask her for help urgently
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by jelel6: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Funny, even though my religion permits multiple wives for a man, I can't suggest the idea of multiple wives to anyone.

And certainly not to you because your reasons of visions, revelations, luck and love now is hogwash.

I believe you're a Christian. And as a Christian, I'm aware that your Bible and church only marries one man and one woman. At least that's what you guys believe Jesus ( or Paul ) commanded.

So, are you now saying God can't bless you until he reveals to you to marry another woman and break his other laws of 'one woman and one man'?

Did God forget his laws in the Bible or he's making an exception for you?

My guess is GOD revealed no shitt to you and neither did your pastor saw any best time for your marriage.

If I believe all the dreams and hallucinations I've had as revelations from GOD, Dangote would be my shoe shiner by now and Otedola my Gateman.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by samwash(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
@op, So God reveal the lady to you that will change ur life abi ? If I may ask
Is the so called lady working for you ?
Is she part of your business ?
So how does she change ur life ?
To be honest, even the devil can reveal things to man, did you test the power that works in you?
The devil is on a mission in your marital life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Belafonte(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Polygamy is no crime.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by slimprat(f): 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
The lady might be a blessing doesn’t mean she is your wife,like your dream you will meet a lady that changes your life doesn’t mean she is your wife.
Don’t deceive yourself just beg your wife because I know you would have being very aggressive rude,harsh on her because you believe she is not a blessing,every woman is a blessing it depends on how you seek your blessings.
This blessings you’re seeking do you seek it from your wife.what most people don’t know is that anything,anybody,anywhere you go in your life it’s destiny,God sees it all.
And for all guys try’s to always make a lady happy.
There are different types of woman,some people if you make them happy,you will be blessed trillions time,if you make them sad you will pay for it trillions .
Guy always be observant in relationships. Mr just try to make your wife happy ,don’t deceive yourself,if she is a person that understands tell her,if she is not don’t bother,just make things good at home and ask for forgiveness,tell God to forgive you.the other lady free her even if she doesn’t want to leave so that she can have her life,don’t be too greedy to spoil your beautiful home.
Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by just2endowed: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
The woman is
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Kenneygirl(f): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ningen:
Well, It seems you only planned as far as “putting your penis into another woman”.

Actually, I pity your wife.

Dude, I read your post 3 times.
There isn't any atom of remorse for infidelity!

You subconsciously believe that the heavens have granted you licence to cheat and a happy ending awaits you. You are wrong. Soon you'll dance to the tune and take responsibility.

I advice you confess to your wife asap.
Bare it out to her. Let her to decide to stay or not.

Be careful on how you break this news to her because you can easily drink from the wrong cup & fly to meet your ancestors. I hate your type.

I tell you, no ounce of remorse from him. How can you say you "love" your wife and confidently cheat with no iota of shame.
He forgot he can't eat his cake and have it.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Kenneygirl(f): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
Pnuggets:
God will teach you .
Did God teach him to cheat?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by acetylcholine(f): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
@Pubichairs...sharp guy. You no dey waste time at all.
Re: Should I Marry A Second Wife? by Budline1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Hmmn, this is a complex one..
Polygamy is not a crime, you can go for it but my major concern is your wife's reaction to it. Will she accept that? coz some ppl are so unforgiving and that could still ruin a lot of things..

Do more research about the new lady, is she really as good as u think she is? Or you're being manipulated (some ladies are very desperate these days)...be very sure of what u are about to go into..Be very careful here..

If your wife is cool with it, you may go for it if you have confirmed that new lady is truly a good woman.

Personally I'll advice you don't marry her coz I know your wife wouldn't want that...stop cheating on your wife, you may ask her to always remember you in her prayers tho..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Girls!... Is It That Bad? / Why? Why? Why? Why Do I Love Pussy So Much? / Hilarious: Guys Can You Use Any Of These Weird Underwear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.