Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,454 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

My Poultry Farming Experience! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farming Experience! (28650 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by TCRC: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
jaypeters57:
please what's your phone number?
check my bio
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Victornezzar: 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
TCRC:
contact me directly, for spec and prices
Why can't you post it here

Royruky contact Noeloge82

He has a good knowledge about this
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Royruky(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
Victornezzar:

Why can't you post it here

Royruky contact Noeloge82

He has a good knowledge about this

Thanks. I will do
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Victornezzar: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Royruky:

Thanks. I will do
U wlc
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Been quite a while here,
I used to hear people say that construction of a facility is not the hardest thing, the hardest is to furnish it,
Well we have been very busy washing, sanitizing, and air drying the entire chicken coop ahead of the coming of the chicks.

Today we went to get wood shavings and feeds,
So we have contacted @turks of PREEMAH AGRO and finalized business for chicks to be delivered within the week.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is the process of packing the wood shavings and the feeds,
We got 26 bags of feeds fully in our possession,
We bought hybrid feeds 20 bags, they didn't have enough and was completed with ultima 6 bags.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is the brooding house and the wood shavings have been fully spread out on the floor ready and waiting for the chicks arrival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Pappyjim: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
My brother i need to congratulate you on this milestones for the job wledone�!
I also plan to do something similar but don't really av much experience.
Pls hit me up on wassap to seek some advise: 08124904167. Thanks
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Victornezzar: 4:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Pappyjim:
My brother i need to congratulate you on this milestones for the job wledone�!
I also plan to do something similar but don't really av much experience.
Pls hit me up on wassap to seek some advise: 08124904167. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/2557877/xmas-broiler-broading-pictures/97#88858795

Go through this thread bro.... You'll learn a lot

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Pappyjim: 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thanks my brother�
Victornezzar:

https://www.nairaland.com/2557877/xmas-broiler-broading-pictures/97#88858795

Go through this thread bro.... You'll learn a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Garrywllm: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
nikaShow:
Great job !

Please keep and share records o, number of blocks, Dimension of building, number of cement e.t.c

And the costs too.

Op i would love to know all these, about to venture into same by next month by his grace
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2020
nikaShow:
Great job !

Please keep and share records o, number of blocks, Dimension of building, number of cement e.t.c

And the costs too.
For the building,
¶400.Blocks was bought
¶Dimension of the building: Length 33Ft, Width 16ft, it was further divided into: 25Ft for the main stay and 8Ft for the brooding room
¶Cement: 20 bags
¶Zinc: 100 roofing sheets
¶Wood: 11 3x4, 30 2x4, 50 2x2 (proline), 2 bundles of batting
¶Sand: One trip of Sand
¶Nails: 2 packets of Cap nails, 4 packets of cap nail gasket, 10 pounds weight of copper nails, 4 pounds weight of 1&half inch nails, 3 inch nails 10 pounds weight
¶Nets: One and half roll bundle of big hole wire mesh, One roll bundle of boko haram net (the very strong type)

I won't add prices of the materials and that of workmanship of both the carpenters and masonry, because prices differs largely from area to area (its largely area dependent).
I hope it's sufficient enough to point intending entrants towards the right direction!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Garrywllm: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
Youngext:

For the building,
¶400.Blocks was bought
¶Dimension of the building: Length 33Ft, Width 16ft, it was further divided into: 25Ft for the main stay and 8Ft for the brooding room
¶Cement: 20 bags
¶Zinc: 100 roofing sheets
¶Wood: 11 3x4, 30 2x4, 50 2x2 (proline), 2 bundles of batting
¶Sand: One trip of Sand
¶Nails: 2 packets of Cap nails, 4 packets of cap nail gasket, 10 pounds weight of copper nails, 4 pounds weight of 1&half inch nails, 3 inch nails 10 pounds weight
¶Nets: One and half roll bundle of big hole wire mesh, One roll bundle of boko haram net (the very strong type)

I won't add prices of the materials and that of workmanship of both the carpenters and masonry, because prices differs largely from area to area (its largely area dependent).
I hope it's sufficient enough to point intending entrants towards the right direction!

Thanks man
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 9:00am On May 06, 2020
Okay so yesterday we took delivery of our birds

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 9:47am On May 06, 2020
And we entered brooding immediately,
Gave them glucose in water first,
Then later mixed glucose + vitamins + antibiotics in their water to help them recover from the transit and handling stress,
And made sure their feeding trays were buoyant enough with feed.
You need to see how active and happy they are today!

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Escodeb(m): 10:39am On May 06, 2020
Why don't you use charcoal pot instead of lantern?
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 12:23pm On May 06, 2020
Escodeb:
Why don't you use charcoal pot instead of lantern?
There's charcoal at the side, we just didn't put it in the middle, because of the rubber carpet flooring to avoid it melting and probably causing fire which might in turn lead to a disaster.
We used the carpet flooring ontop of the woodshavings we earlier laid on the floor so as to make for easy monitoring of their faeces and cleaning as we couldn't get old newspapers around the vicinity of our farm for now.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Escodeb(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2020
Youngext:

There's charcoal at the side, we just didn't put it in the middle, because of the rubber carpet flooring to avoid it melting and probably causing fire which might in turn lead to a disaster.
We used the carpet flooring ontop of the woodshavings we earlier laid on the floor so as to make for easy monitoring of their faeces and cleaning as we couldn't get old newspapers around the vicinity of our farm for now.

I am just worried about the carbon monoxide (CO) & soot that would be produced by the lantern.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 11:41am On May 07, 2020
Escodeb:

I am just worried about the carbon monoxide (CO) & soot that would be produced by the lantern.
We started administering conflux today in addition to the antibiotics we have been administering from day one to keep those fume ingestion at bay from escalating to something hazardous.
Plus the breed we bought is the OBJ Marshall male line, and the marshals are known for their tolerance to heat and cold, meaning even if the heat isn't up to the needed temperature or the cold is prevalent, it would d still do well.
And we are aiding this resistance with antibiotics that has electrolyte as one of its component to help their body generate some temperature for itself.
So therefore, with the OBJ Marshal and the electrolyte, we have weather under control, with conflux we have fumes, cold and cough at bay!

I must confess, the birds have Alot of energy as they've been running around all over the place since we brought them in, and today being day3 we are already seeing difference in their weight and their white feathers are gradually coming out at the tip of their wings it's looking like they have good FCR, but let's see what they will look like after two weeks.

3 Likes

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Munzy14(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2020
Youngext:
Then later mixed glucose + vitamins + antibiotics in their water to help them recover from the transit and handling stress,
Nice one! keep it up.

I am concerned at your use of kerosene lamp, It gives room to CRD either now or in their growing phase.

Use block to raise you charcoal pot at the middle.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by friendlyrichi: 3:11pm On May 07, 2020
Youngext:

We started administering conflux today in addition to the antibiotics we have been administering from day one to keep those fume ingestion at bay from escalating to something hazardous.
Plus the breed we bought is the OBJ Marshall male line, and the marshals are known for their tolerance to heat and cold, meaning even if the heat isn't up to the needed temperature or the cold is prevalent, it would d still do well.
And we are aiding this resistance with antibiotics that has electrolyte as one of its component to help their body generate some temperature for itself.
So therefore, with the OBJ Marshal and the electrolyte, we have weather under control, with conflux we have fumes, cold and cough at bay!

I must confess, the birds have Alot of energy as they've been running around all over the place since we brought them in, and today being day3 we are already seeing difference in their weight and their white feathers are gradually coming out at the tip of their wings it's looking like they have good FCR, but let's see what they will look like after two weeks.

I must congratulate you for the success you have attained so far, I celebrate with you Bro.
But please keep us updated about the process involved as you progresses because I am following being that I needed to set-up a similar poultry within the shortest time. Thanks once more.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 4:41pm On May 07, 2020
Munzy14:

Nice one! keep it up.

I am concerned at your use of kerosene lamp, It gives room to CRD either now or in their growing phase.

Use block to raise you charcoal pot at the middle.
Okay
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:26pm On May 09, 2020
Good evening pals,
Haven't been able to add new posts here for some days now, maybe I was temporarily suspended, but I'm back now.
So today is day6 and we administered Lasota Vaccine to our chicks today,
They're all doing very fine, running around all the place and pecking at everything even (We) the people feeding them.
I must commend these OBJ Marshall Male line, they're really hardy birds, as none seem to have experienced any laxity yet, their white feathers starting being visible from day3, and some of them are already looking double the size we received them as. I must confess @Turks (PREEMAH AGRO) really did a good job sourcing the birds for us!

Our gratitude goes out to all well wishers who advised against using Lanterns to brood, N.B: This is a pilot project (our first ever experience with poultry) and we hope to expand.
So, we removed all the Lanterns and replaced with light bulbs of renewable energy (powered by power banks)

Feels good to be back, and we will continue giving you all timely updates!

3 Likes

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Osinachiadinma: 9:10am On May 10, 2020
Well done OP. How many chickens did you stock?
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Willie2015: 9:30am On May 10, 2020
Start working on buyers that will...
Offtake your birds at maturity ...
Very critical ...

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 1:21pm On May 11, 2020
Osinachiadinma:
Well done OP. How many chickens did you stock?
150 for a start
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 1:21pm On May 11, 2020
Willie2015:
Start working on buyers that will...
Offtake your birds at maturity ...
Very critical ...
Yes baba, we have been doing that, as so far, so good, the market looks very promising
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 5:19pm On May 11, 2020
So they are 6 days old today and they're already growing big, and loosing their baby chick feathers already, most of them have doubled their size from when we got them.

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by LORDSKULL: 7:10pm On May 11, 2020
Youngext:

Please I need real contact from OBJMARSHAL not repacked retailer. Or email address of them
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 9:07am On May 12, 2020
LORDSKULL:

Please I need real contact from OBJMARSHAL not repacked retailer. Or email address of them
The only contact I have is @Turks (PREEMAH agro)
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by LORDSKULL: 3:38pm On May 12, 2020
Youngext:

The only contact I have is @Turks (PREEMAH agro)

Is it address or salutations?
Are there in Facebook or Instagram something like that

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce / Agriculture/Farming Business In Nigeria / This Snake Threatening My Fish Pond Was Killed Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.