Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

My Poultry Farming Experience! - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farming Experience! (28433 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by zekepio(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Escodeb:

Ventilation is no longer good @ 5 weeks. You should move them outdoor (isolate the sick among them), they need fresh air from all the 4 sides and not heat (warm) at that age. I wish them quick recovery.
I will do as you've advised.
Thank you.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by pinkbarby: 11:38am On Jun 03, 2020
Available Farmland for sale @ N230,000 per acre located at Ballah, after Eiyenkorin, ilorin, Kwara State.
Call 08179347590, 08116891684

Note:
1. We measure farmland in acres
2. One Acre contains 8Plots (Kwara Standard Measurement)
3. The size of one plot is 100ft by 50ft
4. Other Farmers are already farming on it
5. Farms like Pawpaw farm, Cashew Farm, Poultry, fish farm, Rabbit Farm e. t. c
6. Security Officers are available on the farm

Documents:
Survey Layout and The MOU

Neighborhood:
Alhikmat University's Farm

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
zekepio:

They'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.
Ventilation is excellent. It's a big storage room with 2 windows. I created a cubicle for them at one of the sides so they can be closer to one another and stay warm.
I clean their litter everyday and put wood shavings for them.
Bro please stop clearing out their litter everyday, as this causes stress in the birds which in return causes weakness and might lead to degrading of their immune system.
You can clear them out just once a week, that's how I do mine and my litter is always clean

4 Likes

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
UPDATES!!!
Our older batch will be 5 weeks tomorrow

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
UPDATES!!!
Our new Batch will be 2weeks Tomorrow

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Escodeb(m): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Youngext:
UPDATES!!!
Our older batch will be 5 weeks tomorrow

What is their weight? They look small in the picture
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by temiyato(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Hello house, top on the morning to you all. Does palm oil work effectively in stopping fowlpox? How soon and how does it work .

Thanks and God bless.

I used pox off + ampiclox ( beecham ) for 5days for my turkey when two picked the disease.i mixed two capsules of ampiclox in 4litres of water + the required measurement of the pox off. The thing cleared on the 5th day.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by temiyato(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
God bless our hustle. All legit workers will read bountifully in jesus name.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by KingAzubuike(f): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
temiyato:

I used pox off + ampiclox ( beecham ) for 5days for my turkey when two picked the disease.i mixed two capsules of ampiclox in 4litres of water + the required measurement of the pox off. The thing cleared on the 5th day.
Thanks alot... How much did you get the pox off?
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by temiyato(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Thanks alot... How much did you get the pox off?

600 naira .

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by KingAzubuike(f): 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
temiyato:

600 naira .
Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
So today is weighting day again
At 5weeks and 2days

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
Some more!

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by gbemmytop(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
nice job op...
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by KingAzubuike(f): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
temiyato:

Thanks alot. Tho they eventually died. I found out they had the wet form of fowl pox which from experience and reading is usually deadlier than dry pox.

We move on. Thanks for the recommendation anyways.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by temiyato(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
What is wet pox ? Am new to the business though but sorry for ur loss. God will replenish u in 100 folds .
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Azarina: 3:11am On Jun 16, 2020
zekepio:

I will do as you've advised.
Thank you.

Please don't be discouraged,
Is the room mosquitoes free
Are they pouring water on the litter
Are they pecking very day
Give them fresh garlic, ginger and tumeric extract in the morning . Don't let the mixture stay longer than 24hrs. Then give water when they finish it. Finally efirin(basil) extract add cayenne pepper (ata gigun) in the evening. Ensure it doesn't exceed 24hrs. Follow this for 3days, light consistency not too thick
The fresher the better
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by zekepio(m): 6:47am On Jun 16, 2020
Azarina:

Please don't be discouraged,
Is the room mosquitoes free
Are they pouring water on the litter
Are they pecking very day
Give them fresh garlic, ginger and tumeric extract in the morning . Don't let the mixture stay longer than 24hrs. Then give water when they finish it. Finally efirin(basil) extract add cayenne pepper (ata gigun) in the evening. Ensure it doesn't exceed 24hrs. Follow this for 3days, light consistency not too thick
The fresher the better
Thanks for your advice.
The death rate has slowed down, only 1 died in the last week. They're now 19 from their initial number of 50.
I'm looking forward to selling them soon to Hausa men.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by chukwumexes: 12:32am On Jun 17, 2020
zekepio:

Thanks for your advice.
The death rate has slowed down, only 1 died in the last week. They're now 19 from their initial number of 50.
I'm looking forward to selling them soon to Hausa men.

Chai, so sorry �
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Good evening Nland Famz
Been a while here,
FARM UPDATES
So we sold the whole First batch over 100 chicken at an average weight of 2.5kg in 6 weeks and 3 days with some weighing 3kg+
I can authoritatively say it here that the OBJ marshals are a force to reckon with when it comes to giant broiler production!
It surprised us and every broiler farmer around, some even said we lied about their age, you all needed to see the size of these birds!!!

You know who work must chop na, we slaughtered and ate some to see the quality of meat we were producing and we were wowed at how lean the meat was (without any visible trace of fats) Turks of Preemah Agro, we cant say that you enough for your advice to go with this brand, it was a worthwhile experience and a very educative one too.

Mean while, our new set of 150 marshals are doing well and will be 4 weeks tomorrow (we will weight them and give live updates from farm)

We are also expecting 200 Agrited Ross308 tomorrow ordered through yours faithfully (Turks of Preemah Agro), and as usual will be giving timely updates here.

4 Likes

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
When you're good,
You don't talk much, but your deeds speaks volume on your behalf!

TURKS Preemah Agro, Heaven has your reward for being so good and trust worthy (despite the fact we have never seen physically).

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by dailynaijanews(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Youngext:
Good evening Nland Famz
Been a while here,
FARM UPDATES
So we sold the whole First batch over 100 chicken at an average weight of 2.5kg in 6 weeks and 3 days with some weighing 3kg+
I can authoritatively say it here that the OBJ marshals are a force to reckon with when it comes to giant broiler production!
It surprised us and every broiler farmer around, some even said we lied about their age, you all needed to see the size of these birds!!!

You know who work must chop na, we slaughtered and ate some to see the quality of meat we were producing and we were wowed at how lean the meat was (without any visible trace of fats) Turks of Preemah Agro, we cant say that you enough for your advice to go with this brand, it was a worthwhile experience and a very educative one too.

Mean while, our new set of 150 marshals are doing well and will be 4 weeks tomorrow (we will weight them and give live updates from farm)

We are also expecting 200 Agrited Ross308 tomorrow ordered through yours faithfully (Turks of Preemah Agro), and as usual will be giving timely updates here.
Hi OP, will you mind sharing how much you spent on this first batch and how much you gained from it? Just the cost of raising the animals, housing excluded.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
dailynaijanews:
Hi OP, will you mind sharing how much you spent on this first batch and how much you gained from it? Just the cost of raising the animals, housing excluded.
Spent 930 naira to raise each bird,
Sold each for 1,700 (Offtake price)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by joschars(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Youngext:

Spent 930 naira to raise each bird,
Sold each for 1,700 (Offtake price)

Hi OP, pls can u tell us how u administer drug to them from day one
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by gbemmytop(m): 7:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
Youngext:
Good evening Nland Famz
Been a while here,
FARM UPDATES

wow... Nice job Op! thanks for the update on this batch of broilers. Pls can you state the number of bags used to raise the 100birds up to week 6+
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
joschars:

Hi OP, pls can u tell us how u administer drug to them from day one
Thanks in anticipation.
Day 1: Glucose+Vitamins
Day 2-6: Amoxycol + Conflux + Amintotal
Day 7-8: Anticocci
Day 9: Vitamins
Day 10: Plain Water
Day 11: Gumboro
Day 12-13: Vitamins
Day 14: Cool, Clean, Plain Water
Day 15: Lasota
Day 16-17: Vitamins
Day 18: Clean water
Day 19-20: Anticocci
Day 21: Clean, Clean, Plain Water
Day 22: 2nd Gumboro
Day 23-24: Vitamins
Day 25-29: Conflox or Kenflox
Day 30: Cool, Clean, Plain Water
Day 31: Lasota
Day 32-33: Vitamins
Day 34-38: Clean, Water
Day 42: Wormazine
Day 43-45: Vitamins
Day 46-52: Superliv + Sangrovit

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
gbemmytop:

wow... Nice job Op! thanks for the update on this batch of broilers. Pls can you state the number of bags used to raise the 100birds up to week 6+
Roughly 14 bags
Hybrid Super starter (5 bags)
Ultima starter (9 bags)
I fed adlibitum (day and night)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by gbemmytop(m): 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Youngext:
Roughly 14 bags Hybrid Super starter (5 bags) Ultima starter (9 bags) I fed adlibitum (day and night)
Thanks.
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by dotunibrahim7(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yougext nice job,.. well done
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by dotunibrahim7(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Pls out of the 100 chicks you raised was there any mortality?
Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
dotunibrahim7:
Pls out of the 100 chicks you raised was there any mortality?
Yes below 10%, owning to aspergilloses

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farming Experience! by Youngext: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
UPDATES ON OUR SECOND BATCH (OBJ MARSHALS)!!!
Tell me, doesn't 1 month look good on them?

Shot out to Turks of Preemah Agro for supplying us such a healthy and fast growing birds as these!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Ebonyi Rice Farmers Helpless As Herdsmen, Cows Destroy Their Farms / The Abuja Rice Pyramids Are Being Dismantled - Bashir Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.