Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64708 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by guiddoti: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%
It isn't wages for labour. It is stipend for support. You can only make offering not tithes. And If you will pay 10% good but it is not mandated.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by pmoye(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
No wonder many of you are beggars everywhere. It's simply because you either don't have a brain or you have one that continually misfires.

Don't only pay the tenth, give all of it and then sell yourself into your pastor's slavery.

Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by sisisioge: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
AllforJesus7:

You are an executive. You don't need stipends.

Oga, we are all Nigerians and losing income at this time....plus I pay tax! So why not pay me too?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
PLEASE DO.
JESUS NEEDS YOUR MONEY TO SUB HIS GOTV.
Caps cheesy cheesy

You are one funny dude grin grin grin

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kem1659: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
vzabl9ggb5
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by elchapoo: 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
jmoore:

As usual evading the facts starring at his face.
Your pastor is not a levite. He is not a descendant of Levi.
Continue....

==================================

For those who missed the long explanation on tithes, check this thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama

Their pastor is not a levit but they will not accept the better truth. Even the levits work in the tent of God ended immediately christ said it is finished.the long curtain covering the holy of the holiest separated and ever thing inside there disappeared. That means our sins have been payed for once and for all including tithe which is payed once every year. There has been a means of exchange like money since tithing started but God's people didn't pay tithe with silver or money, It was done with food stuffs, animals and drinks... according to deut in the Bible God directed a tither to sell his tithe and use the money to buy whatever his soul desire including strong drink, that is if the road to where he is taking the tithe is too far. so initially tithing was not money...some where in the bible Paul was telling followers of christ saying "remember in time to come some people will step down from our faith and be telling all sorts of lies just to gain followers for their personal interest but I tell to always have in mind that I have never asked for your gold or silver, with my two hands I work for my need and for what I use to support some other brethrens"
Christianity is all about christ and if tithing is that significant in Christian life how come Peter, Paul, timothy, and the apostle's. Especially Paul who made gospel to reach the gentiles never asked for tithe,? even though they all died for their faith in christ.
In the book acts of apostle's when the evangelical work started, believers then volunteered to sell their personal belonging and bring the money to support the work of God,even a Levite sold his too to support. They didn't tithe. Because they know that office in that tent is no more and has been transferred to heaven, so Christ is now the high priest. If they most tithe, to who are they going to tithe if I may ask. Is it Peter, Paul, Mathew, Luke or Timothy?
my conclusion is, if attracting God love favour, blessings, riches and being strong believer all hovers around tithing, that means Christ died for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by okwusdidi: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
I am not saying that you shouldn't give to your church.But question is why did government give you the money in the first place.You did not earn it you were given because you are poor and need assistance during this trying times.The Church itself should be looking for a way to help its poor members like you.May be through appeals to its rich members to help the poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
sisisioge:

Oga, we are all Nigerians and losing income at this time....plus I pay tax! So why not pay me too?

grin grin grin grin
You don vex.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

Yes, he can.

But, he should give it to someone who really needs it, not those megachurches whose GOs have private jets and drive some of the most expensive cars on the planet.

If he wants to give it to a church, he should look for a small church around, and give it to the pastor there.

Best bet: give it to an orphanage run by a trusted organization.

He can also give it to charity. There are many donation sites which cater to the poor and endangered animals.

For me, an animal rights activitist, I give donations to (name has been removed for privacy purposes), but more of it to orphanages, especially those run by Catholic nuns.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dorox(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
jokerr:
you sound soo delusional

He is just a pastor doing his best to keep the flock in bondage.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kingtarget(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Temysteve(m): 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulusa lpt?
a lot of foodstuffs and many freebies..
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by NGELEBUBE: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
It’s just 10%
Sounds like a pathological idiot...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Tithe is 10% of ur earnings...is the 20k ur learning??

Meanwhile the bible said that tithe is for widows, orphans, motherless, levites, fatherless,, etcx
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by makydebbie(f): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulus?

Legit question.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by splashbaby(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.
Should we tell him the truth.... Tithe is a scam angry grin grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

stop asking us foolish questions.... Government says you ppl are the poorest of the Poor and yet you want to contribute to private jet... If they say you ppl are foolish you ppl will say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Akunwafor(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
Temysteve:
a lot of foodstuffs and many freebies..

My friend who's dad is an imam in a small mosque gave me N8,200 and a bag of semo.

How much did your church give you?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
pmoye:
No wonder many of you are beggars everywhere. It's simply because you either don't have a brain or you have one that continually misfires.

Don't only pay the tenth, give all of it and then sell yourself into your pastor's slavery.

sad , very sad.

I weep for these people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by splashbaby(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
It’s just 10%
Robbing Peter to pay Paul... You should tell him this
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
It’s just 10%
It is a gift not an income... criminal Christians
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kem2373: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
m7g9szwv5g
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by sisisioge: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
AllforJesus7:

grin grin grin grin
You don vex.

grin grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by gentlegenius(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.
He won't use it wisely... He will still pay 10% of what you gave him to that same church.
They've already washed his brain away.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by NGELEBUBE: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!
I almost called u a fool but...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Temysteve(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:

My friend who's dad is an imam in a small mosque gave me N8,200 and a bag of semo.

How much did your church give you?
good for you. You can't expect the church to do more than it capability....
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by stagger: 1:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Yes. My first tithe was 1,500. Today the annual tithe of one of our family businesses runs into millions.

The word of God is sure. Do your own bit, and God will bless you. If your pastors embezzle the tithe, God will judge them for it, but you still have your blessing. You still have your 90% out of which you can help others.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by letitrainnow(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes, u can.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Akunwafor(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Temysteve:
good for you. You can't expect the church to do more than it capability....

Oh really?

But the church expects you to do more and more everytime.

Pathetic.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jaszplus12(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

A cursory look at the Bible teaches us that tithe was paid ONLY by the Jews to the Levites only in Jerusalem and it was NEVER cash!
Sir, if you really want to know what the Bible says about TITHE...we can have a private chat. We can have an objective look at the topic from Bible study.
I'm expecting. Cheers
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by shineeye1: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Times are hard, right. But there are poorer people who did not get the #20k gift you got. Can't you recognize and appreciate that as an act of God and return glory to HIM? Put aside how tithe has been bastardized by many, it remains a central point of worship and service to God. Let no man deceive you, Christ is still seated receiving tithes of everything. Where then is Christ? Christ is in every neighbour by you, especially fellow faithfuls. Let no man deceive you, no church owner or founder is the custodian of tithes of the faithfuls. Christ is available everyday to you to receive your tithe . He is that needy and hurting neighbour by your side. It is expected of every faithful to release and return at least a tenth part of all he has gathered or received which must be applied in caring for those waiting on God. You fail the needy, you failed yourself and you failed your maker. Give tithe of all.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by madridsta007(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Is there any period that cannot be rationalised and explained as, "difficult"?
No. There is none. So do what your conscience allows you to do.
People, already set with what they want to do, ask questions as these in order to argue or validate their forethought decision.
I think this is a waste of time. Do what your conscience says, "do".

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.