Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64666 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by mabea: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
CioAngels:
Sorry my dear because your question should not have an answers. Why are we Christians sure a gullible sets of human being? Even if your pastor gives you food should you then pay tithe with the stipend money is groggily paid for you to feed from. Please don't pay.
My dear the God who told me to pay my tithe also instructed me to give to the poor.I'm not called to serve God by man's wisdom. It is an election of grace. So be wise in your own conceit and let me be in mine. ThereforeI'm not gullible
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Captainrambo2: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%
you guys have twisted wage to income continue
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by epini(m): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.
You can even give it all as first fruit.
Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

seriously?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
CAPITAL YES
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ahamefula2001: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
I hope after this outbreak we all learn a lot of things. It's unfortunate that at this point, some of us are still blind and still asking stupid questions.

Hopefully we dedicate time improving the things that matter and less time on tree of knowledge mutation conjured by the magicians of our time

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by micxwell(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion.
May God Bless You! You're wise cheesy. I've posted same on this forum many times. People still don't get it.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Coronavirus1: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
Yes pay it to your hungry naibour who are hungry around you
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Danniedpastor(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
OKOATA:
Pastor what’s the danger in not paying tithe.

Bros look at the brighter side.
Tithing won't take you to heaven or hell.
Pay attention to Jesus

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by AubreyFord: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
:-We are death to religion

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by afroxyz: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Why not give that money to a neighbour in need or support a health care worker. You want tobguvw church that has not helped you in lockdown
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by blowjohn(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
The smaller the money the smaller the 10 percent.
Just 2k? Money that as a guy u may blow on alcohol.
Use the 2k as tithe.
U will be blessed.
If u can survive on 20k, u should be able to survive on 18k.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Usorohtheman(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Actually, this tithing and prosperity message of today's churches are making the teeming members of the church to become morally bankrupt.
Give from the heart. But make sure you are wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by tomju(m): 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!
Go and do it in secret stop blowing your trumpet.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by rusher14: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
epini:
seriously?

Well, he did ask a silly question.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by sigiyaya(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%
You are completely mad!!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kokaine(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulus?
pastors will soon come for you. How dare you take away the veil from their peoples eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by CAPTAIN5000(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=OnPointMan post=88555570]

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me. grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by mabeni(m): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
i reserved my comment
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by piroskey94(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion.
wow! Thanks for this piece.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DavSagacity(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
Abeg help us ask am Oooo.... I know plenty rich churches here in Ogun State rich enough to share a bag of rich among 4 or 5 household. but alas.!! they have done nothing thus far to help not even the poor members among their congregation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Akunwafor(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kokaine:
pastors will soon come for you. How dare you take away the veil from their peoples eyes

There are a lot of people on this thread justifying tithing but none of them have been able to answer this question.

Akunwafor:
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by JastSiryin(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Questions like this have become redundant i swear. It comes from people who feel reluctant to give, but at the same time can't deal with the guilt of not giving.

My friend ask yourself if you've always felt "compelled" to give your tithe, or have always given of freewill. The first is borne out of guilt, and therefore can never be sincere. And the second can't be forced by any means,because it requires selflessness. Giving without expecting anything in return.

But guess what? Most humans always want something in return! And that's perfectly okay. It was why God gave incentives; promised to bless us, and so on...

By now you should know if all of those are true. From your own life there should be proof for your tithe giving. And honestly, if you feel there isn't, why give? Why waste money that could have been used for something else? You know quite well God doesn't need your money for his upkeep.

Don't be like those foolish people who drag their feet to the tithe basket and have to always convince themselves to give even though they'd rather not. Beacuse they can't bear to stand the constant gaze of God's disapproval(which of course is plain ol' guilt). So they console themselves with the "belief" that God must be blessing them, even though they can't tell for sure. But at the very least they're alive, right? grin

If you have to consult the church every time in order to know what to do with your money, it means you're confused. That's the plain truth. Because next week it could be "my friend dashed me 5k,should i pay tithe?"

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by McCoy662(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
All religious addicts are just bloody cowards!!
If I have the opportunity, I will steal from the offering box self. Tithe ko thieves no!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by KoolSpade: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
My brother if u wan pay u pay if u no wan pay no pay. We way never see nko wetin we go talk

Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by scriptures01: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
femi4:
Tithing is not sacrifice, so using cain and Abel as a case study is over the bar

Bringing sacrifices unto the Lord can be done anytime and everytime

Tithing develops and tests our faith. By sacrificing to the Lord what we may think we need or
want, we learn to rely on Him. Our faith in Him grows.

Tithing is indeed a sacrifice which teaches us to control our desires and passions for the things of this world.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ezmans: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

give them all as first fruits, MUMU
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes, you can even give all to the church.

Am not a Christian o, but I want to know does pastors also paid tithe?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
sisisioge:

They really paid 20k into people's accounts? Wow! I'm in Nigeria and didn't get anything o.

You are an executive. You don't need stipends.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ezmans: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Victorblaze14:
see people oh, money that you have not seen,they said that they will start paying Lagos this week,, yet nothing nothing..you dey believe their scam
His pastor have reset his brain to sokoto so he can't tink well again
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
OP , this biblical verse is for you;
James 1:5

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.