Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64641 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Danniedpastor:

Bros, nobody is going to force you to tithe.
Stop looking for cheap opportunity to ridicule the church Of God.

And always know that tithing is a personal thing.

Pay if you believe. Don't pay if you don't believe because that's even dangerous.
I'm a pastor and I hardly talk about tithe .
Our God is not hungry.

Stay blessed

God bless and enrich you sir for dis wonderful piece. Most of them are children of the devil or Muslims who are looking to ridicule the church. If not, why come on Nairaland to ask dis stupid question on a Sunday morning?

But they are just trying a failed project. The church of God cannot be ridiculed and the gates of hell cannot prevail.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Most of them are not Christians, they just post to drag the Church
Even Millions of Nigerias that go to church and even pay tithe are not Christians ( Christ like) most of them are just church Goers and followers of pastors
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kingsley123456(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
What qualifies us for the stimulus collection pls,
It's doesn't look like anyone has gotten it in Ekiti State where I am
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by rihzon(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=rusher14 post=88551299]Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

Na wa oh. So he should give it as first fruit and expect a second fruit from Germany Abi?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Well, since it's your first stimulus package, give it all as first fruit. Then when you get another stimulus package, you can pay tithe from it.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ajsmart(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Why not, if you’re stupid and foolish enough to.

Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Saintvik:

Our God is not hungry yet most pastor even in my church force members to pay. Lets leave this thing. Our God is never hungry and will never force anyone to pay tithe. It is pastors that are greedy and hungry that are all out for it. Tithing is on ones believe.
Since you know the pastor of your church is hungry and greedy, why don't you leave the church and find a better church to attend or is he also forcing you to attend the church?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by zorani(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Pay it all as a first fruit. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Pharaoh350s(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2020
Pay
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by peeps4u: 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

I sincerely believe a lot of us practise Christianity as a custom or just tradition or just not to appear controversial to people.
If your neighbour has been paying tithe and truly believes it is a way to blessing as pastors have made you to believe, why does he need to ask if he must pay tithe from the 20k palliative? Is your neighbour tired of tithe blessing?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Those who created Gov and God did so in order to earn Tax and Tithe.

Create humanoids, give them illusion of earthly leadership and heavenly governance then tax and tithe their asses.

Then later on, when they start waking up, launch a plague from virus signature frequency spectrum to generate fear and control them with IoT all seeing eyes anyway with a Luciferan experiments.

There is God in a real world, this is a simulation of the real hence we are Gods here now.

Keep your money in your pocket otherwise Gov men or God men will help you keep it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by biggie73(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
The decision is yours. The 20k stimulus package is not a taxable income.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
ORBLIGHTS:

NO! NO! NO! WHAT YOU GIVE TO THE NEEDY AND POOR IS NOT TITHE, PLS DON'T MISS THINGS UP.
So please what is tithe? And please relate it to the new testament specifically after the death of Jesus
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by vertueptime: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Pls give the church everything, they need it more than u

Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Unrated900:
Why mocking tithing
Stop seeking attentions
Go to hell with your tithe
cc: Mavrick2012
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by PeacenLove2: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mumunideen, please go and pay your tithe before you start another nairaland gobe hia. U fit increase your own to 50% so your blessing will increase by 50% too. Better still give everything to your pastor ... sorry church. I know say God no dey spend money, na man need am.

God bless you, breethren. grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by elmas(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
Please tell us how to apply for the stimulus funds
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Forlardara(m): 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
If you can be honest with yourself for once, you are NOT ready to part with a dime from the 20k. If not, you won't come to Nairaland asking both Christians and Muslims if you should pay tithes. If one Mallam now says that you should pay it, do you think it's acceptable?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by raddyworld: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.

When people don't understand the essence of an act we tend to argue it out of ignorance. Bro u are such a wonderful person with that attitude of love to your neighbour. But may I ask Many people here. WHAT DID U UNDERSTAND BY TITHE?
WHY DID GOD SAID WE SHOULD PAY TITHE IN OLD TESTAMENT?
WHO ARE THOSE TO COLLECT THE TITHE?
Did God make any of his commandments by force?

Tithe is the tenth percent of ur income.
Tithe was paid to the house of God so that there can be meat in God's house and not that God will come and eat ur meagre amount that u think without it church and pastors can not exist.
The meat are for those that labour in God's house without another Job.
Mind you when u give something to God it is an avenue for him to bless u more and preserve the rest.
Lastly if you decide not to pay Na ur palava God doesn't need ur money before he can bless his prophet and build his church.
Go and read the story of Elijah and the shunamen woman.
Those they said not to pay. Are like Pa jimoh who harvest maize from his friends farm bcus it was given to him and was told that for him to harvest like him he should sow small seed out of the maize that was given to him. But he was angry complaining that ground will eat out of his seed. And by that he continue with his system of life. But he that heed have more seed to harvest. It is because God declare that the ground should be fruitful. God doesn't eat ur small maize. It just want it to pass such process .
By this I will advice that bro to pay and leave those who think they are smart with only 10%.
What you can't give God is your God. And Hebrew 11:6 says....without faith it is impossible to please God.
I rest my case
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijichris: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ur so called man of God will use it to drink beer, j people should wise up
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Horlufemi(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes, you must give it all as first fruit as it is the first stimulus package from government.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by tallceejay(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
I ask you this day, do you want to be blessed from this 20k you received?
Do you want to be blessed during this difficult time? If the answers are yes, then pay the 2k as tithe.

Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by abike12(f): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Alabosi ni e. If you had any tithe to pay you won't come here to be asking question on top 2k.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by MilestoneLib(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Run your Plagiarism test and Reduction, Get professional Thesis writing, Run your Data analysis, Get irresistible proposals and Project Topics, Publicize your Journals and write your Articles and so on with MILESTONE RESEARCH CONSULT..Call us on +2348158168334 or whatsapp us +2348098485027. Professionalism is what you need.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by backbone503(m): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
Give it to your neighbour or someone around in need.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by CrudeSon: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

Only learned can fully understand what your meant grin grin
I hail oh!!!
Religion no go kee them,mumu cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kiddinpoh(m): 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

Premium sarcasm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by craleonic: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Give it to a needy person though, and not to any pastor.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by JeffreyLiaison(m): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
jmoore:

As usual evading the facts starring at his face.
Your pastor is not a levite. He is not a descendant of Levi.
Continue....

==================================

For those who missed the long explanation on tithes, check this thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama

My brother, thank you for that thread, I just learnt many things at once

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OriOko88(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Christians are just too stupid
Koni daa fun e
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by akinthehealthed(m): 2:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes o
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by IamgratefulLord(f): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
Pay y0ur tithe dear! No man can Rob God!! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.