Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64762 Views)

Enenche: Rice In My House Kept Increasing After My Wife Paid Tithe From It / Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
you lack understanding in spiritual issues.
Your brain is totally empty on this issue so you better keep quiet .
do you have to insult me? you can just put me through if you think I'm not right,we learn everyday.God bless you
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Therapyken(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
True christians do not pay tithes. Heb. 7:5,11,12.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dingbang(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
beardlessdude:
foolish bastard idiot dog cutehector, you neva die?
Just so you know I can have you banned for life.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OB7Foreva(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
You gats chop 1st
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by obinnanvene(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes. You have to pay tithe of it.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Alezy(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion.
God bless you brother
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Akpacha(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Most of them are not Christians, they just post to drag the Church
Ur stupid pastors are making more mockery of the church than those, that post on their reckless lifestyles.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kakamorufu(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.
he go still pay tithe from that money u gave him.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Adgideon(m): 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
pay and be blessed
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Adgideon(m): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
pay and be blessed
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Megaideas(f): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
IRRELEVANT QUESTION!!!

IF YOU WANT TO PAY, PAY; IF NOT, LEAVE. The reason you brought it here isn't it to castigate the gospel? What exactly are you expecting to be told here?

I smell hypocrisy here my dear.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijokz(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Joshforeal:
The most important thing you gave him is knowledge. Remain blessed Sir/Ma. If he likes let him continue building Daddy GOs account balance and neglect his own.
Exactly! Knowledge and understanding are very powerful assets. He was grateful.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Onlyonebuhari: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Oya na give your Pastor using jets all the money while you die of hunger. You don't think of giving your relatives from the money so that it can benefit them. You are talking about Nigerian useless Pastors that can't give back to tithes payers.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by toprealman: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Your next door neighbour will get back to you with an answer. A neighbour said her neighbour's neighbour's friendly neighbour said so.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Onlyonebuhari: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
They are flying jets u are flying in poverty yet u want to donate money meant for food to those u eat turkey everyday. Don't you know Nigerian Pastors are scammers? In what way have they given back to tithes payers during this trying times?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Bruno3000(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Christians are just too stupid
Not all christians
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by seangy4konji: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Church self no give you stimuli but you can give church stimulus
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kayzeesoft(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Go and give to those who don't have.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijokz(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
alexsoftwork:

Bro u no help am oo. U for no give maybr him eyes go open.
After this whole covid-19, he is still not going to learn.
I felt sympathy for his family and had to assist. I believe he learnt a lot from our conversation and hope he applies it.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

Not only did this never happened but a fictional tale poorly written for the broke adheres of the 'No tithe' group of company
When you are blessed enough , you won't debate tithing
When you are blessed enough you won't debate God's blessings... And it is not tied to tithing.... Church criminals
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by MedoUnboxing(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Is the government giving 20k?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Pressure8764: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
see below

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijokz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
JustAPhase:

Hope you helping arms isn't for friends alone?
You can as well help a stranger like me o.
#runsout o.
No yab me o
When I assist, I help anyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, familiarity, age and gender.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!
You can support the work of God without tithing...you can support the work of God with voluntary Giving...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ronzy1990(m): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
First of all, did u get any stimulus package from FG?.... Don't make us argue for nothing.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by loswhite(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

First you must a relationship with the author of tithing - God.
He will explain himself to you and in every way you desire. He doesn't need your money o and he still doesn't instead he calls you to fellowship and obedience .

In summary to have a better understanding about tithing -ask Jesus into your life and he will teach you.
Even Jesus reminded us that tithing is not a weightier matter...lol... But you Christian criminals find a way to still say otherwise
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by mceze(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

Keep on deceiving yourselves with this tithe nonsense..Religion is scam.. Churches are business centres..
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Sniper101(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
OP

Cut that crap about you hearing a neighbor asking a neighbor in your neighborhood.

I believe you're the one asking this very absurd question. if it's to gain traffic or popularity, I don't know and I don't care to know.

But lemme just ask you this...

If you have the intention of calling on the services of a lovepeddler for a meagre sum of 5k out of your supposed 20k, would you have come here to seek for our suggestions first?

Since tithing has to do with the Church, an Atheist like yourself just decided to come belittle tithers a little by coming here to ask such a dumb question that every good 'Christian' knows the answer to.

May God have mercy on YOU... angry
...as you try growing up grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by chijokz(m): 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mrpojj:

He could still pay tithe and still save 10% if he wants
I told him tithing is not a Christian doctrine but Giving is..I've never tithed but I give and help the needy and the less privileged just like I gave him some assistance to feed his family.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kay25(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

is the 20k real at first and which state prove that first
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by eazykolobo(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

The 20k is barely enough for that neighbor or anyone to survive on during this unprecedented times. It makes no sense that if that neighbor still 'pays' 2k to his pastor and then turns around after a week to seek for financial assistance from others.
so that 2k wey him wan pay naw, will make him not need financial assistance in weeks to come abi.....life is simple ND short. He(God) first give us before we give back. Get wisdom ND in all ur gettings, get understanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Michael Job (Jesus In Kenya) Death Rumour / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.