Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Wives And Submission To Their Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives And Submission To Their Husband (5207 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Wife Stabs Senior Wife To Death In Ondo Over Sex Turn With Their Husband / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne2: 12:39am On Apr 26, 2020
merahki:

You have got to be freaking kidding me right now
shocked
I told you before, there is something affected about your posts. Let me just hope you are putting up a front. Because if this is truly you? Then I just don’t know what to say at allcheesy

Put up a front that women should choose their husbands well? undecided

Or a woman is too infantile to take responsibility for her own choices? Or was she forced to marry a man?

Girls unfortunate to be in cultures where they are forced to marry in their teens are even more emotionally intelligent than so called 30s who have 'flexed', 'seen' it all and 'made' all the money.

Abi a woman chooses a good man and he turns up drunk and a cheat one day. The wife would not analyze what went wrong first? undecided

We don't have same guiding principles so 'my posts might seen affected to you.'

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 1:05am On Apr 26, 2020
bukatyne2:

Or a woman is too infantile to take responsibility for her own choices? Or was she forced to marry a man?

Girls unfortunate to be in cultures where they are forced to marry in their teens are even more emotionally intelligent than so called 30s who have 'flexed', 'seen' it all and 'made' all the money.

This is a huge downplay of the problem of child marriages in the world. And to prove what?

You say they are unfortunate and forced. How can this ever be a good thing?

I think you lumped this together with the kind of marriage system contracted in the olden days, where the families come to discuss about their kids. But don't leave out the fact that these kids liked each other first, from afar without zero contact. These one are emotionally intelligent because they started working at 15, 16, learnt values earlier in life and mature quickly because of the extended family ties and other positive factors. E.g, parents could pick a spouse for their wards because they were, well, PARENTS. In every sense of the word. Now times have changed and people are finding themselves independent of those who gave birth to them.

But such successful cases of early marriages are few.

Abi a woman chooses a good man and he turns up drunk and a cheat one day. The wife would not analyze what went wrong first? undecided

Your initial post blamed the woman for the change in the man's behaviour. Like, he doesn't have any morals or principles guiding him. Anything going wrong is automatically the woman's fault.

You can't also conclude that the woman isn't doing/hasn't done anything to salvage the marriage.

It's not her job alone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 26, 2020
What do you mean by submission? How is it in Nigeria? Is the wife showing signs of submission, bowing, doing all domestic things, cooking and serving. Should she give to her husbands all she owns? Her family inheritance, her house, her salary, her savings?
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by cococandy(f): 5:41am On Apr 26, 2020
bukatyne2:

The wife can analyze what went wrong first. That’s sensible. However, what went wrong may not be explainable in a simple language that either of them understand. Their life might just be going well as it had always been from the beginning yet one of them will become a drunk and a cheat. Life is more complex than Nairaland back and forth posts.

It doesn’t mean that she did it, as was implied by your first post asking what she did to turn him into a drunk and a cheat.
bukatyne:
Why would you marry a cheat and a drunkard?

And if he was perfect before you got married, what did you do to turn him to a cheat and drunkard
I thought we agreed on personal responsibility.
The same way married women are supposed to be responsible for their actions and choices and the consequences thereof , so should their men.

6 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 26, 2020
merahki:

Darling, you need to flex your wings, discover yourself, travel, earn a living/make your own money, get a degree, and another, form your own independent opinions and grow, before you start thinking about getting married. I tell you this as if you were my younger sister. But alas, marriage cry
You want to have all your kids before 30? Okay shocked lipsrsealed
Anyway it’s your life, and good luck.
what if I've acquired or in the process of acquiring some of the things you listed?its a good thing to marry early if you have achieved some things quite early enough as a lady.Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by alex4nj(f): 7:32am On Apr 26, 2020
WIVES, YOU SHOULD ADDRESS YOUR HUSBANDS AS "SIR"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23D5baxOio0

Please, go watch, and, tell us what you think.
And, Please, don't forget to Subscribe to the Channel�
THANK YOU!❤
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Omar09(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2020
Relationship and marriages today fail not because there's no love (in true fact love is just an illusion) or there's no compatibility (tho compatibility has its role tho), it fails because both parties are switching roles. No one wants to play there role because one thinks one's role is less deserving than the other's role.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by doitforyou(f): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
cococandy:

The same way married women are supposed to be responsible for their actions and choices and the consequences thereof , so should their men.
You missed the memo, apparently, wives are to blame for the bad actions of their husbands, because they chose them. It’s the new theory floating around on NL. Nothing new, it’s just another iteration of victim blaming, another way not to take responsibility for their actions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by fuzzywuzzy: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
cococandy:

It's like you don't know the person you are talking to
In her mind personal responsibility only applies if a woman is at fault. If the man is the one doing rubbish then the wife should be blamed.

6 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Omar09:
Relationship and marriages today fail not because there's no love (in true fact love is just an illusion) or there's no compatibility (tho compatibility has its role tho), it fails because both parties are switching roles. No one wants to play there role because one thinks one's role is less deserving than the other's role.

If I ask you to bring a data backing this claim up now. . . undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Graxie(f): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
The more she tries to please her audience, the more stupid she appears. I keep wondering if it has to do with upbringing or something else. I can't believe a person can be this stupid. It's unfortunate, you can imagine such a person dishing out marital advice to troubled couple. The woman in such scenario will be depressed forever. May we never find ourselves needing counsel from damaged beings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
I agree with you. grin grin grin intelligence and maturity has got absolutely nothing to do with age, even the teen she engaged in an argument is 99times smarter than her.
Graxie:
The more she tries to please her audience, the more stupid she appears. I keep wondering if it has to do with upbringing or something else. I can't believe a person can be this stupid. It's unfortunate, you can imagine such a person dishing out marital advice to troubled couple. The woman in such scenario will be depressed forever. May we never find ourselves needing counsel from damaged beings.

3 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne2: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Magnoliaa:

1. This is a huge downplay of the problem of child marriages in the world. And to prove what?

You say they are unfortunate and forced. How can this ever be a good thing?

2. I think you lumped this together with the kind of marriage system contracted in the olden days, where the families come to discuss about their kids. But don't leave out the fact that these kids liked each other first, from afar without zero contact. These one are emotionally intelligent because they started working at 15, 16, learnt values earlier in life and mature quickly because of the extended family ties and other positive factors. E.g, parents could pick a spouse for their wards because they were, well, PARENTS. In every sense of the word. Now times have changed and people are finding themselves independent of those who gave birth to them.

3. But such successful cases of early marriages are few.

4. Your initial post blamed the woman for the change in the man's behaviour. Like, he doesn't have any morals or principles guiding him. Anything going wrong is automatically the woman's fault.

5. You can't also conclude that the woman isn't doing/hasn't done anything to salvage the marriage.

6. It's not her job alone.

1. How did I downplay child marriages when I even said they were unfortunate? Or does unfortunate have another meaning?

2. I am talking of child marriages as it happens in the North. Not cultures where teens get married.

3. Do you stats to prove that marriages contracted between young people are prone to divorce more than older people?

4. Did you follow the convo? The lady said it is difficult to submit to a drunkard and a cheat. Hence my question to her: Why did she marry one? And if she did not marry one, what did she do/contribute to make him one or simply put, what happened?

5. At NO point on this thread did I even assume that.

6. 100% agree with you; I did a thread recently comparing a Christian husband to Christ and I have always been very vocal that I hold men and women to same standards/morals. When men post their issues here, I address them; when wives post their issues, I also address them and teach women to be responsible for their choices. Which is why my threads are majorly to women and what to look out for. I still remember a thread recently on women differentiating between the men that worth them and the men that want them.

Let me also make it clear that I speak to Christians. Non-Christian couples can do as they deem fit (I am not saying only Christian marriages work before another dimwit quotes me).

4 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne2: 4:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
alex4nj:
WIVES, YOU SHOULD ADDRESS YOUR HUSBANDS AS "SIR"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23D5baxOio0

Please, go watch, and, tell us what you think.
And, Please, don't forget to Subscribe to the Channel�
THANK YOU!❤

I watched 5mins plus grin

I find the lady having issues calling the husband 'sir' because he is not her boss cringe worthy.

While a boss and a husband/wife are in two different spaces, your spouses deserves your highest regard/respect.

And the guy is short so wants to enforce 'sirship' to make up for his height. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Omar09(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Magnoliaa:

If I ask you to bring a data backing this claim up now. . . undecided

I'd bring all the failed relationships in the world.
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by cococandy(f): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
I understand people being pissed.

But I’ve been on NL for a really really long time. That’s not my original impression. So I reserve my displeasure or lack thereof due to personal reasons.

fuzzywuzzy:

It's like you don't know the person you are talking to
In her mind personal responsibility only applies if a woman is at fault. If the man is the one doing rubbish then the wife should be blamed.

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
@Titi03,

Thanks for your concern, I don't take online too seriously to have enemies.

I only have same or opposing views with monikers and as long as there are no insults to my person, I am good.

So your posts were deleted and the other posts by dimwits to me on this same thread was not?

Interesting. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Kuns84(m): 8:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
Heiterkeit watching below again at the mention of cococandy's name.

3 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 8:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
bukatyne2:

1. How did I downplay child marriages when I even said they were unfortunate? Or does unfortunate have another meaning?

By saying a teen forced into child marriage is emotionally intelligent. You can Google the adverse effects of such marriages on the emotional wellbeing of a child. It stunts their education and development.

You compared that to and say it's greatly better than women having choices.

2. I am talking of child marriages as it happens in the North. Not cultures where teens get married.

So are those young girls in the North emotionally intelligent?

3. Do you stats to prove that marriages contracted between young people are prone to divorce more than older people?

I was referring to the olden days(which I thought you were making reference to). Family life was simple and so, their marriages. Some were 'successful' (and longer) according to their terms.

The majority of child marriages aren't successful, they don't have to end in divorce.

And in present times, even younger people divorce more than older people. https://www.wf-lawyers.com/divorce-statistics-and-facts/
There's a lot of extensive studies you'll have to dig through... This is just one. I'll share some screenshots below.

4. Did you follow the convo? The lady said it is difficult to submit to a drunkard and a cheat. Hence my question to her: Why did she marry one? And if she did not marry one, what did she do/contribute to make him one or simply put, what happened?

How are you so sure SHE did something/contributed to his decline? If you'd asked what happened originally, that would have been balanced.

5. At NO point on this thread did I even assume that.

The man is a cheat and a drunkard, and you blamed the woman for what she did to turn him that way. I'm saying what if she'd tried to get him help? What if she'd tried to find ways to deal with his infidelity?

6. 100% agree with you; I did a thread recently comparing a Christian husband to Christ and I have always been very vocal that I hold men and women to same standards/morals. When men post their issues here, I address them; when wives post their issues, I also address them and teach women to be responsible for their choices. Which is why my threads are majorly to women and what to look out for. I still remember a thread recently on women differentiating between the men that worth them and the men that want them.

I understand. I choose whatever man I want (based on what he does/how he is). I can choose to continue being with same man no matter how he acts, that's me accepting the 'consequences' of my choice, but there's no where am I making that man be who he is. He's what he is independent of me, and I choose to be with him. I may influence or inspire him and all that, but he's solely responsible for his actions.

Let me also make it clear that I speak to Christians. Non-Christian couples can do as they deem fit (I am not saying only Christian marriages work before another dimwit quotes me).

Well, you posted on a forum with diverse people having different mentalities...

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Omar09:

I'd bring all the failed relationships in the world.

bring it
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by crackland: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
@Merahki
Now you I can dialogue with.

Leave Bukatyne alone na, woz your own? grin
Tell me, lol

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by crackland: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
Kuns84:

Fuzzywuzzy is ran by coco.candy. Plain and simple!
This is doubtful. cheesy

I just went through the post history of the Fuzzywhatever. Since Dec 2 2019, about 98% of its posts have been directed towards Bukatyne - sometimes quoting her directly, other times throwing subs.

It's definitely an alternate handle run by someone with something very personal against Buka which is why I believe it may not be the person you're thinking.
But I have a very fair idea who it might be - FountainofLittlelois cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? / Pls, Advise Needed On Mother In Law / Some Akwa Ibom Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.