Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight (31191 Views)

Obaseki: We Fought Edo Local Godfather, We'll Fight Real One Disturbing Nigeria / Obaseki: We Are Not Moving To PDP Yet / Obaseki: We Will Deal With Imported Thugs And Their Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Luckydubby7(m): 3:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State says the state government has spent over N1billion to curtail the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.

Speaking in Benin during a live briefing on the virus by the State Response Team on Sunday, Governor Obaseki reiterated his administration’s commitment in ending the scourge of the virus in the state.

“The government of Edo State is leading this battle from the front. We have already spent over N1billion of our limited resources so far on this fight.

“We have constituted the Edo State Fund-Raising Committee which is made up of our sons and daughters who are captains of industries, religious leaders, traditional rulers to help us galvanise efforts at mobilizing resources to beef up the state government’s response to this pandemic,” he said.

According to him, the decision of the state government to review the partial lockdown imposed on residents was borne after reviewing the COVID-19 tests carried out on suspected cases.

While calling on residents of the state to support his administration’s efforts in fighting the virus, the governor appealed for donations by spirited individuals and groups.

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki holds a love briefing on COVID-19 by the State Response Team in Benin on April 19, 2020.
Also, he wants the people to reach out to what he descried as the most vulnerable in the state, so as to cushion the hardship that may arise from the lockdown order.

Obaseki believes that doing so will prevent catastrophe in the society, while maintaining dignity of those affected.

Speaking further, the governor noted that the state is on the verge of conducting 1,000 cases arising from the coronavirus.

He believes that for the state to win the battle against the virus, the people should regularly wear their face masks.

The state government also asked the citizens to maintain regular washing of hands and maintain social distancing always.
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/19/we-have-spent-over-n1bn-in-covid-19-fight-says-obaseki/

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:07am On Apr 20, 2020

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by ignis: 3:13am On Apr 20, 2020
This looting government will always use evert opportunity available to loot public funds. They have sent 1 billion naira when we have not even started.
Upside down integrity to the gullible.

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 20, 2020
THIS ONE JUST WEAK MY BLOOOOOD 1billion what!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
I dedicate my #FTC to all those affected by covid-19 especially Abba kyra and the bmo crew on nairaland make una #stay_safe

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by nitrogen(m): 3:17am On Apr 20, 2020
Wawu!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by clevvermind(m): 3:29am On Apr 20, 2020
lie kill you there. What nonsense.

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by alexsoftwork(m): 4:04am On Apr 20, 2020
What a heartless liar. My guy preparing for election.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by BerlinGado(m): 4:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Oshe baddest

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Melezenawii: 4:40am On Apr 20, 2020
grin grin grin angry grin grin angry angry angry angry angry
Shameless liar

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerian politicians will always steal public fund even if the money is dedicated to okija shrine.
Imagine this nonsense claim. angry

177 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Mysticwebb: 4:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Of course we know. It was expected. Keep writing down the figure as it drops down in your mind. Remember Orji Uzor Kalu, in the fullness of time you shall pay him a visit and stay back there to receive some correctional lessons.

73 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by pyyxxaro: 4:53am On Apr 20, 2020
If you’ve spent 1billion , it means Lagos has spent 50 billion

Worwor man

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by caprini1: 5:00am On Apr 20, 2020
Onye oshi !

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 20, 2020
I laughed when I saw the news yesterday

How much Lagos go con say dem spend?

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:14am On Apr 20, 2020
Good avenue for the treasury looters. Weldone.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Activistman(m): 5:24am On Apr 20, 2020
Covi-idiot man.

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by dayleke: 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Dem don start....

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by handie(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Lol. This man na scam. 1 billion? On what exactly? I've always known Obaseki to be a scam. He's just validating that assertion of mine. Even Relief materials were politicised and na only people wey know people get something. My dad is a party leader in his ward and this was why he got 10kg of rice, beans and 1 carton of indomie(that smallest size o). It was really funny cause people who really need this stuff were out there. Well, we decided to distribute them to those who really needed them and so, we ended up measuring 3 cups of rice, beans and 1 indomie and sharing to those we felt are really in need of such. It's little but at least we did something. Biko Bros Obas, where and how u take use d 1 billion?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
CHISOS shocked shocked shocked

How much the Federal Government go come don spend by now?!

JimohMomoh:
See as you smartly avoided his political affiliation.
Sebi na u carry politics for head like gala.
Supporter of criminals.
Politics has turned your brain upside down patapata
Spits

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by funmike83(f): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmm, won run de

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by owprint: 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Seems 1billion doesn't have value again in Nigeria

41 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Yabsun(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Olè tongue
Politicians and stealing are like

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by COURVOISier(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
sad Mehn these people are heartless o, with the way abba died I thought you guys would turn a new leaf. Well, na sturborn fly dey follow dead body enter grave.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by ursullalinda(f): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
1 billion?......thieves in government.......no wonder some of them a struggling to have a case in their state......Very wicked leaders.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Xisnin(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
You have done nothing.
No lockdown.
No palliatives.
No new testing centers.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by tonididdy(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Ok Mr Governor I respect you so much.

But this is outright lies, for the first time in 4years you Mr Governor is clueless.
Edo has no plans for the covid19 pandemic. I am from and live in the state. So I know what I'm saying.
I have always tot of obaseki as smart but this pandemic has shown a weak side of him unless maybe he is down with the virus himself.

Edo needs more actions.

26 Likes

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by landmark86: 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
This is the time to no the capability of those governors.
Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by funmike83(f): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
R
Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by temptnow: 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Na so, governors always have new Yahoo format to loot every year.

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by Certifiedbadman(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Covid-19 is now a way of making money. Confused-generation

Re: Obaseki: We Have Spent Over ₦1 Billion In COVID-19 Fight by tim1256(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2020
They have come again o

Alleged Forgery: Fresh Criminal Complaints Filed Against Tinubu / Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi / Five Reasons R-APC Left APC