Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry (67352 Views)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Torino234: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2020
Some countries sold $3 or less yesterday.may the Lord be our shepherd during this period.[qúQquote author=Omooba77 post=88673676]

Amen o. A barrel of oil is less than $12 today....[/quote]
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2020
I honestly feel for those that doesn't have any means of income now.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by alexsoftwork(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:
By Olukorede Yishau

https://thenationonlineng.net/salary-earners-will-also-cry/amp/

U cant speak for everybody,everybody is not like everybody. Some companies will still use there church mind to help there employees.
Some may give salary advance, some can use this lockdown as your leave and u will still collect salary or some may give u half pay.
Employees have been sacrificing b4 covid-19 after covid-19, the value will still continue.
If u have a good boss, covid-19 will not be an excuse.
It is not anybody's fault.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by SoNature(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Just for a while.. Oil prices will bounce back.. My problem is that we won't learn anything, we will still continue to depend on oil and we will keep looting

And Buhari will keep spending Nigeria's little savings to search for political oil deposit in the north.

Who cursed this country?

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Simplyleo: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Government is not getting revenue, during this lockdown Lagos State Internal Revenue Service had the audacity to send me a mail concerning why I have not forwarded the March PAYE tax of my workers to them.
angry angry angry

Tell them you didn't pay March salary, so nothing like PAYE for the month of March. angry

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Torino234: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2020
How long will that "a while" be because major buyer like China are taking advantage of this free fall to buy plenty of oil into their reserve.
babyfaceafrica:
Just for a while.. Oil prices will bounce back.. My problem is that we won't learn anything, we will still continue to depend on oil and we will keep looting
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Tumbulum: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2020
And then the sun Will rise from the east when the evil centre can no longer hold.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by illicit(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
If you are in need of an online private tutor for your upcoming O'level Examinations and Post UTME.
Post UTME past questions also available
contact us via inbox or call/WhatsApp 07064550358
https://mobile.facebook.com/NigerianStudentsConsultancy/?refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial&__tn__=CH-R
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by apex1700: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 426362[/color]
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by MrBONE2(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by yaki84: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
As long as this current structure we r entangled in Nigeria persist, we can never diversify our economy.
As at today govt don't even have a stake in the Agro sector. What they budget monies for yearly is for administrative purpose and Projects that are widely inflated to accommodate their selfish interest. What are workers in ministry of agriculture doing weekly, monthly and annually?
Ministry of agriculture should set the pace and other agribusiness entrepreneurs follow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Soulsymbol99: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Ussycool:
It wouldn't reach that extent.

Hope for the best while u prepare for the worst lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Vulcan24(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2020
this NL economist Sha!!

human being are not machines that are programmed

we can increase capacity base on needs.

please relax, economic predictions by financial experts are for countries to know where to buckle up.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Observation done in 3D
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by philip0906(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2020
AntiWailer:
It depends.

Some salary earners are able to work very effectively from home.

As a matter of facts most tech guys earn more this period.

I know Fintechs that pay extra allowance for data and power cos the guys are working from home.
Straight up
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by DonroxyII: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
Perhaps for private organisations.

Before the govt workers will start suffering from unpaid salaries, the matter go don pass be careful.
Brace up ooo ... make e no shock you .... Immediately after this month salary ... I wanna really brace up..... Real time.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by shade18: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
We're gonna die- all of us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Reference(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:
By Olukorede Yishau

Slow fellow talking to slow Nigerians. This post should have been out by January 31 when you saw the people of Wuhan behind cages in the name if lockdown.

Then you should have started shouting at goverment to close borders immediately by February 1st and rallying the Nigerians you tell this tale to support you.

But no, you will support or sit idly by when ignaramuses called folks like us haters of goverment and haters of the elected leaders. What is the point of this post now....

It is incumbent on the citizenry of any nation seeing to move forward for the citizens to be in charge of their destiny.

Oga. This battle against Covid has been lost both economically and medically since February. Listening to Boss Mustapha the ambience around his speech is one of siddon look.

These guys are at the mercy of Covid 19. They are just reacting to anywhere the wind blows. No strategy to fight it and win back Nigeria. And I have said how this matter will end.

Nigeria will stagger on until civil disobedience arises then they will yield to poverty with the pandemic still out there, losing both the economy and the Covid battle. Nigeria will be the first to relax the curfew without reaching the peak.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by fafambo: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:

Amen o. A barrel of oil is less than $12 today....
$10 per barrel precisely
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by DonroxyII: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
The Northern Oligarchs are the problem of Nigeria .... They are all living in 17th century trying to promote their Father's ideology in 21st century.

They will learn nothing as such Nigeria learns nothing because Northern philosophy is live today for today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Vulcan24(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2020
alexsoftwork:

U cant speak for everybody,everybody is not like everybody. Some companies will still use there church mind to help there employees.
Some may give salary advance, some can use this lockdown as your leave and u will still collect salary or some may give u half pay.
Employees have been sacrificing b4 covid-19 after covid-19, the value will still continue.
If u have a good boss, covid-19 will not be an excuse.
It is not anybody's fault.

correct ... doomsday prophet too much

my coy pays full last month and half this month

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Coronavirus84: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2020
So in short sentence, make I commot my mind from the month of April 2020 salary now. Corona virus why?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by cerpvad(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2020
False alarm. In case the worse happens , CBN will grant bailouts for private companies.
Omooba77:
By Olukorede Yishau

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Avalancheman: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
I reject it in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Only you will cry! angry

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by warrrrr: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

angry angry angry

Tell them you didn't pay March salary, so nothing like PAYE for the month of March. angry
[/s]
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2020
why are you ranting about, thought convid was more deadly than hunger and chaos.

you never see something, your homes will be your tombstones.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by CodeTemplar: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Very good article, and let's be honest things are looking grim.

The problem is, since 2015 we have been saddled with a government that , faced with the warning signs, did nothing to prepare for this, like removing subsides, which would have attracted investment and crucially money for the reserve. Instead, they just continued sharing the national cake.

I hope that this covid 19 crisis teaches us that oil really is a burden, and not a blessing. Oil dependent countries are all going to suffer. Perhaps it will finally be our wake up call to focus on industrial development.
You skillfully traced our problems back to 2015 because of hate. Tell me one thing the govt of since 2015 is guilty of that the ones before weren't guilty of. This same politics you are playing is what allowed Hitler slaughter millions in a supposedly liberal society like Germany. keep playing your hate induced politics you hear.

your eye go soon clear.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Corporate2020: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Op expect money rituals, Money will never dry.
This is what you get when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Useless rulers.

More deaths to come in Aso Villa

Several of those who wished Buhari death in the past have themselves been buried while Buhari is still doing wonders with Aisha in the other room.

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Hanonimos(f): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Hnmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.