Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry (67350 Views)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Bulletproof: 10:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Vulcan24:

correct ... doomsday prophet too much

my coy pays full last month and half this month

You sef see am,

Full last month, half this month,

Next month nko?
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by AntiWailer: 10:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Reference:

Oga. Tech cannot raise our GDP. It cannot build our railways, refineries or make face masks or vaccines. The most resilient economies are those with large reserves built by manufacturing. And goodnews. You cannot do manufacturing from home.

If everyone sits at home 'teching' the world will simply implode.

Why u dey provoke ?

Did u read the post and my response ?

I stated facts. Leave it that simple.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Vulcan24(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Bulletproof:

You sef see am,

Full last month, half this month,

Next month nko?

we are resuming next week.
lockdown is over

corona is beatable

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Judybash93(m): 10:36am On Apr 21, 2020
Usorohtheman:
Politicians should bring out all the looted funds.

Yes oOo
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kushe: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2020
All the looted funds cannot save your economy,it can only prop it up.
Make up is not the cure for ugly �.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Bulletproof: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2020
Vulcan24:

we are resuming next week.
lockdown is over

corona is beatable

Me sef, I pray we resume next week too.

However we shouldn't raise our hopes as Lagos didn't record any case yesterday! Let's watch till Friday.

The main thing is, brace up for the worst! Anything is possible.
Our Employers may decide not to pay anything if this persist.

It's the reality.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2020
This is one of the reason I never took a government job. As oil prices drowns, its expected that salary earners will either not be paid or receive paycut.
Life is too short to depend on these incompetent leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Biafrarep(m): 10:50am On Apr 21, 2020
GhostPhoenix:
Yes na. Everyone is affected

Please guys let me do your writing job for you; research or academic, proposal, news, etc. Send a mail to ero2writes@gmail.com or "call" me with 07058423253.

If you're TB and you need a B, contact as well

This is quite incoherent and full of grammatical errors for someone looking for writing jobs undecided
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2020
onecoder:
This is one of the reason I never took a government job. As oil prices drowns, its expected that salary earners will either not be paid or receive paycut.
Life is too short to depend on these incompetent leaders.

Depends.

For the government, at least they could dip into the reserves to pay.Or get a loan. Private companies don't have that kind of reserve most of the time, and no Nigerian bank is going to give loans to pay salaries.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Pascal181: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2020
buhari is simply a bad luck

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by iswallker(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2020
eleazon:
Some of us in the academia have not even been paid by Federal Government for three months running

Thought you want to use your own payment platform - as against the one prescribed by your employer.. undecided

This will be a good time for ASUU to test run UTAS... and credit your accounts.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Area4Area: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:

Depends.

For the government, at least they could dip into the reserves to pay.Or get a loan. Private companies don't have that kind of reserve most of the time, and no Nigerian bank is going to give loans to pay salaries.
You're right
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by sirachkiz(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2020
That's why u need a plan-B as a salary earner..
I can help u start a VTU networking business which can help u earn between 5k-20k daily.. PC me via 09074589310 on WhatsApp to Know more
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by IYANGBALI: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Op expect money rituals, Money will never dry.
This is what you get when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Useless rulers.

More deaths to come in Aso Villa
A has gone B is next. If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Jgoldie: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Make una epp me oo

Access
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by IYANGBALI: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2020
Pascal181:
buhari is simply a bad luck
that is an understatement

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by chi4dunchido: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Salary earner such as those operating in the private education sector are already feeling the effect as some of them are paid half salary last month and this month there will be no payment. The teacher whose lively hood has to do with one on one contact with his or her pupils are vulnerable such as the lesson teachers. A case study is in KUJE local government area in Abuja is really among those who are vulnerable. The cash transfer promised by the FG has not been effective in this area and that is why people here are breaking the rule of stay at home by the FG. It time the government are suppose to look critically into this issue and also involve religious leaders in such programme for effectiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by IYANGBALI: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Buhari has been looking for a way to downsize the civil service or reduce their salaries, now he has been given the opportunity on a plater of gold
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by ndcide(m): 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
I see victory ahead

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by abimbola74(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Insectkiller:
Nice write up...
If you lack anything, pls come to me
I need a job sir
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by GreatestA1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
AntiWailer:
It depends.

Some salary earners are able to work very effectively from home.

As a matter of fact, most tech guys earn more this period.

I know Fintechs that pay extra allowance for data and power cos the guys are working from home.
Shebi Fintech has goats as customers and not humans? A dwindled cash flow would reduce the financial abilities of many Nigerians and the result would reflect in fewer and fewer financial transactions both online and offline, which would negatively affect Fintech.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by mceze(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Shormiey:

Leave the brother alone make him dey talk wetin him no know.... lipsrsealed

What he's saying is the truth. I reside in Kaduna, and the government has announced to the workers that they will only be paid half of their salary.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by wickyyolo: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Reference:

Oga. Tech cannot raise our GDP. It cannot build our railways, refineries or make face masks or vaccines. The most resilient economies are those with large reserves built by manufacturing. And goodnews. You cannot do manufacturing from home.

If everyone sits at home 'teching' the world will simply implode.

You don’t understand tech. Have u heard about 3D printing ? Read and watch videos about it.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by lebete3000: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:
By Olukorede Yishau

https://thenationonlineng.net/salary-earners-will-also-cry/amp/

And me don go dey buy gadget put for house!
You sure sey no be my Fridge I go chop so?
Choi!
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kushe: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
wickyyolo:

You don’t understand tech. Have u heard about 3D printing ? Read and watch videos about it.

How 3D printing take affect Naija economy,very soon you will mention AI and autonomous driving.
How many Tesla's have you seen in naija ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Missmossy(f): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sad reality. Organizations are already downsizing, people should learn from this and not rely on one source of livelihood.

Naija is messed up no be today undecided fowl y.a.n.s.h just open now!!!
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Harietgold91(f): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
People that might suffer most is people that works with private organization
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by mceze(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Insectkiller:
Nice write up...
If you lack anything, pls come to me
Am in lack of foodstuffs. Pls, help out!
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by philip0906(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Missmossy:
Sad reality. Organizations are already downsizing, people should learn from this and not rely on one source of livelihood.

Naija is messed up no be today undecided fowl y.a.n.s.h just open now!!!
Even if you have 10 sources of livelihood, is it not still in this same earth you will be hustling? Literarily, the whole world is on lockdown and there is little or no way to make money now.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by maak400: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
pocohantas:
It is not funny anymore. Everybody around me is suddenly needy- not any of their fault though. There is really no fun in having “money”, when everyone else is broke. They’ll suck from you till you land in the same subset with them.

Friends that said they would never do my job are suddenly calling my number. Same with young(er) cousins.

I never even factor in post-COVID19 effect.
What’s the nature of your job, me sef wan do o cool
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by wickyyolo: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
kushe:

How 3D printing take affect Naija economy,very soon you will mention AI and autonomous driving.
How many Tesla's have you seen in naija ?

There are companies that have started importing 3D printing machines. It’s just not popular yet. We will improve someday. Don’t insult tech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.