Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,949 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry (67355 Views)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Isoduwa(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Money don finish?
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by SirBunky85(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

For weak Economy like Nigeria the FG can fail to meet salary obligations if this continues for 21 weeks....state govts are already announcing pay cuts
pls can u mention those states dat have announced a pay-cut?
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by SirBunky85(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Area4Area:
Pay cuts for the state's workers or which category of workers and which state could that be?
don't mind dat rabble-rouser
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by AntiWailer: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
GreatestA1:
Shebi Fintech has goats as customers and not humans? A dwindled cash flow would reduce the financial abilities of many Nigerians and the result would reflect in fewer and fewer financial transactions both online and offline, which would negatively affect Fintech.

Not necessarily.

They will stop spending millions of dollars offshore and start looking for internal solutions.

That means engage Ur local guys more and get them paid.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by GamalNasser: 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
SirBunky85:
pls can u mention those states dat have announced a pay-cut?

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by enemyofprogress: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank God I am not a salary earner. The babalawo work that i dey do dey fetch me money pass anything a salary earner hens in a month.

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove and dominique, i just came back from una prison, please kindly brief me the major news that happened in Nigeria when I was away, meanwhile you guys need to fix the latrine in cell 4 of your prison and the tap was not running too, but I enjoyed the foods cooked and served in the prison by dominique, mynd44 and Ishilove. I look forward to to be back there soonest tongue tongue
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
pocohantas:
It is not funny anymore. Everybody around me is suddenly needy- not any of their fault though. There is really no fun in having “money”, when everyone else is broke. They’ll suck from you till you land in the same subset with them.

Friends that said they would never do my job are suddenly calling my number. Same with young(er) cousins.

I never even factor in post-COVID19 effect.

I will advice that you to keep your remaining money intact for now.

Because It's getting realer every day, my close pal lost his job recently & It's affecting me because this is a senior guy i look upto in my field. I have people around me that are not sure of their salary this month, so this means i have to step up & help.

Worst part is the Oil industry at $1 per barrel, at least if anyone should be scared, the big boys in IOC shouldn't. Well...not anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Bigtt: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some private organisations have stopped paying for long,more expecially schools.I wept for my country and the world.is like adding salt to an injury.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by prophetfire: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:

Amen o. A barrel of oil is less than $12 today....
Even at that, where you see buyer.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Legendguru: 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by InvertedHammer: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
/
The only people benefitting from this lockdown are the indigenes of Katsina State. FGN hustled everyone else and used the donations to take care of Buhari's people.

The good people of SW that voted Buhari because of VP slot have been abandoned to their fate. They have resorted to "1 million gang" to make ends meet by robbing and maiming their own people.

It is called hard knock life. grin grin grin Elevating begging to an art cannot be a solution. Bourdillon close is not too far to go seek for assistance.

\

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Tonytonex(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
all these are happening because the world is on stand still. cars, planes and the likes are not moving. who go come use the crude oil byproducts. ?
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Tunks2017(m): 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Those hopeless one man businesses controlled by some old lizards will definitely find excuses not to pay staff salaries angry angry .........
As if they were paying and treating staff very well before. Its time for one to discard working for useless trifling companies that have no value.......... angry
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by writeprof(m): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Objective analysis! The government workers may not be as affected as those in the private sector definitely but we're all affected eventually.
Until we have leaders/rulers who are not lazy to take agriculture serious this might just be the beginning.

It is so so sad that everywhere you look in Nigeria, the lands are GREEN and FERTILE enough that NIGERIA can feed the whole of Africa. Some years ago, pumpkin- Ugwu- was exported from Anambra abroad!

Individuals need resources from the government to go into farming big time! I said it once based on personal research that I know others might have done also, that farm settlement should be built in all the 779 LGAS with focus on the crops doing well in that environments and let's see if things will not change.

Agriculture- farming especially can help in situations like this as it will help reduce the stress on people.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by GhostPhoenix(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Biafrarep:

This is quite incoherent and full of grammatical errors for someone looking for writing jobs undecided

Thanks for the correction wink
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Westernlove: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jgoldie:
Make una epp me oo
0081733823 Access
Hmmmm so fast......God help us all....
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ussycool:
That will be too bad for our country.
Men will suffer and elites will reposition themselve after this pandemic.

I pray it shouldn't reach that extent.
We will plunder their wealth.
What it means is that violence and lawlessness will become deep rooted.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by mathewalen: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
For over 50 years and three generations, Pamper Cleaners has prided itself on giving you clean, bright and well-pressed garments. We make sure that every garment is restored to virtually new condition. Located in Syosset, NY, Plainview, NY, and Hicksville, NY.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by jimcaddy(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some companies can manage and struggle to pay this month's salary, but you see as from next month, it will be pay as you work or retrenchment. We should all brace up for tougher days ahead..
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by vickSamuel: 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Are you a Nigerian... are you interested in learning forex and earning at the same time while getting paid..in this covid-19 lock down..
WhatsApp me on 0 9 0 6 two one 6 3 3 eight 8.

Let's get you started
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by starbuck(f): 1:02am On Apr 22, 2020
I have already cried and dried my tears.. Braced up for what's ahead, we will come out from this mess stronger...

To my employer, It's God that will judge you cry
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by love2017(m): 3:51am On Apr 22, 2020
I am not seeing negative.....

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kayusely70(m): 4:29am On Apr 22, 2020
Insectkiller:
Nice write up...
If you lack anything, pls come to me
I shoul be grateful for your urgent assistance.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Omooba77: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2020
Simplyleo:
Perhaps for private organisations.

Before the govt workers will start suffering from unpaid salaries, the matter go don pass be careful.

https://www.nairaland.com/5819460/kaduna-cuts-public-servants-salary

Hope you are seeing the truth nakedly now. 25% aside taxes..... I no dey talk again.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.