Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry (67351 Views)

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? / Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nnamdinaija(m): 9:12am On Apr 21, 2020
It's not only NIGERIA, folks. Other first world countries that depends on technology as source of revenue will also need to diversify their economy source of revenue.

No country in the world now is trading international. No exportation or importation for revenue sourcing is going on anywhere in the world now.

All countries Now depend on their Country money reserve/savings for sustainability.

Infact, oil depending economy will be the last to crumble (except if their money reserve is little) because some hospitals worldwide need petrol to operate.

So folks, it's a worldwide problem not only Nigeria.

[ Engr Frank & Engr Florence (Master Builders)

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Lorenzop: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
It can only get worse, question is what are you doing to stay afloat. Join us as we continue to milk the $$$ from trading. You trade following our signals. Search on Telegram for

Bang The Options

If you join us, we both earn ...if you don't.... We still earn. Seeing is believing
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by felony101(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2020
Dude go say a prayer its too early to bring bad luck in here
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You skillfully traced our problems back to 2015 because of hate. Tell me one thing the govt of since 2015 is guilty of that the ones before weren't guilty of. This same politics you are playing is what allowed Hitler slaughter millions in a supposedly liberal society like Germany. keep playing your hate induced politics you hear.

your eye go soon clear.

1.As usual, someone has mistaken me for a PDP supporter.(And there are people who think I am an APC supporter....okay)

2.There are a lot of reasons to bash the PDP, however Buhari had some chances to fix things by

a) Removing subsides on PMS, and on electric power, which would have attracted investors, and could have saved at least 500billion, at most 2 trillion naira yearly(just from removing PMS subsides)...and by extension more jobs, in return for a temporary increase in fuel prices, and a eventual permanent reduction in fuel prices.

b)Fighting corruption

c) Supporting polices to improve industrial production. (Because increasing rice production, just like GEJ did for cocoa and Obasanjo did for cassava doesn't add much to the treasury.)

We have to get off oil. APC should get us off oil and into industrial production. Fast.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Insectkiller: 9:23am On Apr 21, 2020
Nice write up...
If you lack anything, pls come to me

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Reference(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Nnamdinaija:
It's not only NIGERIA, folks. Other first world countries that depends on technology as source of revenue will also need to diversify their economy source of revenue.

No country in the world now is trading international. No exportation or importation for revenue sourcing is going on anywhere in the world now.

All countries Now depend on their Country money reserve/savings for sustainability.

Infact, oil depending economy will be the last to crumble (except if their money reserve is little) because some hospitals worldwide need petrol to operate.

So folks, it's a worldwide problem not only Nigeria.

[b][ Engr Frank & Engr Florence (Master Builders)

grin Oil economies will be the most resilient because 'hospitals will require fuel for generators....'...kai, there's nothing you will not hear. I think you should turn on your telly.

Oga. There is no demand in the world right now. All the crude oil tanks in the world are filled up. Oil right now is worthless.

The only hope is for countries like China to resume FULL production first to consume the excess they have stored since March.

But how can they resume FULL production when the world is not buying stuff at the present and will not buy much in the short term because no jobs, no money and plenty of loans to repay.

On Channels yesterday the analyst was clear.The best we can hope for, anything near normal, positive GDP will be from September. Nigeria's oil receipts this year will not surpass 50 percent of budget at best.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2020
ussy09:

my prayer is for oil not to bounce back fast so that we can diversify our economy, places like ajeokuta steel is still bleeding.

You are just complaining about Ajaokuta. What is in Ajaokuta? Since 80s, Federal government has spent billions of dollars (oil money) to actualise the steel production dream without success. Each country invited only comes to make money and do few things.

The international politics involved will not create competition for those countries producing steel. Except now that we are highly indebted to China, if China can take over the place as part payment for debt, they may use the steel to feed their industries in Africa and forget about international politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Joefat: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2020
I hope the oil won't enter $1.. Make God help us..
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kingsleyebuka55(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2020

[right][/right]
WATCHOVER:
Op expect money rituals, Money will never dry.
This is what you get when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Useless rulers.

More deaths to come in Aso Villa
nice comment but don't wish anyone death
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Abeyjide: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2020
my employer already promised increasing my salaries of staff come April.God help us
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Reference(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2020
babaolofin:

What about millions of self paid employees that have not done any business for about five weeks in Lagos and part of Ogun State? Computer Village, Alaba International, Arena Oshodi and others have been closed for over 5 weeks, nobody remembers their survival.

Well at least their goods are resilient....except if the Samsung's and Apple's release new models before they can offload stocks grin.

But spare a thought for those with stocks of non essential perishables...

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by tee4naija(m): 9:37am On Apr 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
Perhaps for private organisations.

Before the govt workers will start suffering from unpaid salaries, the matter go don pass be careful.

There was no Covid_19 when governors were owing their civil servants several months salaries. Now,there is Covid_19, crude oil price is less than $11/barrel and somebody is saying it will not affect civil servants. I dey laugh in Spanish.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Bimpe29: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Then why is there a constituted authority at the center?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Reference(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2020
I think the biggest lesson Nigeria will have to learn out of this tragedy apart from the need to get the best people into elected offices, is that Nigeria must become self reliant.

To make the things we need and walk away from the things we can't.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by lukmammy(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2020
I read Niger state did

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by oluspicy: 9:44am On Apr 21, 2020
God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by lukmammy(m): 9:44am On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Area4Area post=88677938]Pay cuts for the state's workers or which category of workers and which state could that be?[/q upuote]

I learnt Niger state did

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by CodeTemplar: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:

1.As usual, someone has mistaken me for a PDP supporter.(And there are people who think I am an APC supporter....okay)

2.There are a lot of reasons to bash the PDP, however Buhari had some chances to fix things by

a) Removing subsides on PMS, and on electric power, which would have attracted investors, and could have saved at least 500billion, at most 2 trillion naira yearly(just from removing PMS subsides)...and by extension more jobs, in return for a temporary increase in fuel prices, and a eventual permanent reduction in fuel prices.

b)Fighting corruption

c) Supporting polices to improve industrial production. (Because increasing rice production, just like GEJ did for cocoa and Obasanjo did for cassava doesn't add much to the treasury.)

We have to get off oil. APC should get us off oil and into industrial production. Fast.

Which of these GEJ and his predecessor didn't have chance to fix?
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kushe: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Though not covering the whole spectrum of possible events,the OP is absolutely right.
Multinationals like the IOCs will still pay their staff fully and so will the Nestle's,PZs,Unilevers of this world.The sound banks like GT,FBN ,Zenith,UBA,Access will still pay their staff even though profitability will seriously suffer.However, Keystone, Heritage and all those shaky brands might devise means of cutting costs.
The economic impact will be worse than the virus itself,but the hysteria surrounding the deaths and the lockdown has not made people realize it.
People are complaining about the lockdown,a second wave of self quarantine occasioned by job losses is loading.Sad but true.
If you know God,now is the time to hold him tightttttt.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by omotowo2: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2020

I have to be on ground as an accountant .

No much sales though .

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by ofemigeorge(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Omooba77:
By Olukorede Yishau

https://thenationonlineng.net/salary-earners-will-also-cry/amp/
You really broke down the problem. But you wisdom will be greatly appreciated if you can break down a solution.
And if you dont know the solution, why the "brilliant epistles" cause we know everything will be affected by the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Jaspaman: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2020
tee4naija:

There was no Covid_19 when governors were owing their civil servants several months salaries. Now,there is Covid_19, crude oil price is less than $11/barrel and somebody is saying it will not affect civil servants. I dey laugh in Spanish.

On God grin grin grin
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Cholison(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2020
When it gets to an unbearable point REVOLUTION will announce itself and enthronement of a new order will emerge. RESTRUCTURING IS INEVITABLE.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by thatsleepboy1: 9:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kushe: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Cash will be King in the next few weeks with the attendant risk more robberies.
Don't borrow money from loan sharks this period cos their rates will be cut throat and there might be no means to repay.
Most poorly capitalised lenders will be wiped out in the next few weeks as there will be record loan defaults.The online lenders are in big trouble especially as most loans are not collaterized.This is the time for them to be acquired by the big boys,hence Corona killed Fintech.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by MT: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Just for a while.. Oil prices will bounce back.. My problem is that we won't learn anything, we will still continue to depend on oil and we will keep looting

The problem is, what do we really want?. Buhari attempted to diversify the economy away from oil but he was crucified for it. He stopped importations of some items and Nigerians almost crucified him for it.
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by laserjet: 10:02am On Apr 21, 2020
Bitter truth! Even few private organisations haven't paid last month's salary. Aviation business is also on a decline. Revenue is made when an aircraft flies not when on ground. This is the story of many airline businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by seedorfg(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2020
Any job opportunity for me, am stuck at home doing nothing o.

Please help me get a job, eejo, biko.

@miidae
Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by Ebenezer2021(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
eleazon:
Some of us in the academia have not even been paid by Federal Government for three months running
blame ASUU for their disobedience and obstinacy to need to FG's directives.
Go enroll into IPPIS una no gree.
Well you guys should enjoy it while it lasts.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by kushe: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2020
Regarding Oil prices,a visit to your nearest filling station will educate you.We are not buying fuel for our cars and generators(because power has seriously improved most likely due to excess gas ).Tankers are loading less cos the underground storages of the filling stations are depleting at a very slow rate.The aviation sector is dead for now and so is most of global shipping.Naa to dey drink our oil remain as the world doesn't need it right now.
That is the reason for the unprecedented fall in oil prices.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry by AsawanaDgreat: 10:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Everybody is crying already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) / Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.