Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) (66574 Views)

Trump Sends 200 Ventilators To Nigeria / Trump Sends 1,000 Ventilators To Nigeria / China To Donate 1,000 Ventilators To Help New York In Coronavirus Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by adecz: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigerian army don come
again.

This one fit electrocute
patients nah!!

Who send una sef?

Compare with Indian & Chinese
made respirators, 1 & 2 respectively,
each costing less than N2m..

Aso Rock clinic budgets Billon's of naira
yearly & they don't have respirators.

Same with our various Fed Med Centers
& Teaching Hospitals that will generally
have some antiquated or useless ones..

Abeg, wetin we do God!?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by apex2495: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mass production please instead of begging Elon Musk
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Newmans: 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
This is what we expected from them
A journey of one Mile begins with a step
We must start from somewhere kudos to them.
MORE OF THIS PLS !!
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:
Hmm

This ventilator get as e be o

They should test run it on the number 1 citizen of this country

Why??! But, he is breathing just fine na!!! undecided
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Prodigy100(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's a welcome development but so saddened that it's a misplacement of priority.

NDA intentionally publicised and exhibited the samples to solicit for fund that they will later embezzle.

what does NDA has to do with the production of ventilators. They have just one duty, protecting the integrity of Nigeria from internal and external insurrection not dropping fire arms to produce ventilators.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Someone7:
What is this contraption?

Portable Manual Ventilator... The sick person fit even operate am by himself!!! tongue
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by maasoap(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
Looks like a welding machine.

As long as it gets the job done. You can only improve on what you have. This is commendable.

Innoson can make better deals than this nonsense here. We are not in time for this stupidity. Give Innoson cash to produce the things that we need.

Innoson wanted 4 billion naira first. Even with no prototype
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
This people are not serious... Is this ventilator or welding machine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by AsawanaDgreat: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Good one, we have to use our brains for something things now. Kudos to them.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Opperwezen(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
As if they joined a Stainless Steel Water dispenser with oxy-acetylene tank. Very lackluster and fourth-rated.
If Atiku would allow this to be used on his son, then I am game. If Buhari would have allowed this to be used on Abba Kyari then, we are set for takeoff.
The funny thing is the logo engraved all over it. They should stop all this nonsense display of mediocrity and get ready for business. Things are getting harder than expected.
Buhari at this point should liaise with working manufacturers to get things going. Innoson can make better deals than this nonsense here. We are not in time for this stupidity. Give Innoson cash to produce the things that we need. Nigerians are dying. For how many years have people been displaying talents and you ignored? Give professionals the money to produce these machines. Stop this bigotry. Let the NAF work with Innoson and let us get things going.

No one should fall for this nonsense. Look properly, the soldiers are taking pictures of the machine which means that they have not seen it before AND THEY PRODUCED IT undecided undecided See how they are staring at what they produced.

Nigerian Army should show us their manufacturing factory, to begin with. We know that the Nigerian army is not capable of producing anything. They should focus on producing local guns that we buy from Russia and China. Local thieves manufacture their own guns. Ojukwu produced bombs and weapons during the civil war but Nigerian soldiers complain of a lack of guns to fight Boko Haram. Someone who can produce this machine can produce guns and bombs to fight Boko Haram. Why do we give China and Russia so much money for weapons if these guys can produce this?

The Nigerian army at this point should have been a prime example of invention and creativity. Nigerians have prolific assets all over the world engineering invention and working as unseen brains behinds major technological developments. Sadly, once you are in Nigeria you are coerced to conform to shallow reasoning and medieval modus operandi.
The motive for joining the military in Nigeria is not to serve the nation but to subjugate poor civilians and oppress lowly victims of the economic plummet in Nigeria.

Buhari is an old father of tribalism. He is the definition of a bigot. And, he has surrounded himself with people as wicked as himself. NAF should show us the bodies of Boko haram and save this petty thing for their children. We are wiser than baby tricks

This would have been a perfect write-up, but for the fact that it is laced with tribalistic sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by dodoniyi: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
makewetalk2:
As if they joined a Stainless Steel Water dispenser with oxy-acetylene tank. Very lackluster and fourth-rated.
If Atiku would allow this to be used on his son, then I am game. If Buhari would have allowed this to be used on Abba Kyari then, we are set for takeoff.
The funny thing is the logo engraved all over it. They should stop all this nonsense display of mediocrity and get ready for business. Things are getting harder than expected.
Buhari at this point should liaise with working manufacturers to get things going. Innoson can make better deals than this nonsense here. We are not in time for this stupidity. Give Innoson cash to produce the things that we need. Nigerians are dying. For how many years have people been displaying talents and you ignored? Give professionals the money to produce these machines. Stop this bigotry. Let the NAF work with Innoson and let us get things going.

No one should fall for this nonsense. Look properly, the soldiers are taking pictures of the machine which means that they have not seen it before AND THEY PRODUCED IT undecided undecided See how they are staring at what they produced.

Nigerian Army should show us their manufacturing factory, to begin with. We know that the Nigerian army is not capable of producing anything. They should focus on producing local guns that we buy from Russia and China. Local thieves manufacture their own guns. Ojukwu produced bombs and weapons during the civil war but Nigerian soldiers complain of a lack of guns to fight Boko Haram. Someone who can produce this machine can produce guns and bombs to fight Boko Haram. Why do we give China and Russia so much money for weapons if these guys can produce this?

The Nigerian army at this point should have been a prime example of invention and creativity. Nigerians have prolific assets all over the world engineering invention and working as unseen brains behinds major technological developments. Sadly, once you are in Nigeria you are coerced to conform to shallow reasoning and medieval modus operandi.
The motive for joining the military in Nigeria is not to serve the nation but to subjugate poor civilians and oppress lowly victims of the economic plummet in Nigeria.

Buhari is an old father of tribalism. He is the definition of a bigot. And, he has surrounded himself with people as wicked as himself. NAF should show us the bodies of Boko haram and save this petty thing for their children. We are wiser than baby tricks
[/s]

PRODUCE YOURS AND LET'S SEE IT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Maski87: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
If our leaders won't use it,please don't bring it anywhere near me
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Motivational324: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
‪See why founding fathers fails to hold Nigerian Unity from the beginning ‬
‪Roots of corruption in Nigeria �� ‬
‪♻️☀️��‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHVEwlqFYg
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

Portable Manual Ventilator... The sick person fit even operate am by himself!!! tongue

Hehe technology in action! grin shocked
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by onadana: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Neoteny7:

Ventilators don't relieve pressure, they use positive pressure to deliver air/oxygen mix into and out of the lungs, via a tube inserted into the trachea or through the nose to the airway. In essence they do the breathing for sick people who can't breathe on their own.

It's CPAP and biPAP that are noninvasive, and are largely just respirators

What I meant was it helps the lungs to breathe. Thanks for the further insight.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Neoteny7: 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
onadana:

What I meant was it helps the lungs to breathe. Thanks for the further insight.

You're right, and you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by chimex302(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
No b naija again... Lol d idea dies dia period
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by farem: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
Retrography:

There's no joy in producing it, but in volunteering it to be used at this moment.
Let those Polytechnics bring theirs out.
What are they keeping it for.?

Read the news brother. If it's not in the news, I will not be aware.
They produce for the public too.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by MainJoe: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
What is this craze for ventilators? Nigeria needs testing kits in large amount, not ventilators to prevent people for falling ill to need ventilators. Please channel your efforts towards developing rapid test kits locally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Mac2016(m): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:

[s]No one should fall for this nonsense. Look properly, the soldiers are taking pictures of the machine which means that they have not seen it before AND THEY PRODUCED IT undecided undecided See how they are staring at what they produced.[/s]

Nigerian Army should show us their manufacturing factory, to begin with. [s]We know that the Nigerian army is not capable of producing anything[/s]. They should focus on producing local guns that we buy from Russia and China. Local thieves manufacture their own guns. Ojukwu produced bombs and weapons during the civil war but Nigerian soldiers complain of a lack of guns to fight Boko Haram. Someone who can produce this machine can produce guns and bombs to fight Boko Haram. Why do we give China and Russia so much money for weapons if these guys can produce this?

Search DICON
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:
Hmm

This ventilator get as e be o

They should test run it on the number 1 citizen of this country

E look like gas cooker angry
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
realestate99:

To really say the truth, I love your approach, to answer your question, I would prefer the elon's ventilator if both are available at the same time but waiting for elon's ventilator for 4 hours, NO!!! I will definitely go for the NDA ventilator. if we are to go by your logic, I would like to ask you if you are to choose between Camry 2020 and the latest innoson car........you see, the problem with your people is, they see things from their own angle alone, I know if this ventilator was made in Aba , you wouldn't bring up the elon's ventilator debate, you would be very happy that @ least your people are able to make a ventilator, no matter the quality but I do not know the reason why your people always turn out sad or give irrelevant excuses when things are done by other group of people in the country.
you don't know me...I get trust issues big time, if at all they're to produce something can't they tuush it up and add some fanciful plastic to make it beautiful...not something looking like pie oven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Ochuksbaba(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:

May ur days be long,,u and all ur generations yet unborn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
realestate99:

from your name , I know your statement is something to expect, but I bet you, this statement won't come out if the ventilators were produced in aba, we would be seeing stuffs like " give Igbo Nigeria presidency and Nigeria would be fixed," or " Igbo's are the best in the country" etc I do not really blame you, I blame the government for not giving your 5 states the Biafra they wanted, who needs an enemy outside when your lots never see anything positive in the country.......one idiot was even commenting that the primary work of the army is to face boko haram alone that they should leave building of ventilators to scientists, this is what you get when some people are just too lazy intellectually, instead of him to check the various departments in the army, he has shown his unadulterated stupidity here.
. Trash

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by ModestGal(f): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
realestate99:

To really say the truth, I love your approach, to answer your question, I would prefer the elon's ventilator if both are available at the same time but waiting for elon's ventilator for 4 hours, NO!!! I will definitely go for the NDA ventilator. if we are to go by your logic, I would like to ask you if you are to choose between Camry 2020 and the latest innoson car........you see, the problem with your people is, they see things from their own angle alone, I know if this ventilator was made in Aba , you wouldn't bring up the elon's ventilator debate, you would be very happy that @ least your people are able to make a ventilator, no matter the quality but I do not know the reason why your people always turn out sad or give irrelevant excuses when things are done by other group of people in the country.
Another thing is that, ventilators are used to sustain lifes, many people have died because of a 10minutes shortage of ventilators. Something is always better than nothing, if we have this in our hospitals across the country, we will loose lesser people to deatg
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by ModestGal(f): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Most of you condemning this, doesn't understand the use of ventilators. One of the most painful death is when you cannot breathe in oxygen for minutes and you are still alive. Not too different to drowning. Those minutes before your death would be the most painful thing you ever experienced.
Those that are saying they won't use it, your relatives would beg to use anything even worse for you if you are in that stage. Its like you think all those they are using ventilators for have choices to pick, or even have the time to think whether to use ventilators for them or not.

Something is better than nothing, because nothing is instant death
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Ochuksbaba(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
That must be the grill Manabbq dead vulture barbecue seller use in grilling his carcasses

Ventilator ni suffocator
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Why everything dem produce for Naija always dey get jagged edge and rough ends .. see what I did there? Only mature minds go fit code
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:

Its only a prototype.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by toxtimmy: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
azraeljaheel:
Nice

lol... 30 years ago I know a young man that put a lot of scrappy parts to build a small toy plane that flew.. where is he now?.... last time I checked he is jobless and became a street boy.

Point of the story is I won’t tell you the point of the story... you should for the first time try and think for yourself.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) by RTSC: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Look at the ugly looking thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Man & His Family Found Lifeless First Night After Moving Into New House / Pretty Nigerian Slayqueen Dies After An Unsuccessful Liposuction Operation (vid) / Woman Gives Birth To Strange-Looking Baby After 13 Months (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.