Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (931790 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 2:39am On Nov 28, 2022
Please my last visa bi/b2 expired in Nov, 2019 ,am I qualified for the interview waiver?Please note, I have not paid visa fee.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamad101(f): 2:50am On Nov 28, 2022
[quote author=Diamondroyal post=118735956][/quote]

I don't know o. The May 1 2022 visa fee criteria popped up on my parents profile, you can try your luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2022
Tamad101:

I don't know o. The May 1 2022 visa fee criteria popped up on my parents profile, you can try your luck

Does it mean if visa fee was paid after the May 1st date, one does not qualify for IW?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2022
Tamad101:

I just checked now and same May 1 2022 visa fee criteria popped up on my profile.
I think for now they want to attend to people that have paid for their visa before May 1,2022 .
So maybe after few months they will include people with recent visa fee....

I will go ahead and pay my visa fee now and wait ,maybe they will make adjustment again for people with recent visa fee.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2022
overlord77:

Does it mean if visa fee was paid after the May 1st date, one does not qualify for IW?

Yeah,I think that's what it means ,until they make adjustment to include people with recent visa fees
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
flourishing247:

Are they qualified for IW? You can call the embassy on Monday to be sure of what to do.

Yes, all dependents are qualified, except for the May 1st clause. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yerfod: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Mzvelvet:
Yes, separate profiles.
They are treating each interview waiver application separately.
Carefully read through all the details on your profile as well as the one they will send via email.

Thank you so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
pls any update on Abuja People when are they going to reschedule us Bayii
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2022
You are qualified, go ahead and apply. They are only giving visa fees paid before May 1st priority.

author=overlord77 post=118741082]

Does it mean if visa fee was paid after the May 1st date, one does not qualify for IW?[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
overlord77:

Thank you so much, this is good news. Another huddle is, we've already booked an interview appointment for April 2024 prior to this new development. Should I cancel and select IW option?

Priority is given to those who paid visa fees before May 1st. It'll be a gradual process to reduce the workload.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
Good Evening All. Please I'm trying to get a visa appointment date for June 2023. How possible is this?
Are there suggestions of how I can carry out this search myself as Agents are charging me 300-350k. I'd appreciate your response please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by blessedmumi(f): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2022
Humblegentlebee:
Well my cousin's friend did my dad's appointment. He had his appointment in Abuja in October but embassy cancelled because of that terrorist threat, so he got my dad another appointment immediately in Lagos.

Hello, you sent me an email notification but I can no longer access my Nairaland email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MummyHalo(f): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2022
Good evening all. I already have an interview appointment for July 2023 but I now qualify for the interview waiver. Is it okay to cancel my already booked appointment and use Dropbox?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
DecentT:
Good Evening All. Please I'm trying to get a visa appointment date for June 2023. How possible is this?
Are there suggestions of how I can carry out this search myself as Agents are charging me 300-350k. I'd appreciate your response please

Just check for dates 3X a day. Morning,afternoon and mid afternoon. Dates opened up last week. Even June dates. Don't pay anything to anyone. Stay on this page, check often cos once dates pop up someone will definitely post it.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 1:24am On Nov 29, 2022
flourishing247:

Just check for dates 3X a day. Morning,afternoon and mid afternoon. Dates opened up last week. Even June dates. Don't pay anything to anyone. Stay on this page, check often cos once dates pop up someone will definitely post it.

Thanks a million. I'll do as suggested.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2022
My b2 visa was rejected without checking any of my documents
Am an intl student in eu Cyprus

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Vo- why are u traveling to us and can I have your residence permit (which I gave to him )

Me- to visit my uncle and spend the Christmas holiday with him

Vo - how long have you been here

Me - 9months now

Vo- where does your uncle live in us and what do u do here in cy

Me- am a bsc student in c.s and my uncle lives in LA California ( he typed for some while)

Vo - who pays your school fees here and who's sponsoring your trip

Me - my parents pays my tuitions and my uncle is sponsoring my trip to the us.

He brought a white paper of section 214b and said sorry u are not eligible for a us visa, u can apply later

I was very disappointed and felt depressed and he Neva asked for any documents apart from my residence card
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2022
ghettonews:

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Vo- why are u traveling to us and can I have your residence permit (which I gave to him )

Me - 9months now

Me- am a bsc student in c.s and my uncle lives in LA California ( he typed for some while)

He brought a white paper of section 214b and said sorry u are not eligible for a us visa, u can apply later

I was very disappointed and felt depressed and he Neva asked for any documents apart from my residence card

Sometimes, it's better to come back home and apply. My first usa visa was refused when I was a student in the UK and when I came home for holiday, I applied in naija and was approved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2022
The marked message shows for IW application when you select Lagos as preferred Embassy. Why is the restriction/limitation on Lagos and not Abuja. Anybody with fact on this.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HRprof: 10:29am On Nov 29, 2022
Any update for those with canceled appointments date at Abuja embassy ?
Any transfer applicant from Abuja to Lagos?
I’m asking because I don’t see Abuja embassy reopening till after election, my interview is before election @ Abuja embassy and I’m not ready to forfeit my visa fee after waiting for over 1 year grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2022
dont be depress bro it happens

ghettonews:

Eu Cyprus consulate

Transcript below -
Vo- good morning

Me- good morning sir

Me - 9months now

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iamfavored: 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Good day people.
An agent got me an interview date.
Now I noticed that my name on CGI is
Surname and First name only.

But on my ds160 form and passport, I have three names: Surname, First name and middle name.

It's stated on the page that one should put the the first and middle names inside the first name field. Kindly see attached.

I asked him to change as I couldn't do so on my end.

He says it's not a challenge. That I shouldn't worry.

But I'm concerned. Kindly advise please.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
Blackfinegirl:

Sometimes, it's better to come back home and apply. My first usa visa was refused when I was a student in the UK and when I came home for holiday, I applied in naija and was approved.
lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
i dont think he should come back to naija to apply as naija is facing many refusals now

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
Iamfavored:
Good day people.
An agent got me an interview date.
Now I noticed that my name on CGI is
Surname and First name only.

But on my ds160 form and passport, I have three names: Surname, First name and middle name.

It's stated on the page that one should put the the first and middle names inside the first name field. Kindly see attached.

I asked him to change as I couldn't do so on my end.

He says it's not a challenge. That I shouldn't worry.

But I'm concerned. Kindly advise please.

Thank you.
Your name on DS160 and International Passport must match, that should be your concern. The CGI profile encourage just 2 names.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
@seyewest do you have an idea of the May 1, 2022 restriction on Lagos Embassy IW program?
seyewest:

Your name on DS160 and International Passport must match, that should be your concern. The CGI profile encourage just 2 names.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iamfavored: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
seyewest:

Thank you very plenty �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ghettonews: 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2022
hammed71:
i dont think he should come back to naija to apply as naija is facing many refusals now

Nigeria would be the worst
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
[quote author=borryworld post=118772756]@seyewest do you have an idea of the May 1, 2022 restriction on Lagos Embassy IW program?

Mine I paid immediately I saw the update and I got the a date in December there was no clause of May 1 and I have done for my aunty this afternoon no May 1 clause. So there is a note that If you qualify for IVW you can cancel your scheduled appointment and apply for drop box but note that you will also book an appointment to do the drop box.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Check it

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FabioPeter: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
overlord77:

In August, I used a visa fee receipt I paid for in November 2019. Although my interview was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID restriction.
This year I sent a feedback and requested for the receipt to be activated and they obliged.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2022
Did you pick Lagos? It only appears for Lagos and not for Abuja[quote author=Enishit post=118777197][/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
borryworld:
Did you pick Lagos? It only appears for Lagos and not for Abuja
Yes lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.