Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,176 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (933897 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hunter07: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, please I have an appointment for IW on the 22nd of February, do I need to drop my documents myself?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 6:47am On Feb 19, 2023
after submission of IW on average how long does it take to receive the visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Glowing1: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2023
please which of the locations did you go for your appointment? London, Scotland or Nothern ireland?

hadigun:

Not hard.

I applied for a visiting visa alongside my family in December 2022. Got appointment date for January 6, 2023. VISA APPROVED with no document requested. Grace followed me sha. I’m on a student visa in the Uk. Though I’ve finished studying but my BRP is still valid. For another 2months.

Go to the US site. Apply and include a genuine purpose for travelling. Get a date for appointment and get in touch. I might help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MadameW: 12:19am On Feb 20, 2023
Mine too 5 days
aaidel:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MadameW: 12:19am On Feb 20, 2023
MadameW:
Mine took 5 days
aaidel:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hairyrapunzel: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2023
If you apply for interview waiver and they say you should book appointment how do you go about getting a date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello everyone

My B1/B2 visa expired in November 2018, I applied for IW in January 2023, my request was granted and I'm scheduled for dropbox next month. An agent said my application might not be collected because my visa expired over 48 months ago. Please is this true.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Can a visitor in the UK on a tourist visa apply for a US visa while they are there on holiday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bossman(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
Not as a visitor. Student Visa, Yes.
Ajalalomo:
Can a visitor in the UK on a tourist visa apply for a US visa while they are there on holiday?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bossman:
Not as a visitor. Student Visa, Yes.

US embassy London website says I can. Looking for anyone who has done this before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Retrovibes1: 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hi everyone.

I was refused a visa in 2021 and I lost my US student visa refusal letter. It is required for a student visa application I’m making to the UK, I was given a conditional offer to the school pending when I send the letter across. I have explained in a letter that I have lost the letter and stated the reason for my denial (home ties), but they’re still insisting on the letter, what do I do please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by narcdramaqueen: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
cheras1:

Please I guess you have done yours. Please can you direct us

I didn't do anything, God smiled on me and I randomly looked and they had opened up some interview spaces in February. So i ended up doing it on February 10. Funny enough another family member had applied in early january and got March. So I actually got to submit before them.

Anyway last time I looked on the ustraveldocs site, they said it's 1 day appointment wait time, so go and check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cheras1: 12:55am On Feb 21, 2023
Thank you

narcdramaqueen:

I didn't do anything, God smiled on me and I randomly looked and they had opened up some interview spaces in February. So i ended up doing it on February 10. Funny enough another family member had applied in early january and got March. So I actually got to submit before them.

Anyway last time I looked on the ustraveldocs site, they said it's 1 day appointment wait time, so go and check.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 2:18am On Feb 21, 2023
Yes you can reschedule, I rescheduled to Isolo.

phebeansans:
Hello everyone. Was anyone affected by the shutdown of the DHL office in Ikeja? How were you able to change your document delivery location? I also want to know if you can reschedule your IW appointment. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 2:19am On Feb 21, 2023
On the IW date but you have to reschedule before the day.

phebeansans:
Thank you.Should i go to Isolo on my IW date or before that date?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 2:37am On Feb 21, 2023
MadameW:
Mine too 5 days

oh wow mine has been in 2 weeks now still no update from DHL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by slashthroat: 10:32am On Feb 21, 2023
Retrovibes1:
Hi everyone.

I was refused a visa in 2021 and I lost my US student visa refusal letter. It is required for a student visa application I’m making to the UK, I was given a conditional offer to the school pending when I send the letter across. I have explained in a letter that I have lost the letter and stated the reason for my denial (home ties), but they’re still insisting on the letter, what do I do please?

Weird request

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 11:03am On Feb 21, 2023
Pls is they still other u.s visa apart from b1,b2 visas
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2023
Pls is they still other u.s visa apart from b1,b2 visas
badBADbichh:

That's a question I'd been pondering as well, cos I'm sure there's only a handful of places you'd need US transit visa to get to. Can't even think of any right now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dirolad(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
Retrovibes1:
Hi everyone.

visit the U.S.A embassy and wait for the people that's going for an interview to receive thier results. Beg Anybody refused under the 214B blue paper to please help you with the slip, nobody is refused with thier name on it. Send the document to the School that's requesting it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2023
The website says it is always better to apply from your home country but you can apply from outside your home country. I have witnessed instances where the decisions went both ways. My cousin who was on a visit to the UK successfully applied for a B1/B2 visa while in the UK about six years ago. When I was renewing my F1 student visa in Canada the first time, I saw an older Iranian couple visiting their daughter in Canada successfully get a B1/B2 visa. The second time I renewed my student visa, also in Canada, the consular officer refused the BI/B2 visa application of an Indian guy who was on a Canadian visitor visa. He was told to apply from India. I guess the decision is a toss up. Good luck!

Ajalalomo:

US embassy London website says I can. Looking for anyone who has done this before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
JohnZak:
The website says it is always better to apply from your home country but you can apply from outside your home country. I have witnessed instances where the decisions went both ways. My cousin who was on a visit to the UK successfully applied for a B1/B2 visa while in the UK about six years ago. When I was renewing my F1 student visa in Canada the first time, I saw an older Iranian couple visiting their daughter in Canada successfully get a B1/B2 visa. The second time I renewed my student visa, also in Canada, the consular officer refused the BI/B2 visa application of an Indian guy who was on a Canadian visitor visa. He was told to apply from India. I guess the decision is a toss up. Good luck!

Thank you for the information
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by beautyuche: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2023
Good Morning House,

I have a valid USA visa and want to apply for my infant son. Will this be a drop box? Also I will like to get a date for my husband to make his application while I Stand in for my son.
Lastly I want to renew my older kid USA passport. How do I marry all this request to one date as we don't live in Lagos.

Sumone help me on how to go about this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hi, good day

My passport expires August next year, and I was told USA gives 2 years for the visit visa, my interview date is in may, I wanted to find out if my passport will still be stamped with two years or less?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2023
lovable85:
Hi, good day

My passport expires August next year, and I was told USA gives 2 years for the visit visa, my interview date is in may, I wanted to find out if my passport will still be stamped with two years or less?
pls how did u get interview on may
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2023
I’m applying from the UK

mane48:
pls how did u get interview on may
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2023
lovable85:
Hi, good day

They won’t issue a visa on a passport with less than 6 months validity. Try to renew your passport before your interview and go with both(old&new).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2023
lovable85:
Hi, good day

It will be stamped for 2 years. You can use a valid visa inside an expired passport, provided that you have applied for a valid passport when you want to travel. You will be required to present the expired and valid passport at the point of entry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2023
my passport still has over 1 year validity from the date of the interview but not up to two years, that is the reason I asked, it is not less than 6 months

Debbieeeeeee:

They won’t issue a visa on a passport with less than 6 months validity. Try to renew your passport before your interview and go with both(old&new).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2023
thank you

Tvegas:
It will be stamped for 2 years. You can use a valid visa inside an expired passport, provided that you have applied for a valid passport when you want to travel. You will be required to present the expired and valid passport at the point of entry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2023
lovable85:
my passport still has over 1 year validity from the date of the interview but not up to two years, that is the reason I asked, it is not less than 6 months

Then you’re covered, you get your two years. When you renew and the visa is still valid on the other passport, you travel with both and that’s all.
Sorry I read this as august this year not next year.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
Thank you

Debbieeeeeee:

Then you’re covered, you get your two years. When you renew and the visa is still valid on the other passport, you travel with both and that’s all.
Sorry I read this as august this year not next year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Flosssie(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.