Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930394 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jegsgirl: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
Thanks alot, i will look for a date myself. I am not in a hurry anyways.

quote author=theiky post=99790438]

You have to be careful oo. I’d say let this person do it first and get your confirmed date before you pay for anything because these are desperate times.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jegsgirl: 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2021
Thanks alot, i will be on the look out myself. Your response is highly appreciated!

theiky:

Finally finally shaaa, don’t try it lol.... there’s actually someone that collects money Smh
Keep being on the lookout, you’d probably find a closer date yourself, from what I’ve read here people find dates around 1-3pm so keep trying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
USA2019:
I need an intelligent, educated, spiritual (Christian), and career-focused lady of age 25-30 years. She should be Yoruba or from other Southern Nigeria tribe. I'm currently working on my Ph.D. in the U.S. and financially ok, but not an ATM. The lady should have something (job) doing. I will file for F-2 visa for the right lady.

The candidate will look like (or better than) these pictures below. I hope this is not so hard to get. Referrals welcome.

Na your spec be this?? Hahahahahahah
You will file for F-2 like really? The ground you walk on will be tongue licked dry lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ozzy15: 4:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Please I need an urgent response to my questions.

In 2018, I filled my visa form where I stated I had no relative in the US ,and was granted visa to attend a conference which I did. Early last year I purchased a ticket wanting to vacation at stay with a distant cousin ,then covid happened and I haven't been able to travel.

My visa expired late last year and I've paid for another visa and used my email to login ,I got October date for interview, but I haven't filled my DS-160form yet.

My questions are :should I maintain in my form that I don't have a relative in US or should I tick yes .

In the part where it states name of contact in US ,should I also fill in the details of my distant cousin or just use a hotel in peace.

Lastly should I also use a hotel address as where I'd be staying or use my cousins address which is actually where I intend staying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thoyesh: 4:18am On Mar 12, 2021
Hello guys
What time/days can someone be on the lookout for appointments slots for b1/b2? Or is there anyway around it?
Thanks alot!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by coldsummer: 4:58am On Mar 12, 2021
Thoyesh:
Hello guys
What time/days can someone be on the lookout for appointments slots for b1/b2? Or is there anyway around it?
Thanks alot!!!

Someone answered this question a few lines up. If only you will just read
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by coldsummer: 5:01am On Mar 12, 2021
Ozzy15:
Please I need an urgent response to my questions.

In 2018, I filled my visa form where I stated I had no relative in the US ,and was granted visa to attend a conference which I did. Early last year I purchased a ticket wanting to vacation at stay with a distant cousin ,then covid happened and I haven't been able to travel.

My visa expired late last year and I've paid for another visa and used my email to login ,I got October date for interview, but I haven't filled my DS-160form yet.

My questions are :should I maintain in my form that I don't have a relative in US or should I tick yes .

In the part where it states name of contact in US ,should I also fill in the details of my distant cousin or just use a hotel in peace.

Lastly should I also use a hotel address as where I'd be staying or use my cousins address which is actually where I intend staying.

Answer the question as honest as your situation is.

I'd probably use a hotel or an Airbnb. But answer honestly

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2021
Thoyesh:
Hello guys
Thanks alot!!!

Somebody said between 12 and 3pm daily. I have been on the lookout too but nothing yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by planetx: 11:00am On Mar 12, 2021
oluayebenz:

And you apply for a visiting visa
Lol the guy is a real online comedian.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hello everyone, I had my interview today and got my visa approved ...
It was raining rejections and sorry you do not qualify for visa at this time. Guys, people were crying today and the person in front of me was a bank manager and they still rejected her oo...
Was a really friendly VO, but still was telling people no, got to my turn and it was a pretty easy Q&A session.... just wanna thank God cos what a day ���

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kemo88:
Had my appointment and my visa was approved.
A lot of people were rejected. As usual there was a VO rejecting almost everyone and I was praying not to be sent there.
We were all standing in front of the VOs. I was the last on the queue. At some point it was a lady and I left there other people behind us were still taking finger prints. It was the lady’s turn but the VO directly in front of us asked me to come to him and he sent the lady to another VO. The VO who called on me wasn’t the one Viciously rejecting people but he just rejected the 3 People before me
My transcript:
VO: *cracks an initial joke and laughs
Me: *laughing even though I didn’t hear what he said

Me: good morning

VO : good morning, how are you today

Me: im ok , how about yourself?

VO: I’m great ... so why are you going to the US

Me: holiday

VO: how long?

Me: about 3 weeks

VO : where are you going

Me : *mentions name of city

VO: What’s the longest time you spent in the US

Me: 5months

VO: can you tell me about that?

Me: I was on an F1 visa, went as a Graduate student

VO: *cuts me short* was that a semester course ?

Me: no, it was a two year program , I Came home a lot at every chance I got

VO: You were missing home?

Me: yes.

VO: what school did you go?

Me;*******

VO: so what countries have you been to asides the US?

Me: Canada , UK, Dubai and the US.. oh sorry You Saïd asides the US..

VO: *laughs * yes cos I can see here that you have been to the US a gazillion multiple times ... so tell me about your last trip to the US?

Me: I travelled for a week, went on tour(mentioned some tourism attractions in the city I went) , did some shopping.

VO: you married?

Me: yes

VO : how many kids do you have?

Me: A cute little one

VO: are you traveling with your husband and child ?

Me: not at this time

VO: why?

Me: I need some me time really...

VO: *laughs* some me time?

Me: You know what I mean

VO : *laughs* yeah I do ... so what do you do for work?

Me: I’m a surgeon, I work at ***** I do **** surgeries, reconstruct bla bla (my comfort zone so I spent time there)

VO: Wow! you sound like you love what you do?

Me: im pretty passionate about it.

VO: are you visiting family?

Me: no I’m not

Vo placed my passport On the blue paper and my heart sunk. Then he says :

VO: I won’t be returning your passport at this time cos we have decided to give you A visa.

He brought out white paper.

Hé was friendly but more friendly with the 2 people He had rejected just before me. So I was nervous. I was worried also cos for every approval there were like 10 rejections. Most approvals were renewals.

This was my longest us visa interview. I don’t know why. thank God for everything

Please when did your last visa expire? We kind of share some things in common, I’m also a dr with good travel history 4 previous us visas one given via the interview and the others via drop box given in 2016 and expired since 2018. But been so worried about my interview which is in October since I haven’t had an interview in a while. I plan to travel with my daughter. Any advice would be appreciated

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
[quote author=piscesnow post=99827106][/quote]

Oh that’s good! I’m a doctor too with 3 previous US visas and a US citizen son. My last visa expired in December. Was lucky enough to get a date but travelling pretty soon

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prinxcharles(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hello House,
Please give me honest insights.

I started my Ph.D. this January in the US and I was hopeful my fiancee would be getting a Ph.D. admission for August, however, she was unlucky and now I'm searching for ways for her to come spend some time with me to keep the bond active.

She is currently on her Masters and also works in Lagos. But she's never traveled out of Nigeria. I would like to know what her chances are of securing a B1/B2 visa. What her *key strengths* may be in convincing the VO to accept her VISA, if she should mention or not that she intends to pursue a Ph.D. in the USA after completing her masters. I see that it's hard to get early appointment dates, but I'm willing to do it right by the first try.

In the same vein, I don't know if anyone here can provide a suggestion on quite affordable places she and I can rendezvous maybe in the summer, that would not require visa uncertainties and flights to and fro for both of us would cheap enough for me to cover.

Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2021
theiky:
It was raining rejections and sorry you do not qualify for visa at this time. Guys, people were crying today and the person in front of me was a bank manager and they still rejected her oo...
Was a really friendly VO, but still was telling people no, got to my turn and it was a pretty easy Q&A session.... just wanna thank God cos what a day ���

Why crying if I may ask?

Please share your transcript.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fela1000: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2021
oluayebenz:

No VO will denied you with this your profile nah.

So why worried?

As in the profile mad.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
Its been like this like forever. My first and only Visa Interview was in 2008 and even at that time a lot of rejections including a banker.

Bankers then were privileged career people not to talk of now that banking job is not regarded as anything. I can imagine that lot more people are now applying even if not qualified. Many try their luck and some are lucky though.

theiky:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
If she has a good job she can try.

Being single and with no kid(s) further reduces this luck, having not been outside Nigeria, reduces chances even further. She should give it a try, you never know.

If denied, you guys can meet in Dubai or South Africa.
Prinxcharles:
Hello House,
Please give me honest insights.

I started my Ph.D. this January in the US and I was hopeful my fiancee would be getting a Ph.D. admission for August, however, she was unlucky and now I'm searching for ways for her to come spend some time with me to keep the bond active.

She is currently on her Masters and also works in Lagos. But she's never traveled out of Nigeria. I would like to know what her chances are of securing a B1/B2 visa. What her *key strengths* may be in convincing the VO to accept her VISA, if she should mention or not that she intends to pursue a Ph.D. in the USA after completing her masters. I see that it's hard to get early appointment dates, but I'm willing to do it right by the first try.

In the same vein, I don't know if anyone here can provide a suggestion on quite affordable places she and I can rendezvous maybe in the summer, that would not require visa uncertainties and flights to and fro for both of us would cheap enough for me to cover.

Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
[quote author=oluayebenz post=99831568]

Why crying if I may ask?

Please share your transcript.......[/quote

I’d cry too, if I’m not granted a visa that I need. They were crying cos the rejections were flying left right and center, here’s my transcript

Me: hello, good morning
Vo: good morning, can I have your passport and conformation page?!( I handed them in)
Vo: so are you travelling with your son?(I had my son with me)
Me: yes I am
Vo: so he’s a citizen of??
Me: the United States..
Vo: okay, opens up my ds 160 form and reads,turns to me and asks, so when was your last visit and how long did you stay there?
Me: gave date and x amount of months
Vo: so you gave birth to him on that visa?
Me: no, he was born x months later and I left before my time expired
Vo: so how is he a citizen of the USA?
Me: we went to x country where I’m a resident and had him there, his dad is a us citizen
Vo: oh, okay, that’s it, now I get it
Me: yeah that’s it, boom
Vo: so what do you do in Nigeria
Me: we are visiting remember we live in x country
Vo: so what are going to the us for this time?
Me: taking our son there .......
Vo: okay okay that makes sense
Vo: so what do you do in x country
Me: I’m a doctor
Vo: great so where does your hubby live
Me: told him
Vo: alright your visa will be ready within few days (hands me white paper), just read it the instructions for collection are written there
Me: thank you
Vo: have a nice day

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
megastu:
Its been like this like forever. My first and only Visa Interview was in 2008 and even at that time a lot of rejections including a banker.

Bankers then were privileged career people not to talk of now that banking job is not regarded as anything. I can imagine that lot more people are now applying even if not qualified. Many try their luck and some are lucky though.

Yeah, you’re totally right! Also saw today that being single is like a very straight line to getting a refusal at this time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by USA2019: 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
I need a cool lady already in the U.S. or with stable career path in Nigeria. PM me if you're interested. Your age should be 25-30. I'm in Texas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
Hahaha see sweet profile grin

Any VO that denied visa for you deserve a serious beating cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2021
theiky:
[/quote]

[quote author=theiky post=99835547]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
USA2019:
I need a cool lady already in the U.S. or with stable career path in Nigeria. PM me if you're interested. Your age should be 25-30. I'm in Texas.

Are you seriously serious?

Check out at romance session thou sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by USA2019: 1:32am On Mar 13, 2021
grin
AfonjaBoston:

Na your spec be this?? Hahahahahahah
You will file for F-2 like really? The ground you walk on will be tongue licked dry lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by USA2019: 1:33am On Mar 13, 2021
oluayebenz:

Are you seriously serious?

Check out at romance session thou sad

grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Okpf: 3:36am On Mar 13, 2021
lly finally shaaa, don’t try it lol.... there’s actually someone that collects money Smh
Keep being on the lookout, you’d probably find a closer date yourself, from what I’ve read here people find dates around 1-3pm so keep trying.

Please 1-3pm or am? Was told you get earlier dates mostly at night? more info on this please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 5:10am On Mar 13, 2021
USA2019:
grin

It wasn't funny
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by USA2019: 7:18am On Mar 13, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

It wasn't funny

You mean they will eat me without leftovers?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 7:34am On Mar 13, 2021
oluayebenz:

Hahahahah!!!!! They even had to call the security on two people that were a little ahead of me cos they kept telling VO it’s unfair to reject them and please reconsider, what’s the reason for the denial etc?? VO stayed calm the whole time and kept saying we have strict immigration rules and sorry you don’t qualify for visa at this time, nobody is above our laws�... funny, a good number of people there were first timers so the rejections were just as much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by theiky: 7:36am On Mar 13, 2021
Okpf:
lly finally shaaa, don’t try it lol.... there’s actually someone that collects money Smh

Please 1-3pm or am? Was told you get earlier dates mostly at night? more info on this please

It’s pm that I know of though, Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays specifically it’s like a magic lol but you can be on the lookout at night too... just be consistent and patient, it’ll eventually come through. All the best

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by planetx: 8:45am On Mar 13, 2021
oluayebenz:

Why crying if I may ask?

Please share your transcript.......
Crying because the plan of japaing to Amelica is foiled.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fairheart(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2021
presiade:
I hope it's not that fairheart of a guy; be careful, in fact, don't try it.
Fairheart what? I hope you have prove for whatsoever wrong you assumed I have done to you or anyone here?
I have never booked appointment for anyone from this thread or outside of it, let alone talking about taking money to look for date.
You need to be careful of any allegation you place on people you don't know, so you'd not bring damnation on yourself.
Even in the group I conduct mock for students, I always tell them not to pay to schedule appointment because you can always find date and in a situation there's no date, you can use emergency appointment.

Please clear my name from what you posted here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.