Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932704 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2023
larrymills:
Hello Everyone,
Plz I need links to pay for visa fee for a person in the Uk, can seems to find the link. Someone plz help mi
It is advisable to always visit the official website of the item/process you are looking for. Don't get phished by using links sent to you by random strangers on the internet.
ustraveldocs > select location (UK) > Visas > The fee is paid through the Visa Appointment Service website.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2023
[quote author=onyinyeann post=127360655]Hi Everyone,

I'm in need of an interview date between now and January 15th 2024 (Lagos/Abuja). I know it sounds like a long shot but please what can i do to increase my chances?

Thank you![/quote

Hey 🤠

Apply for an emergency Appointment through your portal if you still have the option or call the CGI help line may be you can find favor.

Best wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cocao(f): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hemstone:
Good day everyone, thanks for all you do. Please, I have a few questions.
I appreciate you all.

Others have given you great advice. Just came here to tell you to start an adjustment of status application as soon as possible. If you are married already, there is no need to wait that long. USCIS timelines are crazy nowadays and you want to have an application in as soon as you can so you are not under much pressure.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hemstone:
Good day everyone, thanks for all you do. Please, I have a few questions.

I came to the US as a student in 2021 August, and I graduated in May, 2023. After graduation, I got married to my gf who is an American citizen in June 2023, and she also came to the state where I schooled for postgraduate education, just like me. She graduated a year before me and even though she had a job offer waiting for her in her state, she stayed back to start another work in that state because she wanted to stay with me while I am still a student, and still have a year to round up my program. I started working in July, 2023 as a consultant after graduation, and we now live together. What we did in June 2023 was an official court validated wedding with our families joining via zoom. It was just me and her and the officiating pastor. However, her family owns a church in her state and that is where almost all her family lives and we will be having a church wedding there in December 2024, and then a reception to follow, and I want my mother to be attending the ceremony (My dad is late). Also, even though my wife wanted me to, I haven’t applied for a green card and I work using my OPT for now. All these are just to give a proper context to everyone. So, my question are the following;

1. How soon enough can I start my mother’s B2 visa application considering appointment date issues? As soon as possible

2. Can she apply and go for the interview early next year, have the visa, and then travel in November next year? Depends on the date she gets

3. Will booking an appointment date of let say March, 2024, which is 10 months in advance of the ceremony, jeopardize her chances of getting the visa? No correlation you're overthinking this

4. What dates are people able to get currently as I don’t have an idea. I only remember that I had to initiate emergency in 2021 to get a favorable appointment date when I traveled on an F1 visa. Check dates yourself, you have time

5. Since I am already married and what she’s coming for is our church wedding to honour my wife’s parents (she’s their first child and they are pastors so they want her to have a church wedding where their congregation can witness and bless), what will she say her reason for traveling is? You already said the reason is church wedding

6. Will using my wife’s name as the sponsor increase her chances? Nope

7. Can my wife file a green card for her while she’s out of the country? Is it necessary and will that be needed? Nope only a US citizen can file for their own parent

Sorry for my elaborate questions 😔😔. Thanks in advance to those who will take out their time to give me answers. I appreciate you all.

Answers in bold

Listen to your wife you should have filed for adjustment of status immediately you got married. It is a process on its own it's not like getting a visa. Unless you have no plans to stay back in the US I'm not sure why you were more concerned about your mum getting a green card and not yourself.

Sir,
OPT doesn't mean much, US companies can sack you with two weeks paycheck with little notice. They do it to citizens and green card holders not to talk of you working in temporary residence capacity with OPT.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
fkj950ax:

Both names as sponsors. You and wife. You work and direct relation/family to your mum.
Leave GC matter for now. It will give notion she won’t be coming back after B1/B2 and will adjust status. That’s easy reason for VO to hide behind when denying the B1/B2. You guys can do GC later on.
Start searching for dates yesterday.
Neither wife or him can do GC for the mother anyways.
Only US citizens can apply for GC for their own parents

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Partum007: 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
Esi2cool:

Good morning pls can anyone help on this.
My profile still remais the same from last visa application 3 years ago. I have paid the visa fee on wednesday.

Good evening. I submitted my DS 160 yesterday. Paid my visa fee, but till now. I haven't been able to book an appointment, Profile doesn't seem to have changed from when i applied 3 years ago even after update. What can i do?

Please I’m in the same boat as you’re currently, how were you able to fix this? I’ve had an interview already tho but my case was put in administrative processing and all of a sudden when I logged in I saw this reschedule follow up interview and got no mail as regards that from the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by saucekey(m): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pls i would like to ask what documents do one need to go with when one wants to drop off for IW

Also are the documents for IW gonna be drop off at Walter carrington as stated on the appointment page

What is the minimum time frame for it to be ready for Pick up after document has been submitted

Pls it’s urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Partum007:

Please I’m in the same boat as you’re currently, how were you able to fix this? I’ve had an interview already tho but my case was put in administrative processing and all of a sudden when I logged in I saw this reschedule follow up interview and got no mail as regards that from the embassy
U will eventually get a mail for passport pick up at your scheduled DHL location. When u pick up ur passport, inside the passport will be a paper to invite u for follow up interview.
Log in to your profile, they open early dates for follow up interview and u should be able to book.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dollypiizu: 10:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Any one did Dropbox recently?
Are you able to add both parent under the same Dropbox appointment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 5:37am On Dec 09, 2023
Dollypiizu:
Any one did Dropbox recently?
Are you able to add both parent under the same Dropbox appointment?
no
Each applicant must have their own profile with no dependents added

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dollypiizu: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2023
nwauwa:
no
Each applicant must have their own profile with no dependents added

Something like this will not be accepted? Where it’s 2 applicants on the appointment?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Dollypiizu:

Something like this will not be accepted? Where it’s 2 applicants on the appointment?
as far as I know you wouldn’t even be able to book this now, so is this an old picture?

When u answer the Dropbox questions pre-booking, once you answer yes to dependents, you would be automatically disqualified from Dropbox and asked to schedule a fresh interview or remove your defendants from your profile

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cleancars247: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hello all,

Please I mistakenly clicked on the reschedule button for an interview coming up on the 21st of this month. I later received an email that the request had been approved but when I logged on till this minute the date was still as scheduled. Do I need to be worried?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
cleancars247:
Hello all,

Please I mistakenly clicked on the reschedule button for an interview coming up on the 21st of this month. I later received an email that the request had been approved but when I logged on till this minute the date was still as scheduled. Do I need to be worried?

Hey 🤠

Disregard the email if your current Appointment is still intact . The embassy might just be replying to your old request to schedule an appointment.

If the email you received is confirmation of new appointment then you have consciously rescheduled your appointment because the process to reschedule takes 3 STEPS .

IF the email is saying your request to schedule an appointment has been granted ..then DISREGARD IT if your present Appointment is okay with your timing .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Good evening GURUS my sister filled her form since February, her interview is on Tuesday 12, she’s trying to retrieve her form but says it has been submitted, is it adviced to fill another Ds160 please tonight?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 12:11am On Dec 10, 2023
iyanuakin:
Good evening GURUS my sister filled her form since February, her interview is on Tuesday 12, she’s trying to retrieve her form but says it has been submitted, is it adviced to fill another Ds160 please tonight?

Thank you

Hey 🤠

Your sister has not finished the DS 160 and wanted to continue but forget the retrieval code OR She left the DS 160 uncompleted until after 30 days which would automatically deny her access .

Anyways , WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?? She has only Monday 11th to update her DS 160 on her CGI page.

1. Go ahead and fill another DS 160 , she must be certain that she upload her picture on the DS 160 and submit everything at ago , and print out the confirmation page which will display her picture .

2. After this , login to her CGI page and click on update profile , add the new DS 160 number and click save .

3. Go back to the CGI page by Monday evening and print out a new appointment confirmation number , your new DS 160 number will reflect in the Appointment letter .

You can as well email the new DS 160 confirmation number to the embassy via the Feedback option on her CGI page telling them to update her DS 160 confirmation.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:47am On Dec 10, 2023
iyanuakin:

Thank you

She obviously submitted a filled form in February.
It’s advisable to stay within a 6 month window so she should fill a new DS160 and update. Feb-Dec is 10 months.
If her circumstances hasn’t changed, then no cause for alarm. Just reprint the confirmation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 4:41am On Dec 10, 2023
Please how do i dissociate my dependent from my CGI profile?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2023
piscesnow:
Please how do i dissociate my dependent from my CGI profile?

Hey 🤠

I don't think that you can click on family information on CGI after inputted... That means it's not editable or can't be deleted by you .

Send message to CGI via the FEEDBACK option in your profile and tell them what you want them to do for you .

You may also call the CGI help desk during working days ..Mon - Frid .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 7:11am On Dec 10, 2023
fkj950ax:

She obviously submitted a filled form in February.
It’s advisable to stay within a 6 month window so she should fill a new DS160 and update. Feb-Dec is 10 months.
If her circumstances hasn’t changed, then no cause for alarm. Just reprint the confirmation.

Yes her circumstance has changed especially her job role, salary
So she wants to update, since her interview is coming up on Tuesday
We want to know if we fill another
Her profile will be updated before that Tuesday
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2023
iyanuakin:

Thank you

Hey 🤠

Your wife visa interview is in a Dicey situation because It is recommended that DS 160 be completed at least 48 hours prior to her appointment.

You may gamble this scenario if you really want to add anything to your information.

1. Fill another DS 160.
2. Call CGI on Monday and tell them to help you update your CGI.
3. Update your DS 160 manually by inputting the new DS i60 number in your CGI profile
4..Reprint your appointment letter Monday night and check the DS 160 number written on it if it TALLIES with the new DS 160 confirmation print out .
5. Or reprint her Appointment confirmation very early on Tuesday and still cross check if the DS 160 in the Appointment letter tallies with the new DS 160 .

NOTE : If the new DS 160 is not displayed on the Appointment confirmation that means she has to attend her interview with the Old DS 160 confirmation.

NOTE 2. Be certain that her location of interview is what she chose in the begining of the DS 160 ie.Lagos or Abuja . Also be certain that her passport photo is displayed on the DS 160 confirmation.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tinnymerit(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Pls house and the gurus here, an uncle is giving me and my family invitation to the US, is there a way to get an early appointment date for the interview. Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dollypiizu: 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
nwauwa:
as far as I know you wouldn’t even be able to book this now, so is this an old picture?

When u answer the Dropbox questions pre-booking, once you answer yes to dependents, you would be automatically disqualified from Dropbox and asked to schedule a fresh interview or remove your defendants from your profile

I actual just scheduled that appointment on Thursday. It’s not an old picture.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
tinnymerit:
Pls house and the gurus here, an uncle is giving me and my family invitation to the US, is there a way to get an early appointment date for the interview. Thanks in advance.

Hey 🤠

To qualify for an emergency Appointment, you have to apply under these 3 categories...

1. Student (F1)
2. (Medical) B1/B2 ..
3. Business (B1/B2.

The most important categories that the embassy places VERY IMPORTANCE to are Number 1 & 2.

You and your family falls under Business and pleasure because you are going for MERRY AND FUN.

If your host in the USA can write a VERY GOOD EMOTIONAL invitation letter ..you can use it to apply for an emergency Appointment at the embassy . All things are possible with God.

Best wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

Your wife visa interview is in a Dicey situation because It is recommended that DS 160 be completed at least 48 hours prior to her appointment.

You may gamble this scenario if you really want to add anything to your information.

1. Fill another DS 160.
2. Call CGI on Monday and tell them to help you update your CGI.
3. Update your DS 160 manually by inputting the new DS i60 number in your CGI profile
4..Reprint your appointment letter Monday night and check the DS 160 number written on it if it TALLIES with the new DS 160 confirmation print out .
5. Or reprint her Appointment confirmation very early on Tuesday and still cross check if the DS 160 in the Appointment letter tallies with the new DS 160 .

NOTE : If the new DS 160 is not displayed on the Appointment confirmation that means she has to attend her interview with the Old DS 160 confirmation.

NOTE 2. Be certain that her location of interview is what she chose in the begining of the DS 160 ie.Lagos or Abuja . Also be certain that her passport photo is displayed on the DS 160 confirmation.

Best Wishes 🙏

Note 2, is not necessary. The location of your ds 160 means the location you’re filling the form from. Appointment location is different. You can choose, lagos ds160 and Abuja as interview location
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
babyfaiz:

Note 2, is not necessary. The location of your ds 160 means the location you’re filling the form from. Appointment location is different. You can choose, lagos ds160 and Abuja as interview location

Hey 🤠

Really ? No problem that's your opinion . But i think it is reasonable to chose Lagos in your DS 160 if you want to be Interview in Lagos . Abi .. NIGERIANS ..How will somebody who want to be Interview in Abuja chose Lagos as a location

Confirmation of her passport photo on the DS 160 is also not necessarily ? It's under NOTE 2 .

Thank you for commenting anyways.

Best Wishes 🙏

PS: I believe the location is meant to be interpreted as your choice of Interview location. If you chose Abuja in your DS 160 , then correct reasoning will knows that you want to be interviewed in Abuja . ( My own opinion though ).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tinnymerit(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

To qualify for an emergency Appointment, you have to apply under these 3 categories...

1. Student (F1)
2. (Medical) B1/B2 ..
3. Business (B1/B2.

The most important categories that the embassy places VERY IMPORTANCE to are Number 1 & 2.

You and your family falls under Business and pleasure because you are going for MERRY AND FUN.

If your host in the USA can write a VERY GOOD EMOTIONAL invitation letter ..you can use it to apply for an emergency Appointment at the embassy . All things are possible with God.

Best wishes 🙏

Thanks so much
I appreciate your prompt and concise reply. I will work on it and revert to the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ghideourn(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
I am super happy, this group helped me to achieve success in my B1/B2 Via application.

MAKE THIS A THREAD ? cool

I applied for the visa in March 2021, and my interview was set for March of 2022. Few days to my interview date i got an email that my interview has been brought forward. This meant that i had to pick another date for interview.

The reason why my interview was brought forward was because of the Ukraine/Russian Conflict and they were only catering to medical, emergency or student Visa submissions. On opening the interview date portal, the next date was November 22nd and i picked it.

I had 2 whole years to prepare for this interview, and during this time i would speak with my friends and people generally to try and know their experience at the intervew centres,and also read peoples experiences from Nairaland as well. I was very much prepared and had the conviction that i will emerge successful.

I arrived in Abuja few days to my interview, printed all my documents, and here are the few important things i did :

- Updated my appointment confirmation form as i had previously renewed my passport so for my new passport number to reflect on my form
- Took US specified passport photographs and stapled to my DS-160 confirmation form
- The documents i printed out where specified to the storyline in my application. I am a buisness owner who is self sponsoring my trip and does not know anyone in the US and in that regards, this are the list of documents i printed.
- Introduction Letter as CEO of my company
- Company bank statement
- Flight/hotel reservation
- Appointment Confirmation
- Proof of Visa payment
- Confirmation of Application

To be continued ....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 2:42am On Dec 11, 2023
I have tried the feedback form there is no prompt to follpw. I will try to call. Thanks for your response highly appreciated
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

I don't think that you can click on family information on CGI after inputted... That means it's not editable or can't be deleted by you .

Send message to CGI via the FEEDBACK option in your profile and tell them what you want them to do for you .

You may also call the CGI help desk during working days ..Mon - Frid .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 5:24am On Dec 11, 2023
piscesnow:
I have tried the feedback form there is no prompt to follpw. I will try to call. Thanks for your response highly appreciated

Hey 🤠

Once you click the feed back it takes you to a written space where you can type and attach document if you like then send it ...

Anyways , the physical calling is also very important. Do that and let's see .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
Background: 2 US refusals(2016/2017). I had only been to three countries(South Africa, Dubai and Seychelles). I was in my finals and the visa was refused in Abuja.

I'm a male, and I shared my visa refusal in 2017, you'd see it if you click my profile and check my posts from 2017.

2023 Application Date: September 2023
Interview Date: Today

VO: Why are you going to the states?
Me: I'd like to go on a vacation to Miami and New York

Vo: Have you ever been out of the country?
Me: Yes, I have visited Eleven Countries.

VO: Where have you been in the past one year?
Me: UK(Thrice this year), France, Italy, Greece, Netherlands.(All between May and Now).

VO: What do you do?
Me: I own ***, I have owned it for five years, I have * employees, we partner with fintechs and retail stores.

VO: How much do you earn monthly?
Me: 2m

VO: How much profit monthly?
Me: Six million but it’s not fixed so it could be higher or lower.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No

VO: Do you have kids?
Me: No

VO: You should know the law has changed, and you cannot have a child in the US if you do get married.
Me: I know

VO: I'll be approving your visa, this document would tell you how to pick up your visa.
VO: Travel responsibly(I didn't understand but maybe it's because I've visited the Uk thrice this year).

I have had numerous Visa refusals, but I got a UK visa this year and that changed my life!

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babyfaiz: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ghideourn:
I am super happy, this group helped me to achieve success in my B1/B2 Via application.

MAKE THIS A THREAD ? cool

I applied for the visa in March 2021, and my interview was set for March of 2022. Few days to my interview date i got an email that my interview has been brought forward. This meant that i had to pick another date for interview.

The reason why my interview was brought forward was because of the Ukraine/Russian Conflict and they were only catering to medical, emergency or student Visa submissions. On opening the interview date portal, the next date was November 22nd and i picked it.

I had 2 whole years to prepare for this interview, and during this time i would speak with my friends and people generally to try and know their experience at the intervew centres,and also read peoples experiences from Nairaland as well. I was very much prepared and had the conviction that i will emerge successful.

I arrived in Abuja few days to my interview, printed all my documents, and here are the few important things i did :

- Updated my appointment confirmation form as i had previously renewed my passport so for my new passport number to reflect on my form
- Took US specified passport photographs and stapled to my DS-160 confirmation form
- The documents i printed out where specified to the storyline in my application. I am a buisness owner who is self sponsoring my trip and does not know anyone in the US and in that regards, this are the list of documents i printed.
- Introduction Letter as CEO of my company
- Company bank statement
- Flight/hotel reservation
- Appointment Confirmation
- Proof of Visa payment
- Confirmation of Application

To be continued ....

Congrats. We are waiting to hear the continuation. Drop the transcripts, let’s all learn from it

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.