Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (939864 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vsylva(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
This Guy!!!.. LOL... you seem to give people reason to start accusing you of what you probably aint.. I've seen your name popup in this topic and Canada student topic every now and then with people attacking you.. me i wont do that... as i dont know you.. or anything.. but that was harsh... That person asked that question because I'm sure like everyone here... after reading that transcript you ask yourself.. "Ok may this guy has been traveling and has loads of travel history that's why the VO was quick.. or maybe he was married.. or may this or that" those questions will help other people out.... Abeg allow people ask their question... people are already tensioned with the everything going on in Naija.. no come add your own... P.S I come in peace.... if this comes across as me attacking.. I apologize.

To the guy who just got his VISA... Biko congrats jare

AfonjaBoston:

Are you collecting data?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Are you collecting data?

undecided

I have my reason to asked that question.
I got no clue why you quote me thou

Afonja you seriously need help

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
vsylva:
This Guy!!!.. LOL... you seem to give people reason to start accusing you of what you probably aint.. I've seen your name popup in this topic and Canada student topic every now and then with people attacking you.. me i wont do that... as i dont know you.. or anything.. but that was harsh... That person asked that question because I'm sure like everyone here... after reading that transcript you ask yourself.. "Ok may this guy has been traveling and has loads of travel history that's why the VO was quick.. or maybe he was married.. or may this or that" those questions will help other people out.... Abeg allow people ask their question... people are already tensioned with the everything going on in Naija.. no come add your own... P.S I come in peace.... if this comes across as me attacking.. I apologize.

God bless you,
Exactly the reason why I asked that question, so others with similar profile can atleast gain some confidence!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2021
hilariouscandy:

I don’t think so, I think he asked just to determine one’s faith.

Exactly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
vsylva:

How does the question(s) or answers prove that was the exact reason the OP was granted a visa?

Those questions are subjective and have no bearing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 12:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Some words are better left unsaid. Congratulations to those who just got their visa approved. Please provide help as much as you can, every question deserves an answer.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spencatrading20: 1:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Please what is the first available date in Lagos and Abuja for B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 6:07am On Jun 13, 2021
People like Afonjan are the reason this thread has almost died a natural death. Go to US visit visa Part 1-3 and see how lively this thread used to be.
Their judgmental attitudes has stopped ppl from sharing their profiles and interview experiences, the only transcript you read here now are few approval transcripts.
It’s very pitiable

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nimmadiji(f): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2021
pufframmy:
congratulation bro, Is this ur first time Applying ?

Thank you. No it is not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nimmadiji(f): 7:23am On Jun 13, 2021
oluayebenz:

Are you married?
Any previous travel to the USA/Europe?

I am not married.
Yes, I did grad school in the States.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 8:59am On Jun 13, 2021
Nimmadiji:
Visa approved
June 8th
Time: dunno couldn't go in with a digital watch.

Doubt my transcript would be of any help because my interview was incredibly brief.

I was asked only 3 questions:-
1. Why are you going to the US?
2. Where are you going?
3. What do you do?

I noticed that people who were interviewed before me were asked more questions than I was.

The man barely looked at me. He spent more time typing away on his computer.

My appointment was for 9am but my big head didn't make it to the consulate till like 9:30.

There was no queue at the entrace of the screening hall probably because everyone but me came early enough. The security guards asked for bribe before letting me in. Typical.

There weren't a lot of people there so I didn't have to wait long before proceeding to the interview hall.

There were 3 VOs and for some reason they took their time with the applicants and asked quite a bit of qquestions. They weren't even rushing.

I saw a few F1 applicants young and not so young get denied. Some parents who went with their kids got denied as well after tensioning them with more questions.

NOTE: those who agents for their entire application process should be careful. Filling a ds-160 form isn't hard, take your time and do it yourself.

Two people who used agents were sent back at the screening hall. One of them had a confirmation printout that said june 8th 2021 but when they checked their records it was for March 2022.

Try to at least log into your profile to see the thing yourself. Print your confirmation yourself instead of showing up with some document some shady guy gave you.

I had a similar interview for mine, it was short. VO barely looked at me just looking at the computer.
Then I have had visa interview denied that was that short, I have had approvals that I had a longer interview where the VO asked a good number of questions too.

I truly believe its the DS 160 that's the determinant of how the interview will go.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Spencatrading20:
Please what is the first available date in Lagos and Abuja for B1/B2
March 31 2022 for lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Nimmadiji:

I am not married.
Yes, I did grad school in the States.

Thanks
Congrat!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
fkj950ax:

I think the first question is why do you want to go to the US? Holiday or relocating?

Single, no travel history, young, limited financial strength is a tough profile to use in convincing a VO you are coming back.

Given this is a Non-Immigrant thread, are you considering immigrant purposes based on the above?

It's always a red flag at US Embassy when you have a sponsor picking part or all of your bill. It is an indicator your current financial status can motivate you to decline returning from a country with greater economic opportunities.

If you have immigration intent, and willing to work as a saxophonist, join their church and apply for a Religious Worker Visa, (I don't know what its called).
They must be ready to employ you in their church, and attest to a lot of things. You should check if there is a thread on this.

This kind visa dey? Naa the first time i dey hear of am.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Keren12: 2:22am On Jun 14, 2021
Please house my friend got an invite for September 2021 . Can he get a slot for interview before this day?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:49am On Jun 14, 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Keren12:
Please house my friend got an invite for September 2021 . Can he get a slot for interview before this day?

Except you are looking for agents to DM you, I don't think anyone can definitely provide you answers here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruggedly: 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
Please can any one suggest an affordable hotel close to Abuja Embassy ? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lagos Feb 24 2022. But when tried scheduling appointment it comes up sorry site under maintenance. Has anyone encounter this before. However I have started filling my DS160 form yet to submit. Can I schedule an appointment and later submit DS160, reason so I can get early date. Thamks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nancyamah: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
I used ritman Hotel..
Ruggedly:
Please can any one suggest an affordable hotel close to Abuja Embassy ? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Everywhere is close in Abuja. You dont have to stay too close to the embassy, as long as you within the town.
I can give you a place around Asokoro.
Ruggedly:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please just to clarify, in the section that ask have you been denied I said yes. But it was my husband that was the primary applicant me under him going with him for vacation, he was denied n given d blue paper. So meaning I was also denied even if I was not the primary applicant. Now am going on vacation alone with my children n husband, Now what do I say in the column briefly explain why you were denied?

Thanks
megastu:
Everywhere is close in Abuja. You dont have to stay too close to the embassy, as long as you within the town.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please just to clarify, in the section that ask have you been denied I said yes. But it was my husband that was the primary applicant me under him going with him for vacation, he was denied n given d blue paper. So meaning I was also denied even if I was not the primary applicant. Now am going on vacation alone without my children n husband, Now what do I say in the column briefly explain why you were denied?

megastu:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bamisho: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
I didn’t use my last 2 visas as I couldn’t take the time for a holiday. Will this affect my renewal ? At least it should be obvious that to them that to don’t want to japa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Lagos Feb 24 2022. But when tried scheduling appointment it comes up sorry site under maintenance. Has anyone encounter this before. However I have started filling my DS160 form yet to submit. Can I schedule an appointment and later submit DS160, reason so I can get early date. Thamks

Yes you can. You will need your visa payment number and application ID as generated on your DS-160.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
Nothing like primary applicsnt in visit (B1/B2) visa application. Each person has a different application even if you may have scheduled appointment together as a family.

There have been cases where people apply together, and one got approved while the other got refused.

So to put it plainly, you were refused based on your own circumstances, cos each application is reviewed differently.

You could say you were denied based on 214G. As simple as that. Most likely you would have been denied based on that or you could check the blue paper you were handed when the visa was refused.
Christabeliciou:
Please just to clarify, in the section that ask have you been denied I said yes. But it was my husband that was the primary applicant me under him going with him for vacation, he was denied n given d blue paper. So meaning I was also denied even if I was not the primary applicant. Now am going on vacation alone with my children n husband, Now what do I say in the column briefly explain why you were denied?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Its a one-on-one interview. If it comes up, you simply explain the reasons. I agree it shows you are not a japa candidate.
bamisho:
I didn’t use my last 2 visas as I couldn’t take the time for a holiday. Will this affect my renewal ? At least it should be obvious that to them that to don’t want to japa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bamisho: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
pointednose:
Its a one-on-one interview. If it comes up, you simply explain the reasons. I agree it shows you are not a japa candidate.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thanks done
pointednose:

Yes you can. You will need your visa payment number and application ID as generated on your DS-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ok I see, thanks. Just to say denied under section 214. Thanks

pointednose:
Nothing like primary applicsnt in visit (B1/B2) visa application. Each person has a different application even if you may have scheduled appointment together as a family.

There have been cases where people apply together, and one got approved while the other got refused.

So to put it plainly, you were refused based on your own circumstances, cos each application is reviewed differently.

You could say you were denied based on 214G. As simple as that. Most likely you would have been denied based on that or you could check the blue paper you were handed when the visa was refused.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Wanted to say communication gap between my husband n vo. But I like seeking advise, if u tink my response shd b denied under section 214, its ok then. Thank you for the response

pointednose:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Westlife007: 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please has anyone needed to do Medicals and Police report 2 weeks before your US Student Visa interview ?? On DHS Website it says it's amongst the checklist document to bring along Need an urgent reply please...Anyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: emmaodet and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.