Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown (5639 Views)

COVID-19: No Lockdown For Now ― FG / COVID-19: No Lockdown For Now ― FG / Ekiti Road Collapse: Palliative Works Begin On The Affected Road - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by SLAP44: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

Regional government is it. I wish we can put our differences away to achieve this

We were in regionalism in 1966 when the duo of Awolowo and Akintola nearly burnt down the whole western region in serious fights while we in the other south watched in helplessness.

An Oduduwa Republic will do you better because Balewa who didn't care would have been one "Adeyemi" or "Ogunsanya" instead who will care and intervene.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by SLAP44: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grayoso:

Gbam, gbamer, gbamest !!!!!!! I have the feeling this Covid-19, because of what it will do to the economy of those Nigeria relies on, will show who are the real parasite, empty barrels and wasters of Nigeria.

Pretty confident it won't be the SW. I endorse your message bruv.

Statistics at our disposal currently shows that the SW is the worse hit with deaths and mass violence and unrest. While the SS and SE are coping and calm, the North are paying themselves with our commonwealth (which is the reason for this wailing thread )

I pray the SW will start seeing the handwriting on the wall because our people will always say that "ana esi na isi aru wee mara uto nsi"

Ask you Igbo neighbours what it means grin

Let peace reign. grin
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

I think Oduduwa will make a very good country with limitless growth potentials. With your seaports and population and strong human capital, you can aim for the sky.

What are you really afraid of going it alone?

Who told you we are afraid of going it alone. You Igbos are always talking ignorantly. Why do we now have Amotekun? For all your noise about Biafra do you or any other region have anything as comprehensive, as detailed or as well-thought out as the Dawn plan is?

Yorubas just don't believe in flogging a dead horse like you lot shouting Biafra when such cannot be actualized since the constitutional provision does not exist to support the creation of Biafra or Oodua land.

Stop believing what your parents tell you about Yorubas who are actually deep and great thinkers. Forward the link below to Kanu, IPOB, Ohanaeze, MASSOB etal and tell them to stop being such self-destructive and redundant thinkers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dawncommission.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DAWN-Strategy-Roadmap.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjW9MDTofroAhVKKBoKHW6nAoYQFjABegQICBAI&usg=AOvVaw2xEUfJuhBstHitRH_5vU66&cshid=1587497756573
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

Statistics at our disposal currently shows that the SW is the worse hit with deaths and mass violence and unrest. While the SS and SE are coping and calm, the North are paying themselves with our commonwealth (which is the reason for this wailing thread )

I pray the SW will start seeing the handwriting on the wall because our people will always say that "ana esi na isi aru wee mara uto nsi"

Ask you Igbo neighbours what it means grin

Let peace reign. grin

See Igbos and dishonesty. So you willingly agree Lagos is now the South West since all you wrote in bold is essentially limited to Lagos which happens to be the smallest and most over-burdened State in Nigeria courtesy of unchecked inward migration to Lagos from every State of Nigeria.

This is the Same SW you lot have denied is Yoruba land for decades of argument. At least we thank Covid-19 for opening naive Yoruba eyes.

I just hope Yorubas with sense can see how you Igbos are denying Lagos now and conceding her to the SW because you feel the State is in trouble and are jubilating that. This is why I laugh at the naive OP who is suggesting an alliance between the SW and SE for the sake of combating the North. Oloun maje. God forbid.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

We were in regionalism in 1966 when the duo of Awolowo and Akintola nearly burnt down the whole western region in serious fights while we in the other south watched in helplessness.

An Oduduwa Republic will do you better because Balewa who didn't care would have been one "Adeyemi" or "Ogunsanya" instead who will care and intervene.
The problem of Nigeria now is resource control and allocation. Regional government will take care of that.

Don't forget that during the regional government
The First TV station in Africa was in the West
The Tallest building in Africa was in the West
The First University in Nigeria was in the West

The East had their source of income
The North had their source of Income
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

I think Oduduwa will make a very good country with limitless growth potentials. With your seaports and population and strong human capital, you can aim for the sky.

What are you really afraid of going it alone?
No.

Each region is technologically backward. You need a big market to graduate into the international market.

The Eastern market is too small for Innoson motors. A tire company in Lagos will not survive if the market is just western Nigeria.

Economy relies on technology and market size.
Nigeria has the market if we know how to use it to our advantage
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:

So that the yeasterners can start calling us unity beggar..Nah

Let each region test how relevants they are in the scheme of things in Nigeria
No.
We should set a stage for regional competition. Development will be fast as we strive to outshine each other. This is healthy for our collective development
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by helinues: 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

No.
We should set a stage for regional competition. Development will be fast as we strive to outshine each other. This is healthy for our collective development

The earlier Nigeria masses see presidency as ceremonial, the earlier better for them to hold their Governors, senators, reps and state assembly members at blokos
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

Nonsense and ingredients.

Do you really believe these figures? grin

Well, you are not from the Ss or Se
Can any one rig an election where he is not popular?
Could it also be that some of your people SOLD you out to Buhari?

If the wall doesn't open its mouth, can a lizard enter?
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

Coronavirus patients themselves get palliative treatments, because theres no medical cure for coronavirus as at today.

I repeat the money sharing is a scam. Bubu is only sharing money to his people in the north and his apc goons in the south.
Of course, the money sharing is a scam. They made it cash even though we are supposed to be running an cashless economy (at least from the government).

By the time they share 10million cash, they'll tell us that the 10billion wasn't even enough
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grayoso:

Buddy, stop saying what is unlikely to happen. There is no constitutional backing for it. Best any Government, especially a Northern one, can commit to would be restructuring not regional governance for very obvious reasons.

I believe Covid-19 has taken the feet-dragging option away for Nigeria to now make restructuring a matter of when not if.

With world economies in the doldrums for possibly the next 5 to 10 years (Greece has not recovered even now from the credit crunch crisis of 2007-2008) Nigeria will have no choice but to diversify the economy away from oil aggressively and give states and regions more latitude to control their own growth potential and rate. We avoided the credit crunch because of negligible exposure to sub-prime mortgage lending vulnerability that started the mess.

In short the conservative North, even if they rule for the next 20 years, now no longer have the option of being conservative, as they used be to Nigeria's detriment, if oil income they always controlled is now negligible.

The North conservatism is a ploy to favour slowing down the south so they can catch up. They got away with this because their elite always controlled oil income and deployed it partisanly for their region.

I don't need to enunciate the obvious when awoof oil money no dey to squander yafun yafun anymore. Every region should go and prepare for this reconstructing and stop being lazy thinkers.
The last bolded is Regional Governance.

Restructuring has a lot to do with how Economy, Governance, Control, etc is structured. An aspect of governance and economic control is regional government

The Northern elites are not interested in catching up with the west, east or south. They are only interested in political power for self enrichment purpose. They will rathrer keep the majority of the north uneducated for the purpose of control.

Grayoso:

The Yorubas are already prepared and this is why we initiated the Dawn initiative (DEVELOPMENT
AGENDA FOR WESTERN NIGERIA) 10 years ago. It is a natural failsafe we can now fall back on 100%

We will see who the parasites are now that Covid-19 will mean all Nigerian administrators must be innovative to survive a post oil future that may now have arrived at our door earlier than many were prepared for.

http://dawncommission.org/

Are the Yorubas prepared?
I doubt.

A simple proof:
Can you translate the following words (all related to vehicles) into Yoruba
1. Pointer
2. Steering
3. Axle
4. Wipers
5. Tempered Glass

If you check the Yoruba dictionary and you cannot get 100% of the definitions in the Yoruba dictionary, then we are NOT ready for where we should be heading.

Do you know that we have to change our numbering system from the way it is? The Yorubas use base 5, base 10, base 15 and base 20 all in our numbering system. This is why the average Yoruba youth cannot comprehend numbering in Yoruba. Like what is 987,987,863 in Yoruba?

The word restructuring has been overused with many people not knowing what they really want.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:

The earlier Nigeria masses see presidency as ceremonial, the earlier better for them to hold their Governors, senators, reps and state assembly members at blokos
I've given up on the masses for now. The lack of education and poverty will always make them sell their votes for N3000.

Do you think the Nigerian masses know what they want from their President?
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by helinues: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
shadeyinka:

I've given up on the masses for now. The lack of education and poverty will always make them sell their votes for N3000.

Do you think the Nigerian masses know what they want from their President?

Our real oppressors are our local reps starting from Governor to councilor.

Bayelsa and Ogun state are case study
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by SLAP44: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Grayoso:

See Igbos and dishonesty. So you willingly agree Lagos is now the South West since all you wrote in bold is essentially limited to Lagos which happens to be the smallest and most over-burdened State in Nigeria courtesy of unchecked inward migration to Lagos from every State of Nigeria.

This is the Same SW you lot have denied is Yoruba land for decades of argument. At least we thank Covid-19 for opening naive Yoruba eyes.

I just hope Yorubas with sense can see how you Igbos are denying Lagos now and conceding her to the SW because you feel the State is in trouble and are jubilating that. This is why I laugh at the naive OP who is suggesting an alliance between the SW and SE for the sake of combating the North. Oloun maje. God forbid.

grin I never thought I will live to see a day when Yorubas will deny Lagos just because Lagos suddenly have the highest corona deaths in the country! grin

Wonders, will never end! grin grin grin
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by SLAP44: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:

If you are honest to yourself, you will know that APC cannot get up to 2000 votes in a free and fair bayelsa election. It was all padded stuff and a person with half a brain knows that it was just a red herring , the target was Imo and Bayelsa was ceded to PDP so they can claim fair and swoop on Imo.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by helinues: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
SLAP44:

If you are honest to yourself, you will know that APC cannot get up to 2000 votes in a free and fair bayelsa election. It was all padded stuff and a person with half a brain knows that it was just a red herring , the target was Imo and Bayelsa was ceded to PDP so they can claim fair and swoop on Imo.

APC cannot get up to 2000 votes in a free and fair bayelsa election

Why do you people like to believe una own lies? Are you now from Bayelsa state?

Same way you people believed Buhari rigged the 2019 election while his major contestant lost his polling unit.

When will you people start playing politics of reality?

1 Like

Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by SLAP44: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:

Why do you people like to believe una own lies? Are you now from Bayelsa state?

Same way you people believed Buhari rigged the 2019 election while his major contestant lost his polling unit.

When will you people start playing politics of reality?

When the president stops hiring and firing INEC chairmen, till then every poll figure is a big lie.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:

These ones are the pawns. They actually make deliveries to their ogas at the top.

If we get it right at the level of the president, corrections can be made. No way out except if the west and east can unite on the floor of the national assembly and insist on a restructuring

1 Like

Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by 4four(m): 12:36am On Apr 22, 2020
shadeyinka:

I understand you. That's why we should begin to strive and push for regional government. Let every state invest or squander the money they have as they wish.
lot of sense in this, how can I be paying tax in Ogun state and sharing the money to some body in katsina or yobe in the name of politics
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 22, 2020
shadeyinka:

These ones are the pawns. They actually make deliveries to their ogas at the top.

If we get it right at the level of the president, corrections can be made. No way out except if the west and east can unite on the floor of the national assembly and insist on a restructuring

And we keep telling you this will never happen. Don't be naive.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Staro: 4:44am On Apr 22, 2020
Buhari is destroying Nigeria
gradually ...
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Staro: 5:04am On Apr 22, 2020
helinues:
Which state is not on lockdown in Nigeria?

Except for Kaduna and Kano, many other northern states are not on lockdown.
In fact, life is normal in states like Zamfara, Adamawa, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Yobe
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Tochi3(m): 6:08am On Apr 22, 2020
SLAP44:

Your verbal and written OPEN support in the approach to an election can only be classified as nothing but CAMPAIGNING.

I thank you for agreeing to the fact that the government you campaigned for is now lagging behind like some of us told you they will.

But will you be frank enough to admit that not the whole south shared your optimism about your candidate and his intentions post elections. Didn't you write against their stand in the whole thing?

No, we are not afraid of water, we are only afraid of noise from this ignorant OP who is wailing so loud that my beauty sleep is being threatened because of his hunger and jealousy of a mere innocent little baby who got 20k grin grin grin

You have finished all the zombies. Kudos bro. grin

1 Like

Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2020
4four:
lot of sense in this, how can I be paying tax in Ogun state and sharing the money to some body in katsina or yobe in the name of politics
That's why we should begin to strive and push for regional government. Let every state invest or squander the money they have as they wish.

Let each region development at the pace they want.

Let each region compete to outdo the others.

Let the FG control only foreign affairs and security.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Grayoso:

And we keep telling you this will never happen. Don't be naive.
You are the one not making it possible. You were not even born during the civil war yet you carry old grudge like a witch trying to pass witchcraft to her daughters.

Apart from breakup which is feasible but not sensible, what other alternative and direction do you have?
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
SLAP44:

grin I never thought I will live to see a day when Yorubas will deny Lagos just because Lagos suddenly have the highest corona deaths in the country! grin

Wonders, will never end! grin grin grin

Yorubas deny Lagos ke? Lai Lai. Because Lagos is Yoruba and Yoruba is Lagos. We are with Lagos in good and bad times.

I am only making the point, for posterity, that Igbos were quick to proclaim Lagos Yoruba land while also mocking Yorubas that all the issues being seen in Lagos is a Yoruba problem alone.

Good to leave reference points for future use when you Igbos want to start your two-faced mischief and revisionism in future.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are the one not making it possible. You were not even born during the civil war yet you carry old grudge like a witch trying to pass witchcraft to her daughters.

Apart from breakup which is feasible but not sensible, what other alternative and direction do you have?

What civil war do I carry on my head? Is it not Igbos you must level that accusation against?

Igbos are the ones who cannot do anything without civil war bad blood, especially against the Yorubas, clouding their judgment.

As far as alternatives, everyone should begin by trying to pressure the FG to relinquish more autonomy to States and region over issues like security etc.

Nigerians have a way of being obsessed with seeing the solution as limited to one or a few alternatives alone. Many never think outside the box as Yorubas are trying to do and getting derision for.

Just tell me those mocking Amotekun the most and wishing it to fail so you can discern why Yorubas can never partner with the Igbos over anything.
Re: Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown by shadeyinka(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
Grayoso:

What civil war do I carry on my head? Is it not Igbos you must level that accusation against?

Igbos are the ones who cannot do anything without civil war bad blood, especially against the Yorubas, clouding their judgment.

As far as alternatives, everyone should begin by trying to pressure the FG to relinquish more autonomy to States and region over issues like security etc.

Nigerians have a way of being obsessed with seeing the solution as limited to one or a few alternatives alone. Many never think outside the box as Yorubas are trying to do and getting derision for.

Just tell me those mocking Amotekun the most and wishing it to fail so you can discern why Yorubas can never partner with the Igbos over anything.
I'm sure you know that I'm Yoruba but I don't have an iota of hate or disdain for the Igbo race as a whole. There are bad people everywhere in the world.

Your @bold is restructuring we have all been speaking up for. The northern elites are afraid of this restructuring but they are smart to prevent the actualisation because both the west and east are not in agreement.

Can we bury our differences this once and get what will be beneficial over a long time?

Our people say, "when children behave as children, the adults will behave as wise!"

When some people peddle hate, you as one who see far will provide the solution steamed in wisdom.

Only children fight based on ethnic bias!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Niger Coup Plotters Challenge Tinubu, Call Him An Illegitimate President (Video) / Uk Moves To Stem Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.