Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129764 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ozone4oz(m): 7:20am On Apr 22, 2020
Hand sanitizer: You can easily to one yourself

Watch the videos on this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEnwC1zz4MCXVlYzJ2SCuw/

To learn how to make alcohol based hand sanitizer as recommended by WHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93eWEg1iqjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2mbFa44vA
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ollypass: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

And u think we don't pay tax in Nigeria.
The working class in Nigeria all pay tax. You must be jobless for u to say we don't pay tax in Nigeria.
Then we also pay value added tax for every products we buy.

No mind the ignoramus trying to form informed..firs stooge

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by emeraldlife: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2020
bezimo:
I can confirm I received mine in my akant today!! My country Canada govt is set to release that money each month to everyone that "qualify" from now till October..Come better country..una say no..that una like Buhari..Lol

But it wasn't every one that benefited oh..only those who made at least $5000 last year in income..and is not awoof money.. we would still pay back around $400 for every $2000 in tax next year..

Bros biko I wan come. Help me bros
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Princesharkon: 7:26am On Apr 22, 2020
Waooo.. government of Canada is really playing there part in this lockdown. Hey man (Travel doctor} you still remember me in Kano nysc camp.. buzz me up shedrackasogwa2@gmail.com
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

Let'st stop deceiving ourselves with unecessary statistics because if you leave that money in the treasury politicians will still take it. If Nigeria government cannot give such an amount to each Nigerian what about the amount of money each senator or minister takes home every month.....Is that not enough to take care of at least 1,000 Nigerians? Do you know how much politicians children are eating from our treasury annually. ..it Is far above principality and power let alone the ones their parents are also eating . That's enough to take care of the masses. Do you know that a Nigerian senator earns more than the US President ? We have the resources, no Nigerian has the right to suffer. We're suffering because the government does not care about Nigerians. Imagine telling me to stay at home when I don't have the means of surviving , no job , no food and not that the government is going to send me money. We all need to rise up against this gov't, irrespective of your political affiliation. This is about the survival of Nigerians, rise up in your state no matter the political party that's ruling you. We all must have one mind to have the Nigeria of our dream.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by humilitypays(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
oh the great Jim Reeves of blessed memory cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Modsfav: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2020
Our government here is telling us that if we have 5k+ in our accounts, we wont benefit from the money given to them to share to us. this government is a failed system

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by AreaFada2: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2020
Before people get carried away, is the money for everyone?

If a person earns C$ 42,000 or C$ 52,000 annually, what would be his income tax annually in Canada? And VAT rate on goods?

You must consider the high taxes and high cost of living in these places. Especially in places like Toronto and Ottawa.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by tollyson: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lugard it shall never be well with you
I say a big AMEN!!!
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by GODWIN78(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2020
This country eh,imagine that nepa gave us bill yesterday in this covid,useless country.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Realtalk20: 7:36am On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
softset:
Look at this imb-ecile, you are so rude, you wake up at 2am and insult those that can hire your parents . Lol . I will not blame you.... you think traveling out of Nigeria is now a huge accomplishment.

[/s]

Hire my parents

Before retirement niether worked as a garbage picker so sorry you can't have been able to hire them, arsehole

You are very stupid and useless. Traveling out is going home you animal
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by tonididdy(m): 7:37am On Apr 22, 2020
DexterousOne:

This is the best comment here

Just to add

Our population is not the problem per se

It is the population GROWTH RATE..

That rate is so disgracefully high undecided
It's the second major problem.
The first with the greatest damage is Education (enlightenment).
My neighbour I used to pity who was living in a 2bedroom apartment suddenly out of the blue gave birth to a 5th child with the 4th child barely able to stand.
The problem is enlightenment and lack of concrete futuristic plans to raise a child, so they believe "the more children, the more the chances of 2 or 3 becoming successful in life ", which is in turn a win-win for them as parents.

It's an ideology that is still very believed in this 21st century by Nigerian parents.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 7:41am On Apr 22, 2020
Lol so you truly have people you call father and mother ?

Why then do you come online to spill rubbish. Hunger? Stupidity? Ignorance?

Kid, get something meaningful to engage with.

Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Hire my parents

Before retirement niether worked as a garbage picker so sorry you can't have been able to hire them, arsehole

You are very stupid and useless. Traveling out is going home you animal

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by pompeiimagnus: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2020
Naija is actually drowning in massive debts to China. So people shouldn't be surprised when the federal government cannot provide social benefits at times like this, because with the current "recurrent expenditure" (costs of maintaining all levels of government), the money is just not there!

The only way out is to massively reduce cost of governance, especially at the federal level because sadly everything in Naija revolves around Abuja. Don't be surprised when this whole issue dies down and state governors begin crying out for bail out funds again.

Obaseki of Edo State has already said that he has spent over 1 billion naira to fight covik 1-9 smiley smiley smiley
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by IITTA50: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
. Yes he might have paid tax with most but what have i have in return for my Tax. I paid tax at work and my VAT. what is my gain?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ABSTRUSE: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

What if they did it the MONEY HEIST style by asking the CBN to keep printing notes.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2020
Dude has used all that money by now for his rent and car loan. Although govt should be do be doing better Don't let that amount deceive u.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by pompeiimagnus: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2020
ABSTRUSE:

What if they did it the MONEY HEIST style by asking the CBN to keep printing notes.

Ambitious idea, but how do you pump it back into the economy? That's the major problem, and this leads to inflation where everyone is "rich" but the money can't buy anything at the market because prices of goods and services will be very high.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 22, 2020
ABSTRUSE:

Got one answer for you...

Zimbabwe.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ABSTRUSE: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that?

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

I agree it ain't a lot of money. But remember when the whole thing first started, the Canadian government asked them not to bother themselves about rent. And I learnt the people got foodstuff delivered to them.

This is actually a lot!
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ABSTRUSE: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:

Got one answer for you...

Zimbabwe.

You talking about devaluation?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Realtalk20: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2020
[s]
softset:
Lol so you truly have people you call father and mother ?

Why then do you come online to spill rubbish. Hunger? Stupidity? Ignorance?

Kid, get something meaningful to engage with.

[/s]

Again you seem to think calling someone kids makes you older, smarter or well off?

Man you are stupid and ignorant. You seem quick to poke fingers at hunger and poverty and funny thing is neither is my problem but since you are so familiar with them you are quick to use that.

Useless idiot grin
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2020
prekumohtim:

Let'st stop deceiving ourselves with unecessary statistics because if you leave that money in the treasury politicians will still take it. If Nigeria government cannot give such an amount to each Nigerian what about the amount of money each senator or minister takes home every month.....Is that not enough to take care of at least 1,000 Nigerians? Do you know how much politicians children are eating from our treasury annually. ..it Is far above principality and power let alone the ones their parents are also eating . That's enough to take care of the masses. Do you know that a Nigerian senator earns more than the US President ? We have the resources, no Nigerian has the right to suffer. We're suffering because the government does not care about Nigerians. Imagine telling me to stay at home when I don't have the means of surviving , no job , no food and not that the government is going to send me money. We all need to rise up against this gov't, irrespective of your political affiliation. This is about the survival of Nigerians, rise up in your state no matter the political party that's ruling you. We all must have one mind to have the Nigeria of our dream.

The amount they are looting from the treasury, while a lot, is not enough to take care of 50 million Nigerians

Yes, we need to rise up, but we also need to become more productive. China is rich today because they became an industrial nation.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ABSTRUSE: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

Ambitious idea, but how do you pump it back into the economy? That's the major problem, and this leads to inflation where everyone is "rich" but the money can't buy anything at the market because prices of goods and services will be very high.

Printing reasonably NOT over-printing. 50k into everyone's account isn't a bad idea.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by LegacyB: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=kikero post=88693870]Hmm

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)[/quoteYou’re wise my friend.It is because of people like u I still visit nairaland.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
drehdinho:

How come one politician can manage to embezzle the $26 billion or even more in this same Nigeria?

Where do these type of politicians see these money?

They embezzle part of it, not all of it.

But even if they did not embezzle it, it isnt enough.

As an example, the UK spends $130 billion on health care alone. Nigeria's budget is $26billion. Our health budget is $2 billion. There is a reason why our hospitals are worse than mere consulting clinics, and it isn't just because 'they' loot.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2020
ABSTRUSE:

You talking about devaluation?

Partly, but Zim was also running inflation thanks to their destroying white owned farms ..which provided their foreign exchange.

To beat the inflation, they kept on printing notes, which led to more inflation and devaluation of their currency....and guess what they used to print money...scarce foreign exchange.

Not only Zim, many countries have learnt the hard way that printing yourself out of a economic disaster is a recipe for more disaster.(And it includes European countries....Germany tried it in the early 1920's....and their currency became so valueless children were using it as toys.)
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OyinO: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore

This world is not your home but you FEAR SO MUCH TO DIE AND GO TO YOUR HOME? Men of God and GOs buying properties and sending their children abroad to study and live large. Yet they have brainwashed you all into believing this world is not your home. So why weren't you created and taken straight to your home world to live forever than coming here to suffer and die and go to Greek hell?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Rotimi47: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
One month house rent in Canada. (Depending on your taste)

But its something.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OyinO: 8:19am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

The remaining 30% is still better than your stupid country's 0%.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by cray91(m): 8:20am On Apr 22, 2020
We Are More Than Suffering , Infact We Nigerians real Name Is SUFFER
AccessME:
We are really suffering in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed

It will never be well with those still supporting this evil and wicked Nigeria leaders. cry
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Newman224: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

And if He comes back to Nigeria what will he get here. 1 paint rubber of rice and two sachets of indomie ba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.