Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,915 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129943 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by SmartyPants(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

Where did you get this figure?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by TruthinAction: 9:33am On Apr 22, 2020
karkinase:

Wrong! I was like you years back thinking Nigeria is rich becos of the way our ppl flaunt wealth, but Nigeria is indeed far from being a Rich country and the sad part is the little we make is looted mercilessly by wicked n clueless leaders.

We are rich. Even internally generated revenue is huge but only a few percent goes to the government. I remember the new JAMB boss declared a revenue last year they generated which is more than 20 times that generated by the previous boss. The same goes with our ports. Most of the import duties are not reflected in the government account. What about NNPC? do you know how much is loss daily through the dubious activities of unscrupulous people? About $20 billion was missing during Allison Madueke tenure as the Petroleum minister. Even the daily revenue collected from transporter does not reflect in the government account. Even NEPA that charges bill from users don't record same in their final report. Corruption is running our economy. Why can't our refineries work? Because they are benefiting from the current system of refining the product outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by EverythingCars: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2020
glowingflame7:

Which kind of house rent is 2k dollars? Do jobless people stay in houses with 2k rent?
Those that became jobless as a result of Covid-19. Oga, will you not be staying in a house before you become jobless?
Go to google and see what average monthly house rent is.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Bennysam: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2020
Carlmax:

You think Nigerians don't pay tax? I have personally paid millions in tax in this country, where is the stupid government when I need them? Are you a business owner or employee.
I'm a business owner , well you're right to ask for government help since you pay tax but a lot of useless Nigeria that don't pay tax and still want government support
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Fucsheetup(f): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.
Crap
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Fucsheetup(f): 9:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Tumbulum:
very few people know that Nigeria is a poor country. Infact we are so poor that a drastic drop in oil price will affect everything that happens.
Being poor,we are also bedeviled with corrupt leaders who loot away the little money we make selling crude.
Even if corruption is eliminated, Nigeria will still remain poor if all we do is dig up crude and sell to get dollars.this is not how a proper country is run.
Nigeria at this moment cannot even afford to give every of it's citizens 100k for parliative.
Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia which you consider a paradise are run solely on oil. Stop typing bullshit on the internet.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

I do faithfully... Been doing consistently, voluntarily and involuntarily for over a decade now!!!

My parents did, and still do... So did my forefathers!!!

Not less than 60% of working and hustling Nigerians pay one form of taxes or the other!!!

Any further questions??! undecided
Tax of how much sir? A person earning $2000 in many western societies pay up to $400 and more in tax monthly and #600000 naira in those countries is nothing big due to high cost of living. Your tax is paltry and you will resist it if government makes it higher. What Nigeria is surviving on is South south oil not some paltry tax.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:50am On Apr 22, 2020
Aidejay:
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.
Lol, My dear Naija don suffer. Fictional Country?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Tumbulum: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia which you consider a paradise are run solely on oil. Stop typing bullshit on the internet.
what is the population of Duba,qatar compared to Nigeria? Do you know the Dubai is one of number is one tourist destinations?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Daddy46: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
God no go let envy and mumu finish your life
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Litmus: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2020
gotnel:
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.

Or Nigeria is a developing Nation, Nigerians third world people and not demons. Oh, and Nigerians are extraordinary moaners because of nursing unrealistic expectations nurtured by the actual Demons, those people that live in the West, that feed them lies on what they should expect and what other nationals are getting. These foreign Demons feed fat on the blood of poorly educated or stark illiterate Nigerians lost to the Mediterranean sea.

If there’s and justice knocking about in the nature of things, one day those people responsible for destroying the lives and can-do spirit of Nigerians will pay in some way.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 22, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lugard it shall never be well with you
You forget 'Lord' tongue
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Superjazz: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
Mr Salam I see y you Muslims in Nigeria are dying of illiteracy poverty and hate.who told you people are paying tax during covid-19 lockdown.truely they say
ISLAMBAD!!!!
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Miyachi: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
Don't write what you don't know. Their stimulus is tax free.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onucs(m): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

No matter how expensive the cost living there may be, N626K is still bigger than N50k in nigeria.

The Nigerian government cannot even pay its citizens N20k.
Please lets learn to give credits to whom credit is deserved.

for the records, the guy is not even a Canadian citizen so I can only wonder how much they will pay their own citizens.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2020
byrron:

Doubting Nigerian Thomas, You don't need to be a citizen here in United States to Receive the $1200 stimulus package, all you need is to be legal resident that has an SSN and files in your annual tax returns and not all citizens and legal residents even qualified to get the stimulus package from the US government since there are some exemptions especially defaulters of child support payments while Canada even goes an extra mile to provide for even those that are not legal residents in their country.

Gbam
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Redman44(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2020
pompeiimagnus:
Naija is actually drowning in massive debts to China. So people shouldn't be surprised when the federal government cannot provide social benefits at times like this, because with the current "recurrent expenditure" (costs of maintaining all levels of government), the money is just not there!

The only way out is to massively reduce cost of governance, especially at the federal level because sadly everything in Naija revolves around Abuja. Don't be surprised when this whole issue dies down and state governors begin crying out for bail out funds again.

Obaseki of Edo State has already said that he has spent over 1 billion naira to fight covik 1-9 smiley smiley smiley

India is 1.3 billion people in population. India is also not giving out money to her Citizens, but how many Indians condemn their country like Nigerians do? Nigeria has about 200 Million people, with many people not paying any kind of money to government as taxes. Even if it is 1000 Naira you can pay as tax every month to FIRS or LIRS, please do so. Don't just assume that the government is embezzling all the money being paid as taxes in Nigeria. You can't expect the government to drop palliative money into your bank account, when it is on record that your small business has not paid any tax to the State or Federal Government since its inception. Yes, the government is corrupt, but are you not contributing to the rot in the nation in your own way? All the countries paying their citizens and residents good sums of money have effective tax collection systems, with about 75% - 85% of the citizens paying tax monthly. Please,be honest with yourself cool cool cool cool cool. When last did you pay tax as a business owner or self employed worker in Nigeria? Don't develop a something for nothing mentality, please sad sad sad sad sad sad sad.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Princewell2012(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2020
begge:
NOTING LIKE HOME. NAIJA IS THE BEST
Can you give us a good difination of home? Thank you.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Missmossy(f): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2020
We still have a long way to go by the comments here sadly embarassed

Some people are so gullible. Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by stanliwise(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
Kid, go to romance section where you entertain your likes. Do you think everyone here is hungry. I am stating my opinion.

Chai I even thought you even have sense sef.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by KenechukwuEdu: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
This is the controlled mindset that doesn't let you work at the optimum rate
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Righteousness89(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2020
KenechukwuEdu:

This is the controlled mindset that doesn't let you work at the optimum rate

What have u Achieved with your Optimum Mindset?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Redman44(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2020
TruthinAction:

We are rich. Even internally generated revenue is huge but only a few percent goes to the government. I remember the new JAMB boss declared a revenue last year they generated which is more than 20 times that generated by the previous boss. The same goes with our ports. Most of the import duties are not reflected in the government account. What about NNPC? do you know how much is loss daily through the dubious activities of unscrupulous people? About $20 billion was missing during Allison Madueke tenure as the Petroleum minister. Even the daily revenue collected from transporter does not reflect in the government account. Even NEPA that charges bill from users don't record same in their final report. Corruption is running our economy. Why can't our refineries work? Because they are benefiting from the current system of refining the product outside the country.

You have spoken well. One of my lecturers at the University when I was a 200 level student told the class that- ' Nigeria is being stolen blind by Nigerians '. Everybody is participating in the looting of Nigeria, from the Presidency to the Principal of Ajanla Secondary School in Ajanla town. We are very wasteful as a Nation and as a People. You will never succeed trying to fill a basket up with water. There are too many financial and money leakages in the Nigerian system. Take it or leave it, Nigeria is a wealthy country. It is only being mismanaged. People start a business, start making some money, but they cannot even pay 2000 Naira monthly as tax. Na wa for Nigerians. Hmn.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by TemmyT002(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2020
Who cares?
Stay there and let's hear word.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Medunah: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
salam8528:
Both my parents who pat tax every month here in Nigeria didn't get 10kobo so I'm trying to see where u are coming from....
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by useurkidney3121: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lugard it shall never be well with you
Amen
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Kokaine(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

Modified:

I pity the people flooding my mention as a result of my comment above.

If the import of my submission is lost on you and you deem it fit to vent your anger at life through this, we'll, your case is irredeemable obviously both home and away.

There is absolutely no need hiding under any cloak to start self-insulting.

Na pikin wey no get sense go stand on top mountain or hill begin point hand say, "see my mama for there, she dey useless, she no get sense".

My admonition and prayers to our loved ones the world over remains, to keep safe, and may God continually hide us under the shadow of his wings now and beyond.
guy last last ehn.... Nigeria no fit great again ooh. The rot has entered the youth. The country is upside down. Better to still be in Canada las las than this place. The mass shooter wey no kill person for Canada, na police go kill the person for naija. Police dey kill anything killable. Its not fair to born a pikin in this country as it stands.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Litmus: 10:46am On Apr 22, 2020
It occasionally amuses me how the very Nigerians that accuse Buhari of wanting to Islamise Nigeria and are impassioned in their belief Bokoharam is the military arm of Buharis’s agenda, are same ones providing Buhari with the opportunity to succeed. This is because, as Bokoharam understands, the quickest way to achieve caliphate is through impoverishing the people, which is what will happen to Nigeria if government relented and started providing Nigerians with first world benefits on a third world economy. Covid-19 will absolutely bankrupt Nigeria, should government relent to the ambitious Wants of the ignorant masses and tried to match, spend-for-spend, the West's Covid alleviating measures.

Be careful what you people wish, think long-term; think of everyone; of the country; the future and not just of the needs of your immediate circle.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Yes you are right. The world is now becoming weary to inhabit.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Litmus: 10:59am On Apr 22, 2020

Coronavirus live news: UN warns of 'biblical' famine as Trump reveals 60-day immigration halt

More than 10 million French employees are now “partially unemployed” and having most of their salaries paid for by the state, the French employment minister, Muriel Pénicaud, said on Wednesday.

The government scheme, described as the most generous in Europe, is being used by 820,000 French companies - 60% of those in the country - most of which have been forced to stop business because of the strict lockdown since 17 March.

In the building and construction sector, 93% of the 1.2 million workers are currently on the scheme as well as 90% of those in the hotel and restaurant sector.

Staff at companies deemed temporarily unemployed are receiving 84% of their salaries from the state as a measure to avoid mass lay-offs. The scheme includes those on permanent and short-term contracts of 12-months or more, but not freelancers.

Pénicaud told BFMTV that 10.2 million workers were now on the scheme and that 98% of demands for “partial unemployment” payments were being settled with companies within 7-10 days.
Facebook
Twitter

7m ago 10:49
Martin Chulov

Martin Chulov

The first case of Covid-19 among Palestinian refugees has been registered in Lebanon - a milestone moment that had been feared throughout the global pandemic.

The patient, an adult woman, was taken from the al-Jalil camp in the Bekaa Valley to a hospital in Beirut overnight.

A team from the state run Rafiq Hariri hospital is travelling to the camp to screen the woman’s relatives and anyone else she came into contact with while infected.

A total of 9,400 refugees are registered there, but the camp population is thought to be as low as 3,000.

Waves of departures to Gulf states and undocumented arrivals from Syria over the past nine years have made actual numbers difficult to discern.

An outbreak of the virus among the cramped and often unhygienic confines of refugee camps has been a nightmare scenario that the UN and NGOs have been preparing for as the virus has taken hold in much of the developed world.

Palestinians are routinely denied access to state care in Lebanon and Lebanese officials have expressed a reluctance to treat refugees afflicted by the virus.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), which supports Palstinian refugees, is paying for the woman’s treatment and has said it will also do so for other infected patients.

Despite being nearly crippled by the Trump administration’s decision to withdraw funding, UNRWA has raised $14 million for it’s initial Covid response.

With much of that money now spent, and fears of infections now being realised, UNRWA leaders are about to launch a second appeal for funding.

Lebanon hosts around 475,000 Palestinian refugees living in 12 camps and 26 unofficial sites.

They are among the most impoverished people in the country, which is also believed to be playing host to up to one million Syrian refugees, many living in informal settlements, which are even harder for health authorities to manage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Images From Kaduna Lockdown. Share Pictures From Your State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.