Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129694 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by softset: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
What if I am where? ...its not about me

seunayantokun:

What if you were there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by gotnel: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Chuksyno(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
I WOULD RATHER SERVE IN KING'S PALACE THAN RULE IN THE GUTTER. IF I EVER HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY, NO ONE WILL EVER SEEN MY SHADOW HERE IN THIS SHITHOLE CALLED NIGERIA AFTERALL I AM AN ORPHAN.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Tumbulum: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.
very few people know that Nigeria is a poor country. Infact we are so poor that a drastic drop in oil price will affect everything that happens.
Being poor,we are also bedeviled with corrupt leaders who loot away the little money we make selling crude.
Even if corruption is eliminated, Nigeria will still remain poor if all we do is dig up crude and sell to get dollars.this is not how a proper country is run.
Nigeria at this moment cannot even afford to give every of it's citizens 100k for parliative.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by googi: 3:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you sir.

Where is Nigeria going to get this money from?

May be from the taxes paid, from groundnut sold, palm oil or cocoa sold.

Everyone wants free money from Niger Delta Oil income. If you do not have the opportunity to loot it dry, you want it as food and drinks and if you cannot eat or drink it, you buy French champagne, Swiss cheese, Italian pizza or American burger with the income.

While you reduce the same source of income to environmental dusk nightmare for poor fishermen and farmers.

Better still negotiate with fishermen's plights as militia and run out of the country with the money.

Stay in Canada, Italy and America and drive taxi, Uber or work as security guards and at Burger King as essential workers.

My only concern is for the talents that die there trying to save lives they could save in Nigeria.

kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Acme45: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
dahgifted:
Biko i dey H like seriously, drinking garri for 3 consecutive days!
i wan chop food weh pepper dey abeg.
Abeg help a brother oh

3145518146 first bank

And please is blurry vision also a symptoms of covid19?
i dey fear oh!
the garri wey you dey drink make your eyes dey blurred

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Bialegend(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Reason why we need Biafra, a nation where it's government will be up and doing for it's citizens.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Jostoman: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Graysons:
Shake your head for your kerosene sharing governor, nothing works in that your Godforsaken Biafra cursed land but una nai make mouth pass arrogant people.
agree, so tell us those things that are working in your own region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Okoroawusa: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Abeg stay there don't come back. There is no free money in Canada.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by gift2xl: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Now that am preparing to go abroad is when people are coming back because of coronavirus. Our govt is the main covid-419.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by a4cube: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
Bro people are begging for 20k, some one cup of rice and you dont want the guy to rejoice for receiving more that 600k.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Graysons: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Our hard-working brothers don report my comment grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by lagdmark(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
Please ignore them, most of them are kids. All they do is to quickly convert euros, dollars, and pounds to Naira without checking the cost of living in developed countries.

24 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by a4cube: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
lagdmark:

Please ignore them, most of them are kids. All they do is to quickly convert euros, dollars, and pounds to Naira without checking the cost of living in developed countries.
You talking absolutely Behind. I got 829 pounds today and will get same every month until lock down is over. Believe me the money the Canadian got is not one off. I got the amount cus I live on my own. My guy that has family got more than 2k pounds. And that is not it by end of June I will get 80% of what I earn every month for 3 months paid as a lump sum to my account.

Nobody is saying FG or States Government should pay the citizens equivalent of what is obtainable in the west. The Govt can easily pay 40 or 50k every month for 3 months if they had managed the country well.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by sapeleboi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
why my father come born me for Nigeria

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
This thread go reach 10 with different curses. Nigerians no de want here Can not to talk of Canada grin

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by SenecaTheYonger: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
To everyone in Nigeria, make sure you stay home and stay safe. Wether you get N5k or N0k, just stay at home, and stay safe. Let's copy the canadians.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Pharaoh350s(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
When the government is doing their work
Here we do the work of the government for them, then they reward us with looting our ass

My people please I need 500 hundred naria
First bank. God bless
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Sultty(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
naijaloan:
Amazing functional government shocked

And we are here sharing 3pcs of indomie and 2 dericas of local rice as stimulus package.

Haaaa! Ko ni da fu awon leaders wa
which stimulus Atleast Una collect 3 pieces is indomie. We no collect anything for my area for this lockdown o
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Kemimarch16(f): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Oh my God,I can't wait to go to my dream country (Canada)

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by AsawanaDgreat: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
We dey here dey share invisible 5k wey no reach person

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by MT: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nice from the Canadian Government but OP is a little bit sensational. Why stating the money in Naira? The Naira and Canadian dollars represent different values in the Canadian environment.

Like I have always stated, Nigeria Govt even if they wish to give palliatives, they DO NOT have the DATA to guide them and the STRUCTURE to channel such through. It is sad there is no credible data that are guiding the decision making of any establishment in this country. Sadly, instead of addressing this gap, we will pretend as if everything is okay after this crisis is over. I was ashamed as a Nigerian to see the parameters that Federal and State governments are using to identify people in the lower rung of the ladder. Even I wonder where the employment bureau and statistics get their data showing the number of the unemployed in Nigeria from.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Sirmuel1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
naijaloan:
Amazing functional government shocked

And we are here sharing 3pcs of indomie and 2 dericas of local rice as stimulus package.

Haaaa! Ko ni da fu awon leaders wa

You Guys are lucky. Somewhere in eti -osa, they shared a loaf of Bread (100 naira own) for each Family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by lebron7(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
Don't say stupid shit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Olathunji010(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
A sane country to be living.. not like the one here

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by KingRabota: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
REALLY ?
So Nigeria is better ?

Isalright
Lemme jus be watching you

salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Powerintoxicate: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
meetme01:

And those who pay tax in Nigeria were given......

A. Pallatives less than 5K

B. Pallatives more than 5K

C. Nothing

D. All of the above

Call a spade a spade. We are all in a ZOO.
don't mind the guy. Almost everyone in Nigeria pays tax with the Value added Tax. What has the govt done for you with the VAT it collects almost daily?

14 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by begge: 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
NOTING LIKE HOME. NAIJA IS THE BEST

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Bamss1: 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
I dey shame...
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by xreal: 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship

Bros. I know of a couple in Canada.
They are nigerians, nothing like dual citizens.

They told me that they were paid $2,000 canadian each. Despite the fact that they live under same roof.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.