Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation (5709 Views)

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

Their lands are fast turning to deserts , I won't lie to you

No water underground

Allah kia grin

After drinking dirty gutter water this people still get strength abandon their wives,enter bush go rape their cows? grin

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Kpele,
Maybe you should try going to Bornu to buy yams.

They are not known for yam but for beans, pepper,millet and corn..
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Allah kia grin

After drinking dirty gutter water this people still get strength abandon their wives,enter bush go rape their cows? grin

Its normal for them

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

Kyase

Sorry ubangagi tomato market in gboko
lol you know am, near saint Thomas

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bethel4Life:
U mean middle belt is north??
Does it matter, North central or anything, the only thing i know is im from Benue
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

It is a lie, Hausa people are truthful, they sold me exactly the same price.
of course they are truthful so is the benue people

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Continue speaking language for your native man, that is the same way, you guys do in the market.
why e dey pain you? grin grin
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Corrinthians(m): 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Only a single Northerner, Arrewa, giving you lot South Easterners so much pains and sleepless nights, despite your overwhelming numbers.

I wonder what would have happened if we had half as much Northerners, the likes of Arewa, on the forum. You people certainly would have been driven out of here completely.

You look for more trouble than you people can handle simply because of your numbers.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Gabkosh: 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

What a beautiful and resilient city of enugu. Even our musician use our pride in their music video. Thank you phyno for showcasing our resilient city. Very beautiful than Birmingham.

DanArrewa, Totit, come an see our resilient enugu city.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the guys who are the architect of the thread. Both the Yoruba guy and his friends DanArewaa and totit have been taken to the sword in the thread.
Oga sharap, when your brothers were opening threads upon threads about Ibadan, you did not cry victim. Just one reply from Yoruba guy about the truth about enugu, you were all crying victim.

if you know how to throw stone, be ready to pick the debris. After all, the guy did not lie about enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
For una mind cheesy

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Gabkosh: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
totit:
[s][/s]

Audio cutlass, audio sword. That wasn't me.

And besides, I saw you begging toTit on that thread and reporting to the mod.

See audio sword, audio cutlass.
I can't kill masef

Don't mind the coward. Just one thread about the truth about enugu after they have been opening numerous lies about Ibadan, they started crying victim.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Stop confusing yourself... I lived in Minna and I know the gwaris than you would ever know them.
Even at that, Abuja is not core north?
Does it matter if Abuja is core north or not, the OP is talking about northern Nigeria as a whole ,so whats your point?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

All those come from Benue...middle belt
Is Benue not north Central?
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
Don't mind the coward. Just one thread about the truth about enugu after they have been opening numerous lies about Ibadan, they started crying victim.

Coward are those who can do 100 pages on Igbo matter but will turn a blind eye to issue affecting their region...E.g

We Won’t Allow Forceful Take Over Of Our Farmlands By Fulani Herdsmen – Ondo Far - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/5807944/wont-allow-forceful-take-over

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
k
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Corrinthians:
Only a single Northerner, Arrewa, giving you lot South Easterners so much pains and sleepless nights, despite your overwhelming numbers.

I wonder what would have happened if we had half as much Northerners, the likes of Arewa, on the forum. You people certainly would have been driven out of here completely.

You look for more trouble than you people can handle simply because of your numbers.
Lots of northerners have been hiding behind monikers. Arrewa isn’t the only one. You may be surprise to hear this, but there are lots of northerners in South East threads pretending to be Igbos. And this have been ongoing since 2010.
The Igbos rarely hide behind monikers to dish their venom but the northerners are always discreet in their onslaught.
The IPOB dudes are not smiling and have unearthed the games of the north.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

Does it matter if Abuja is core north or not, the OP is talking about northern Nigeria as a whole ,so whats your point?

Yes it matters.

When we say SS/SE you start crying about attache by force. The core north are different from the middle belt states as the SE is different from the SS.

I hope this is clear?

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
You should be Ashamed for your region!

The North being the food basket of the nation doesn't mean it doesn't have vulnerable people!!

The north produce 80‰ of Agricultural produce in Nigeria!!

On daily basis hundreds of trailer of food used to move food down to your region for you to survive!!

Now I challenge you to tell me one thing!! That is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume??

The only thing you do is to gather Almejiri pictures and be posting on Nairaland!

Tell me one thing that is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume!!

you people only assemble chines products in Aba, package them and tag them Aba made!!

The south east contribute nothing to our national pause!! Even the oil you're claiming in imo is not in commercial quantity!

Na just few igbo politicians dey use the money service their cars!

North is feeding your region!!

Northerners are feeding you from Generation to Generation!!

You should even thank the north more than you're thanking Jesus!! Cos they're your real Saviours!!
The food is sold it is not gifted to anyone and to that extent is not feeding us any more than Thailand

The key issue when the food is sold how much VAT or any other kind of tax is derived from the sales taken to the federation account and then shared to the states.
HOW MUCH money does Lagos State Government or any local government area in Delta state get from the sale of food from the North?

Imported rice from Thailand is better because the government can collect duty on it.

Agriculture in the North is actually HEAVILY SUBSIDISED
Agriculture in the North is actually HEAVILY SUBSIDISED
Agriculture in the North is actually HEAVILY SUBSIDISED by the Federal government

through irrigation projects, inputs, loans etc. Where does that money come from?
The government gets nothing back in return.

Production of food is valuable activity but it FEEDS no one who is able to put his hand in his pocket and pay for it.
It contributes nothing to Public spending

Now reverse that and ask how much of the budget of the Federal government, Kano State, Borno state etc are derived from Lagos, Delta Akwa Ibom etc

7 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga sharap, when your brothers were opening threads upon threads about Ibadan, you did not cry victim. Just one reply from Yoruba guy about the truth about enugu, you were all crying victim.

if you know how to throw stone, be ready to pick the debris. After all, the guy did not lie about enugu.

Alfa! Why you do provoke? I was trying to explain to your bros who was asking about the essence of this thread...

Nobody is crying victim...neither did the guy lie about Ibadan.

Now we busting another falsehood about the north feeding other people, when they cannot feed themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

Abuja is not Northern Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Yes it matters.

When we say SS/SE you start crying about attache by force. The core north are different from the middle belt states as the SE is different from the SS.

I hope this is clear?
No it is not clear, you talking about the whole North here, why is it that when stuffs like distribution of wealth or appointments comes, you dont remeber that we have middlebelt ,but if its stuffs like this then remeber that we got middlebelt. Example the conditional cash transfer where you people accussed the government of favouring the north why do you classify some top beneficially states like Kogi and Benue as middlebelt?
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

The food is sold it is not gifted to anyone and to that extent is not feeding us any more than Thailand

The key issue when the food is sold how much VAT or any other kind of tax is derived from the sales taken to the federation account and then shared to the states.
HOW MUCH money does Lagos State Government or any local government area in Delta state get from the sale of food from the North?

Imported rice from Thailand is better because the government can collect duty on it.

Agriculture in the North is actually HEAVILY SUBSIDISED by the Federal government through irrigation projects, inputs, loans etc. Where does that money come from?
The government gets nothing back in return.

Production of food is valuable activity but it FEEDS no one who is able to put his hand in his pocket and pay for it.

Now reverse that and ask how much of the budget of the Federal government, Kano State, Borno state etc are derived from Lagos, Delta Akwa Ibom etc
You’re actually right

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Abuja is not Northern Nigeria
ha ha then where is Abuja , south right?
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

No it is not clear, you talking about the whole North here, why is it that when stuffs like distribution of wealth or appointments comes, you dont remeber that we have middlebelt ,but if its stuffs like this then remeber that we got middlebelt. Example the conditional cash transfer where you people accussed the government of favouring the north why do you classify some top beneficially states like Kogi and Benue as middlebelt?

I don't know what you talking about. See.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Gabkosh: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Coward are those who can do 100 pages on Igbo matter but will turn a blind eye to issue affecting their region...E.g

We Won’t Allow Forceful Take Over Of Our Farmlands By Fulani Herdsmen – Ondo Far - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/5807944/wont-allow-forceful-take-over
You are just a victim crier. That is the fact.

What have you done to the sacking of community by Fulani herdsmen in enugu, anambra and abia.

Hope you were able to save one of your fathers that small Fulani boy slapped in his farm in anambra and collected his phone. Only for him to be shouting na because I know you o.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gabkosh:
You are just a victim crier. That is the fact.

..and you super man will carry other peoples matter for head like bread and butter seller....not attending to your own issues...what kind of human are you?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

ha ha then where is Abuja , south right?
no
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Your graph didnt show anything.

Proverty in the north is not hunger but lack of proper housing or no good clothing for kids to wear, lack of education.

Food is nothing in the north, most villagers are farmers, they might be millionaires but are contented with what they can provide for themselves.

Another thing you also need to understand is that farmers do not determine real price of food stuff but middlemen.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Gabkosh: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

..and you super man will carry other peoples matter for head like bread and butter seller....not attending to your own issues...what kind of human are you?
Sharap. Shameless victim crier
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Captainrambo2: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

In benue alone, gboko to be precise, july, august and september we sell a basket of tomatoes at 50 to 100 naira.
in zaki biam and logo you can buy 100 tubers of yam for 3k-5k during harvest, lets i forget a bag of orange will be costing 700 naira, during this period and beyond you will see trucks going down south, and dem go seat down insult us....
sha i blame my peopple, dem go sell 100 tubers of yam for onitsha come buy fried yam for N500(4 slices) comeback......
kyase if we should zone anything to the north... your benue wont be considered.... the north we know starts from kaduna upward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Naajjii: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Plateau and Kogi are on the top 5 states, you people were crying northern states, you guys forgot anything middlebelt in this instance
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by DabuIIIT: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Arrewa:
You should be Ashamed for your region!

The North being the food basket of the nation doesn't mean it doesn't have vulnerable people!!

The north produce 80‰ of Agricultural produce in Nigeria!!

On daily basis hundreds of trailer of food used to move food down to your region for you to survive!!

Now I challenge you to tell me one thing!! That is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume??

The only thing you do is to gather Almejiri pictures and be posting on Nairaland!

Tell me one thing that is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume!!

you people only assemble chines products in Aba, package them and tag them Aba made!!

The south east contribute nothing to our national pause!! Even the oil you're claiming in imo is not in commercial quantity!

Na just few igbo politicians dey use the money service their cars!

North is feeding your region!!

Northerners are feeding you from Generation to Generation!!

You should even thank the north more than you're thanking Jesus!! Cos they're your real Saviours!!

Here we go again,Igbo this Igbo that, anybody, anybody at all that comes up with any analysis that doesn't tally with your ideology is automatically Igbo!!! Shame on you.....

Truth be told,you northerners add nothing, absolutely nothing to the value of the country and other Nigerians.

You bunch have been a huge burden on the south especially the Niger Deltans....

You have been in power for donkey years one way or the other and the country haven't fared any better. She keeps going down deep in retrogression which,by the way,is your hallmark.

We southerners say, Thunda Faya Lugard.
Thunda Faya 1914.
Thunda Faya that bloody amalgamation.

We wish it never happened.

God bless you,deepfeel

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indefinite Strike: Organized Labor In Cross River Ask Members To Sit-At-Home / Fbi Agents Arrive Abuja, Comb Police Headquarters / Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.