Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation (5710 Views)

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

as at last year 2019 a basket was sold at 70 naira......

and yes native dont buy because they can get it for free.... now go ffffffk yourself

Stop spreading fake news, that Benue state, I have been there before and nothing is free there, the discrimination when selling to outsiders is annoying then you have taxes to buy just because you buy stuff there

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

You lie BIG TIME!
only yams?
Are you for real?
Infact, the Egusi and ogbono I have presently in my house came directly from benue.
The land in benue is highly fertile, the reason blood thirsty Fulani demons are hell bent on sacking them.
that girl is a pained demon

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

The gwaris are basically in abuja not nassarawa or Niger state.

Stop confusing yourself... I lived in Minna and I know the gwaris than you would ever know them.
Even at that, Abuja is not core north?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
How can these desert be food basket of the nation

Arrewa:
You should Ashamed for your the south east!!

The Northern being the full basket of the doesn't mean it doesn't have vulnerable people!!

The north produce 80‰ of Agricultural produce in Nigeria!!

In a day hundreds of trailer of food used to move food down to your region for you to survive!!

Now I challenge you to tell me one thing!! That is produce in igbo land which Nigerians consume??

The only thing you do is to gather Almejiri pictures and posting on Nairaland!

Tell me one thing that is produced in igbo land which Nigerians consume!!

The only thing you do is to assemble chines products in Aba, package them and tag them Aba made!!

The south east contribute nothing to our national pause!! Even the oil you're claiming in imo is not a commercial quantity!

Na just few politicians dey use the money service their cars!

North is feeding your region!! You should even thank the north more than you're thanking Jesus!! Cos they're your Saviours!!

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Redcrafton: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
totit:
[s][/s]

Why are you so hurt tho?
grin
You ain't even making sense anymore shocked :I

Like...WTF are you even saying now cool grin

Stop taking harmful substance.,,you guys are well known for...like lizard poo, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Fidelismaria: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2020

O chim

See as DAT small boy dey smoke cigar

Also na shovel dem use dey serve food

shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by totit: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Stop taking harmful substance.,,you guys are well known for...like lizard poo, etc.

Stop mistaken for you, your region.
Talking about the effect of hard drugs, see facts...

https://www.nairaland.com/5655799/southeast-highest-rate-abuse-nhrc

grin

wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop spreading fake news, that Benue state, I have been there before and nothing is free there, the discrimination when selling to outsiders is annoying then you have taxes to buy just because you buy stuff there
fake news as in how?
that tomatoes during the harvest is not 100 per basket at most or we dont cultivate?
revenue or tax auntie.....
there's no discrimination anywhere, or you wan come feel like boss buy waka go?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

Stop confusing yourself... I lived in Minna and I know the gwaris than you would ever know them.
Even at that, Abuja is not core north?

Because you lived in minna meaning you know the Gbagyi people than me.

Continue typing.

The most concentrated of gbagyi people are in the fct.

And who wrote that abuja is core north.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Go back to farm and stop crying here , crying won't put food on your table

Arrewa:
The south east is the most backward region in Nigeria!!

The only thing you do is to Download old 2008 Almajiri pictures and some pictures from Konduga, Gwoza and Bama idps to mock the north!!

If your region the east suffer 2yrs out from 11yrs insurgency in maiduguri I bet you that the name igbo land will cease to exist!!

Those people you're posting their pictures are from war torn Borno communities!! People who were unable to farm or work because of insurgency!! You're using the pictures to comfort yourself that the south east is better than the whole northern states because you download pictures from Bama, Konduga and Gwoza idps!!

The north is not Borno!! The north is not a single state! The north is made of 15 core Northern states!!

Kano alone is in every aspect more developed than the entire South east!!

Your region at the other hand is the most backward region in Nigeria!!

Your politicians don't care to develop your region...

Do you know why??

Because they know you're gullible!! They know that Las Las na Buhari and the north una go blame and will never hold them accountable!!

You will blame Buhari, blame the north and continue waiting for Biafra!!

That is why your region is backward and underdeveloped!!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

fake news as in how?
that tomatoes during the harvest is not 100 per basket at most or we dont cultivate?

I know your area as a yam area.

And I know that native people have their own prices and outsiders have their own prices in the same market in zakibian.

Your people will come speak language buy things from sellers and get discount, outsiders will be charge heavily. Then local govt tax people will also want to collect their shares, very bad experience.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

fake news as in how?

Orne don't mind sexylassie2 I spent a lot of years in Benue, plateau i know gboko I know how cheap yams tomatoes are at ortese market mkar

Atsonka bume didoo kwa yan cii ka tiv Ver kahaan ye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

Orne don't mind sexylassie2 I spent a lot of years in Benue, plateau i know gboko I know how cheap yams tomatoes are at ortese market mkar

Continue speaking language for your native man, that is the same way, you guys do in the market.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

lets not forget ubangage market
lol vu bume didoo ambiam...
you sabi write tiv pass me sef grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Continue speaking language for your native man, that is the same way, you guys do in the market.

Am not tiv but I can speak the language cause I stayed there for many years , I spoke the tiv language so you will know is true

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Arrewa: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Igbo land! The land of developers!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

Am not tiv but I can speak the language cause I stayed there for many years , I spoke the tiv language so you will know is true

Well done, guess, you will be able to price on bargain when next you go there.

Now, I know their tricks.
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:
lets not forget ubangage market
lol vu bume didoo ambiam...
you sabi write tiv pass me sef grin

Kyase

Sorry ubangagi tomato market in gboko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Kyase(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

I know your area as a yam area.

And I know that native people have their own prices and outsiders have their own prices in the same market in zakibian.

Your people will come speak language buy things from sellers and get discount, outsiders will be charge heavily. Then local govt tax people will also want to collect their shares, very bad experience.
see these things happen everywhere, go kasuwa barci no speak hausa see weda dem no go cut your head with price, but speak hausa come add dan allah see if you no carry some things free......
so you wan come buy something for area no pay homage ba?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Well done, guess, you will be able to price on bargain when next you go there.

Now, I know their tricks.

Lol if you really want to know the tricks in buying things cheap in tiv local markets , don't go in the morning, go late in the evening during closing hours

Those village women will sell a basket of tomatoes for you, 100 naira cause they can't take it back home

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Arrewa: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Igbo land!!

Igbos are already taking over the begging industry!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by oyatz(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
This kind of thread is often deficit in intelligence but surplus in tribalism.

1) Every Geo-Political zones have lands and a farming population which produce certain Agricultural produce
e.g Cassava, Maize,Igwu, Palm oil in the S/East.

Yam, Vegetables, Kolanuts, Oranges, Mangoes, Poultry products,Timber from the S/West.

Groundnuts, cotton, Beaf, Soya beans,Maize, Beans, Nigerian rice from the NW

2) The volume of Agricultural produce in all the zones are not the same and some invest more in Agriculture than others.

3) Since we are ONE Country, we have become inter-dependent in ways that look like division of labour.

E.g Our traders and Pharmaceutical distributors are more from the S/East.

Our Herdsmen, Mai-Suya and Bureau-de-change operators are more from the N/West and N/East.

Our Artisans like Printers, Mechanics &builders ,Carpenters, office administrators/workers, Poultry farmers, Cocoa Farmers and Kolanuts farmers are more from the S/West.

Blue3k:
These thread always turn stupid. I tried researching Nigeria agricultural output but I can't find reliable data. I have my suspicions about northern agricultural productivity. If I ever find reliable data I'll do topic justice.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

Lol if you really want to know the tricks in buying things cheap in tub local markets , don't go in the morning, go late in the evening during closing hours

Those village women will sell a basket of tomatoes for you, 100 naira cause they can't take it back home

When you are buying in bulk, you can't go in the night, anyway, I have learnt to negotiate with farmers directly.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:
see these things happen everywhere, go kasuwa barci no speak hausa see weda dem no go cut your head with price, but speak hausa come add dan allah see if you no carry some things free......
so you wan come buy something for area no pay homage ba?

It is a lie, Hausa people are truthful, they sold me exactly the same price.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

When you are buying in bulk, you can't go in the night, anyway, I have learnt to negotiate with farmers directly.

That's good , if you have a trusted tiv person that can negotiate for you then its good, treat him or she right before you know it, he or she will treat you like family

Start by buying some little gift for that person from your state anytime you are going to Benue

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by sexylassie2(f): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:

That's good , if you have a trusted tiv person that can negotiate for you then its good, treat him or she right before you know it, he or she will treat you like family

Start by buying some little gift for that person from your state anytime you are going to Benue

I learnt the hard way. I literally was crying for been cheated and exhorted by everyone.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

All the food you mentioned, you need onion, tomatoes and pepper from the north to make it eatable.

How many people eat ofada rice, even the so called tomatoes cultivated in the south are in commercial quantity.

Jos produce the best tomatoes and it's the middle belt.
Ofada rice is better than the rice cultivated in the North by 200%
They may not be in commercial quantities but let me burst your bubble, there are tomatoes trucks coming in EVERY day from the border before the border closure.

Onions definitely is core North.
Pepper is everywhere,even my mom had got a pepper farm.

In essence, Core North ain't the only food producers in the country.If they were, hunger and malnutrition won't be killing them like chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=sexylassie2 post=88696393]

I learnt the hard way. I literally was crying for been cheated and exhorted by everyone.[/quoter]

What and what do you buy there? Cause zakibiam is no longer safe for genuine business people, the afo yam market has been taken over by thugs , gana's boys

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Deepfeel:
How can these desert be food basket of the nation

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now I understand why this animals are hell bent on sacking the middle beltans.Wait all those gallons for that water source?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Bethel4Life(f): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kyase:

In benue alone, gboko to be precise, july, august and september we sell a basket of tomatoes at 50 to 100 naira.
in zaki biam and logo you can buy 100 tubers of yam for 3k-5k during harvest, lets i forget a bag of orange will be costing 700 naira, during this period and beyond you will see trucks going down south, and dem go seat down insult us....
sha i blame my peopple, dem go sell 100 tubers of yam for onitsha come buy fried yam for N500(4 slices) comeback......
U mean middle belt is north??
Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by nkwuocha1: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

I learnt the hard way. I literally was crying for been cheated and exhorted by everyone.

Kpele,
Maybe you should try going to Bornu to buy yams.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by Deepfeel(m): 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
nkwuocha1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now I understand why this animals are hell bent on sacking the middle beltans.Wait all those gallons for that water source?

Their lands are fast turning to deserts , I won't lie to you

No water underground

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jamaica is alot better than nigerian / Osinbajo: Working Together, Nigeria Will Realize Its True Potentials / Pictures Of West Africa Largest Market Onitsha Main Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.