Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation (5689 Views)

Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation / Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Northern Nigeria Foodbasket Of The Nation by omonnakoda: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
oyatz:
I guess you don't how different tiers of Government in Nigeria generate their revenues.

1) Farmers who plant and harvest Tomatoes, Yam, Potatoes, Sugarcane, Pepper etc pay personal income tax to THEIR State Governments

2) When these food items are taken to the market to be sold, the sellers pay tax to the LOCAL GOVERNMENT where the markets are located.

3) If Yams, Cocoa, Cotton, Hard woods, Cashew nuts, Kolanuts, Beans, Leather, bones and dried stockfish are exported, the exporter pay tax (export duty levies) to the Federal Government through the Nigerian Custom Service.

Did you quote me to irritate me or are you just seeking to be noticed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2022: NNPC Presents N3trn Subsidy Bill To FEC / Chicago University Record Shows A Female (TINUBU) / Supreme Court Affirms Nasir Idris’ Election As Kebbi Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.