Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion (29285 Views)

Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by fmwise2k(m): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Parents must always have favourite..
Visit www.floralgardner.com to learn how to manage your health
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by EzzyCarter: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
wink
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by stanisbaratheon: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Anumpama:
Dear nairalanders
This question have been bothering me for long
Is it good for parents to love one of their child more than one.

What is your view?

It's not a matter of good or bad, it is a natural phenomenon.

There is no way a parent can love his/her children equally. It's not possible.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by NevetsIbot(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tcheeeeew. Upon the super fast space booking.. I still landed in 2nd page.

I'm commenting no more abeg undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Deicide: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
With time you'll get used to it

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by HeavenlyHolines(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na normal thing so likewise with two or three wives. U can't love all ur children to be factual equally. It mostly occurred among large family. There must always be or want to be a Judas among them. The best is don't show or say it among the children

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Sheriman(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Surely it happens in every home especially African home.. parents do love one child over others. Joseph was his father favorite amongst his other brethren. Though if it too much it can cause jealousy and hatred
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by tammie24: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
That's irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Truthbites: 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Very normal. God loved Jacob more than Esau. Whites are Jacob. Blacks are Esau. Africa will suffer till the end of time.na God talk so

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Favy1235(f): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Here my mum likes my 3rd sister more no matter how much she tries to hide it it always shows.
To her she is always right
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Ablemax(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
vickydankal:
Life events, child character etc could make a parent love a child more than another, but maturity demands you love them equally and give them equal right that they won’t notice who is more loved.

Else you will create a problem for yourself and the children in the future: my daddy didn’t show me love because I am a female. Abandoned us at the hospital, never allowed me in his car, didn’t pay my school fees etc until he died I can’t tell if I ever had a father .

This touching

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Alwaysachick: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wrong....it breeds envy and jealousy. Its like sowing an evil seed. But I guess its human nature to always have preference.

But whatever you do, don't make others feel less of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Victor08032(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
WHY DID JESUS CHRIST LOVED JOHN MORE THAN THE OTHERS DISCIPLES (12)

WHY DID JACOB LOVED JOSEPH MORE THAN HIS CHILDREN BRETHREN (12)

WHY DID ODUNDUWA LOVED OROMIYAN MORE THAN HIS CHILDREN (7)

THE REASON I HAVE FOR MY SON I BELOVED HIM MORE THAN HIS SISTER, IT IS BECAUSE HE MY AREMO
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Anny505(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Even God himself had his favorite between Esau and Jacob right from their mother's womb.

Jacob I love, Esau I hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by callmeRichie(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Anumpama post=88697483]

Well it's normal and inevitable. But don't fucking show it!! As in at all!!

Favourism is a joy killer jare, kids would just end up beefing themselves for life. They would just b like "i don't just like my brother"

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Ytea(f): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
I really think it's quite unavoidable. Even I as an older sibling, loves one younger sibling more than the other.
I'm not the parents' favourite.
I think it's just what it is. Just know how to use sense to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by afecgivers: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Anumpama post=88697483]Dear nairalanders
This question have been bothering me for long
Is it good for parents to love one of their child more than one.

What is your view? [/quote

What happened between Isaac and easy...no b today
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some children are just more impressive than others. I think the right word is "impress". Some parents are more impressed with some of their children. Mr Father, God bless his soul, loved me me so much because he was impressed by my academic performance and street wiseness. I was always coming first in class.
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by aduwak: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
I am the only child, but still not the favourite.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nerro042: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
While it's is human nature to fabour one individual over the other... It is also nature to have sense. Parents who fabour one child over the other are setting the stage for bitterness, greed and envy. I expect any reasonable parent to never publicly favour a child over the other one....by doing this you are already setting your family on fire... He that have sense, let them use it

E b like say your "v" button no de work

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by starbuck(f): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's just natural and there's no how one can avoid it... Besides it usually occurs when one is the last kid or child in the family...

But as a parent in order to Avoid siblings rivalry , do not relate with your children individually, bond them together, create an inseparable scenarios amongst them.

As the last kid too, my parents loves me a lot that initially my siblings started developing envy and jealous towards me because i was given everything that i requested for even till this my adulthood, but as time went on, my 2 brothers were got to understand the whole scenario as it was unavoidable (as they said, i am a beautiful soul on my own) but up till this moment, i don't see eye to eye with my only sister undecided undecided because she once told me right in front of my siblings and parents that no matter what happens, she will never like me, that she doesn't know the reason why all my requests are being granted..

I wish don't make the same mistake because right at this moment, i love my last kid, he's like my favorite always tagging along with me...

3 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
I was always the favorite of my parent because I was precocious, and my precociousness led me to not revel and sometimes reject this favoritism, guess at first it was my fault as I could be a bit manipulative and could spot out bs and align myself to be on the power end of most association.

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Lisa001: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
It normal to love a child more than the other children but it's so bad to make it obvious,my mother loves our kid brother more than us because of the complications she had during his birth according to her
She made it obvious but it created Envy and Jealousy amidst us

I vowed never to do that to my children

8 Likes

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by scanado(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Blaqbeckham23:
Thats true sha. My mum loves my bro that's a bad boy more

Pls take of ur advert... Ur bad boy brother or friends might be on nairaland too... Ur phone number is there
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nerro042:

E b like say your "v" button no de work
lol.. No vez
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by gift2xl: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Same thing with children having there own favorite, "Mum or dad".

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by OgbanjeProphet: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's not good!
It's not good!
It's not good!..

If you love my brother pass me and I know it. If eventually I become richer than my brother and he is not capable enough to provide all your need,...??

You know the answer!

Even if you love one better, never make it obvious or you will regret later.

Na you born them, but no be you hold their fate.

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Uyi168: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
sherylbakky:
The truth is, as long as our personalities differ as humans....Parent/parents will always love one child more than other/others.

What is not good is making it obvious to the extent that everyone including the sibling/siblings notice.

It's better to keep it to themselves and care equally for all the children.
We said...
I doubt if as a parent u can love all yuur kids equally..
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Kimzo: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
As much as some parents don't want to show it, just so the other child/children won't feel bad, there is always that one child love more by either the Dad or Mum.. Before my Dad died, may his soul rest in peace, in a family of 5 children, he would call me once he gets his Salary and ask what foodstuff we need to buy, once we are done, my Mum would say it's not my duty to check as I am not even the first nor second born, but the man just feel more relaxed talking to me as I am with him, he gave me my nickname, and uptil today I am the only child that got a nick from him
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Ambber(f): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
It’s the worst thing any parent can do showing they prefer one child to the other. Congratulations if you are such a parent for taking a discount on your child’s self worth before others get a chance. Don’t do it. Build up your child and do not dent his or her confidence. Don’t compare your kids. Would you like it if they compare you to Dangote?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OMG! Proud Mum-to-be Shows Off Her Pregnancy Stretch Marks / Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family? / What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.