Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients (30160 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Spanish Hospital Where Coughing Coronavirus Patients Lay On Floor Of Corridor / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by scholes0(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
But I thought Abia is God's own state which Coronavirus "can never enter" because it is the only state mentioned in the Bible.... grin
All these our educated illiterate politicians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by 9jayes: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Las Las egungun no kiafu
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by kaycee125: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kerosene governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
I thought he once said Abia state is of God and won't get the Covid-19 because Abia is the only state in Nigeria mentioned in the bible. How come they have the virus now?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
sammylee7:
Hello goodevening fellas, I'm Lee by name ND I'm an online businessman. With my experience with online businesses, have Come to discover how u can always make any online business pay you, no matter what.

Press my watsapp dm now, let me show u this latest one I'm currently working with.
With your little investment you can earn any amount u want. It all depends on how serious u are in the team.

I just need 10 genuine person in my team, nd trust me I'm fully ready to work with you to achieve financial success this lock down period.

Whatsapp : +2348104501976
Call: 07057394541

Little investment

Team kill you there

Scamee... scammer

1 Like

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Ekebitozi: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Some people can actually joke with their life
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by blowjohn(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kristofferson:
I thought he once said Abia state is of God and won't get the Covid-19 because Abia is the only state in Nigeria mentioned in the bible. How come they have the virus now?? undecided

Twas s mistake
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Kinematics: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why would a private hospital risk the life of their staff and loved ones? Thought the NMA decision was that no private hospital should treat COVID19 cases.

Greed and I too know amongst our colleagues.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by ud4u: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's ok
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by apex7313: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 2933408[/color]
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

Greed and I too know amongst our colleagues.

I think the double standard is the problem. If Kyari was managed by a Private practice, it is unfair to close down another private facility in the country indefinitely. What the government should do is to close it for the time being when fumigation is done.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ignorance and apathy are the two things destroying world. i don't know and i don't care
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Kinematics: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

I think the double standard is the problem. If Kyari was managed by a Private practice, it is unfair to close down another private facility in the country indefinitely. What the government should do is to close it for the time being when fumigation is done.

Well I get your point. Nigeria itself is a joke of a country.
But some doctors feel like they are superman. They know it all, then add the greed to make money especially in PP setting.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by apex6156: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 3600992[/color]
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by GboyegaD(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

Well I get your point. Nigeria itself is a joke of a country.
But some doctors feel like they are superman. They know it all, then add the greed to make money especially in PP setting.

It is well. It is one of the major challenges of the society. The PPP in some government hospital is making some patients life miserable as most utensils has to be bought from this Pharmacies in the PPP. Overall, we are a greedy lot as we appreciate money above value.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Kinematics: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
GboyegaD:

It is well. It is one of the major challenges of the society. The PPP in some government hospital is making some patients life miserable as most utensils has to be bought from this Pharmacies in the PPP. Overall, we are a greedy lot as we appreciate money above value.

I'm not referring to PPP. I'm talking about PP meaning private practice. That's people that own private hospitals.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by jamesharryson(m): 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
HisSexcellency:
With all the sensitization and deaths all over the place, why will a doctor be treating a patient suspected to have corona virus. Why endanger the lives of his staff and others in the hospital, are they not aware of the symptoms and how highly infectious the virus is

BTW, what does the governor mean by the above statement. So to provide security for the lives of the people of your state where he campaigned endlessly and rigged elections to get to power is now a burden. embarassed

Abia intended to reduce the load of the stay at home. But this made it not to be possible anymore
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by omoh5064: 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
I support the governor on this
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by uchrikk(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why would a private hospital risk the life of their staff and loved ones? Thought the NMA decision was that no private hospital should treat COVID19 cases.

Channels TV explained in their report that the hospital was treating the patients for other underlying health issues before refering them to FMC Umuahia. Their samples were Only taken for Covid19 test at FMC.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by ogunsinamayowa(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
HisSexcellency:
With all the sensitization and deaths all over the place, why will a doctor be treating a patient suspected to have corona virus. Why endanger the lives of his staff and others in the hospital, are they not aware of the symptoms and how highly infectious the virus is

BTW, what does the governor mean by the above statement. So to provide security for the lives of the people of your state where he campaigned endlessly and rigged elections to get to power is now a burden. embarassed

What do you mean? who are supposed to treat the patients? People that are already infected who is treating them, Donald trump? The doctors did nothing wrong, they are the only ones that can treat infected people and if they don't know that those patients should be quarantined then they are not doctors. The governor is only taking extra precaution.
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Dotunking01: 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hi there, Are you an individual business owner, a vendor or you run a corporate organisation. Do you wish to join a platform that gives you steady event jobs as well as connects you to real clients all over Nigeria? If yes, sign up with us by filling this short form to show your interest http:///9japarryReg
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
I thought God would never send covid19 to Abia....... grin
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by OdefaGirl(f): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
angry

To me, I think that giving out the identities of the victims would go a long way in identifying their contacts....

1 Like

Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by SavageMaster: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
HisSexcellency:

Most private hospitals that see a patient may not make a Coronavirus diagnosis until much later into the treatment. At the point of admission, they may not have looked like Coronavirus cases.

I don't also understand that last statement by the governor. Sounds like stigmatisation to me
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by Pact: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hmmm

For those who are yet to register,the immigration recruitment has been extended by two weeks. Tell your children/wards, friends to go and register.
https://www.nairaland.com/5733310/nigeria-immigration-service-2020-recruitment/60#88554125
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by edoairways: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
GboyegaD:
I like your signature
Re: Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients by keryj(f): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thats how all this Ajala the travelers will be spreading the virus. undecided undecided

Abia does not have a case, how did the patient got to Abia in this lockdown

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help! How Can I Treat Chronic Catarrh That Has Lasted More Than 8yrs / The Truth About Eggs / Fake Medical Doctor Arrested In Ebonyi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.