Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years (3254 Views)

Types Of Conditions In The Marriage Contract / Fbi Concludes 15 Years Investigation Of Islam / Marriage Of Aisha (r.a) At 9 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 6:23am On Apr 27, 2020
At least, Saudi Arabia in 2019 has seen the light and is banning child marriages

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Baycard55(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
whitelotus:
Niger not Nigeria
The question is that do u believe in God?
Do you believe shaitan(satan) exist?
Do you believe satan do manifest in life of mankind?
Do you know what zina is?
How much do you about what Allah(SWT) says about zina?
How much do you know about islam?
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Baycard55:

The question is that do u believe in God?

Do you believe shaitan(satan) exist?

Do you believe satan do manifest in life of mankind?

Do you know what zina is?

How much do you about what Allah(SWT) says about zina?

How much do you know about islam?

I actually know a lot about islam.

I was a christian for many years. Then I tried Islam as christianity didnt work for me. Then I became an atheist.

Suffice it to say that I have some experience.

I know about zina and adultery/fornication.

However, I dont subscribe to such morality. My morality follows a higher logic (and not a higher being).

Now, how does this all relate to the the question of PEDOPHILIA in islam
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Baycard55(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
whitelotus:

I was a christian for many years. Then I tried Islam as christianity didnt work for me. Then I became an atheist.

However, I dont subscribe to such morality. My morality follows a higher logic (and not a higher being).

Thanks, the foundation of this all is culture not islam, so the emergence of the prophet of allah(SAW) sees the early marriage as an avenue to curb the ever- rising of the act of zina in our homes

Note: please understand that this is not wajib as there is different btw wajib and un- obligation

The religion of islam is not oppressing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Sufisunni: 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
whitelotus:

Pedophilia is not in Islam, no one can substantiate this in Islam
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
Sufisunni:

And the fact that many muslims believe that it is sunnah that when a girl reaches puberty, she is ripe for marriage?
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by PeacenLove2: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Superjazz:
It had been proven that a girl starts maturity at the age of puberity 12 years and upwards in most females and a female body becomes ready for given birth at at least 17 to 18years.why do Muslims and imams still go ahead to marry a 12year old girl and put the young lad under emotional stress while is isn't ready for what's she is going into.

No mind them. Before before for olden days, na so every tribe, culture, religion dey do but the inability of Muslims to change like the rest expose their young girls to pedophilia. We dey pray make dem change. Saudi Arabia where the religion originate don dey wake up small small.

Be like say na only God fit change am o as our own government no too care. If dem talk, dem go say religious oppression or freedom. Person wey suppose talk sef skeleton for cupboard. And people wey e suppose concern pass too busy dey pepper each other. grin
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Sufisunni: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
whitelotus:

And the fact that many muslims believe that it is sunnah that when a girl reaches puberty, she is ripe for marriage?
This is misleading. Minimum marriage age for girls in Muslim countries: Egypt, 18: Indonesia, Turkey and Qatar, 16; Iraq, 15; Jordan, 15; Kuwait, 15; Malaysia and Somalia, 16; Mauritania, Oman, UAE and Morroco, 18. The above listed countries have the largest muslim population in the world, perhaps 80 to 90% of world muslims.
USA has 12 yrs as minimum age of marriage!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

Naturally, human is self fish and tends to explore any opportunity for nothing sake, but self ends. No where in Qur'an is marriage age mentioned, but puberty and maturity --mental development were explicitly mentioned in Qur'an. Marriage varies from era and region, And that's left for society to decide but puberty and mental development must not be compromised.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Empiree: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
Sufisunni:
Dont mind him. He's a clown

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Empiree: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
Sufisunni:
This is misleading. Minimum marriage age for girls in Muslim countries: Egypt, 18: Indonesia, Turkey and Qatar, 16; Iraq, 15; Jordan, 15; Kuwait, 15; Malaysia and Somalia, 16; Mauritania, Oman, UAE and Morroco, 18. The above listed countries have the largest muslim population in the world, perhaps 80 to 90% of world muslims.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

Naturally, human is self fish and tends to explore any opportunity for nothing sake, but self ends. No where in Qur'an is marriage age mentioned, but puberty and maturity --mental development were explicitly mentioned in Qur'an. Marriage varies from era and region, And that's left for society to decide but puberty and mental development must not be compromised.

He and his fellow clowns are on a mission. That's why he's not ready to accept your view. I have given them evidences from western countries several times but they either turn the other way or twist my posts on the topic. They also refused to accept the fact that most of the so called "underage" girls in the west are actually promiscuous. Before most of them turn 15 they are already disvirgined by hoodrat. When i brought this up they said nothing. Their method is that you can sleep around even if you're underage but you just can not get married. They have no solution to this. They do this right now in nigeria. It is supported by church leaders. A man exposed this in his lecture some years ago whereby they prefer girls to be single and sleep around, have kids by different men than to marry. Yet they form holier than thou

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 2:02am On Apr 28, 2020
Sufisunni:

See propaganda.

Indonesia has the largest muslims population and it was only as at December 2019 (less than 8 months ago) that they raised the marriagable age to 19 for girls.
Indonesia had the eight highest levels of child brides in the world.

Under previous laws, the minimum age was 16 for females to marry but parents could ask religious courts to marry those younger than 16.

Let me not even talk about Pakistan, the second largest Muslim population in the world.
================

This is just an example of underage marriage and paedophilia in islam. Imagine how many children were married in indonesia before September 2019.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 2:08am On Apr 28, 2020
Empiree:
He and his fellow clowns are on a mission. That's why he's not ready to accept your view. I have given them evidences from western countries several times but they either turn the other way or twist my posts on the topic. They also refused to accept the fact that most of the so called "underage" girls in the west are actually promiscuous. Before most of them 15 they are already disvirgined by hoodrat. When i brought this up they said nothing. Their method is that you can sleep around even if you're underage but you just can not get married. They have no solution to this. They do this right now in nigeria. It is supported by church leaders. A man exposed this in his lecture some years ago whereby they prefer girls to be single and sleep around, have kids by different men than to marry. Yet they form holier than thou

We are focusing on Islam, pointing fingers and making false allegations about Christians will never help your case.

What is a 50 year old man doing with a 14 year old girl in marriage? That is what we are talking about. Not some misguided hoodrat youth who live with you in the ghetto.

Tell me where a responsible Christian or atheist will see his underage daughter having sex and permit it? This is unlike muslims where educated parents will be giving their 14 year old daughter for marriage.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 2:11am On Apr 28, 2020
Empiree:
Dont mind him. He's a clown

A clown for telling the truth.

What is the ruling on marriagable age in islam? I dare you to answer.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Empiree: 2:40am On Apr 28, 2020
whitelotus:

We are focusing on Islam, pointing fingers and making false allegations about Christians will never help your case.

What is a 50 year old man doing with a 14 year old girl in marriage? That is what we are talking about. Not some misguided hoodrat youth who live with you in the ghetto.

Tell me where a responsible Christian or atheist will see his underage daughter having sex and permit it? This is unlike muslims where educated parents will be giving their 14 year old daughter for marriage.
Oh, "hoodrat" in the context gave you an edge, abi?. Well, that's my fault but thanks for reminding me. Do yourself a favor and back search this thread. You get to see descent young people having babies. I posted them here last year. Do some research. You are boring
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Baycard55(m): 5:17am On Apr 28, 2020
My dear brothers and sister in our faithful Islam, in as much as motive of the kufr is to castigate our way of life please always turn a deaf ear, they are nt convincable, for only Allah as the power to guide one on a straight part. Alhamdulilah we are muslims.

Note: The main reason we are created is to worship God and Him only. In as much as this early marriage doesn't void our ibadah and the Supreme creator is pleased with us, alhamdulilah.

Live them(mushriqeen and munafiqeen) to God to jugde, for He alone is the supreme jugde.

Ramadan mubarak to you all

1 Like

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 7:48am On Apr 28, 2020
Empiree:
Oh, "hoodrat" in the context gave you an edge, abi?. Well, that's my fault but thanks for reminding me. Do yourself a favor and back search this thread. You get to see descent young people having babies. I posted them here last year. Do some research. You are boring

Both the Indonesian and Saudi governments saw the issue of child marriages as a problem. They specifically made laws banning underage marriage in 2019.

You, a Nigerian muslim who knows.little about islam is here talking as if there are no issues in islam when it comes to underage marriage.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2020
Baycard55:
My dear brothers and sister in our faithful Islam, in as much as motive of the kufr is to castigate our way of life please always turn a deaf ear, they are nt convincable, for only Allah as the power to guide one on a straight part. Alhamdulilah we are muslims.

Note: The main reason we are created is to worship God and Him only. In as much as this early marriage doesn't void our ibadah and the Supreme creator is pleased with us, alhamdulilah.

Live them(mushriqeen and munafiqeen) to God to jugde, for He alone is the supreme jugde.

Ramadan mubarak to you all

Bury your head in the sand.

People like you do not care about the numerous children being sent into marriages. Children who should be in school being turned to brides. Child abuse that is globally happening as a result of religion. People believing that it is islamic and okay to marry girls as soon as they hit puberty.

How do you worship God and ignore evil that is happening to children? How do you worship God and ignore the pains of your fellow man.

You can call me an infidel. A mushrikun. A munafiqh. But I will let you know something-

"A humble disbeliever is better than a hypocrite believer"
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
cc saucyxo.

opinions on this thread?
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Saucyxo: 2:01am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:
cc saucyxo.

opinions on this thread?

I’ve said it time and time again. I agree with Mr Aliyu. Don’t bother have this conversation with Empiree and the rest lol they don’t agree and that’s that. They are not representative of the Muslim population don’t worry. Empiree told me he wouldn’t let his daughter marry that young lol I think his zeal to protect Islam is clouding his judgement on Muslims. Knowledge is not to argue. It’s to know better and do better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 3:42am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

I’ve said it time and time again. I agree with Mr Aliyu. Don’t bother have this conversation with Empiree and the rest lol they don’t agree and that’s that. They are not representative of the Muslim population don’t worry. Empiree told me he wouldn’t let his daughter marry that young lol I think his zeal to protect Islam is clouding his judgement on Muslims. Knowledge is not to argue. It’s to know better and do better

grin

I just needed you to say this.

These guys forget that this is also a women's rights issue. Young girls should be given education and not child marriage.

Cc Empiree, Lanrexlan, Rilwayne001. There will always be a difference between an educated/exposed muslim and a local/ignorant muslim.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2020
Baycard55:

Thanks, the foundation of this all is culture not islam, so the emergence of the prophet of allah(SAW) sees the early marriage as an avenue to curb the ever- rising of the act of zina in our homes

Note: please understand that this is not wajib as there is different btw wajib and un- obligation

The religion of islam is not oppressing

Have you met a lot of non-muslims to conclude that islam is not oppresive?
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Superjazz:
It had been proven that a girl starts maturity at the age of puberity 12 years and upwards in most females and a female body becomes ready for given birth at at least 17 to 18years.why do Muslims and imams still go ahead to marry a 12year old girl and put the young lad under emotional stress while is isn't ready for what's she is going into.
Let me answer you, it's because Many Muslims practice what is no different from what happened during the Jahiliyya period. They are plain senseless
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by Empiree: 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2020
Superjazz:
who proved this?. Where did you get your statistics from?.

Even if a 30 yr old Muslim man marries 17 yr old girl you would still complain and accused him of pedo. So please show us evidence that a girl is ready to have baby at 17yrs old and not before?. I am really interested.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by InfinityFabric: 12:28am On May 01, 2020
Superjazz:
This is a moronic post from you and since the education is an utter disgrace, it means no one actually properly grilled you or your project.
Which in turn led you to this public shame of a post.
Now, on to your ignorance.

It had been proven that a girl starts maturity at the age of puberity 12 years and upwards
Where ? Africa, Asia, America (North or South), Europa, Australia?
Even after that you will still enter into another demographic.

in most females and a female body becomes ready for given birth at at least 17 to 18years.
Haha, another shortsighted nonsense. Where? which demographic are u talking about ?

why do Muslims and imams still go ahead to marry a 12year old girl and put the young lad under emotional stress while is isn't ready for what's she is going into.
The marriage is void without consent, that is the part you're missing.
The rulings are clear, but don't expect everyone to act in line. Alhamdulillah, you're talking about actions of the people not the text.

While there are instances where the[b] girl is clearly not ready[/b] and not inline with such arrangement, the crap you posted while generalizing everything like an average copy-pasta Polytechnic project just showed how ignorant you're.

Next time you're going to an intellectual battle, be properly armed with proper points.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by babakb: 6:45pm On May 01, 2020
InfinityFabric:

This is a moronic post from you and since the education is an utter disgrace, it means no one actually properly grilled you or your project.

Haha, another shortsighted nonsense. Where? which demographic are u talking about ?

The rulings are clear, but don't expect everyone to act in line. Alhamdulillah, you're talking about actions of the people not the text.

While there are instances where the[b] girl is clearly not ready[/b] and not inline with such arrangement, the crap you posted while generalizing everything like an average copy-pasta Polytechnic project just showed how ignorant you're.

Next time you're going to an intellectual battle, be properly armed with proper points.

Bros forget these pained haters, they are just overwhelmed that despite their hatred and spite for Islam, Islam remains the fastest growing religion in the world (google it). and so shall it remain whether haters like it or not.

Islam for life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 7:30pm On May 01, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Why are you denying the simple fact that in islam, a girl is considered matured for marriage?

Sharia compliant countries use secular law to avoid underage marriage
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 7:31pm On May 01, 2020
babakb:

Bros forget these pained haters, they are just overwhelmed that despite their hatred and spite for Islam, Islam remains the fastest growing religion in the world (google it). and so shall it remain whether haters like it or not.

Islam for life.

Poverty is also growing globally.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by InfinityFabric: 7:41pm On May 01, 2020
whitelotus:

Why are you denying the simple fact that in islam, a girl is considered matured for marriage?
Sharia compliant countries use secular law to avoid underage marriage
So, u think Islaam set the age ? It's the society that the age haha.
Age 7,8,9 etc was common in medieval times, Abeg go read history.

Even US states are in disagreement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_age_in_the_United_States#Underage_marriage_age_by_jurisdictiones
Your people in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_of_France#Early_life_and_marriage:_1295%E2%80%931308

1 Like

Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by sulasa07(m): 7:47pm On May 01, 2020
whitelotus:

Poverty is also growing globally.
Does poverty not exist in Philippines,Brazil,Mexico,Venezuela,Dr Congo,Papua Guinea
As in extreme poverty
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 1:14am On May 04, 2020
InfinityFabric:

So, u think Islaam set the age ? It's the society that the age haha.
Age 7,8,9 etc was common in medieval times, Abeg go read history.

Even US states are in disagreement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_age_in_the_United_States#Underage_marriage_age_by_jurisdictiones
Your people in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_of_France#Early_life_and_marriage:_1295%E2%80%931308

Islam doesnt set an age.

Puberty is the minimum for marriage in islam. Therefore, a girl of 11 years can be seen as ready for marriage. Puberty is the measure.

In Europe and America, there are many laws that affect marriage and consent. Even contract law (marriage is a contract) raises the marriageable age to 18 in many states.
Re: Why Do Islam Permit The Marriage Of Underaged Girls (10-15) Years by whitelotus: 1:17am On May 04, 2020
sulasa07:

Does poverty not exist in Philippines,Brazil,Mexico,Venezuela,Dr Congo,Papua Guinea
As in extreme poverty

You are missing the point. The fact that islam is the fastest growing religion has nothing to do with whether islam is true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Operation 'Moving Train' / About Qosri Solats / Zakat Al-fitr: Faqs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.