Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta (7531 Views)

Peter Okoye: Igbo Socio-cultural Confusion, Cultural Inferiority Complex / An Explanation On Whether South South Has Inferiority Complex / We Just Destroyed Our Brother With Inferiority Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by gidgiddy: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2020
oyatz:
If the SS were to be a country on its own, with each State having crude oil and no singular overwhelming majority tribe, in about 50 years, most of the tribes would have diffused into one emerging super ethnic group.

In other words, tribes such as Ijaw, Ibibio, Ogoja, Bini, Anang, Uhrobo and many others who have existed for thousands of years will forget their language, their history and culture then fuse into one super ethnic group? How do you think that is possible?

If the SS were to become a separate country, what is most likely to happen is that the country would become a 3 zone Region. The Ijaw/Edo/Ogoni would probably become a Region, the Igbo speaking areas such as Aniomas/Igbankes /Ikwerre /Ahoada /Obigbo would become a Region. The Ibibios, Efiks, Anang and Ogoja would become a Region.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Smoke55:
the correct one is ikuzirim,iku is a single word that means to fetch, just like ikuzirim is a single word that means to teach me,ikuzirim means "to teach me" there is no relationship between iku mmiri as in to fetch water with ikuzirim.
no you're wrong.... Go and get mbido igbo!!

Ikwu_zirim is to teach me

There's nothing like Ikuzirim!!

Iku is to fetch while ikwu is to say

Ikwuzirm is to say something to someone to learn...

While Iku... Can only be used in fetch something!

Example ikummiri, ikunri, iku mmanu!!

Go and get your mbido!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Smoke55: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
lol... Igbos!! Arewa will never force any region into Arewa unlike the Igbos... Unity beggars...

Biafra is 5 igbo state... No sane person will ever join unproductive south east!
unproductive south east while you spent half of your life studing and learning their language? is that not laughable? believe me i lived in the north for 5yrs yet i cant speak hausa let alone writting it becus i dnt find it so important to learn it..
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2020
Smoke55:
unproductive south east while you spent half of your life studing and learning their language? is that not laughable? believe me i lived in the north for 5yrs yet i cant speak hausa let alone writting it becus i dnt find it so important to learn it..
lol... I learn igbo for just 2yrs

I'm a fulani man... We're naturally blessed with good brain...

Learning igbo is harder than learning Hausa but I learn igbo for just 2yrs

You lived in the north for 5yrs and can't speak Hausa. It means you're very slow and can't learn!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Smoke55: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
no you're wrong.... Go and get mbido igbo!!

Ikwu_zirim is to teach me

There's nothing like Ikuzirim!!

Iku is to fetch while ikwu is to say

Ikwuzirm is to say something to someone to learn...

While Iku... Can only be used in fetch something!

Example ikummiri, ikunri, iku mmanu!!

Go and get your mbido!!
nawa ooo young man i was born and brought up in igbo language,i read mbidi igbo through out my primary school days,i have read many igbo novels check any where or ask anybody,ikuzirim ihe means to teach me some thing,,nkuzi means teaching (i cant add under my words do to my phone settings)its ikuzirim and not ikwuzirim...if ikwuzirim is to teach me then what is "teaching" in igbo?
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Smoke55: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
lol... I learned igbo for just 2yrs

I'm a fulani man... We're naturally blessed with good brain...

Learning igbo is harder than learning Hausa but I learn igbo for just 2yrs

You lived in the north for 5yrs and can't speak Hausa. It means you're very slow and can't learn!!

not that i'm too slow it means i'm nt interested in learning it,there are other languages i learnt to speak in a year.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Redcrafton: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
lol... Igbos!! Arewa will never force any region into Arewa unlike the Igbos... Unity beggars...

Biafra is 5 igbo state... No sane person will ever join unproductive south east!

Stop repeating yourself like a broken record.

Show were any tribe is forced in the SS?

I have shown you were your leaders are crawling begging for unity of the failed 19 northern states.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Smoke55:
nawa ooo young man i was born and brought up in igbo language,i read mbidi igbo through out my primary school days,i have read many igbo novels check any where or ask anybody,ikuzirim ihe means to teach me some thing,,nkuzi means teaching (i cant add under my words do to my phone settings)its ikuzirim and not ikwuzirim...if ikwuzirim is to teach me then what is "teaching" in igbo?

Yes ndi NdiNkuzi means teachers!! But ikwuzirim means to teach me!! Ikwuziri ha or fa to teach them...

Igbo land language is of different varieties...onitsha have their own type of Igbo,Abia have their own, Ebonyi have their own, Imo have their own...

But the main igbo that is recognized for teaching is imo igbo!! And that's what I'm using!! I can speak other igbo too but when it comes to writing... I do use imo igbo!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2020
Redcrafton:

Stop repeating yourself like a broken record.

Show were any tribe is forced in the SS?

I have shown you were your leaders are crawling begging for unity of the failed 19 northern states.
Ojukwu forced other tribes some part of south south into Biafra during the war... And killed those that refused to join!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by nku5: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2020
OP- The Niger-Delta identity is something the south-south people have been using as a United front against domination by the larger tribes (Igbo,Hausa and Yoruba)

It's not a complex but a way to have a voice in the Nigerian experiment. It hasn't helped them at all to be honest because they have had a 60 year alliance with the north who own most of their oil wells.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by nku5: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
Ojukwu forced other tribes some part of south south into Biafra during the war... And killed those that refused to join!!

Beer parlour gist
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2020
nku5:

Beer parlour gist
that's what you'll say...

Go and read about the Civil War...

And see how your hero Ojukwu is invading the south south!! He even invaded the south west!! But Yorubas banter Biafran soldiers with full capacity!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by PeterUdeme: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2020
oyatz:
Yeah I also think they should be but just that I haven't met many.

While in the secondary School, I tried to learn Igbo language by volunteering to teach Obinna (who just cane from Anambra to join us in JSS-2) Yoruba language during break time in exchange for him teaching me Igbo.

After a week, Obinna stopped teaching me with the filmsy excuse that the language is too hard for non-natives to easily understand. I tried learning it from the numerous Igbo guys around me but they will just be smiling at me. Later on, someone just told me that Igbo men don't like non-natives to learn and understand their language.
I later found out that this is only true with the older men but the younger ones don't mind, the problem is that most of the younger ones (born and brought up in Lagos) don't fully understand the language themselves.

Many years later, I started learning the language from my Ex-GF during NYSC in Yobe State because of the possibility that we may marry each other.

Only Igbo women will teach you their language. I learnt it from a girl I dated back then.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by PeterUdeme: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2020
oyatz:
Yeah I also think they should be but just that I haven't met many.

While in the secondary School, I tried to learn Igbo language by volunteering to teach Obinna (who just cane from Anambra to join us in JSS-2) Yoruba language during break time in exchange for him teaching me Igbo.

After a week, Obinna stopped teaching me with the filmsy excuse that the language is too hard for non-natives to easily understand. I tried learning it from the numerous Igbo guys around me but they will just be smiling at me. Later on, someone just told me that Igbo men don't like non-natives to learn and understand their language.
I later found out that this is only true with the older men but the younger ones don't mind, the problem is that most of the younger ones (born and brought up in Lagos) don't fully understand the language themselves.

Many years later, I started learning the language from my Ex-GF during NYSC in Yobe State because of the possibility that we may marry each other.

Only Igbo women will teach you their language. I learnt it from a girl I dated back then. And the Gus were very angry with her for teaching me. Igbo women are very different from their men. Detribalised and kind. Their men are just devils.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by PeterUdeme: 10:59am On Apr 23, 2020
SLAP44:

Igbo language is very easy to understand, Obinna was wrong, or maybe he saw you were not making much progress.

Another thing I am thinking of is, are you sure some tribes learn other languages faster than some people? Because the way Igbo boys start speaking other languages within weeks of arriving there is amazing.

I learnt Igbo language within a month. It’s very easy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by PeterUdeme: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2020
Youngmaster0:

What you have written, how does that even sound true to you.. That igbos don't like people to learn there language, as in what? Not every one has the capacity to teach, or know how to begin with that.. I can't teach you either, you have to mix with the people to learn or meet a professional educator.

It’s a fact Igbo guys don’t want people to learn their language. They want to abuse you in their language. They will even joke at you that you should go to Igbo land if you want to learn their language.

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Smoke55: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:

Yes ndi NdiNkuzi means teachers!! But ikwuzirim means to teach me!! Ikwuziri ha or fa to teach them...

Igbo land language is of different varieties...onitsha have their own type of Igbo,Abia have their own, Ebonyi have their own, Imo have their own...

But the main igbo that is recognized for teaching is imo igbo!! And that's what I'm using!! I can speak other igbo too but when it comes to writing... I do use imo igbo!!
we have igbo nzugbe and olu mba,there is no igbo both igbo nzugbe and olu mba that pronounce ikuzirim as ikwuzirim,ikwu means to speak,,ikwuzi or ikwu ofu ofuma can mean "to stand well" igbo dnt use imo state dialect as the official language please,igbo nzugbe relate to anambra dialect nt imo,when owerri man speak igbo i hardly undstand them.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2020
Smoke55:
we have igbo nzugbe and olu mba,there is no igbo both igbo nzugbe and olu mba that pronounce ikuzirim as ikwuzirim,ikwu can me to speak,,ikwuzi or ikwu of ofuma can mean "to stand well" igbo dnt use imo state dialect as the official language please,igbo nzugbe relate to anambra dialect nt imo,when owerri man speak igbo i hardly undstand them.
since you don't want to learn... Nsogbu Adighi

You're free to hold on to whatever thing you believe is right!
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by nku5: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
that's what you'll say...

Go and read about the Civil War...

And see how your hero Ojukwu is invading the south south!! He even invaded the south west!! But Yorubas banter Biafran soldiers with full capacity!!

Wrong

1. There were very few Yoruba soldiers in the battle of Ore. Mostly middle belt men

2. Ojukwu never invaded the south-south. It was already under his control

3. The tribes that made up non-igbo Biafrans were the backbone of that republic. Google Okokon Ndem, Paddy Davies, Effiong. Did they ever complain to anybody?
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2020
nku5:

Wrong

1. There were very few Yoruba soldiers in the battle of Ore. Mostly middle belt men

3. The tribes that made up non-igbo Biafrans were the backbone of that republic. Google Okokon Ndem, Paddy Davies, Effiong. Did they ever complain to anybody?

are you trying to rewrite history??

Ojukwu invaded the south west and tried conquering the south south... Ojukwu massacred hundreds of civilians in the south south who rejectd Biafra...go and read history!

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Smoke55: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:

i should be the one saying that to you,,,,it is ikuzirim not ikwuzirim...and mind you teachers is ndi nkuzi not ndinkuzi...ndi and nkuzi are to different words and should be seperated in a sentence...the first "i" in ikuzirim suppose have a dot under it else it is meaningless in igbo...seems you are yet to learn igbo writting.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Ejighi m gi úgwó...abúm nwafó Igbo, amaghi m ihe îna akógherí ihe a
Biko ewela iwe, ndi okenye Siri na onye ajuju adighi efuhari Uzo -obughi ezi okwu?
kedu omumara igbo isi puta?
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Klinee: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm a complete Fulani man!! I have no single igbo relation!! But I have up to 15 igbo chicks in the east!!

Their love for Handsome fulani boys with big, fat long gbola no be here...

Especially if you can speak igbo fluently!!

All of them want us to get married...they use to visit me here in kano!

Igbo girls nice Sha grin
Were you born and brought in the east?
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 11:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Smoke55:
i should be the one saying that to you,,,,it is ikuzirim not ikwuzirim...and mind you teachers is ndi nkuzi not ndinkuzi...ndi and nkuzi are to different words and should be seperated in a sentence...the first "i" in ikuzirim suppose have a dot under it else it is meaningless in igbo...seems you are yet to learn igbo writting.
shut up!! You don't don't shit!! About your own igbo language!! Ndinkuzi are teachers while ikwuzirim is to teach me!!!

Go back to school and go igbo!! Stop skipping igbo class!!

Now tell me what is Akara okwu and njiko okwu in igbo??

1 Like

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
Akwukwo, not Akukwo
Iku mmiri, not ikwu miri... Ikwu means to say!
Iku means to fetch!! Ikwuzirim is the right Answer!!
You are very wrong and wrong..
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by nku5: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
are you trying to rewrite history??

Ojukwu invaded the south west and tried conquering the south south... Ojukwu massacred hundreds of civilians in the south south who rejectd Biafra...go and read history!

There was nothing like South West. Nigeria declared war on Biafra and Biafra undertook a campaign to take the war to Nigeria.

Where were the hundreds of south-south civilians killed? Which towns or villages? I hope you know there was an enquiry into these allegations by the Midwest Regional government which found no evidence of this.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2020
nku5:

Wrong

Google Gen Wellington bassey
Gen uj Esuene
Gen Udo Udo
They fought on the federal side. We were Never fully in support of biafra, 90% of my people didn't want to be part of Biafra and it's worse now

3 Likes

Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:

Igbo Izugbe...not nzugbe this man.
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 11:34am On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You are very wrong and wrong..
am very wrong as how??

UloAkwukwo is school!!

Ukwu and uku is two different things!!

Kw is udamkpe!! You can say Ikuzirim

Iku is to fetch!! Ikwu is to say

When teaching we say not fetch!!

It is ikwuzirim not Ikuzirim!
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Arrewa: 11:35am On Apr 23, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Igbo Izugbe...not nzugbe this man.
where did I wrote izugbe there??

Igbos una no dey shame??

I understand!! You're all very jealous that a fulani man can speak igbo to the extent of lecturing you in the use of Igbo language!! grin

This same illiterate Herdsmen!! I feel your pain bro!
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Arrewa:
am very wrong as how??
UloAkwukwo is school!!
Ukwu and uku is two different things!!
Kw is udamkpe!! You can say Ikuzirim
Iku is to fetch!! Ikwu is to say

When teaching we say not fetch!!
It is ikwuzirim not Ikuzirim!

Mtcheew.

Hearing this for the first time.
That's your own version of Igbo and not mine oooo...
Re: Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta by nku5: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Blackking98:

Google Gen Wellington bassey
Gen uj Esuene
Gen Udo Udo
They fought on the federal side. We were Never fully in support of biafra, 90% of my people didn't want to be part of Biafra and it's worse now

You forgot to mention the brilliant Etuk who fought in the Owerri battle for the FG. Ike Nwachukwu fought for the FG as well. Yoruba officers also fought for Biafra. These facts are not new.

The point is simple, at no point were minorities forced to be part of Biafra against their will. Them as well as igbos were massacred in the north and ran back to the East. Were there some ppl against it? Of course, even some Igbos were not in support but to claim they were forced into it is not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senators, Reps Consider Tinubu’s ₦‎27.5 Trillion Budget Without Details / Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission / Was Murtala Mohammed a good man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.