Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes (24305 Views)

Zeeworld: Monday January 21st 2019 Update On ‘twist Of Fate Season 2’ / Zeeworld Series - Update On King Of Heart 2 Episode 591-593 / 7 Things we dont like about Zeeworld Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by ekaette1621: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
I smile in a Fulani way.

Nigerian women love SIMPS.

Zee world is full of SIMPS trying to please those Oloshos over there.

Nigerian women watches these Bollywood and fantasize them.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Goodman247: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Op you are selfish, men likes are different from women, man like to watch sports, action movies etc, but women loves to watch soap operas like zeeworld and telemundo, they love stories, gossip, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:
So, naturally I don't post a lot on Nairaland.

But this time, you see, I need help. I need answers. Mostly from the esteemed community of the "fairer sex" smiley .

Please can someone explain to me what the blooming obsession/craze with these lame Indian shows on Zeeworld[or any other station] is all about

I am trying to watch the news here, but my cousin has been holding on to the damned remote control device.

I have asked her why these drowsy programmes always get her raved up but the silly girl has her dreamy face way too locked on to the screen to give a reasonable answer and I am surely gonna lose my cool any moment from now.

But... before then... I seek answers from kind and well-meaning Zeeworld aficionados and ladies out there.

What is this Bolly-whatever obsession about- really?! Honest answers please.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt responses to my little question.

And, oh, never mind my rants. I am just a bit riled up at the moment. These programmes bore me. More like... stink!

Awaiting your kind responses.

- Yours puzzled,
Mansakhalifa

P.S. *And let's not even talk about their accents* sad

OP, Nigerian women love Zee World for the following reasons...

1) They drool about the Handsome fair skinned male actors:

A greater number of them have their most preferred favorite actor which they are crushing on! That is why the sale of cucumber is on the rise. Who do you think they fantasize about while jabbing the long green vegetable in and out of themselves? Whizkid?

2) They love drama: Most Nigerian ladies are in love with unnecessary drama which is what is played out in Zee Word flicks.

3) What does not make sense in real life makes perfect sense to most Nigerian women: No need to explain further undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Damnnnn it!!

From Ganga to ring of fire, Twist of faith, amma, this is fate, jodha and akbar, zaras nikha [/quote]
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Biglittlelois(f): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

This is probably an old post but it only proves the lady just wasted her time responding. She said they get pleasure from watching zeaworld just the way you get pleasure from watching EPL and you're asking how dare she compare. The debate of "how dare you compare" doesn't fit in here cause it's more about what appeals to an individual. Nobody's source of relaxation is better than another's. Everybody can't like the game of 22 people chasing a round object up and down a big field.

I love this response,

Though I'm a football fan not zee world, I hardly watch it except when I absolutely feel like, the addiction is the problem, that's what people don't understand, everything should be watched or loved with moderation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
You didn't include Starlife in your analysis ni?? grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by pocohantas(f): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
Activist001:

This one no follow. I don't watch football and I hate ZeeWorld. The whole concept of Indian movies is just so disgusting to me. It's not about thinking what women watch are "dumb".

It is what it is. This topic is a not a new one. Even among guys, if you say you don’t watch football- they look at you like a sissy. So don’t come here to tell me what I know ehn? Thank you o!

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by freshyoladipupo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
shitty show where you can't distinguish between person wey dey talk from afar from person wey dey talk near..
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nato008(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

At last, a Zeeworld apologist^^^. I appreciate this. Trust me.

But you see, as the axiom goes, you do not compare apple with peaches or even oranges.

Like seriously, you compare the EPL- the world's greatest football league- to a Zeeworld show!?!!? I mean who does that? Such utter disrespect.

I will just let that pass. Long as you promise not to draw such unhealthy comparisons... *exhales* Ever again.

seconded jareee....
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by MummyD2020(f): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Handywork:
me sef don't understand the craziness over that station.
the zeeworld Indian movies are boring for my liking mostly those their slow motion is very annoying...

I love keeping it real naturally. But there was this scene that everyone in the room was just staring at each other for a very long time. Let's say for more than 10 minutes. I mean who does that? It was so fake and time consuming that I just changed the channel. That doesnt mean I dont sneak a peek once in a while but it's just too fake for my liking jare. Me that love action movies like kilode.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by safetyInspector(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Many Indians don't really like watching it, just the same way some Nigerians dislike Nollywood
yunqdady:
It's inferiority complex. They watch it to admire the light skinned actresses and compare themselves to them
Shallow shallow people

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Bebson007(m): 2:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Man, my wife initiatted to the programme during lock down. Bro for peace to reing in the house find way and do follow up u wil enjoy urself lol check 6pm for yong dreams and 7pm for Ring of fire thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Biglittlelois(f): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
yunqdady:
It's inferiority complex. They watch it to admire the light skinned actresses and compare themselves to them
Shallow shallow people

Meaning you that watch EPL and all others, do that to admire their light skin complexion, and football skills cos you have inferiority complex abi? Very shallow of you.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

It is what it is. This topic is a not a new one. Even among guys, if you say you don’t watch football- they look at you like a sissy. So don’t come here to tell me what I know ehn? Thank you o!
I have many friends (male) who don't fancy watching football except finals (like the world cup or Champions league finals) and no one calls them "sissy" or whatever you call it.

Most men who watch football don't watch it all day every day, they also watch other things like news, action movies, and sometimes even Nollywood movies, but women who are addicted to Zeeworld? Good luck finding any one of them watching other meaningful things other than Indian and Korean movies. Looks like you haven't met a real zeeworld addict I swear. grin

6 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by favour32(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
Leave them make dem enjoy.
Na pass I dey always pass.
Except dem nor dey.

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
See time wey admin dey approve post (smh)
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
The last time I tried to watch zeeworld program I felt my IQ reducing, never again.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Shokoloko(f): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
scoundrel:
I know I’m wasting time and effort, but I’ll make this quick: Imagine how you enjoy watching the Premiere League? That’s how much enjoyment your cousin gains from Zeeworld. Imagine how much you enjoy posting comments on Nairaland? That’s how much enjoyment she gains from their programming. Imagine how much you enjoy betting on sports competitions? She feels the same. Imagine how much Nairalanders enjoy criticizing the government?

At the end of the day anything which someone enjoys, just replace the activity with Zeeworld and the individual with your cousin. I can delve deeper into the mechanics of the channel’s enjoyment. Time and time again I’ve learned not to bother.

Finally, I understand. Valid point. I have five sisters and the six of us plus my mother couldn't figure out the joy of Zeeworld.
Now you have explained. We couldn't figure out Zeeworld as well.

Our viewing was either Discovery Channel or Fox news. I guess its different stokes for different folks undecided
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by pocohantas(f): 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Activist001:

I have many friends (male) who don't fancy watching football except finals (like the world cup or Champions league finals) and no one calls them "sissy" or whatever you call it.

Most men who watch football don't watch it all day every day, they also watch other things like news, action movies, and sometimes even Nollywood movies, but women who are addicted to Zeeworld? Good luck finding any one of them watching other meaningful things other than Indian and Korean movies. Looks like you haven't met a real zeeworld addict I swear. grin

When you are done playing ostrich, I will know.

I bet you also have female friends who watch football and no one thinks they’re special. The lies we tell ourselves. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by freethinker01: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
I've got no qualms with people watching zee world at least, the way we derive pleasure is quite relative but what irks and irritates me most is how people watch it on a binge as in like 6 hours nonstop. It beats me, really it does

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by gbemishile: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
We dey see the result na
Cus one if them just lie say she for die if not say one uy shove am aside collect bullet for her
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Shokoloko(f): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
i926:
Locked all Telenovelas, ZeeWorld and even music channels.

I don't get why a lady would come to my house and want to tell me what to watch.

I agree. She should watch it in her own house.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by TeemahBeddings: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
I am a different breed o.

But I like Bollywood grin

When last did you change your sheets?
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Fairytalessss(f): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
we are tired of the matter
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

When you are done playing ostrich, I will know.

I bet you also have female friends who watch football and no one thinks they’re special. The lies we tell ourselves. undecided
Ok, I will have to agree that they're stereotypes, but that doesn't mean men see things like Zeeworld that many women watch as "dumb". Most of us (including many women) don't just like the obsession most of them have with it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
My mum and sister are built different...These ones hate Telemundo, but watch football, action movies, Nat geo wild e.t.c...

And Oh, my sister ruined my PS4 pad playing mortal kombat... undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Saintly01(m): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
I thank God for delivering me from "zee world addiction". I never knew I could break off from that addiction. Now it stinks to me. Instead of sitting to see what Pragya, Ashana, Bani etc are up to, I just write write write.
I pray God delivers the rest of my family members soon especially my mom lols
Thank God for your life.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by pocohantas(f): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Activist001:

Ok, I will have to agree that they're stereotypes, but that doesn't mean men see things like Zeeworld that many women watch as "dumb". Most of us (including many women) don't just like the obsession most of them have with it.

Men see it as dumb. If you are on this thread, reading the comments and still arguing this, I give up.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Btaipei(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Anything u give ur attention to for long time will be attracted to u. I use to watch soccer alot.but this days i cant sit down and watch for 90 minutes.only highlights.

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by ekensi01: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
scoundrel:
I know I’m wasting time and effort, but I’ll make this quick: Imagine how you enjoy watching the Premiere League? That’s how much enjoyment your cousin gains from Zeeworld. Imagine how much you enjoy posting comments on Nairaland? That’s how much enjoyment she gains from their programming. Imagine how much you enjoy betting on sports competitions? She feels the same. Imagine how much Nairalanders enjoy criticizing the government?

At the end of the day anything which someone enjoys, just replace the activity with Zeeworld and the individual with your cousin. I can delve deeper into the mechanics of the channel’s enjoyment. Time and time again I’ve learned not to bother.

Doesn't make any sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) / Dan Foster Falls-off Chair On Nigeria’s Got Talent (Pictures) / Bbnaija: I’m Attracted To Jackie B – Pere Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.