Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes (25035 Views)

Zeeworld: Monday January 21st 2019 Update On ‘twist Of Fate Season 2’ / Zeeworld Series - Update On King Of Heart 2 Episode 591-593 / 7 Things we dont like about Zeeworld Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
COMPAQ:

Kinda like how we guys are hung up on football!!

No man...

Don't do this to your comrades.

You know football is high up there like mount Everest and Zeeworld and those other flicks are way down there like Dead Sea.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

I typed that intentionally though, I do it all the time and you and your kind never fail to take the bait. Anyway, I know when Abacha died, I remember it vividly. Not forgetting the Ikeja Cantonement Bomb blast.

Keep finding x. grin grin

i don't know why you are pretending you don't know when muritala was assassinated

seems like a vindication week

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Daewhome:
and the way they zoom their faces because of little suspense is so mumuish...should i even mention their themes?smh

This man is angry... grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Tayor23:
i told my woman’s younger sister not to come to my house anymore because of that stupid channel...No time for special recognition

Lol...

For real?
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin grin I bet she is also thinking "what's his obsession with news is he not tired of hearing bad news grin grin grin grin

That you enjoy some of their stories doesn't mean you are necessarily obsessed with it

If light or generator no work, you go kee yaself

What I hate, is the repetition, songs and movies inclusive, it's as if that's the only song/movie in the world whereas there are millions

Multichoice is reaping Nigerians big time

No, I beg to disagree with the second paragraph, madam.

It's actually an obsession. A big one. It has actually consumed her.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Eileene(f): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Their beautiful faces and fancy dresses for one they paint the life we all dream to have tho I don't have the strength nor time to follow all of them.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:
So, naturally I don't post a lot on Nairaland.

But this time, you see, I need help. I need answers. Mostly from the esteemed community of the "fairer sex" smiley .

Please can someone explain to me what the blooming obsession/craze with these lame Indian shows on Zeeworld[or any other station] is all about

I am trying to watch the news here, but my cousin has been holding on to the damned remote control device.

I have asked her why these drowsy programmes always get her raved up but the silly girl has her dreamy face way too locked on to the screen to give a reasonable answer and I am surely gonna lose my cool any moment from now.

But... before then... I seek answers from kind and well-meaning Zeeworld aficionados and ladies out there.

What is this Bolly-whatever obsession about- really?! Honest answers please.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt responses to my little question.

And, oh, never mind my rants. I am just a bit riled up at the moment. These programmes bore me. More like... stink!

Awaiting your kind responses.

- Yours puzzled,
Mansakhalifa

P.S. *And let's not even talk about their accents* sad
not female, I don't watch bollywood, but you see those south Korean movies? Ah! Nor follow me drag remote o, I fit remove your teeth
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Eileene(f): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ryan03:
not female, I don't watch bollywood, but you see those south Korean movies? Ah! Nor follow me drag remote o, I fit remove your teeth
Ah ah those ones done reign pass na
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Humanoid01(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nerro042:
I don't actually see much ladies watching zee world anymore that craze has mostly faded most people just watch movies or series on their phones nowadays. Speaking from my surroundings
I can say the same. My mom and younger sister used to be addicted to it. Since the advent of covid-19 which affected the televising of their favourite programmes, they lost interest and mom switched back to her nollywood stations.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by pocohantas(f): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
MLTR:

i don't know why you are pretending you don't know when muritala was assassinated
seems like a vindication week

More of corroboration. You haven’t said anything I haven’t put out there myself. I always love to introduce myself. wink

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

At last, a Zeeworld apologist^^^. I appreciate this. Trust me.

But you see, as the axiom goes, you do not compare apple with peaches or even oranges.

Like seriously, you compare the EPL- the world's greatest football league- to a Zeeworld show!?!!? I mean who does that? Such utter disrespect.

I will just let that pass. Long as you promise not to draw such unhealthy comparisons... *exhales* Ever again.

lol, bro calm down, I think she is right. Everyone got their obsession
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr.....
Ogbeni op...don't get annoyed.....just tolerate for now....then probably get some cash to buy another tv because if you think your getting angry is gonna make your cousin to reduce her obsession for zee world then you are wasting your time

Me personally if i tell you the last time I watched our TV ehhnn..you go shock....

Them my sisters nor dey allow me watch anything at all....because of zee world
From Ganga to ring of fire,
Twist of faith, amma, this is fate, jodha and akbar, zaras nikha
you even memorize the names grin grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
positivevibez:
The thing tire me sef so annoying I refused to subscribe I even go as far as showing her the real India and Pakistan that is different from zee world yet embarassed embarassed embarassed
waste of time and effort brother, they already program their mind to see those handsome guys and ladies whenever you mention anything India
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
And have you all noticed that some Nigerian girls now try very hard to dress up like Indians and talk like them? Last time I was in Lagos, I saw one dressed in a sari and she even had a bindi(that red thing) on her forehead. For a moment, I thought she was mad. I almost ran out of the place that we were in at the time. But hell, men don't run. angry

Some women have even gone as far as giving their daughters Indian names.

This absolutely terrible! What can be done?
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
yunqdady:
It's inferiority complex. They watch it to admire the light skinned actresses and compare themselves to them
Shallow shallow people
nat true at all. What about those obsessed with Nigerian traditional movies? I mean those movies where they tie pieces of cloth around their waist and chest? Inferiority complex too?
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ryan03:
lol, bro calm down, I think she is right. Everyone got their obsession

I can't take such comparison.

How can somebody out there compare football with Zeeworld?

No way.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
Eileene:

Ah ah those ones done reign pass na
still so crazy about them. I was introduced to it by a friend in 2011, till date, can't break free. I don't even want to be free, as long as it's not causing any damage to my everyday life. It's my relaxation medicine cool
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by prciouschika(f): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Deicide:
Telemundo is actually quite interesting, sometimes you wouldn't even notice they are acting. But you see that Zee world ewwww So DUMB.
zee world is veryyyy dumb and so unreal most times I wonder how far the directors of the series cheesy.... though I watch both grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by praiseneo(m): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2021
grin grin
ItsTutsi:
guy this ur comment cracked me up!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
pocohantas:

More of corroboration. You haven’t said anything I haven’t put out there myself. I always love to introduce myself. wink

Do you remember that popular wasiu ayinde song, that caused a stir among women in nigeria grin grin assignment wink
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Activist001:

This one no follow. I don't watch football and I hate ZeeWorld. The whole concept of Indian movies is just so disgusting to me. It's not about thinking what women watch are "dumb", Indian movies are just not it especially the ones about love and relationships.
the fact that you hate it doesn't mean others should na, allow people make their choices as long as it's doing no harm to themselves or society
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by ostechno(m): 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:
So, naturally I don't post a lot on Nairaland.

But this time, you see, I need help. I need answers. Mostly from the esteemed community of the "fairer sex" smiley .

Please can someone explain to me what the blooming obsession/craze with these lame Indian shows on Zeeworld[or any other station] is all about

I am trying to watch the news here, but my cousin has been holding on to the damned remote control device.

I have asked her why these drowsy programmes always get her raved up but the silly girl has her dreamy face way too locked on to the screen to give a reasonable answer and I am surely gonna lose my cool any moment from now.

But... before then... I seek answers from kind and well-meaning Zeeworld aficionados and ladies out there.

What is this Bolly-whatever obsession about- really?! Honest answers please.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt responses to my little question.

And, oh, never mind my rants. I am just a bit riled up at the moment. These programmes bore me. More like... stink!

Awaiting your kind responses.

- Yours puzzled,
Mansakhalifa

P.S. *And let's not even talk about their accents* sad
Me self no understand o, the day I tried watching that channel, I regretted it. It's a complete crap
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

I can't take such comparison.

How can somebody out there compare football with Zeeworld?

No way.
I don't think she is comparing the match to zeeworld, the comparison is in the emotions. The joy you derive from epl is the joy they derive from zeeworld. I believe in freedom of choice as long as you don't affect me with it. About the remote thing, it's going to be a siblings rival thing, somedays you win, somedays she wins, thats if you both decide to be reasonable.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
sugarcoatted:
I hate zeeworld and telemundo with passion. I wonder what makes some people obsessed.

my sister, I thought I was the only that hate those,
my sister in-law is so crazy bout that zeeworld,she is ready to skip meals just for it. when she left, I was so relieved, because every time zeeworld this, "gaagan" that, there's one she calls "Mahak" or whatever,I only tolerated her because of hubby!
shior!!!
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Kaycee7(m): 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Unfortunately, you cannot compare what I like watching to what they like watching.

One is reality. The other is chappy, badly-written fiction.
Aren't they both entertainment media? They can be compared on those grounds. That joy you get from watching whatever reality show it is you watch is what people get from watching Zeeworld. Eez a simple sturvs.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
prince3009:

OP, Nigerian women love Zee World for the following reasons...

1) They drool about the Handsome fair skinned male actors:

A greater number of them have their most preferred favorite actor which they are crushing on! That is why the sale of cucumber is on the rise. Who do you think they fantasize about while jabbing the long green vegetable in and out of themselves? Whizkid?

2) They love drama: Most Nigerian ladies are in love with unnecessary drama which is what is played out in Zee Word flicks.

3) What does not make sense in real life makes perfect sense to most Nigerian women: No need to explain further undecided
bros off your mic grin
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Eileene(f): 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ryan03:
still so crazy about them. I was introduced to it by a friend in 2011, till date, can't break free. I don't even want to be free, as long as it's not causing any damage to my everyday life. It's my relaxation medicine cool
I used to watch them before but I hardly finish any they are cool sha but their girls are just too skinny always looking like crayfish.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
Ryan03:
I don't think she is comparing the match to zeeworld, the comparison is in the emotions. The joy you derive from epl is the joy they derive from zeeworld. I believe in freedom of choice as long as you don't affect me with it. About the remote thing, it's going to be a siblings rival thing, somedays you win, somedays she wins, thats if you both decide to be reasonable.

Now, this is what I am saying.

She shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

As for the girl(my cousin), she came visiting. Same way I came visiting. We were both at my father's place on a brief visit.

But she made it hell for me all through with her Zee-whatever.
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
ostechno:

Me self no understand o, the day I tried watching that channel, I regretted it. It's a complete crap

You tried to...

Good thing you ran away. That is how it all starts and before you know it...
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bebson007:
Man, my wife initiatted to the programme during lock down. Bro for peace to reing in the house find way and do follow up u wil enjoy urself lol check 6pm for yong dreams and 7pm for Ring of fire thank me later.
married man spotted. I like your maturity

1 Like

Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Now, this is what I am saying.

She shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

As for the girl(my cousin), she came visiting. Same way I came visiting. We were both at my father's place on a brief visit.

But she made it hell for me all through with her Zee-whatever.
ah! No need na, you guys will soon go your separate ways. I don't think there is anything you can do in this situation except you want to fight. I hate stress, thank God for phones, I go just face my own cause from your explanation, she is being unreasonable
Re: Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes by Ryan03(f): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Eileene:
I used to watch them before but I hardly finish any they are cool sha but their girls are just too skinny always looking like crayfish.
fine face and no ass grin but I am actually after their plots, the way they display emotions, not childish at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AMVCA: Uzee Usman Is First Northerner To Be Nominated As Best Actor In Drama / The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) / Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) 2019 Aspirants' Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.