Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU (32237 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / Student Replies ASUU On What He Has Learnt During The Long Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Corporate2020: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Na FG still go bend last.

From IPPIS to BVN not made available.
See as the FG has been shifting base.

Only the ASUU has the scrotum of the Federal government in its hand to squeeze anyhow it likes.

And this one too na youth.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Profaugie(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2020
If FG was sincere, with Presidential approval and directive, all ASUU members would have gotten their salaries by now. It's quite unfortunate how intellectuals are treated like beggars in this country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Osgilliat:

It doesn’t works that way. Such critical personal details have to be from the owners and not otherwise.

Who gave these "critical personal details" to d owners in d first place? Is it d govt or is it d owners of d details? If its so critical, then d govt has no business asking for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

Have you seen the form wey FG say make these lecturers fill?

Me wey be lecturer dey yarn you wetin dey and you dey dia dey ask nonsense kweshon.

For the form sef, FG say make we also fill when we go retire from service wey be 70years of age.

So FG don already take style register lecturers for IPPIS.

Dem go now combine that data with the already existing bvn data.

Covid19 really finished ASUU hands down.

D nonesense question I asked u can't answer and u say u are a lecturer. What type of lecturer are u that can't answer simple questions. I asked y can't d FG get d bvn itself and u talking about form. What's d correlation oga lecturer?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bolousadex: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2020
FG shouldn't bend this time.FG is right. ASUU is over-pampered. What's wrong with having them on an integrated payment platform which other Govt Staff had keyed into? They wanto avoid monthly deductions from NHS which Staff of private companies have been paying since time immemorial. what is wrong with these people? Why protest everything? that's not why they are on strike however, that's why they have not been paid...
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 11:03am On Apr 23, 2020
Petersamuel8:

Oga what is wrong if the government has the switch to there salary? Who are the university lecturers working for if not for the government? Stop talking as if the lecturers has there own organ of government
Again nobody is stopping them from lecturing in private institution but the government is against them having multiple federal jobs when we have mass unemployment rate in the country
Maybe you are too young to know what life was like when Buhari was military head of state an the role ASUU played in fighting for democracy. Maybe that is why some of you take democracy for granted or fail to see beyond the superficial consequences of government action.

What is wrong is even during military government ASUU was a bastion of opposition to autocracy. It was never cowed by the military
Lecturers criticised the government and did not generally lose their jobs or salary
There is background which you need to familiarize yourself with.
They negotiated autonomy with Obasanjo and a law was passed eventually .

Universities by their nature need to have autonomy. That is the norm in any country that is a democracy unless you want the university to operate like NTA. Lecturers MUST have intellectual independence.

The long and short is that a law was passed in 2003 Universities Autonomy Act. Find it and read it

This here is not the place to debate the law just to state that it exists and that the government cannot unilaterally wake one day and order changes WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Eteka1(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Has d govt been paying salaries into.ghost accounts or accounts that don't have bvn?
The VCs collect the money from FG and pay their staff. That way they inflate their wage bill. Also this enables lecturers to earn from many Universities at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Olumyyde(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2020
hybridblood07:
If the FG has been giving them their full entitlement from day one, it won't result to this issue going on. These men have so much responsibilities and most of them had to look for another means of revenue
Everyone has responsibilities. It has nothing to do with a particular set of people. It's universal.

2 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bluefilm: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

D nonesense question I asked u can't answer and u say u are a lecturer. What type of lecturer are u that can't answer simple questions. I asked y can't d FG get d bvn itself and u talking about form. What's d correlation oga lecturer?

You are exactly a typical example of the numerous useless and mentally lazy students we lecturers, unfortunately just have to deal with every day in our different schools...

You may be able to read but you cannot understand a farthing.

It's really a shame.

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
The VCs collect the money from FG and pay their staff. That way they inflate their wage bill. Also this enables lecturers to earn from many Universities at the same time.

Do d VCs pay cash to their staff? What has bvn got to do with lecturers earning from many universities?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
OK.
But come to think of it o, this BVN thing is flawed. It is flawed in the sense that one man can still have multiple bvn attached to multiple accounts. Just do it across different banks and claim you were unbanked or without account hitherto. As long as the fingerprints aren't fed into a supercomputer that checks every account holder against all other existing account holder, it is highly flawed.

This is wrong bro
You can only use one BVN number for multiple accounts
It's link to Cbn and NIMC

that's why you can walk into any bank to print ur BVN number
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

You are exactly a typical example of the numerous useless and mentally lazy students we lecturers, unfortunately just have to deal with everyday...

You may be able to read but you cannot understand a farthing.

It's really a shame.

Instead of answering simple questions, u are insulting. It just shows u have nothing upstairs despite u are boasting that u are a lecturer. A lecturer is an intellectual who isn't intimidated by questions & who doesn't allow his emotions get d better of him when he is confronted with simple questions. Ur case is different. I asked u simple questions, u couldn't answer & I talking about something completely unrelated. How do u then lecture and mark scripts of ur students? How did u become a lecturer when u can't answer simple questions & then u begin spilling ur emotions like a child who lost his lollypop to a bully?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Do d VCs pay cash to their staff? What has bvn got to do with lecturers earning from many universities?

I think in ASUU case this is what happen
They have multiple accounts
Which they are using to receive salary from multiple source
Different account for unilag
Different accounts for futa
This is just they same as IPPIS
Cause you can only use one BVN to collect salary in a school
Even if you have 10 salary account for 10 different schools

They will only pay for one school and forfiet the rest
USING BVN THEY WILL ONLY PAY THEM FOR ONE SCHOOL
AFTER THE VCs VET THEIR BVN THEY WILL SEND IT DOWN TO OFFICE OF THE ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION

TACTICALLY THIS IS JUST IPPIS USING ANOTHER NAME.

THE AIM IS TO BLOCK MULTIPLE SOURCES OF INCOME

4 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
So much fraud to cover in the Universities payrolls.

Ghost lecturers, lecturers earning from 2 or more Universities etc. That's why they are resistant to a simple thing like providing their BVN.
How is earning from two universities fraudulent? Is there a regulation against this?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by KrazyDave16(m): 11:12am On Apr 23, 2020
Cyberterror:
These lecturers are very corrupt. They have multiple accounts. Many of them teach in private universities too and draw salaries from there in breach of federal civil service laws. That's why they are resisting application of BVN and IPPIS .

This is true as I know some lecturers who do this. Worst part is these lecturers can fail you for no good reason

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by sharpwriter(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near
Things will never been the same
We are now at the level when each presidents of a nation will have to decide whether to join the new United Nations.

One rule, one order , one security for all nations

Get ready, don't argue, just wait and see before you start shouting

Always watch out for Emmanuel Macron

But why am I always seeing this Macron in controversial issues?

Many people haven't spoken well about him, why?

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Lisaint:

I think in ASUU case this is what happen
They have multiple accounts
Which they are using to receive salary from multiple source
Different account for unilag
Different accounts for futa
This is just they same as IPPIS
Cause you can only use one BVN to collect salary in a school
Even if you have 10 salary account for 10 different schools

They will only pay for one school and forfiet the rest
USING BVN THEY WILL ONLY PAY THEM FOR ONE SCHOOL
AFTER THE VCs VET THEIR BVN THEY WILL SEND IT DOWN TO OFFICE OF THE ACCOUNTANT-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION

TACTICALLY THIS IS JUST IPPIS USING ANOTHER NAME.

THE AIM IS TO BLOCK MULTIPLE SOURCES OF INCOME

U didn't answer d question I asked.
1. Do d VCs pay cash to their staff?
2. What has bvn got to do with lecturers earning from many universities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2020
KrazyDave16:

This is true as I know some lecturers who do this. Worst part is these lecturers can fail you for no good reason
Is there any regulation prohibiting Lecturers earning wages as visiting Lecturers, external examiner etc?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Olumyyde(m): 11:20am On Apr 23, 2020
SavageMaster:

This FG is SCAM

If FG wants to "show magnanimity " as they claimed, then it should be with no strings attached. Why claim you want to give consideration to the lecturers and then attach conditions?

This period, people have been receiving a lot of calls claiming to be from their banks, claiming one thing or the other and asking the person to give some details like ATM card details before his "locked" account can be "reactivated ".

Now, you want thousands of lecturers to submit their BVN just like that? Who does the compilation? You want to compromise sensitive details of thousands of people in your bid to be "magnanimous". How can you guarantee the safety of this kind of info. Tomorrow, we'll start hearing stories of lecturers being scammed or people calling them with their exact bank details or people kidnapping them and demanding for the exact amounts in their bank accounts.

If I were a lecturer, I will never comply with this. I repeat, it is scam
How do I unread this? Whaaaaaat!!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by amerengues(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2020
Babinski:

I think the BVN is a backdoor way to enroll them to IPPIS since the BVN system has the fingerprint and other details of the BVN holder.

I hardly quote people but I have to do this. Many persons present shallow view towards this issue. You just raised a valid point that many persons just couldn’t reason out. So you think they don’t want to receive salary abi? There is a case of mutual distrust between both parties.

They are scared of submitting because of the potential sinister move by the Government.

1) It’s so unfortunate that most students don’t know that if their small and not-equipped school don’t borrow Lecturers from other institutions, they will fail accreditation.

What’s the consequence of that? Your certificates will not be valid and often times might lead to the course being scrapped. Instead, you keep complaining of having them in 2 institutions. Mind you, it’s mostly a private and public institution which may not necessarily negate the double payments of salaries.

2)lets create a course say Engineering law. This is just a scenario. If your school only has a law faculty without no expertise in Engineering, you will need to employ someone in engineering field which could be an ADJUNCT lecturer. Some might have to come from the Industry or another institution

Again, no matter how established a program can be, you might not have an expertise in some areas.

3) Take a random survey about those who enrolled in IPPIS at the early part of this year and read the book of lamentations on their path. Salaries reduction and irregularities champions the order of the day. How can a professor earn 50,000 due to the irregularities On IPPIS?

Even Non academic staff are beginning to reassess their decision to join IPPIS when their salaries had scratches.

Again, CRUX OF THE MATTER is that if you want to resolve any potential issue, you might have to travel to Abuja.

Have we all reasoned the danger of the road, mounting expenses, time wasted all coupled with some level of bureaucracy especially when you get there on Thursday , lodge and they tell you the person isn’t on seat.

The question is, what has the Government done to DECENTRALIZE IPPIS and how can they be trusted?

4) Isn’t it a shame that our Lecturers earn a paltry as salary?
Average Monthly Salaries

Graduate Assistant- $291.6
Assistant Lecturers- $340
Early entrants PhD holders- $430

What would that do? Have you checked the salary of their colleagues in other countries like US, UK etc

5) It’s unfortunate, heart renting and painful that the struggle isn’t understood. Since 2009 till date, the entire Nigerian populace don’t even bother to know if Government has fulfilled all their promises. How about allowances? Infrastructures? Funding?

Why do we neglect the fact that if all these are out to place, it will benefit the students more.

Our educational system is going down the drain and the only body capable of fighting these challenges are seen as being greedy (even with that salary).

God will help us.

7 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Olumyyde(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2020
eldeens:

As a university regulatory agency, the FG is not fair to the system likewise ASUU, yes as some comments mentioned most of these lecturers do visiting in more than two universities just to accumulate some wages but on the other hand they are doing the system favor, some universities don't have adequate lecturers so the need for other lecturers to visit them, if we stop this act then most universities will be short of staff to teach particular course, and if we suggest closure of those courses due to failed accreditation as a result of understaffing then what is the future of our children attending that university, even the universities we are having in Nigeria are not adequate for our prospective students, not all students that passed jamb will be admitted and this is because of the carrying capacity of those universities. So it's a one whole of dilemma, and it need a sacrifice from both the FG and ASUU
Seen multiple times. It's ok.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Eteka1(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

How is earning from two universities fraudulent? Is there a regulation against this?
It's wrong cos they end up lecturing students twice or thrice the whole simester.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by SavageMaster: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2020
Olumyyde:

How do I unread this? Whaaaaaat!!!!!!

That's my opinion. If you don't like it, Sorry; there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 11:31am On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
It's wrong cos they end up lecturing students twice or thrice the whole simester.
The question is not whether it is wrong or right. The question is whether ther is any regulation against it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 11:32am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

1) The accountant General pay after the vetting process
2) The bvn is to confirm that you have one salary account only
Since you can only use one bvn for all your account
They will only pay you for the salary account you use in the original institution you are lecturing.

If you are a lecturer on Futa
And you use Polaris as your salary account
They will only pay for the services you render at futa into your Polaris account

If you now the type that also lecture at uniben
For sure you won't use the Polaris your using at Futa
You will use another account number or different bank entirely

They will only pay you for futa
Which means you will forgo your salary at uniben
Cause you can't be working in two schs
With one bvn

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by SavageMaster: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

I wish I could like this post a million times.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by SavageMaster: 11:36am On Apr 23, 2020
Lisaint:

1) The accountant General pay after the vetting process
2) The bvn is to confirm that you have one salary account only
Since you can only use one bvn for all your account
They will only pay you for the salary account you use in the original institution you are lecturing.

If you are a lecturer on Futa
And you use Polaris as your salary account
They will only pay for the services you render at futa into your Polaris account

If you now the type that also lecture at uniben
For sure you won't use the Polaris your using at Futa
You will use another account number or different bank entirely

They will only pay you for futa
Which means you will forgo your salary at uniben
Cause you can't be working in two schs
With one bvn

Is this not the same thing as enrolling them into IPPIS through the backdoor? FG and ASUU have not finished resolving their IPPIS palaver. Why is FG lying and trying to deceive and trick the lecturers into enrolling for IPPIS?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Temptee101(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:
Are people still operating bank account in Nigeria without BVN?

No wonder o

Don't all bank accounts have BVN? I don't understand these people?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by tomju(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
OK.
But come to think of it o, this BVN thing is flawed. It is flawed in the sense that one man can still have multiple bvn attached to multiple accounts. Just do it across different banks and claim you were unbanked or without account hitherto. As long as the fingerprints aren't fed into a supercomputer that checks every account holder against all other existing account holder, it is highly flawed.

Na lie joor. As soon as you obtain a second BVN and your biometric is captured a match will be spotted. Go and try even with another name and face(wear a mask) they will still detect you. They refused to be on IPPIS because it will detect them. now added an extra layer of security to weed of "ghost workers".
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by nauto: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The news didn’t state that they don’t have BVN.

It stated that they refused making their BVN available for validation of their account detail. It is obvious

Validate using the bank details. A simple script will check all the bank account bvn and validate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Facts About English You Don't Know / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention / No WASSCE For Nigerian Students Now - Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.